Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

Full story: mymixfm.com 890
The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law. Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#863 May 1, 2013
American support immigration reform

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#864 May 1, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
American support immigration reform
STFU. You cant even write. Go find something else to play with.
alan

Livonia, LA

#865 May 1, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>STFU. You cant even write. Go find something else to play with.
these polls are full of crap and they are too chickenshit to list areas polled!you can selectively poll anything and get the results youre looking for by selective polling?do the tax paying people really want to support another 12 million plus?most of these people if they got jobs(these would be low paying), would still qualify for social benefits like welfare etc.afforded by tax payers!who did these aholes poll?i don't think it was those who pay federal taxes?

MY MONEY, come take it.

#866 May 1, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>these polls are full of crap and they are too chickenshit to list areas polled!you can selectively poll anything and get the results youre looking for by selective polling?do the tax paying people really want to support another 12 million plus?most of these people if they got jobs(these would be low paying), would still qualify for social benefits like welfare etc.afforded by tax payers!who did these aholes poll?i don't think it was those who pay federal taxes?
Think about it. If you have a wallmount home phone, I bet you hardly ever answer it. We live in the cell phone age. You will never be polled if your sole source of communication is a cell. So who are they polling? The poor, who still have that wallmount. They answer it waiting for Publishers Clearing House to call. These people still buy magazines. What do you expect from these livs? They want more poor. They think Democracy is majority rule, or "mob rule" and not representative government....Our government is catering to livs. So the drive-by media is polling the poor, average IQ, 80, job, prison or welfare. This is where redistribution of wealth comes into play. This is Obama's private army, the reprobates of society. He should go ahead and make an executive order legalizing pot. His army would increase fivefold.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#867 May 2, 2013
My girlfriend has an Obama Cell Phone.

MY MONEY, come take it.

#869 May 2, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your girlfriend IS an Obama cellphone.
Good one.
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#871 May 2, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.
Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.
The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.
This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:
http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...
When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...
The Libertarians i know are for the most part Constitutionalists ..the 14th amendment is specific and not honored but abused today..If other countries have tight borders why should ours be so weak..?.. Do you know the damage it causes to our Liberty..?..I am in favor of a path but not at the expense of our strength..
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#872 May 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Studies show Republicans tend to be anal.
Studies also show Liberals to be very willing to take the property of others..and justifying the actions..The kind of stuff you could have gotten hung for in the old days...and loose a hand in some parts of the world today..
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#873 May 2, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Scientists have observed that many anal autistic people are Tea Party Republicans
Research suggest that Republican are, more generally anal, indicative of a neurological syndrome such as a severe chemical imbalance in the brain?
Speculation that Republican have such aberrant and idiosyncratic behavior may be treated with appropriate therapy, drugs and ELECTIONS ?
Journal of Autism in the Tea Party. Vol VII. pt.7
I knew an Asperger (high functioning Autistic) guy at college ..The world needs more like him..nuff said..
JKX

Lehighton, PA

#874 May 2, 2013
Vladimir wrote:
<quoted text> The same HS Secretary that was nominated to her current position with ZERO background in law enforcement, military or intelligence? And just how would immigration reform have prevented the tragedy in Boston?
It would do nothing.. but any reform is good for most Americans..

MY MONEY, come take it.

#875 May 3, 2013
JKX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Libertarians i know are for the most part Constitutionalists ..the 14th amendment is specific and not honored but abused today..If other countries have tight borders why should ours be so weak..?.. Do you know the damage it causes to our Liberty..?..I am in favor of a path but not at the expense of our strength..
He likes to think he has the right to hire illegals for cheap to do work he cant do.
John Kenney

Thailand

#876 May 3, 2013
Email me at johnkenney52@yahoo.com and i will Get You A Legit Texas Birth Certificate and SSN.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#877 May 3, 2013
The path to citizenship starts when you go back home and obey our laws.
Lincoln

United States

#878 May 3, 2013
"The path starts when you go back home.."

American Indians

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#879 May 4, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
"The path starts when you go back home.."
American Indians
What immigration laws were in place when the Native Americans saw the first European settlers? This is now a sovereign nation with immigration laws in place. It's just too bad that far too many administrations have done their best to ignore the situation until it exploded into what we have and see today. What the current gaggle of eight is proposing is ridiculous and will not fix a dang thing. There are areas where illegal entry is up x's three. The promise of forgiveness is the newest magnet. And that bug-eyed Janet continues to spew her lies.

MY MONEY, come take it.

#880 May 4, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>What immigration laws were in place when the Native Americans saw the first European settlers? This is now a sovereign nation with immigration laws in place. It's just too bad that far too many administrations have done their best to ignore the situation until it exploded into what we have and see today. What the current gaggle of eight is proposing is ridiculous and will not fix a dang thing. There are areas where illegal entry is up x's three. The promise of forgiveness is the newest magnet. And that bug-eyed Janet continues to spew her lies.
He's a mindless drone.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#881 May 4, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>He's a mindless drone.
That explains it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#883 May 4, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.
Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.
The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.
This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:
http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...
When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...
all the restriction the better our immigration system is not and has never been put into place for immigrants, it is for the benefit of the country and her citizens. also we are not to let any public charges in, the minute they ask for any social service out they should go but we again go against our own rules and break them for others.

right now there is no need to bring anymore people there are not jobs to go around and we need to stop importing poverty.if anything we ned to add restriction to english speakers only and make sure they have the funds to support themselves.all immigration needs to stop for at least a decade or more

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#884 May 4, 2013
to add to the about we need to stop all chain migration and end the visa lottery which is based on country without any need to us.

all things comes down to this, who should get the jobs, a citizens who needs it or someone from another counrty who wants to come here? seems the citizens should come first before all others.
Lincoln

United States

#885 May 4, 2013
Republican House approval rating at 6.5% and falling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Portlandia 1,155,984
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Dale 182,095
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 50 min yep 165,479
Ending the Slavery Blame-Game (Apr '10) 1 hr Henu 35
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 1 hr Rick 20
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 2 hr barefoot2626 1,114
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 3 hr Guess Who 2
More from around the web