How Chris Christie can still be the frontrunner for the 2016 Republican nomination

Jan 16, 2014 Full story: The Washington Post 43

Charlie Cook, a preeminent political handicapper and the man who gave me my first job in Washington, took issue with the idea that Christie -- either pre or post Bridge-gate -- should be described as the front-runner in the race.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1 Jan 16, 2014
It's possible considering the average IQ of your
Republican voter. Dim minds are easily swayed.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#2 Jan 16, 2014
Gary wrote:
For evidence, just look at the results of the election in 20111!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2014
Not him.an other republican will win.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 16, 2014
Since Christie like to throw his weight around (oy!), he can be the frontrunner by bear-hugging the other candidates.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#5 Jan 16, 2014
Any Republican nominated will be elected in 2016. The Democrats are determined to run the Benghazi Bimbo who has lost all credibility. because of her part in the Benghazi massacre. All the documents released prove the massacre never had to happen. Those people were sacrificed because of Hillary's incompetence, and then she lied about it. If the Democrats still insist on fielding her they lose big time.
ObamaCare FUBAR

Southampton, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2014
Gary wrote:
A dim mind is that of a celebrity worshipping, Birkenstock wearing, ponytailed Hollywood-humping Marxist liberal idiot like you possessing delusions of adequacy.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#7 Jan 16, 2014
The rice penis-led gop/teahadist love/hate affair has imploded upon themselves.

Hillary 50%

bridgeboy 37%
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#8 Jan 16, 2014
Christie is still the front runner because the desperate RepubliCANT party wants a winner no matter the cost. The RepubliCANT leadership has lost touch with reality and the American people. The American people love personalities and personal stories and not politicians.
spud

Bangor, PA

#9 Jan 16, 2014
Cruz is the best candidate the Republicans have but the Republican leadership is afraid of him. They'd rather nominate someone who will do as their idiotic neocon leadership says. I'd definitely vote for Cruz.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#10 Jan 16, 2014
spud wrote:
Cruz is the best candidate the Republicans have but the Republican leadership is afraid of him. They'd rather nominate someone who will do as their idiotic neocon leadership says. I'd definitely vote for Cruz.
The RepubliCANTs are a bunch of old school back smoke filled room politicians. That's where the business of the party takes place. Not in public with their constituents permission. I'd vote a Ted Cruz or any different face in the RepubliCANT party in office.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#11 Jan 16, 2014
spud wrote:
greasy is still a canukian. Why, when the revocation process is one of canada's easiest, is he having so much trouble? And he wants to run this country? LMAO.
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#12 Jan 16, 2014
How Chris Christie can still be the frontrunner for the 2016 Republican nomination????

1 - Because the person he is going to be running against dodged questioning blaming headaches and when she finally made it to the congressional hearings she said "What difference does it make?" in the death of 4 Americans.

2 - Because he stood there and took the heat from the press for hours and didnt dodge or avoid questions nor did he make up obvious lies like blaming some obscure internet video.

3 - Because the media still loves him and the GOP is confused as to why

4 - Hes shown hes willing and able to work across party lines. Something desperately needed that irks both the GOP and Dems.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Jan 16, 2014
I don't think we'll discover anything, myself. I think what will happen is we'll discover people who will tell us where to go find it. It is not like a treasure hunt where you just runaround looking everywhere hoping you find something. I just don't think that's going to happen. The inspectors didn't find anything, and I doubt that we will. What we will do is find the people who will tell us.

~Donald Rumsfeld, April 17, 2003

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#14 Jan 16, 2014
El oh El wrote:
It doesn't make any difference.

Hillary 50%

bridgeboy 37%

LMFAO.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 16, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
The rice penis-led gop/teahadist love/hate affair has imploded upon themselves.
Hillary 50%
bridgeboy 37%
Christie better fire his staff before the tell progressive media who gave the order..someone will confess-"Christie gave the order"

more trouble for the teahadists
El oh El

Auburn, MA

#16 Jan 16, 2014
<quoted text>
It doesn't make any difference.
Hillary 50%
bridgeboy 37%
LMFAO.
If it doesnt make any difference than why are you spending all your time trolling every Christie thread that pops up? Im thinking that the Dems are intimidated by the new media darling, Christie. Thing is, he might be too moderate for Republicans while most of country wants somebody in the middle.

BTW, this where you make a relevant and intelligent reply without personal attacks and off topic spam. try it for once.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#17 Jan 16, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie better fire his staff before the tell progressive media who gave the order..someone will confess-"Christie gave the order"
more trouble for the teahadists
This won't be like alwayswrongissa's endless dog and pony show. These type A's that prance around and pontificate about being in total control, until the shit hits the fan, is funny as hell. bridgeboy will have a full plate with bridgegate and the Sandy funds. But this weekend...there's fundraising. LMAO.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2014
why would anybody want to vote for Christie?

he's pro-illegal. that means he represents FOREIGNERS. and NOT americans.

don't believe me? just last month, the guy approved granting ILLEGALS the right to the same tuition that in-state students pay.

in OTHER words, he thinks out-of-state students should pay MORE than FOREIGNERS who are in the usa ILLEGALLY.

talk about representing the wrong people. Christie is messed up. he should go run for office in mexico.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/20/us-...
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/...

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Kornfield Kounty

#20 Jan 17, 2014
Asian Guy wrote:
why would anybody want to vote for Christie?
he's pro-illegal. that means he represents FOREIGNERS. and NOT americans.
don't believe me? just last month, the guy approved granting ILLEGALS the right to the same tuition that in-state students pay.
in OTHER words, he thinks out-of-state students should pay MORE than FOREIGNERS who are in the usa ILLEGALLY.
talk about representing the wrong people. Christie is messed up. he should go run for office in mexico.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/20/us-...
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/...
That's the same thing brokeback perry did, yet he's see as a champion of wrexans and exemplary teahadist..when he can remember shit. LMAO.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#21 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
That's the same thing brokeback perry did, yet he's see as a champion of wrexans and exemplary teahadist..when he can remember shit. LMAO.
you got that right. perry is just as bad if not worse then Christie.

he did the same exact thing. a POS pro-illegal.

as far as I'm concerned, both perry and Christie can jump off a cliff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Ari son of Anarchy 175,812
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Yeah 1,206,790
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 185,889
News Poll: Hillary Clinton still tops in 2016 3 hr barefoot2626 231
News Poll: Growing number of Americans incorrectly t... (Aug '10) 4 hr Spitshine 7,999
News In Feingold loss, his base turns on its own (Nov '10) 16 hr Fat for me 75
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) Sat lightbeamrider 706
More from around the web