Rep. Gowdy Sees Human Side of Immigration Issue

Jan 5, 2013 Full story: WLTX-TV Columbia 16

The conservative South Carolina Republican who just took over a key immigration panel has been labeled an anti-immigration hardliner but said he empathizes with people who come to the U.S. seeking a better life.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 5, 2013
the only humane thing to do would look at the hardships caused to the citizens by illegal aliens.

look at the cost and how illegal aliens effect citizens. all know illegal aliens became illegal aliens out of choice,they choose to become illegal aliens, they choose to break our laws they choose to have kids and use and pawns.

all in office need to only care and stand for the citizens of this country no others should matter or be treated any different than the average criminal .

Location hidden

#2 Jan 5, 2013
added to the above our leaders caused all this mess to happen against the people of the USA,all know if they did their jobs and followed the letter of the law without excuse or even bother to listen to fake sob stories we would not have this major problem of illegal aliens now.

Since: Apr 10

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#3 Jan 5, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
the only humane thing to do would look at the hardships caused to the citizens by illegal aliens.
look at the cost and how illegal aliens effect citizens. all know illegal aliens became illegal aliens out of choice,they choose to become illegal aliens, they choose to break our laws they choose to have kids and use and pawns.
all in office need to only care and stand for the citizens of this country no others should matter or be treated any different than the average criminal .
Cry me a river!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#4 Jan 5, 2013
And the Hispanics and blacks are soooooo racist, all the Mexicans vote on is who will give their race of people an amnesty. They have their own groups to get things just for their races all the while the white liberals have shoved it down our throats that we must be so tolerant, now on MSNBC all they talk about is the Mexicans and blacks uniting against the whites and taking over the country. Here most of them are having kids out of wedlock and going onto welfare and dropping out of high school and they want a few whites that are left here to carry all of them financially, and with the Mexicans, they can't even speak to us because they don't speak English so there's NO benefit at all for them being here. they are using up so much money in the prisons, the courts, in welfare costs, and pay NO taxes and are totally racist.
deport deport deport

United States

#5 Jan 5, 2013
These scumbags are playing the US and its citizens four fools. We should declare war on Mexico for it's de facto invasion of the country. The are literally dumping their filth over the fence into our yard. Amnesty for these sob story telling pieces of sht will not be end of the US as we know it, it will be the end of the US PERIOD.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#6 Jan 5, 2013
"He disputes allegations that illegal immigrants are draining certain government services reserved for citizens, such as unemployment benefits and Social Security. Illegal immigrants do not qualify for such benefits."

I see it coming, folks, hold on to your hats, this guy is going to sell us all out!!! This kind of rhetoric comes with the package...APPEARS to be totally oblivious to what's really happening, when we know he does know, but has been paid off/compromised!!! I can almost write the immigration bill that he is going to push!

Two Things: Illegal immigration IS NOT solved by providing amensty!!! It's like throwing gas on a fire...behold, we have more illegal aliens at our gates than before the amnesty...that promised enforcement!

Second, Ronald Reagan granted amensty to illegal aliens. He was a Republican. Have they shown gratitude or allegiance to the repubs? No, they wouldn't touch them with a ten foot poll. So much for gratitude, but our law makers don't see this!

Lastly, REMEMBER, we owe them NOTHING!!!!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jan 5, 2013
Pamela wrote:
And the Hispanics and blacks are soooooo racist, all the Mexicans vote on is who will give their race of people an amnesty. They have their own groups to get things just for their races all the while the white liberals have shoved it down our throats that we must be so tolerant, now on MSNBC all they talk about is the Mexicans and blacks uniting against the whites and taking over the country. Here most of them are having kids out of wedlock and going onto welfare and dropping out of high school and they want a few whites that are left here to carry all of them financially, and with the Mexicans, they can't even speak to us because they don't speak English so there's NO benefit at all for them being here. they are using up so much money in the prisons, the courts, in welfare costs, and pay NO taxes and are totally racist.
Exactly!!!
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#8 Jan 5, 2013
Pamela wrote:
Dear one, watch it, you will become like them! I am Black, and am so totally against illegal immigration you would not believe. I am a American whose roots go back 9 generations in America. I have NEVER been on welfare, paid my taxes, never been arrested nor under suspicion. I was married to my children's father when I had them, and am a professional with a college degree!

I am saying all of this to say that when you curve on the road and begin to take a stance based on race, you will lose a lot of people who agree with you. Open your mind, even though illegal aliens consider this a mexican v/s white thing, don't go there! Make it an American thing!!! Okay?!!!

Time is coming soon when we will all have to galvanize our forces to stop what could become a big amnesty bill. I would hate for it to fail simply because of a racial thing. Think about it!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jan 5, 2013
Magadala wrote:
"He disputes allegations that illegal immigrants are draining certain government services reserved for citizens, such as unemployment benefits and Social Security. Illegal immigrants do not qualify for such benefits."
I see it coming, folks, hold on to your hats, this guy is going to sell us all out!!! This kind of rhetoric comes with the package...APPEARS to be totally oblivious to what's really happening, when we know he does know, but has been paid off/compromised!!! I can almost write the immigration bill that he is going to push!
Two Things: Illegal immigration IS NOT solved by providing amensty!!! It's like throwing gas on a fire...behold, we have more illegal aliens at our gates than before the amnesty...that promised enforcement!
Second, Ronald Reagan granted amensty to illegal aliens. He was a Republican. Have they shown gratitude or allegiance to the repubs? No, they wouldn't touch them with a ten foot poll. So much for gratitude, but our law makers don't see this!
Lastly, REMEMBER, we owe them NOTHING!!!!
The Repubs and Dems are all in this together. It like riding in a car. You might sit on the left, right or maybe even the middle, but you get to the same destination.

It's time we tar and feather the whole bunch.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 5, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
The Repubs and Dems are all in this together. It like riding in a car. You might sit on the left, right or maybe even the middle, but you get to the same destination.
It's time we tar and feather the whole bunch.
i like the idea of tar and feathering these numbskulls. right out of the history books.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#11 Jan 5, 2013
Pamela wrote:
Don't tie black Americans with Hispanics.
Boknows

United States

#12 Jan 6, 2013
In what form of criminal are illegal immigrant have committed,if they are criminals let them pay their dues and fair share and give them visa to work to provide for their family not uncle Sam and pay taxes that helps uncle Sam as well,stop the hatred and being childish grow up, we the people children of immigrants, if there were law back then the native Indians would may be called them illegal immigrants of some form.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#13 Jan 6, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tie black Americans with Hispanics.
I notice that too! I also notice that when hispanics want to make a point about a particular situation from which they may benefit because of the numbers, they will always say something to the effect of, "...blacks and latinos..." I say to them, blacks have enough problems of their own, stand on your own!!! Oh, and there is one fine point they can never refute, illegal aliens came uninvited, blacks were forced to come here!

Location hidden

#14 Jan 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that too! I also notice that when hispanics want to make a point about a particular situation from which they may benefit because of the numbers, they will always say something to the effect of, "...blacks and latinos..." I say to them, blacks have enough problems of their own, stand on your own!!! Oh, and there is one fine point they can never refute, illegal aliens came uninvited, blacks were forced to come here!
nope not all blacks were forced either. some of my inlaws migrated here legally from nigeria and willfully became a citizen with a lot of hard work,which is why they came.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#15 Jan 6, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
nope not all blacks were forced either.
some of my inlaws migrated here legally from nigeria and willfully became a citizen with a lot of hard work,which is why they came.
You know, I respect what you are saying about your inlaws,but the average AA in no way relates to them! We always remember that they are the ones who sold us in the beginning!

Not only that, they waited until black Americans made it safe for people of color, and then came over. Sorry, that's the way a lot of black American look at Africans, opportunitst when it became safe, like the rest of them!

I don't know if most people know this, but black Americans don't partner nor relate to Africans!
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#16 Jan 6, 2013
Blacks Americans look at themselves as just that, black people who are Americans.

If you will notice, Africans always distinguish themselves by country, Somali, Ethopian, Kenyan, etc.
Black Americans don't do this because we haven't a clue of where we came from...and I represent 9 generations in America! Get it?!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Jay 1,154,318
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Injudgement 165,553
Why Democrats Are So Confident 35 min SobieskiSavedEurope 4
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 42 min Earthling-1 33,478
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 4 hr Chicopee 274
In 2016, Republicans will be fighting to hold S... 5 hr barefoot2626 8
More from around the web