Poll: Majority Supports Path to Citiz...

Poll: Majority Supports Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants

There are 1475 comments on the KVOR-AM Colorado Springs story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Poll: Majority Supports Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants. In it, KVOR-AM Colorado Springs reports that:

Most Americans support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, an issue that may be high on the agenda of newly re-elected President Obama and the 113th Congress, given the increased importance of nonwhites -- including Hispanic voters -- in the nation's political equation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVOR-AM Colorado Springs.

spud

United States

#44 Nov 15, 2012
There's no way anywhere near a majority of Americans support amnesty. From unemploymenet, higher taxes and lower wages to the depressed living conditions and overcrowdind towns that result from illegal aliens, the American people are sick of having to make all the sacrifices so corporations can live like royalty. Anyway, everyone knows surveys can be made to come to ANY conclusion, including an absurd one like this.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#45 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Covers way more. You are just another bigoted fool who has no reliable information or numbers.
ok so they cover 5% I guess,what ever the percentage is its not nearly enough and Americans want them out.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
These ones are funding social security and paying taxes which they never get back to the tune of $7billion per year. Keep whining troll. I bitch slapped you.
that is a lie and you know it but even if it was true do you really belive that $7billion covers 25 million illegals and thier anchors? Hell no not even 25% so you could continue to live in fantasy land if you want to but Americans know the truth and were not putting up with it. F%&k obama,illegals and all those who support this invasion of my country.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47 Nov 15, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>that is a lie and you know it but even if it was true do you really belive that $7billion covers 25 million illegals and thier anchors? Hell no not even 25% so you could continue to live in fantasy land if you want to but Americans know the truth and were not putting up with it. F%&k obama,illegals and all those who support this invasion of my country.
Those figures came from the New York Times and I posted the link junior.

It is estimated the illegals contribute to the GNP at least ten times what they use. Want some more facts or are you just here to whine about things?

Location hidden

#48 Nov 15, 2012
Illegal workers: good for U.S. economy

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/01/news/economy/...

Why Americans Think (Wrongly) That Illegal Immigrants Hurt the Economy
May 13, 2010 8:00 PM EDT
Job insecurity, strapped state budgets, and xenophobia may all play a role. But there’s more to it than that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/05...

"First and foremost,[illegal immigration] it's a source of value added. The total goods and services that they consume through their paycheck, plus all that they produce for their employers, is close to about $800 billion. They're also producing at relatively lower costs because the undocumented population typically gets about 20% less in wages than if they were legalized. That leads to lower prices for us and higher profits to employers. In addition, they're obviously a huge consumer base. We've seen that 90% of the wages that the undocumented population gets are spent inside the U.S. Remittances are sent abroad, but that only represents about 10% of immigrants' income. The numbers are becoming quite huge. We estimate about $50 billion dollars in remittances this year. That means that total consumptive capacity remaining in the U.S. is $400 billion to $450 billion. If you took away the undocumented population, it would be the worst economic disaster in the history of the U.S."

http://immigration.procon.org/view.answers.ph...
spud

United States

#49 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It is estimated the illegals contribute to the GNP at least ten times what they use. Want some more facts or are you just here to whine about things?
Facts concerning illegal aliens in the NY Times, really? That would be a first.
Bob

Oklahoma City, OK

#50 Nov 15, 2012
Think about it guys at one point your grandparents were illegal too USA is a land of opportunity for hard worker so let them take the advantage the spoil American won't take

Location hidden

#51 Nov 15, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Facts concerning illegal aliens in the NY Times, really? That would be a first.
Can't discuss the issues using facts right?

Run along junior.

Location hidden

#52 Nov 15, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>that is a lie and you know it but even if it was true do you really belive that $7billion covers 25 million illegals and thier anchors? Hell no not even 25% so you could continue to live in fantasy land if you want to but Americans know the truth and were not putting up with it. F%&k obama,illegals and all those who support this invasion of my country.
Nice rant BRO.

Bigoted much?
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#53 Nov 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
Think about it guys at one point your grandparents were illegal too USA is a land of opportunity for hard worker so let them take the advantage the spoil American won't take
my grandparents were nor illegal. America is a land of laws and those laws must be enforced.We need a massive wall and a guest worker program for the jobs "Americans won't do". Do people really think illegals will continue to do the jobs their doing now if given amnesty? I don't think so they're just going to get educations and take middle class jobs at a lower wage and then those jobs that they will no longer do because their "Americans" now will need to be filled and then guess what? Yup another massive wave of illegals aliens. I dare anyone to dispute what I just posted

Location hidden

#54 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your personal mythology. The fact is they contribute far more than they take. Here is an example.
"Last year, Mr. Martínez paid about $2,000 toward Social Security and $450 for Medicare through payroll taxes withheld from his wages. Yet unlike most Americans, who will receive some form of a public pension in retirement and will be eligible for Medicare as soon as they turn 65, Mr. Martínez is not entitled to benefits.
He belongs to a big club. As the debate over Social Security heats up, the estimated seven million or so illegal immigrant workers in the United States are now providing the system with a subsidy of as much as $7 billion a year."
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/business/05...
whos ss did he steal inorder to work? or is that fraud ok as long as an invader does it? or maybe like the ss he used him working is also made up,cannot take the word of any illegal alien nor anyone who supports them.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#55 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant BRO.
Bigoted much?
there it is America when they can't prove people wrong they pull the race card. Hey moron I'm Hispanic American just so you know

Location hidden

#56 Nov 15, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>there it is America when they can't prove people wrong they pull the race card. Hey moron I'm Hispanic American just so you know
i work with alot of hispanic citizens and none want illegal aliens here. what fool wants someone to lower their standard of living as illegal aliens do to all.
spud

United States

#57 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Job insecurity, strapped state budgets, and xenophobia may all play a role. But there’s more to it than that.
"First and foremost,[illegal immigration] it's a source of value added. The total goods and services that they consume through their paycheck, plus all that they produce for their employers, is close to about $800 billion. They're also producing at relatively lower costs because the undocumented population typically gets about 20% less in wages than if they were legalized. That leads to lower prices for us and higher profits to employers. In addition, they're obviously a huge consumer base. We've seen that 90% of the wages that the undocumented population gets are spent inside the U.S. Remittances are sent abroad, but that only represents about 10% of immigrants' income. The numbers are becoming quite huge. We estimate about $50 billion dollars in remittances this year. That means that total consumptive capacity remaining in the U.S. is $400 billion to $450 billion. If you took away the undocumented population, it would be the worst economic disaster in the history of the U.S."
Lets use your own figures to prove you're wrong. You say illegal aliens make 20% less than legal workers. Then you say that illegals total consumption is 400-450 billion per year. If they got rid of all the illegals and replaced them with legals that make 20% more, it would result in an economic boom and 20% higher consumption. It would also take all those legal workers off whatever assistence they were living on. It would also keep that 50 billion in our country. It would also take the burden off the taxpayer for the government services they use (education, healthcare, welfare, housing, food stamps etc). It would mean more taxes collected because everyone would be on the books and not working under the table like so many illegal aliens do. It would take the strain off our court and prison systems as well as our inadequate infrastructure. It would alleviate alot of the overcrowding we experience in our cities and towns where they have infiltrated. I hope you can see how totally absurd the NY Times claims are.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#58 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
new York times support illegals in this country you idiot but your wright I guess a news paper has never lied to the public. These things people like you are ranting about are just assumptions made be democrats there's no way you can prove with documents that most illegals pay taxes if they're here illegally who do you think your fooling. I guess the poll taken by the Washington post last week in which they ask only 1,023 people how they feel about amnesty and 70% said they are for it means all of America feels the same way wright? 1,023 people speak for the whole country.hahahahaha
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Nov 15, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
there's no way you can say that sending illegals back and starting a real guest worker program (so they can do the jobs Americans won't do) would be a disaster for the economy. You posted the "pros" of illegals now post the cons like free healthcare for them at hospitals and Medicaid for the anchors and all the welfare,education, overcrowded prison,courtrooms We pay for all that shit
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#61 Nov 15, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
i work with alot of hispanic citizens and none want illegal aliens here. what fool wants someone to lower their standard of living as illegal aliens do to all.
this affects all Americans that's why frustration builds inside me when I hear stupid Hispanics Americans or any American supporting amnesty when they know it will cripple this great nations economy and it will leave this country just like mexihole were only 10% of the people are filthy rich and the other 90% don't have a pot to piss in.
spud

United States

#62 Nov 15, 2012
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>there it is America when they can't prove people wrong they pull the race card. Hey moron I'm Hispanic American just so you know
You're right. The pro illegal bunch are a strange combination of many different groups. You have the illegals themselves. You can't blame them for trying to hold on to what they stole. You have the Democrats that have been feeding illegals for years. They know they have those votes wrapped up if they can get them to the polls. You have the neocons who are so stupid that they think they can attract Hispanic votes through pandering. You inexplicably have alot of Blacks and legal Hispanics who will actually be hurt by illegal aliens taking scarce jobs and depressing wages. And you have alot of totally brainwashed Democratic partisans who agree in every manufactured fantasy their party ever came up with. We're a country of immigrants, they're doing jobs Americans won't do, our economy can't do without them, they're good people who only want to provide for their family. they contribute more than they use and on and on. The fact that these people believe these fairy tales is either a testimony to the Democratic parties persuasive abilities or to their constituencies stupidity and gullibility. In the long run it all comes down to the Democrats favorite thing, income redistribution. But this time the income is being taken from our own working poor and given to people who are illegally in this country. And the corporations are paying the politicians fortunes to keep it that way. Somehow the Democrats don't see that they are promoting corporate corruption and providing corporate welfare.
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#64 Nov 15, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. The pro illegal bunch are a strange combination of many different groups. You have the illegals themselves. You can't blame them for trying to hold on to what they stole. You have the Democrats that have been feeding illegals for years. They know they have those votes wrapped up if they can get them to the polls. You have the neocons who are so stupid that they think they can attract Hispanic votes through pandering. You inexplicably have alot of Blacks and legal Hispanics who will actually be hurt by illegal aliens taking scarce jobs and depressing wages. And you have alot of totally brainwashed Democratic partisans who agree in every manufactured fantasy their party ever came up with. We're a country of immigrants, they're doing jobs Americans won't do, our economy can't do without them, they're good people who only want to provide for their family. they contribute more than they use and on and on. The fact that these people believe these fairy tales is either a testimony to the Democratic parties persuasive abilities or to their constituencies stupidity and gullibility. In the long run it all comes down to the Democrats favorite thing, income redistribution. But this time the income is being taken from our own working poor and given to people who are illegally in this country. And the corporations are paying the politicians fortunes to keep it that way. Somehow the Democrats don't see that they are promoting corporate corruption and providing corporate welfare.
that's exactly how real Americans feel and yet the media is trying to portray Americans as if We support this invasion. Ask the Washington post how they concluded that over 70% of Americans support this invasion and then ask them how many people participated in thier survey.

Location hidden

#65 Nov 15, 2012
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Lets use your own figures to prove you're wrong. You say illegal aliens make 20% less than legal workers. Then you say that illegals total consumption is 400-450 billion per year. If they got rid of all the illegals and replaced them with legals that make 20% more, it would result in an economic boom and 20% higher consumption. It would also take all those legal workers off whatever assistence they were living on. It would also keep that 50 billion in our country. It would also take the burden off the taxpayer for the government services they use (education, healthcare, welfare, housing, food stamps etc). It would mean more taxes collected because everyone would be on the books and not working under the table like so many illegal aliens do. It would take the strain off our court and prison systems as well as our inadequate infrastructure. It would alleviate alot of the overcrowding we experience in our cities and towns where they have infiltrated. I hope you can see how totally absurd the NY Times claims are.
Nonsense. Ever heard of supply and demand? So you would replace a productive worker with a lazy unproductive worker for higher pay?

You must be kidding me. You are NO businessman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 228,758
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,395,933
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min JRB 216,905
News Egypt state news agency says Mubarak is "clinic... (Jun '12) 5 hr Zionist appeasers 18
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 6 hr Synque 11
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 7 hr Chilli J 289
News Bush, Paulson say economy will get better, but ... (Oct '08) 12 hr Goldman Sachs Jew 139
More from around the web