Atheists on the march in America

Atheists on the march in America

There are 70645 comments on the TurkishPress.com story from Aug 26, 2009, titled Atheists on the march in America. In it, TurkishPress.com reports that:

When South Florida atheists held their first meeting, they were just five friends, having a beer at a bar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TurkishPress.com.

John

United States

#68022 Feb 12, 2013
Still waiting for one example of evidence in this arena that meets the antitheists criteria. What a joke. As if your lunacy wasn't sad behind closed doors you create a forum about nothing.

As if you whackos are going to decide anything. Go watch your masters State of the Disunion address.

Nothing to see here folks. No evidence. No accountable position. Not one of these pseudointellectuals will dare compare their nothing to my something.
John

United States

#68023 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's how science should work. Duh. Have you ever taken a science class?
Sure have. Something from nothing is illogical. Make up an ahem natural beginning. Get your nothing out of here!

How does Rose quantify evidence. Which is most or least likely: always was, prime mover, something from nothing. Show your work Rose. LOL. Don't wait for an answer Rose gets stumped quite easily. So now that we know this isn't about evidence this forum really is an insane asylum.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#68024 Feb 12, 2013
Lol exactly! The church goers hear how science progresses, advances, improves as more an more data becomes available! Gasp!!

What sorcery is this?!!
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's how science should work. Duh. Have you ever taken a science class?

St. Croix valley

#68025 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodschtick57 <--------ad absurdum
you do not understand what ad absurdum means. You don't seem to understand any of what you re talking about.
John

United States

#68026 Feb 12, 2013
You skipped the questions to present your evidence free bigotry.

St. Croix valley

#68027 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the a difference when science rewrites its theories all the time.
Science doesn't claim to be the immutable law of a god. in fact the science is supposed to change its trheories as more information is gained.

learning is fun!

St. Croix valley

#68028 Feb 12, 2013
John wrote:
Still waiting for one example of evidence in this arena that meets the antitheists criteria. What a joke. As if your lunacy wasn't sad behind closed doors you create a forum about nothing.
As if you whackos are going to decide anything. Go watch your masters State of the Disunion address.
Nothing to see here folks. No evidence. No accountable position. Not one of these pseudointellectuals will dare compare their nothing to my something.
How 'bout the clear fossil record that proves it?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#68029 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do not understand what ad absurdum means. You don't seem to understand any of what you re talking about.
I could have used ad nauseam, that would have been accurate as well.

Location hidden

#68030 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Science doesn't claim to be the immutable law of a god. in fact the science is supposed to change its trheories as more information is gained.
learning is fun!
It makes its understanding of physical laws immutable until its theories come under fire that is, and then it changes it rhetoric. I call it scientific apologetics.

St. Croix valley

#68031 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
I could have used ad nauseam, that would have been accurate as well.
no, as i reapeated nothing.

you really don't understand what you are talking about, do you?

and no, that is not an ad hominem, it is a statement of the facts you just proved...

St. Croix valley

#68032 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes its understanding of physical laws immutable until its theories come under fire that is, and then it changes it rhetoric. I call it scientific apologetics.
you use lots of words you don't really understand, you should not do that. it makes you look very stupid.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#68033 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever taken a science class? It doesn't seem like you have. You don't have any understanding of how science works.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#68034 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol exactly! The church goers hear how science progresses, advances, improves as more an more data becomes available! Gasp!!
What sorcery is this?!!
<quoted text>
Yeah, they act as if science is a religion, or a substitute for religion.

Location hidden

#68035 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you use lots of words you don't really understand, you should not do that. it makes you look very stupid.
Anf this from someone whose vocabulary consists of 100 words. LOL!

Location hidden

#68036 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever taken a science class? It doesn't seem like you have. You don't have any understanding of how science works.
Awwww....shuckins' You're just saying that.

St. Croix valley

#68037 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
least i know what rhetoric is. and no, my vocabulary is a tad larger than that, and i even understand the words I use!

St. Croix valley

#68038 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
seems like a lot of people are saying that.

ya might want to take the hint...

( you have the entire worlds' information at your fingertips, just check out what you are thinking before you even post.) of course you have to be able to understand it...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68039 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they act as if science is a religion, or a substitute for religion.
This is because they are incapable of comprehending a reality-based outlook.

To them? It's all faith--

... sad.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#68040 Feb 12, 2013
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Witness the irony of a True Believerô trying to criticize his superiors.

I love it!

This godbot cannot spell--but is critical of someone's vocabulary.

LOL!

Location hidden

#68041 Feb 12, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Witness the irony of a True Believerô trying to criticize his superiors.
I love it!
This godbot cannot spell--but is critical of someone's vocabulary.
LOL!
The only difference between you and a bucket of crap is the bucket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nov 2017 1,643,526
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 2 hr Quirky 288
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 243,008
News Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) Nov 20 Judge FrankenMoore 64
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Nov 20 anonz 129
News Cruz challenger touting his old-guard Republica... Nov 20 By a vote 1
News George Will: All eyes turn to Illinois for an i... Nov 19 Rick Perry s Closet 1
More from around the web