Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 Full story: TurkishPress.com 70,983

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Full Story

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#71169 Apr 12, 2013
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing -- they believe in anything."
-- GK Chesterton
John

United States

#71170 Apr 12, 2013
Atheism is the rational, logical, evidence free nothing.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71171 Apr 12, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
"When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing -- they believe in anything."
-- GK Chesterton
Oh look! Another godbot sock-puppet newly fabricated...

... I wonder which godbot grey-boxer this one will turn out to be?

LOL!

This one's idiotic quote demonstrates he's as clueless what it means to be atheist as all the rest of the mindless god-robots...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71172 Apr 12, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is the rational, logical, evidence free nothing.
Of course! Since by "evidence" you really mean "because Johnnie-boy said so", or as we like to put it so accurately, "goddidit"...

... you are quite silly, little god-boy.
John

United States

#71173 Apr 12, 2013
Atheism is simply a march for an unsupported nonclaim claim. Logically of course. Science too. Can't forget that.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#71174 Apr 13, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is simply disbelief with faith in magic science.
People who suffer from the mental illness of faith should refrain from attempting to redefine atheism.

Location hidden

#71175 Apr 13, 2013
Atheism is a lack of belief in god

Theism is a mental illness similar to schizophrenia

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71176 Apr 13, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Atheism is a lack of belief in god
Theism is a mental illness similar to schizophrenia
The difference?

Religious faith has an easy and excellent cure:

Knowledge.

Knowledge is the cure for a whole lot of insanity, come to think of it.

But it certainly cures the disease known as "belief in god"

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#71177 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
But they do believe in more so called Myths then they claim the theist believe in.
Nope. They just don't accept the myths the theists believe in
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Theist believe in God.
Yes! Theists (you forgot the 's') believe in one or more gods. Atheists don't. It's that simple.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Atheist believe in:
The Big Bang - exploding nothingness that magically creates everything myth.
Life starting on its own - the scum pond myth.
Evolution - where plants evolved into plant eating animals myth.
Nope... Not necessarily. They just don't believe one or many gods did it.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
Tolling - posting and fighting on topix over something that they don't believe even existed. Wasting hundreds of hours. Myth.
Nope. The Internet is a place that atheists don't have to worry about losing family, friends, their jobs, etc... For simply not believing in one or many gods... This place is safe... And you would probably be surprised that one of your own friends or family members is also a closeted atheist because of people like you.:-)
Lincoln

United States

#71178 Apr 13, 2013
To doubt everything or
to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.

Henri Poincaire
"Of Science and Hypotheses""

Location hidden

#71179 Apr 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
To doubt everything or
to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
Henri Poincaire
"prove your f*cking god please" = every sane human being.
Imhotep

Stuart, FL

#71180 Apr 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
To doubt everything or
to believe everything
Henri Poincaire
"Man is a marvelous curiosity ... he thinks he is the Creator's pet ... he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea." ~Mark Twain
John

United States

#71181 Apr 13, 2013
Atheism is unreasoned faith in the disbelief of reasoned faith?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#71182 Apr 13, 2013
John wrote:
Atheism is unreasoned faith in the disbelief of reasoned faith?
You loose your brains again?
John

United States

#71184 Apr 13, 2013
Atheism is simply disbelief repeated over and over.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#71185 Apr 13, 2013
EmpAtheist wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. They just don't accept the myths the theists believe in

Mary Magdalena wrote, "
Theist believe in God."

Yes! Theists (you forgot the 's') believe in one or more gods. Atheists don't. It's that simple.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "
Atheist believe in:
The Big Bang - exploding nothingness that magically creates everything myth.
Life starting on its own - the scum pond myth.
Evolution - where plants evolved into plant eating animals myth."

Nope... Not necessarily. They just don't believe one or many gods did it.

Mary Magdalena wrote, "
Tolling - posting and fighting on topix over something that they don't believe even existed. Wasting hundreds of hours. Myth.
"

Nope. The Internet is a place that atheists don't have to worry about losing family, friends, their jobs, etc... For simply not believing in one or many gods... This place is safe... And you would probably be surprised that one of your own friends or family members is also a closeted atheist because of people like you.:-)
You do believe the big three Myths don't you?

People like me? You don't even know me. In fact I'm quite good in bed. But I'm not in bed right now. LOL
John

United States

#71186 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
You do believe the big three Myths don't you?
People like me? You don't even know me. In fact I'm quite good in bed. But I'm not in bed right now. LOL
You don't believe in the magic science LOL. Well done!
John

United States

#71187 Apr 13, 2013
You're a special kind of nut proven time and again to be an unabashed liar.
On January, 2009 when Obama took office total debt of federal government was $10, 626, 877, 048, 913. 08 according to the US TREASURY. As of January 17, 2013 the last day of business before Obamas second reign of terror the total debt of the federal government was $16, 432, 631, 489, 854. 70.
The new federal debt under Obama in his first term equaled approximately $50,521.00 for each household in the country.
Since your guy can't stand on his own don't bother looking up Bush's debt. I was against Tarp BTW. I'm intellectually honest. It's a shame you aren't.
Your other posts are crap as well. He hasn't created one job while piling up more debt than Washinton through Clinton.
This isn't going to end well. I'll skip the other nonsense about health fraud, history, etc. The country will either reject statism or we will live in tyranny. I'll let you guess the other options. History is cyclical.
Lie for your Obama and your nothing Bob.5
John

United States

#71188 Apr 13, 2013
Bureau of labor statistics 4/5/13
Since Obama took office the labor force participation rate has declined from 65.7 percent to 63.3 percent.
In March 496,000 Americans dropped out of the labor force.
there are currently 803,000 unemployed workers that have given up looking for work.
the real unemployment rate, including those that are working part-time due to economic reasons is 13.8%
Since Obama took office the nation has lost 752,000 construction jobs.
the last time the labor force participation rate was this low was in May of 1979.
All this despite raiding the treasury for trillions.
You sir are a liar. This statist ideology has never worked and we will either correct course, live as government cattle, or have a prairie fire. Passive of course LOL.
Want to be taken to school on his anti-American radically buddies. You should. All freethinkers should. Truth is power. Just post you lied and I want charge you for the instruction. Atheists of sound minds should challenge the Bob types that have co-opted disbelief. 5
John

United States

#71189 Apr 13, 2013
You make the presupposition that there is no evidence without admitting you do not have the scientifically measurable evidence to support your position of nothing. You have placed limits on what may be limitless. You have placed limits where they need not be. Thus far I have seen no evidence provided by an atheist that would support what is disingenuously called natural mechanisms only. If you think there isn't evidence of design you would be wrong. Admittedly, this can not be proven using your constricting criteria, but nothing in this arena has been proven using this standard. You know this by now. That is why it is so frustrating to the forum when it's pointed out. Judging by the ever-growing anecdotal evidence of this forum overwhelmingly congregated by atheists, atheism is something else entirely. There is a large contingent of antitheists, a portion devoted to secular humanism, and some interplay with other assorted isms. The common denominator is that every single one of these positions is lacking in evidence. The notion that man is the be all end all is flawed in my opinion. Of course you wish to shirk any burden of proof. That's transparent and shows a weak position. Atheism has been co-opted by the new atheist. Much more vocal and commited to breaking down the populace writ large that actually do have a position. I've given more than enough opportunity for atheists to engage in debate that is not circular. The brilliance and weakness of atheism is no accountability. That's why it's not challenging to debate this topic with you loons. Apologies to the few that aren't driven by more than uncertainty. When Reagan debated Gorbachev on our nuclear arsenals each man had a position. If there was a political debate the political atheist would attack the other position and not have to be responsible for one himself. If one football team was atheist and the other was not they would have the ball on offense the whole game. Fumble, and the ball would be returned. This is what you ask for here, but is unacceptable in every other topic. I'm conservative btw. A rational freethinker. I'm sure you are a centrist LOL. What's the mushy middle ithought on government size, abortion, tax rates?
If there isn't a position don't bother responding. How is the fence Bob, Septic, Tinkling,,,,? You got the post wedged good and deep yet? Stump an antitheist! Ask it what it believes. Still going strong 68,366 posts in.
Still nothing about atheism in the atheist forum. No position, no post #. Lies, spin, ad hominem, and boredom.
Waiting for an example of what passes the cut for evidence from atheists. Cowards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Bluestater 1,153,955
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 13 min Le Jimbo 224
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Le Jimbo 165,428
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 52 min mjjcpa 1,097
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Earthling-1 33,471
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 hr Sunshine 181,798
"Obama's actions have vindicated the brutal beh... 16 hr Le Duped 2
More from around the web