Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Washington Post

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Comments
1 - 20 of 2,267 Comments Last updated Dec 12, 2013
First Prev
of 114
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Dear Mr. President:

Do I have to debate him? Can we make other arrangments, please!

Thanks, Joe Biden
liza

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Obamas latest promise, "I'm going to fix the
drought"! Rain dance for Biden? Maybe he make
all the liberals go to the streets and shout to
the heavens while naked. Nothing should surprise
anything that from him.
Scum Hunter

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

NAACP: Ad showing Allen West punching white women not racially offensive... but they would name their child Trayvon if they had one.

Since: Jan 07

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

I suppose we will have to look at intterminable reruns of granny being pushed over a cliff in a wheel chair. We must brace ourselves for still more fabricated wrongdoing and deliberate misinterpretations of his words. Since he's a handsome guy, perhaps the army of used and abused women from the Cain debacle can be resurrected to shame him into quitting the race before it gets off the ground. The Democratic slam machine is up and running again. So much for it to do in so little time...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

liza wrote:
Obamas latest promise, "I'm going to fix the
drought"! Rain dance for Biden? Maybe he make
all the liberals go to the streets and shout to
the heavens while naked. Nothing should surprise
anything that from him.
As a cult leader, this will only become more out of control. And, it will get messy.
Gravediggers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

It is bold and puts the real issues on the table, not the diversionary topics of Obama and the democrats.

It's the economy, jobs, entitlements.

IT IS A TOTAL RESET!

“No Answers, Only Questions”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

No Child Left wrote:
I suppose we will have to look at intterminable reruns of granny being pushed over a cliff in a wheel chair. We must brace ourselves for still more fabricated wrongdoing and deliberate misinterpretations of his words. Since he's a handsome guy, perhaps the army of used and abused women from the Cain debacle can be resurrected to shame him into quitting the race before it gets off the ground. The Democratic slam machine is up and running again. So much for it to do in so little time...
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've read, Paul Ryan's budget plan (endorsed by Romney) will dramatically increase the cost of Medicare. Am I missing something? My grandparents are both on Medicare. Thanks.
You're not missing anything....Ryan's budget plan would hit seniors hardest, and Romney could care less....you know, they might acquire a taste for catfood.....
Carolo43

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Oh Boy. The dude that wants to get rid of medicare and social security. Ryan got booed off the stage every time he brought that subject up.

I remember when Bush wanted to privatize social security and put it all in the stock market. Gez.........what a splendid idea that one was when the market crashed and the money was gone.
Carolo43

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan thinks that it should be YOUR job to support your parents and grandparents until they die and pay all their medical bills. How much money would that leave you to support your own family?

The whole reason we have social security is so their children are not suck with paying their way into old old.
OBAMA 2012

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

lMAO over his vp pick...Rmoney may as well picked Palin. Bring on the debates!
pfffftttt

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>You're not missing anything....Ryan's budget plan would hit seniors hardest, and Romney could care less....you know, they might acquire a taste for catfood.....
so obamas 500billion dollar hit to medicare you think won't hit seniors hard then ? I don't think anyone argues the fact that medicare needs to be fixed before it runs out of money in 2016.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

OBAMA 2012 wrote:
lMAO over his vp pick...Rmoney may as well picked Palin. Bring on the debates!
will be waiting with popcorn as 'foot in mouth' gaffe machine biden tries to utter a coherent sentence on anything.

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Ron Paul not invited to VP convention

Ryancare?-he has pandered to the war on terror, member of the do nothing congress and wants to voucherize medicare

why not Gingrich,Huntsman,Pawpaulenti, Perry-who were all thrown under the Romneycare bus

“KONA, baby!”

Since: Jul 08

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>You're not missing anything....Ryan's budget plan would hit seniors hardest, and Romney could care less....you know, they might acquire a taste for catfood.....
and he will push grandma's wheelchair off of a cliff, right? You libs are truly pathetic.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

In naming Congressman Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney has chosen a leader of the House Republicans who shares his commitment to the flawed theory that new budget-busting tax cuts for the wealthy, while placing greater burdens on the middle class and seniors, will somehow deliver a stronger economy.

The architect of the radical Republican House budget, Ryan, like Romney, proposed an additional $250,000 tax cut for millionaires, and deep cuts in education from Head Start to college aid. His plan also would end Medicare as we know it by turning it into a voucher system, shifting thousands of dollars in health care costs to seniors.

As a member of Congress, Ryan rubber-stamped the reckless Bush economic policies that exploded our deficit and crashed our economy. Now the Romney-Ryan ticket would take us back by repeating the same, catastrophic mistakes. JM

Hey TeaBaggers, you lose. Your GOPOX party is out to destroy your Medicare.

Ha, Ha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

"The Committee to End Medicare: Mitt Romney picks Paul Ryan" DK

"The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand." -Paul Ryan

"Paul Ryan has been getting government health care for two decades and from all appearances he is very healthy. "

"Paul Ryan LOVES Ayn Rand. And LIED About It."

A life long government employee, a sociopath and a pathological liar...perfect VP for Tricky Mitt Romney.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

"Its inspired me so much that its required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff. We start with Atlas Shrugged. People tell me I need to start with The Fountainhead then go to Atlas Shrugged [laughter]." Paul Ryan

"I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are." Paul Ryan

Oh heck, Tricky Mitt Romney has really chosen Ayn Rand as his VP candidate.
Romeny Ryan 2012

Smithville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

The Whiz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing quite a bit. My parents are both on Medicare as well. I don't want their costs to go up and they won't. What I want is for it to be there for me when I turn 65. The way it is now it won't be there when I am 50.

You need to research the facts for yourself. Just remember, one side has no plan and can only attack. Ryans plan may not be perfect and need a few tweeks here and there, but at least he has a plan. Which is far more then any Democrat can say.

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Judged:

Sock it to them is the call of Romney and his choice of Paul Ryan, a radical budget cutter might become the new vice president. He will sock it to those that have been bleeding the government with their aches and pains. Expect cuts in Medicare, Medicaid, and Food Stamps. But he will spend more for national security, Arabs, Russians, and Chinese will not be allowed to rob America of it`s wealth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 114
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the 2012 Presidential Election Forum right now

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,084,607
Poll: Foreign policy no longer Obama strong point 38 min Far Away 8
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 46 min Morris Dees 9,537
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 59 min DITCH MITCH 147,282
Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 1 hr Cat74 833
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Bellweather 175,243
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 9 hr Brian_G 32,140
•••
•••