Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: Washington Post 2,267

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Hunt Valley, MD

#2624 Sep 18, 2012
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
you idiot hypocrite
harry reid is a mormon
you are a mormon with one "m"
"moron"
hypocrite loser
Yeah. Romney has too many flaws with out having to pick opn his religion.. It is a big one though.. In fact there is nothing positive about him.. He has nice teeth but thats about it..

Hunt Valley, MD

#2625 Sep 18, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Mittens is Mexican. His birth certificate is in an account in the Caymans with his tax returns.
Exactly.. He loves America so much he keeps his wealth in other countries. Where are his loyalties? It is pretty obvious.. He has no love for this country... None...
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#2626 Sep 18, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Take another drink.. You are almost totally incoherent. Maybe one more will put you over the top.
you just proved my point,yet another retard,clogging up
the threads.....

Hunt Valley, MD

#2627 Sep 18, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
the threads.....
Don't be so hard on yourself.. You are too stupid to know better.. Maybe you should stick to Disney and Nick..

Location hidden

#2631 Sep 18, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
If Obama wins the election?
we will have more people sitting in the wagon than
there are pulling it..and the resulting chaos= a
euro style system.so the only way to prevent this
is to vote the wanna be euro king,out.or its adios
USA..
Russian? Eastern European? What? Do tell.

Location hidden

#2632 Sep 18, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
the threads.....
You obviously hate the USA so why don't you go back to your own country.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#2633 Sep 18, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously hate the USA so why don't you go back to your own country.
(A) I am American,(B) why would I want to be executed
for assisting the USA????

Location hidden

#2634 Sep 18, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
(A) I am American,(B) why would I want to be executed
for assisting the USA????
Iranian?
Thatcherite

Worcester, MA

#2636 Sep 21, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan increased spending each and every years he was President. You cant say lets just cut welfare and food stamps but not cut the BIGGEST WASTE OF ALL THE MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMNET AND WAR ON DRUGS.

Reagan had to spend the money on defense otherwise WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN TO BITS BY THE SOVIETS. And do you realize how hard it is to get a budget through congress if you aren't a democrat.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2642 Nov 3, 2012
Thatcherite wrote:
Reagan had to spend the money on defense otherwise WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN TO BITS BY THE SOVIETS..
Right...

Cold War was over by 1980 & Reagan decided we needed to spend a couple hundred billion on weapons system that has never worked.

I feel safer...

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#2644 Nov 3, 2012
Thatcherite wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan had to spend the money on defense otherwise WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN TO BITS BY THE SOVIETS....
Oh, pleez! The Soviets were NOT an actual threat -- that was a scare tactic used by conservatives to justify extravagant military spending. Reagan was a sly bastard: he preached "supply-side" (trickle-down) economics with his weasel David Stockman -- YET practiced pure Keynesian economics with the deficit-spending stimulus package that was the largest peacetime military buildup EVER. He DOUBLED the National Debt during his two terms -- all while preaching "small government" and worshiping at the altar of the Balanced Budget goddess.

Bishop Romney is guilty of the same Hypocrisy as Reagan: "Listen to my fine words; and ignore my actual policies." They differ WILDLY!

“Sustainability Now!”

Vadnais Heights

#2645 Nov 3, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...
Cold War was over by 1980 & Reagan decided we needed to spend a couple hundred billion on weapons system that has never worked.
I feel safer...
The recession of 1981 was severe, so Reagan engaged in a time-honored and effective practice of HUGE DEFICIT SPENDING -- all the while praising the virtues of "Supply-Side" economics and the urgent need for a Balanced Budget.

Hypocrisy -- the unwritten plank of the Republican Party that is writ LARGE over ALL their policies and practices!

Hunt Valley, MD

#2646 Nov 5, 2012
Thatcherite wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan had to spend the money on defense otherwise WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN TO BITS BY THE SOVIETS. And do you realize how hard it is to get a budget through congress if you aren't a democrat.
LOL... You are a dope. "BLOWN TO BITS BY THE SOVIETS"... Thats rich..

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#2647 Nov 5, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The recession of 1981 was severe, so Reagan engaged in a time-honored and effective practice of HUGE DEFICIT SPENDING -- all the while praising the virtues of "Supply-Side" economics and the urgent need for a Balanced Budget.
Hypocrisy -- the unwritten plank of the Republican Party that is writ LARGE over ALL their policies and practices!
It goes deeper than that. It's in the Repub DNA.

Hunt Valley, MD

#2648 Nov 5, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, pleez! The Soviets were NOT an actual threat -- that was a scare tactic used by conservatives to justify extravagant military spending. Reagan was a sly bastard: he preached "supply-side" (trickle-down) economics with his weasel David Stockman -- YET practiced pure Keynesian economics with the deficit-spending stimulus package that was the largest peacetime military buildup EVER. He DOUBLED the National Debt during his two terms -- all while preaching "small government" and worshiping at the altar of the Balanced Budget goddess.
Bishop Romney is guilty of the same Hypocrisy as Reagan: "Listen to my fine words; and ignore my actual policies." They differ WILDLY!
Anyone see a pattern? Soviets / Terrorists/ Muslims/ blacks/ Nazis / Boogieman / married gays / zombies... How many more monsters can the Retardicans put out there to scare everyone.

“Sustainability Now!”

Vadnais Heights

#2649 Nov 5, 2012
Son of SickNTired wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone see a pattern? Soviets / Terrorists/ Muslims/ blacks/ Nazis / Boogieman / married gays / zombies... How many more monsters can the Retardicans put out there to scare everyone.
That is why we call them the Fright Wing!

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2651 Nov 6, 2012
Madaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why we call them the Fright Wing!
Benghazi is why we call you SURRENDERCRATS.

Where's Cindy Sheehan?

Hypoluxo Fl

#2653 Nov 6, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Benghazi is why we call you SURRENDERCRATS.
Where's Cindy Sheehan?
Birther Nutcase.

“PantsUpDontLOOT”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2654 Nov 6, 2012
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Birther Nutcase.
traitorcrat

Hypoluxo Fl

#2655 Nov 6, 2012
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
traitorcrat
Birther Nutcase.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min OzRitz 1,152,911
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,671
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min IND 165,110
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 1 hr Commander Bunny 327
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 1 hr Le Duped 189
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 3 hr barefoot2626 1,068
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 5 hr Reverend Alan 432