Could shooting be a gun-control tipping point?

Dec 15, 2012 Full story: The Star Press 210

The question surfaces each time a mass murder unfolds: Will this one change the political calculus in Washington against tougher gun control? The answer, after the Virginia Tech killings, the attempted assassination of Gabby Giffords, the Colorado movie-theater attack, the Wisconsin Sikh temple shootings, and more: No.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Dec 15, 2012
May 20, 1999: Conyers, Georgia: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with a mix of antidepressants when he opened fire on and wounded 6 of his classmates.

April 20, 1999: Columbine, Colorado: 18-year-old Eric Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox when he and his partner Dylan Klebold killed 12 classmates and a teacher and wounded 23 others before taking their own lives in the bloodiest school massacre to date. The coroner confirmed that the antidepressant was in his system through toxicology reports while Dylan Klebold’s autopsy was never made public.

April 16, 1999: Notus, Idaho: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school narrowly missing students; he was taking a mix of antidepressants.

May 21, 1998: Springfield, Oregon: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his own parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 22. Kinkel had been on Prozac.”

March 21, 2005: Red Lake Indian Reservation, Minnesota: 16-year-old Native American Jeff Weise was under the influence of the antidepressant Prozac when he shot and killed nine people and wounding five before committing suicide.

April 10, 2001: Wahluke, Washington: 16-year-old Cory Baadsgaard took a rifle to his high school, and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage while on a high dose of the antidepressant Effexor.

March 22, 2001: El Cajon, California: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman was on two antidepressants, Effexor and Celexa, when he opened fire at his California high school wounding five.

March 7, 2000: Williamsport, Pennsylvania: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was on the antidepressant Prozac when she blasted away at fellow students in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, wounding one.

Here is the link to the report,“Psychiatric Drugs And Anger Management Curricula – A Perspective on School Violence,” by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights.(I should point out something I didn’t realize at the time I posted, which is that the CCHR is connected to Scientology. I think the statistics are fairly reliable though. I will add another link to back this material from another source.

The report notes the following interesting statistics about the rise of school shooting.
1991-1996: FDA approval of selected SSI drugs (a class of antidepressants including Prozac and Zoloft) for adult use only.

1990-2005: 38% increase in pediatric use of stimulants that FDA claims cause psychosis, mania, aggression and (on withdrawal) suicidal ideation

1987-2002: 50o% under-18 use of anti-depressants

1974-2000 (1.4 school shootings a year, on average)

1988-2006 (2.5 school shootings a year, on average).

Since: Feb 08

Yamashitacho, Japan

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Crimes Being Reported in Japan Are All Fake

http://park.geocities.jp/jpcdebate/0103/p036....

And all serious crimes are hidden by the police and the media.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 15, 2012

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#5 Dec 16, 2012
A 20 year old has access to his mom's $1,000.00 Bushmaster AR-15, lives near an elementary school, is made angry by visiting the school, and, coincidentally is a psychopath, and then (of course) shoots kids and then himself.

Another coincidence is his mom is the registered owner (strange a female would bother thru the Conneticut red tape to own an AR-15).

There's an obvious pattern here of PSYCHOPATHIC young males (strangely or coincidentally) buying $1,000.00 AR-15's, vest and other apparel, and then shooting innocent people, sometimes in a school. Why would this "insane" shooter bother to use an AR-15 ? Cho used a small (concealable) 9mm.

These shootings are deliberately instigated by local police to help justify an Obama assault rifle ban.

And then this report of a gun in a Chicago school is another suspicious event where it makes me think it is police who are causing this trouble. Cops are the largest most antigun group of people. We are experiencing a wave of gun violence that really lacks logical motives.

The key clues are AR-15, young male (probably on prescription drugs), and psychopathia. WHERE do they find so many of these maniacs who have all the right ingredients. Why hasn't this happened thru-out history ? Why now ? Because an antigun communist is in the White House for another four years ?

We have too much trust in police.
Law

Papillion, NE

#8 Dec 16, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
The truth is females and ar15 has no right to be in same sentence. This is a militsry ordinance end of discussion. The gun stores that sell these and arms dealers who glorify owning one thru tv shows should be put out of business. There is no reason any civilian regaurdless of military history should own assault riffles. I do understand national security so heres my solution. Every single town in country will have an armory like the old days. A fortress lockdown of assault riffles. If a situation occurs every able bodied man go to town a get a riffle in extreme security circumstances, I talking red dawn status only. The weapons will be there if we need them. For idividual home security you can have one handgun and or hunting riffle/shotgun. Guess what i dont care if you have 10 handguns you not going to be able to kill that many people before police arrive. The assault weapons are designed to kill large amounts of people in short time. There is no cure for psyco behavior but if those people cant get armed with assault riffles alot less likely to have mass shootings like this. Its not slot to ask. Keep the hunters happy you keep the hunting riffles but have to buy back all assault riffles immediately, and discontinue sales immediate. Anybody can spend an hour playing with an assault riffle and be familiar enough to carry out attack like this.
All opinion. Nothing in fact.
just another guy

High Ridge, MO

#10 Dec 16, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
Do you use your guns for can opener? Or put ky jelly on and slide one up your ass. Thats about only thing you going to do with them. Let me guess all your guns are loaded right now and you on high alert. For what nobody is coming this is not red dawn the russians are not here. Stop being such a chicken shit hiding behind your guns.
Are you really this stupid or did you fall asleep with joan baez on the 8 track while on a LSD trip?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
The gun control issue as I see it lies in assault military grade riffles. As first reported this gunman had two handguns. The whole time i knew this was wrong giving the body count. Sure enough it turns out he used a bushmaster. 223. No good reason for any civilian to own such a weapin in no circumstance. You retired military guess what now your ar15 is retired. I dont care how responsible you think you are, some crazy kid can pick your lock and be rocking and rolling in no time. This has to stop the sales of military grade riffles is the reason people are getting killed. All the son of gun shows glorify owning automatic riffles and that guy sit back in mantion counting money made thru selling full autos while kids are getting killed in classroom. This is the outrage how people think they doing business when they are just enabling these types of attacks. Hunting rufles, shotguns, handguns thats it. Full autos need to be for law enfircement and military. What is the point of giving civilians same weapons the gov uses then wonder why horrible attacks happen. The gun companies need tight control and gov contracts only. No hunter or sportman need ar15 for any reason. Standard hunting riffle is powerful but not capable of unleashing this type of devistation. Either the gov makes these changes or its clear they more interested in arms sales then public safety.
An AR-15 is not full auto nor is it "military grade".

Full Auto weapons require a special permit from the BATFE and are known as class III firearms and have NOT been used in almost all crimes with multiple deaths and the poor children who did die could have been killed with the weapons you think should be available.

You should talk about what you may know something about and it is clearly not guns.
just another guy

High Ridge, MO

#12 Dec 16, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>An AR-15 is not full auto nor is it "military grade".
Full Auto weapons require a special permit from the BATFE and are known as class III firearms and have NOT been used in almost all crimes with multiple deaths and the poor children who did die could have been killed with the weapons you think should be available.
You should talk about what you may know something about and it is clearly not guns.
I think he may just be jim zumbo.
just another guy

United States

#13 Dec 16, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
Do you use your guns for can opener? Or put ky jelly on and slide one up your ass. Thats about only thing you going to do with them. Let me guess all your guns are loaded right now and you on high alert. For what nobody is coming this is not red dawn the russians are not here. Stop being such a chicken shit hiding behind your guns.
Hey eddy, I have been buying AR15's for all the grandkids. They love shooting them. A couple are pretty good at shooting prairie dogs with them. I have almost enough lowers. A couple are just 4 now so I have a couple of years to get those purchased.

And I don't think we will need to worry about the russians much. By the posts on topix it looks like the lunatic left in this country will attempt to start a civil war.
Dealano

New York, NY

#15 Dec 16, 2012
Guys, don't spend anymore time responding to Edward Neutron. He's been called out several times on the Topix boards when he told someone he would smash their face in if they met him somewhere and he was always a no-show.
He's a liar.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares about your inbred family of retards playing gay cops and robbers in the hills. Stop the chicken shit hillbilly act, you not fooling anybody. Just look like insecure dumbass. One of your kids going to turn into homosexual because 1 out of 3 who were forced into hunting at young age develope deep seeded issues. Better lock up the gun around him before he going to mount you on the wall Lol. I love pissing off homo gun freaks. What civil war you really are crazy and want to kill people with your little ass militia of retards. Have fun when feds kick your door down. That was easy another one exposed i getting good at this.
Eddy,

If we don't agree to an assault rifle ban, the cops will incite another psychopath to murder kids inside a school.

Did you vote for Obama (the baby-killer)?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares about your inbred family of retards playing gay cops and robbers in the hills. Stop the chicken shit hillbilly act, you not fooling anybody. Just look like insecure dumbass. One of your kids going to turn into homosexual because 1 out of 3 who were forced into hunting at young age develope deep seeded issues. Better lock up the gun around him before he going to mount you on the wall Lol. I love pissing off homo gun freaks. What civil war you really are crazy and want to kill people with your little ass militia of retards. Have fun when feds kick your door down. That was easy another one exposed i getting good at this.
This is just another example of the lefts tolerance and intellect. Now we see why our country is in so much trouble.

Better pull your skirt down little girl ... your hypocrisy is showing.
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#18 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell what a lunatic leftist is just look at what they call you.

Looks like Edie is a cross dresser who like men. Poor little Edie is too ugly to get any attention so s/he comes to topix and takes out he/is frustration.

You could have been nice but you got your panties in a bunch when you got called on your psychotic rant. Wipe away those tears , hitch up your womens panties and act like a man.
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Dealano wrote:
Guys, don't spend anymore time responding to Edward Neutron. He's been called out several times on the Topix boards when he told someone he would smash their face in if they met him somewhere and he was always a no-show.
He's a liar.
I don't have any need or desire to call him out. It is sort of the adult version of burning ants with a magnifying glass. Put all that light on a lib and they start to flame.
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
Hey Edie, I was wondering , do you have a sign on your front door saying "I do not believe in guns, this is a gun free household" ?

Because if not, you are a little chickenshit hiding behind my guns.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#21 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
The truth is females and ar15 has no right to be in same sentence. This is a militsry ordinance end of discussion. The gun stores that sell these and arms dealers who glorify owning one thru tv shows should be put out of business. There is no reason any civilian regaurdless of military history should own assault riffles. I do understand national security so heres my solution. Every single town in country will have an armory like the old days. A fortress lockdown of assault riffles. If a situation occurs every able bodied man go to town a get a riffle in extreme security circumstances, I talking red dawn status only. The weapons will be there if we need them. For idividual home security you can have one handgun and or hunting riffle/shotgun. Guess what i dont care if you have 10 handguns you not going to be able to kill that many people before police arrive. The assault weapons are designed to kill large amounts of people in short time. There is no cure for psyco behavior but if those people cant get armed with assault riffles alot less likely to have mass shootings like this. Its not slot to ask. Keep the hunters happy you keep the hunting riffles but have to buy back all assault riffles immediately, and discontinue sales immediate. Anybody can spend an hour playing with an assault riffle and be familiar enough to carry out attack like this.
Cho killed 32 people at VT armed with two 9mm handguns...not an assault rifle. And he passed two background checks to get them. Nidal Hasan killed 13 people at Ft. Hood armed with a single 5.7mm pistol. The .223 round the AR15 shoots is a VARMINT round and has been around for decades. In other words....it IS a hunting round. In fact, it is on the lower end of the scale as far as power when referring to hunting rounds. The .308 and the .30-06 are MUCH more powerful. The rifle used by the shooter was NOT full-auto. So all you blustering about that is specious at best.

Please try to get your facts straight about mass shootings and firearms before making yourself look more like a fool.

Southeast Virginia

#22 Dec 17, 2012
Tory II wrote:
<quoted text>Eddy,
If we don't agree to an assault rifle ban, the cops will incite another psychopath to murder kids inside a school.
Did you vote for Obama (the baby-killer)?
Noid, I would like to provide PROOF of just one situtation where the police incited and/or coerced ANYONE into committing mass murder. Just one.

You have made the same claim on here FOR YEARS, and have yet to ever provide proof of such. Why is that???
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#24 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
Ya well anything can happen you dumbass. Some 10 year old could hit you with a hammer and take your handgun and kill 100 people. Anything can happen thats not news to anybody. The assault riffle makes it 100 times easier for chicken shits to stand way back and spit rounds at people. Guess what they designed it for war. Are you at war right now? If you need an assault weapon to feel safe what you really need is intense pyscotherapy into your deep seeded issues. I live in south bronx all my life dealing with more gun fire than you have ever heard of. I dont have any weapons and feel plenty safe. I must be alot stronger mentally than all of you gun toting looney tunes strapping up to go to the grocery store living in candyland suburbs. I think its hilarious people living with soo much fear while nothing and nobody is threatning you. You guys arent capable of operating cars let alone firearms. Leave that to trained professionals.
How do you type with that straightjacket on?
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#26 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
How do you get your mother to pay your rent and internet bills? Better load up gun I heard the russians are thinking about invading to steal all the vodka back.
Your mom pays my bills. We trade for sex. BTW, she sends her love and is sorry she hasn't made it up to the institution to see you for the last 4 years you've been committed but she does think about you....and laughs hysterically.

Southeast Virginia

#27 Dec 17, 2012
Edward Neutron wrote:
Ya well anything can happen you dumbass. Some 10 year old could hit you with a hammer and take your handgun and kill 100 people. Anything can happen thats not news to anybody. The assault riffle makes it 100 times easier for chicken shits to stand way back and spit rounds at people. Guess what they designed it for war. Are you at war right now? If you need an assault weapon to feel safe what you really need is intense pyscotherapy into your deep seeded issues. I live in south bronx all my life dealing with more gun fire than you have ever heard of. I dont have any weapons and feel plenty safe. I must be alot stronger mentally than all of you gun toting looney tunes strapping up to go to the grocery store living in candyland suburbs. I think its hilarious people living with soo much fear while nothing and nobody is threatning you. You guys arent capable of operating cars let alone firearms. Leave that to trained professionals.
So because you don't feel the need to arm yourself (which no one here is saying you do), you feel it is OK for you to violate the inherent rights of others. So who died and appointed you Der Fuhrer??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Buroc Millhouse O... 1,153,514
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Le Duped 165,284
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Learn to Read 181,762
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 56 min inbred Genius 204
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr mjjcpa 1,087
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Earthling-1 33,462
McAuliffe wants to ban gifts and trips for lawm... (Mar '09) 8 hr Sierra 16
More from around the web