Kokua Line: Replacing a dead candidate

There are 4 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jun 19, 2008, titled Kokua Line: Replacing a dead candidate. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Question: If the president-elect dies before being sworn in, the vice president-elect becomes president, but what happens if a party's nominee dies before the election? Does the vice presidential nominee then ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Homer

Honolulu, HI

#1 Jun 19, 2008
That's some pretty morbid stuff to be pondering, given this historic election. Any specific candidate in mind?
Sheesh!
Camille Lavieri

Canterbury, CT

#3 Jun 19, 2008
Michelle Obama is a fantastic woman. I hope she becomes the First Lady.
Slack Key

Waterbury, CT

#4 Jun 19, 2008
Camille Lavieri wrote:
Michelle Obama is a fantastic woman. I hope she becomes the First Lady.
I'll be down the street cancelling out your vote=)
Jim Burwell

Houston, TX

#5 Jun 19, 2008
Very good information. I've been training dogs for 25 years and pulling on leash is always high on the "complaint" list. I'm a big fan of the gentle leader as it is non-aversive and "power steering" for dogs.
Walking our dogs is really critical to their well being and as you said, also a great time to practice training and leadership.

Again, good job.
Jim Burwell, Jim Burwell's Petiquette

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Coffee Party 189,518
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Bluestater 1,231,565
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min scirocco 182,159
News Jeb Bush to the American people: Show illegal a... 5 hr Quirky 109
News Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 9 hr Protester 27,520
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) Thu Earthling-1 30,812
News Milbank: Hillary Clinton's hypocrisy Wed Tmm 1
More from around the web