Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

bob

Phoenix, AZ

#796 Apr 19, 2013
vero wrote:
<quoted text> really? Perhaps you should try hiring a latino vs a citizen and what you get on the application? When would you be available to begin? Latino writes; asap citizen; next week expected paid; latino writes; open citizen; 9 to 10 dollars per hour would you work on the weekens? Latino writes; yes any time citizen ;except sat-sundays. Work experience and other skills; latino; english and Spanish and citizen; English. So who would you hire?
an illegal cant read the application ,let alone fill it out . not in spanish . besides they wont get an app they will be paid under the table. And it wont be anywhere near 9.00 an hour .It'll be below min wage . And if he does not like it, he can be deported. you really think employers cant tell who is illegal??? You must not have ever interviewed someone.
Joseph1

Indianapolis, IN

#797 Apr 19, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
How strange, many people that I talk to don't share this view. Exactly who are these people who supposedly support this kind of action? Exactly how was the poll worded? I doubt that the majority are ready for what happens after illegals get gifted with the ability to remain and work here. I imagine they can't think outside the box, and don't realize that when employers have to pay them a fair wage, they will lose their jobs, and be in the unemployment line. And lo and behold, another crush of illegals will sneak in to pick up the slack and their jobs, because the border will never be secure...never. I don't believe the garbage that any politician spews about this subject. Bottomline, we are a country of laws, and we don't reward people for breaking them.
Good question.. I've talked with numerous people and not a ONE supports it. The majority of americans, I think, feel that the unemployment rate is just too high to let more workers become "legal". We don't need more border fencing, just a plan to go after the root causes. Employers who hire illegal aliens should be shut down, and fined to oblivion in the process.. Simple!!
Lincoln

United States

#798 Apr 19, 2013
Joseph1 wrote:
<quoted text> Good question.. I've talked with numerous people and not a ONE supports it. The majority of americans, I think, feel that the unemployment rate is just too high to let more workers become "legal". We don't need more border fencing, just a plan to go after the root causes. Employers who hire illegal aliens should be shut down, and fined to oblivion in the process.. Simple!!
talked to "numerous people "

Population of the USA is 310 million

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Since: Apr 13

Tijuana MX

#799 Apr 19, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>And I would tell them, "while I am impressed you would start at only $10 an hour, the starting wage is $15. Welcome aboard.
Perhaps this is why your here on Topix instead of running a business. LOL

“Reconquista Ahora!”

Since: Apr 13

Tijuana MX

#800 Apr 19, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has already ruin the economy for the past four years with 14 Million Americans unemployed and then wanting to give work permits to 11 million illegal aliens!
The unemployment rate was around 4% when George Bush took office. When he left at the start of 2009, the rate was up to 7% and it continued to climb up to 10% as Obama was settling into office. Since 2010, it has declined to under 8%.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

It is the Republicans, backed by the American Chamber of Commerce, that are pushing for up to 400,000 addition "guest workers" to be allowed in under the proposed reform bill. The Democrats and the labor unions are against it because it would negatively impact American blue-collar workers.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/2...
Lincoln

United States

#801 Apr 19, 2013
General Zapata wrote:
<quoted text>
The unemployment rate was around 4% when George Bush took office. When he left at the start of 2009, the rate was up to 7% and it continued to climb up to 10% as Obama was settling into office. Since 2010, it has declined to under 8%.
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
It is the Republicans, backed by the American Chamber of Commerce, that are pushing for up to 400,000 addition "guest workers" to be allowed in under the proposed reform bill. The Democrats and the labor unions are against it because it would negatively impact American blue-collar workers.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/free/2...
Republicans are for the average person in America. Bwahahahaha
Funny!
47% are takers .....
Joseph1

Indianapolis, IN

#802 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
So your point is that any poll which encompasses less than the entire population is invalid? And your subliminal message about the unemployment rate being overrated? Really?
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#803 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
people who believe in polls are gullible
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#804 Apr 19, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So first person account is "hearsay & opinion".
Then it's just hearsay & opinion that illegals are a problem.
No it isn't there are many viable stats to back up that they are a problem. Anything illegal anyway can't be a plus. Are you really this misinformed and stupid?
Lincoln

United States

#805 Apr 19, 2013
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> people who believe in polls are gullible
fox had Gov. Romney ahead in the polls?
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#806 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
fox had Gov. Romney ahead in the polls?
so?
Lincoln

United States

#807 Apr 19, 2013
Republican Senator Marco Rubio supports the Dream Act.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#808 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
he flipflop on the dream act.

when he did that, he pretty much lost all credibility with the people.

at one time, I considered that he was a possibility for president. now... I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last guy on the list.

I suggest he go to mexico and try his luck there.
Lincoln

United States

#809 Apr 19, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
he flipflop on the dream act.
when he did that, he pretty much lost all credibility with the people.
at one time, I considered that he was a possibility for president. now... I wouldn't vote for him if he was the last guy on the list.
I suggest he go to mexico and try his luck there.
Republicans fighting Republicans :-)

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#810 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans fighting Republicans :-)
Rubio is only a republican in name only.

the democrats are the ones pushing for this amnesty. and he is pushing for this amnesty too.

what does that tell you?

since they don't know how many illegals we are talking about here, it is an open amnesty that could bring in 50+ million. numbers like this would destroy our country.

imagine all the boston marathon bombers types we could be bringing in with this open amnesty?

mind you, they are not going to be doing background checks for these people because there is no background information to refer to.

how many of these illegals could be terrorists?

scary to say the least.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#811 Apr 20, 2013
We have a right to an immigration policy that further's American's common values and goals, not blind diversity. These Chechen terrorists have a history of killing children to achieve their political goals.

Let's deport non citizen terrorists and criminals before they commit crimes. Let them wait at home or in prison after they break our laws.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#812 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
LOL!!!

" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnestybill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 19869884.

#813 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

In Spanish?

#814 Apr 20, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

third grade is tough but hang in there...
The Voice of Experience!

LOL!!!
Lincoln

United States

#816 Apr 20, 2013
Republican party seems divided and fighting within. RINO and excellent term.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Fitius T Bluster 1,758,876
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Into The Night 39,903
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 7 hr Dada 9,827
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 hr Aquarius-WY 243,454
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) Thu Johnny 716
News Billionaire Soros giving $2M to Democratic groups (May '12) May 17 Fresh Prince jr 26
News Obama cuts a deal, abandons another campaign pr... (Jan '10) May 17 Fresh Prince jr 21