Poll: Obama 49%-Romney 45% in Pennsylvania

There are 20 comments on the CNN story from Oct 31, 2012, titled Poll: Obama 49%-Romney 45% in Pennsylvania. In it, CNN reports that:

Then here you go: A Franklin and Marshall College poll of likely Keystone State voters released Wednesday indicates Obama with a 49%-45% edge over Republican nominee Mitt Romney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Really

Alice, TX

#25 Oct 31, 2012
Repulsive Republicans wrote:
<quoted text>An honest man- oh really--which Romney is that the one who was for letting GM fail or the one who saved it on his own---Romney says anything to anyone to get a vote and that is NOT honesty!
Oh and oblamer? Suddenly he "evolves" into supporting gay marriage??? Anything to get the support of more, he knows he has failed at most other endeavors. Green energy, wasted a lot of tax payer money. Ouch! I will be voting Romney! And so have all my friends....Romney 2012!
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Oct 31, 2012
notice wrote:
Oh and there's no twisting of words here dear!
"I can never make these people take responsibility for themselves"
Seniors, Disabled, Military personnel, Firefighters, Police, families of 4 making less than 20K, he dismisses them all as freeloaders!!
Are you sure he called them free loaders?

Twisting of words again??

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#27 Oct 31, 2012
Another fun costume idea I was batting around was carrying a can of creamed corn and an Italian Flag and going as Romney Lie #1139

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#28 Oct 31, 2012
Romney photo staged the distribution of cheap food for Sandy victims.

Gross.
Twenty four to one

Anonymous Proxy

#29 Nov 1, 2012
November 1, 2012

Minnesota and Oregon Newspapers NOT Endorsing Obama

The Salem Statesman Journal endorsed Romney for President. Both papers endorsed Obama in 2008. Here is what the Statesman Journal had to say.

Romney has solid record

The Olympic movement can be so full of infighting and intrigue that it makes Congress seem like child's play. Romney skillfully navigated that political and economic quagmire, replacing scandal with credibility at the Salt Lake Games. Furthermore, Romney served a solid term as governor of Massachusetts.

His flexibility on issues has earned him a reputation as a flip-flopper, but we think it actually will be an asset in dealing with Congress. It shows he is not rigid ideologue.
Romney has an excellent vice presidential choice in Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, who is not the extremist that Democrats have portrayed. Ryan is bright and thoughtful, and his congressional experience complements Romney's background in the private sector and state government.

That business skill cannot be overstated. Romney's leadership will inspire businesses to re-invest in workers and products, re-building the economy.

As for Minnesota, according to the chart at Editor & Publisher every paper in Minnesota that has issued an endorsement has endorsed Romney except for the far left Minneapolis Tribune. It's 24 to 1. While many of these have small circulations the list includes the papers in Duluth.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/11/m...
Twenty four to one

Anonymous Proxy

#30 Nov 1, 2012
TAKE TIME OFF WORK and HELP PEOPLE VOTING ROMNEY GET TO THE POLLS.

Obama and Turkey's Erdogan personal friendship given the nature of Turkey’s involvement with the Syrian uprising is worrisome. 20,000 manpads are missing from the stockpile at the Libyan US consulate. Do we find it odd that it was the Turkey consulate who requested a meeting with Stevens in Libya on 911? Witnesses on the street say militants were blockading the street in preparation for the attack at 8 pm. The meeting ends just before 8:30 and the Turkish representative does not notice the militants gathering?

WE ARE NOT SAFE UNDER HUSSEIN OBAMA. HE HATES THE MILITARY BECAUSE THEY DEFEND OUR COUNTRY FROM TERRORISTS. STAND DOWN FROM ELECTING BARACK. HE IS PURPOSELY THE EMPTY CHAIR. HE ONLY FOOLS THE IDIOTS WITH HIS BINDERS, BAYONETS, NO MAN LEFT BEHIND IN A HURRICANE WHICH IS A MILITARY PHRASE.
Anne

Ava, MO

#31 Nov 1, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
Romney photo staged the distribution of cheap food for Sandy victims.
Gross.
How would you know that, where you there to persoanally see him do it, or is this more false facts on your part!
Anne

Ava, MO

#32 Nov 1, 2012
Twenty four to one wrote:
TAKE TIME OFF WORK and HELP PEOPLE VOTING ROMNEY GET TO THE POLLS.
Obama and Turkey's Erdogan personal friendship given the nature of Turkey’s involvement with the Syrian uprising is worrisome. 20,000 manpads are missing from the stockpile at the Libyan US consulate. Do we find it odd that it was the Turkey consulate who requested a meeting with Stevens in Libya on 911? Witnesses on the street say militants were blockading the street in preparation for the attack at 8 pm. The meeting ends just before 8:30 and the Turkish representative does not notice the militants gathering?
WE ARE NOT SAFE UNDER HUSSEIN OBAMA. HE HATES THE MILITARY BECAUSE THEY DEFEND OUR COUNTRY FROM TERRORISTS. STAND DOWN FROM ELECTING BARACK. HE IS PURPOSELY THE EMPTY CHAIR. HE ONLY FOOLS THE IDIOTS WITH HIS BINDERS, BAYONETS, NO MAN LEFT BEHIND IN A HURRICANE WHICH IS A MILITARY PHRASE.
I agree as the wife of a man that put twenty years in the military I never felt and still don't feel that Obama has thier backs. He acts at times like he's for them and behind them but it's only at times when it'a a good Photo op for him and that's the only time. Other than that he could care less about the military and their families. For those of you who never paid attention before watch how the man Salutes when he's saluting people coming and going off of Air Force One and any other time too. It's like it's a chore, a kind of half hearted salute like he's only doing it cause it's expected of him. Otherwise I doubt he's do it at all.
Anne

Ava, MO

#33 Nov 1, 2012
Sorry about the double post, it didn't look like it was taking it the first time so I hit it again and then it double posted.
Twenty four to one

Denver, CO

#34 Nov 1, 2012
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I agree as the wife of a man that put twenty years in the military I never felt and still don't feel that Obama has thier backs. He acts at times like he's for them and behind them but it's only at times when it'a a good Photo op for him and that's the only time. Other than that he could care less about the military and their families. For those of you who never paid attention before watch how the man Salutes when he's saluting people coming and going off of Air Force One and any other time too. It's like it's a chore, a kind of half hearted salute like he's only doing it cause it's expected of him. Otherwise I doubt he's do it at all.
Even when he tried to pantomime empathy, he fell flat. Not only is his chair empty, his eyes are empty. Saw that right away in the 2008 debates.

Former colleagues now, on Hussein Obama:

Neera Tanden, former aide to Bill Clinton and Barack Obama: "Obama doesn't call anyone, and he's not close to almost anyone. It's stunning that he's in politics, because he really doesn't like people."

Journalist John Heilemann: "I don't think he doesn't like people. I know he doesn't like people."

Washington Post political reporter Scott Wilson in "Obama, the loner president": "Obama is, in short, a political loner who prefers policy over the people who make politics in this country work."

Liberal New York Times columnist Roger Cohen on the disappointing Cabinet Obama assembled: "Nixon, like Obama, was a loner, but he had Kissinger generating ideas[,]" but, for Obama, "there is only one star in the galaxy at this White House and his name is Barack Obama."

Barack Obama in his autobiography Dreams from My Father: people are an "unnecessary distraction."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/obama_...

Powers points out that even early in his presidency he was cold to those who needed warmth.

Nothing brought this problem into relief like the two Obama supporters who confronted the president at a recent town hall meeting expressing total despair over their economic situation and hopelessness about the future. Rather than expressing empathy, Obama seemed annoyed and proceeded with one of his unhelpful lectures.

He ridiculed a man who expressed anxiety regarding his gas bills (he has ten kids so drives an SUV) by saying he needed a hybrid van.

He used Special Olympics contestants for humor. Meanwhile, "third stage Romnesia" is not witty -- especially because Ann Romney is a cancer survivor (did Obama not even care that his own mother died from cancer?).
CBOW

Dover, PA

#35 Nov 1, 2012
Oh now this would definitely be a fair and impartial poll. LOL! Romney/Ryan 2012!!!
notice

Gardner, MA

#36 Nov 1, 2012
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I agree as the wife of a man that put twenty years in the military I never felt and still don't feel that Obama has thier backs..
OK Anne, let's play, how do you feel about what Republicans just did during their last session AGAINST EVERY VETERAN IN THIS COUNTRY?

One of the most disgusting displays of heartless Republican, contradictory hypocritical, compassion-less policy actions in US congressional history took place.

Republican congressional scum bags succeeded in blocking a Democratic sponsored US Veteran's Jobs bill that would have cost a measly 1 billion and supported 5 prongs of assistance for Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans to assimilate back into the society they fought for. Assistance for housing, job training, physical and mental recovery, higher education.

For perspective on that 1 billion, Bush and Cheney started the Iraq War earmarking 800 BILLION, adding further supplemental funding up to the tune of 1.2 TRILLION!!!!! ALL OFF THE BOOKS off the Budget and borrowed from China. So the War that these Veterans went to combat in for 4-5-6 and even 7 tours of duty costs 1.2 trillion.

So here we are, Dems are asking for a measly 1 BILLION in effort to help those returning Veterans from losing possibly a generation or so of well being.

AND REPUBLICANS just can't bring themselves to let pass this bill saying things like "we just can't afford it now"!!!!!!!!!!

So, the only thing that would bring this whole circus of stupidity by REPUBLICANS around full circle would be for all you Republican supporters on THESE TOPIX BOARDS to all come on here and tell all the Veterans reading here how much you appreciate their sacrifices for their country BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR REPUBLICANS this election even though it will SCREW VETERANS every step of the way!!!!!

This is also another thing just like Rmoney letting everyone know his true feelings, this is how REPUBLICANS behave!

They don't care about reality, contradiction, destruction, all they care about is ideological purity the hell with everything else!!!

Good luck in oblivion dirt bag Republicans, you'll be in the electoral desert for years until you fix what is wrong with you cause nobody is buying you hypocritical bS any more!!!!!

Ahh and what is the Republican stance on Veterans THIS week, well, let's just say it's even uglier than last week, they never fail to double down on their hatred and disgusting ideological purity pain inducing policy!

This week they are putting a blind hold on a cost of living increase that goes to surviving families of soldiers killed in combat in the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars!!!!!

Yes folks believe it or not, this is exactly how much Republicans support veterans.

They think it's perfectly fine to block marginal increases for cost of living realities for veteran's families! It's not enough for these haters that soldiers are dying for this country, being screwed over for helpful benefits that would help them but yes, even families of dead soldiers are being punished for Republican ideological purity and hatred!

Nice going,

Now come on these boards you Republican supporters and tell all the veterans here how much you appreciate their sacrifices but you just have to side with your Republicans this election, to hell with their surviving families should the unthinkable happen to them!!!!!!!

Republicans suck and that's all there is to it!!!!

Perfectly fine to start wars and spend the country into free-fall when they're in charge but when Dems try to support the results of that malfeasance, the GOP is always here to screw the ones who have done the hard work!

Oh, but they would still like to give rich people another 250K on top of the already ridiculous tax breaks they've had over the last 12 years!!!!!!!!!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#37 Nov 1, 2012
notice wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Anne, let's play, how do you feel about what Republicans just did during their last session AGAINST EVERY VETERAN IN THIS COUNTRY?
One of the most disgusting displays of heartless Republican, contradictory hypocritical, compassion-less policy actions in US congressional history took place.
Republican congressional scum bags succeeded in blocking a Democratic sponsored US Veteran's Jobs bill that would have cost a measly 1 billion and supported 5 prongs of assistance for Iraq And Afghanistan Veterans to assimilate back into the society they fought for. Assistance for housing, job training, physical and mental recovery, higher education.
For perspective on that 1 billion, Bush and Cheney started the Iraq War earmarking 800 BILLION, adding further supplemental funding up to the tune of 1.2 TRILLION!!!!! ALL OFF THE BOOKS off the Budget and borrowed from China. So the War that these Veterans went to combat in for 4-5-6 and even 7 tours of duty costs 1.2 trillion.
So here we are, Dems are asking for a measly 1 BILLION in effort to help those returning Veterans from losing possibly a generation or so of well being.
AND REPUBLICANS just can't bring themselves to let pass this bill saying things like "we just can't afford it now"!!!!!!!!!!
So, the only thing that would bring this whole circus of stupidity by REPUBLICANS around full circle would be for all you Republican supporters on THESE TOPIX BOARDS to all come on here and tell all the Veterans reading here how much you appreciate their sacrifices for their country BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO SUPPORT YOUR REPUBLICANS this election even though it will SCREW VETERANS every step of the way!!!!!
This is also another thing just like Rmoney letting everyone know his true feelings, this is how REPUBLICANS behave!
They don't care about reality, contradiction, destruction, all they care about is ideological purity the hell with everything else!!!
Good luck in oblivion dirt bag Republicans, you'll be in the electoral desert for years until you fix what is wrong with you cause nobody is buying you hypocritical bS any more!!!!!
Ahh and what is the Republican stance on Veterans THIS week, well, let's just say it's even uglier than last week, they never fail to double down on their hatred and disgusting ideological purity pain inducing policy!
This week they are putting a blind hold on a cost of living increase that goes to surviving families of soldiers killed in combat in the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars!!!!!
Yes folks believe it or not, this is exactly how much Republicans support veterans.
They think it's perfectly fine to block marginal increases for cost of living realities for veteran's families! It's not enough for these haters that soldiers are dying for this country, being screwed over for helpful benefits that would help them but yes, even families of dead soldiers are being punished for Republican ideological purity and hatred!
Nice going,
Now come on these boards you Republican supporters and tell all the veterans here how much you appreciate their sacrifices but you just have to side with your Republicans this election, to hell with their surviving families should the unthinkable happen to them!!!!!!!
Republicans suck and that's all there is to it!!!!
Perfectly fine to start wars and spend the country into free-fall when they're in charge but when Dems try to support the results of that malfeasance, the GOP is always here to screw the ones who have done the hard work!
Oh, but they would still like to give rich people another 250K on top of the already ridiculous tax breaks they've had over the last 12 years!!!!!!!!!
This wasn't long enough to hold my attention.....snore.........

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#38 Nov 1, 2012
MAYOR BLOOMBERG ENDORSES BARACK OBAMA FOR RE-ELECTION

Oh yeah, Bloomberg is a billionaire actually running a government.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#39 Nov 1, 2012
Romney: liar, liar pants on fire AGAIN

UPDATE: After our report, Romney camp scrubbed training video falsely stating Iowa voters need photo id. We saved it http://thkpr.gs/SAlhxI

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#40 Nov 1, 2012
"Thank God Romney wasn't President when this hit. Imagine no FEMA, states left to deal with this alone. Corporations are NOT people " MF

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#41 Nov 1, 2012
True, since Romney says corporations are people then he would be happy seeing Americans drown in Sandy while he saved corporate offices.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#42 Nov 1, 2012
Oh heck, Romney is such a sociopath he would just be happy seeing Americans suffer because of Sandy.

We all know that Ann PumpkinHead Romney claps her hands in glee when she sees other women devastated by disaster.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#43 Nov 1, 2012
Romney's tax returns for the last 10 years were not released. Every other candidate has.- TR

Romney = Romini = Gypsies = Charlatans.

No one expects much from Romney and so he doesn't give it. He is incompetent, secretive, deceptive and an all around lying scumbag.

That's on his GOOD days.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#44 Nov 1, 2012
"Has the tea party asked for Mitt Romney's birth certificate yet? You know, because it isn't about race it's about verification." - LP

TeaBaggers are racists. They don't like the Irish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Guru 187,749
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min DEATH 1,223,612
News Smile. We love you. We hate you. At the same time (Jul '09) 20 min Sleepingboy 43
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Sunshine 180,149
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 4 hr goonsquad 4
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 21 hr swedenforever 28
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel Sat Jeff Brightone 1
More from around the web