Atheists on the march in America

Aug 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TurkishPress.com

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Comments (Page 3,350)

Showing posts 66,981 - 67,000 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Observe that you call people liars
but when we point out that
you post endless nothing
"you call it hate".
" http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T... ;

“If God was real”

Since: Jan 10

He would look like this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes are as low as they've historically been, under Obama.
As is the deficit spending-- which went UP-UP-UP during the various Bush-reigns.
In fact? Deficit spending is the LOWEST it's been since...
... Clinton.
Imagine that?
ReThugs: the party of DEFICIT SPENDING.
Proof? History, bub, history...
They keep claiming that they want to reduce the deficit, yet they wanted to continue the wars, while lowering taxes.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
They keep claiming that they want to reduce the deficit, yet they wanted to continue the wars, while lowering taxes.
Republicans often troubled by truth?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
At televise sports events singing of God Bless America seems popular.
In schools let all ideas compete and those found wanting examined .
You do realize that there would have to be millions of classes just to cover all the "ideas?" That is why they choose only that which has supporting evidence to teach students. Stop repeating creationist garbage and you might just be taken seriously.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith in God, as you observe can Not be proved.
Christian seem to persist in their belief for 2000 years.
Faith, especially your blind faith, is not evidence. I asked for evidence, until you present any your claims are lies.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
A recipe for economic disaster.

And guess what?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith, especially your blind faith, is not evidence. I asked for evidence, until you present any your claims are lies.
"Near sighted faith" is no better.

If you disagree with me and I disagree with you, one of us does Not have to be presenting a lie.

Atheists seem soo serious. This argument goes back to the Greeks, BC .. and doubt if it will be settled on a thread.
Cheers

PS: who is the twit attacking you on the other thread

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
"Near sighted faith" is no better.
If you disagree with me and I disagree with you, one of us does Not have to be presenting a lie.
Atheists seem soo serious. This argument goes back to the Greeks, BC .. and doubt if it will be settled on a thread.
Cheers
PS: who is the twit attacking you on the other thread
A lack of faith is ... nothing. Learn English please.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "Nothing" sacred ...would seem so

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd need a new brain, first...

... in order to learn, I mean.

He's as mindless as a god-robot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but religious people are always the ones lying about it, and bringing up trends from the start. Yet none of you can read statistics correctly. Funny that.
Kitty do you want all the stats again?
I can post them yet again. You know the CIA, Encyclopedia Britannic, PEW, Wikipedia. Not your comic book stats you like to use. These are the highest qualified sources.
I would have thought you would have knew them by now. That article was was written by an atheist not a fundie.

So your whole post was empty again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you're a fuckwit.
"you're a fuckwit"

You would know. How's your anal sex
Thread doing? Getting any new connections? Sick wad!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>I can't see my Bollocks.
"I can't see my Bollocks"

Is it fat that's the issue? can't see over the tummy? or do you need
Surgery to have them "dropped" down?

Maybe you just don't have any!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no!
Thinking has upped the ante, hes gone from 1 liners to 1 worders
Lets see how short of a word we can use to describe "Thinking".

1) Ass
2) Ho
3)?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitty do you want all the stats again?
I can post them yet again. You know the CIA, Encyclopedia Britannic, PEW, Wikipedia. Not your comic book stats you like to use. These are the highest qualified sources.
I would have thought you would have knew them by now. That article was was written by an atheist not a fundie.
So your whole post was empty again.
You can present all the numbers you want, but the fact of the matter is that you don't know what they mean at all and thus present them dishonestly using your "interpretation" lie as reasoning for why they do not state what you claim they do.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

John wrote:
Yawn.
Assuming your post was to me, but not indicated as such.

What do I believe?

I firmly believe that there is no evidence of the existence of a god, and that all books reporting a god were fables, myths, legends, or perhaps outright lies, in some cases.

I believe that there possibly could be some power or force that controls everything, but man has not yet seen or become aware of what it is, and what it does.

I believe that what we call "Creation" today has always existed, though the specific parts of it that man has been able to see or detect, have changed form many times. For example the earth was not in its current form until sometime after 4.5 billion years ago, when it probably was a molten mass which broke off of some other mass that was moving through space, or whatever the environment would be called in which it existed.

I don't have a clue how various elements combined to produce life today, other than I do know, because I studied it for 4 years of university, plus some in highschool, that all life is a combination of the various elements. What gives man and other animals the ability to be able to reason, make decisions, etc., seems very mysterious, yet I know that it can be seen acting as electrical impulses in our brains, so our mental processes are a combination of chemical and electrical actions or interactions (but my studies in science 45 years ago and longer was not at that time sufficiently progressed to explain much beyond what we knew that actually occurs).

Not having worked in the scientific research area, since university, and having read only little bits of what man has since discovered, I do not understand enough about the current knowledge of the top scientists, to be able to explain it. But I do know that no current scientific knowledge supports the myth that all things were instantly created from nothing by some mysterious being which existed when nothing existed (that alone is a contradiction).

I believe if, by a very long shot, there is a God, and a life after death, which there is nothing we can prove to indicate there is, that any God, worth having all men bow down and worship, would not be worthy of such worship if this monster would torture all humans for eternity, who did not accept the existence of it, with no evidence of an existence.

It would be a very confused perfect being that would give man the minds that some men have today, that have been able to create so many things, that men 200 years ago would likely not even have dreamed of, and yet give us not a shred of evidence of its existence.

I know that man has seemed to have always had "gods" which he "created" to try to explain the many mysteries of his life that, at least until the very recent times, were entirely unknown as to their cause.

I believe that the Flood of the Noah story is 100% a myth, because I know that there is many bits of evidence that man has found, and verified, that confirms no total loss of all life on earth, ever occurred after the earth first had living creatures on it, and also no amount of water exists or could have existed which would have covered every part of the earth to the depth of earth's highest points, which would require water miles higher than what exists today.

I also know from very basic reasoning that no man or group of men some 4000 or 6000 years ago could possibly have found, collected, transported and fed and housed for a year, samples of all living things. Even the total 7+ billion people on earth today could not do that, partly because we yet have not discovered all living things, as new species are discovered frequently on earth, that have been here for a long time, but man has not previously identified them.

Had all living things on earth died those few years ago, except those on a ship, they could not have repopulated the earth, putting things were they are today, to the extent they are today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since you made the accusation and present no evidence to support it, it's another of your lies.
LOL!!!

That is by no means the definition of a lie. You are so screwed up.
You believe this babble you write. That's like a Drug lord using his own drugs.
It's all down hill.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen no evidence to support your assertions, none of them, even this one. Perhaps you can break your lie streak and present the evidence now.
Again a statement with out documentation is not a lie.
Pathetic atheist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Where?
"Where"

That's 5 letters not even close!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

John wrote:
The larger question is something vs nothing. You can't even get started with your nothing but want to go all the way specifically to an Abrahamic God. It could reach that level of discussion. We could discuss whether God is a sentient being and any number of questions, but we won't, and the reason is your refusal to meet my reasonable prerequisites.
Now you can get upset and lash out at this God you don't believe in or move on. I was clear and honest about this in 2009 and haven't budged. Your nothing is fine. I get it. Your other nonsense will get checked.
Nothing Bless
God and Creation is based on the theory of swomething from nothing.

Competent science works with things that are observable or has theories and attempts to find evidence to support those theories. Nothing regarding the traditional Abrahamic God can be observed or proved by any form currently known by man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 66,981 - 67,000 of70,904
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the 2012 Presidential Election Forum right now

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Putin 1,034,141
Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised vi... 10 min barefoot2626 60
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 min Trigger 29,894
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Commietator 138,734
New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalema... 1 hr George 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 167,594
The end of Mitt Romneya s long winter 1 hr Le Jimbo 4
•••
•••
•••
•••