Postscript wrote:Translation: Science, when it is shown to be in error, admits to the error and makes corrections. Therefore, it does not claim to have "truth".
How many do you want?
1. The phlogiston theory of heat was rejected because of evidence. later, It was replaced by thermodynamics.
2. The Catastrophist view of geology was rejected because of evidence. It was replaced by plate tectonics.
3. Maxwell's kinetic theory of gases using classical mechanics was rejected because of evidence. it was replaced by a kinetic theory based on quantum mechanics.
4. The theory that species are static was rejected based on evidence. it was replaced by the idea of evolution.
5. The theory that neutrinos are massless was rejected because of the evidence. This allowed a solution to the solar neutrino problem.
6. The Steady State theory of cosmology was rejected because of evidence. It was replaced by the Big Bang theory.
7. Newton's theory of gravity was replaced by general relativity because it fits the evidence better.
8. Newton's theory of mechanics was replaced by quantum mechanics for very small things. Again, this was evidence driven.
9. The plum pudding model of the atom (as suggested by Edison) was rejected when scattering experiments showed there was a nucleus.
10. The ether theory of light was rejected based on evidence. It was replaced by special relativity.
I could go on for much, much longer if you want. you see, science is evidence driven. people make their careers based on showing old ideas are insufficient and backing up their claims with evidence.