The Vice-Presidential Debate: Battle ...

The Vice-Presidential Debate: Battle of the Liabilities

There are 73 comments on the www.theatlantic.com story from Oct 11, 2012, titled The Vice-Presidential Debate: Battle of the Liabilities. In it, www.theatlantic.com reports that:

With both running mates a drag on their respective tickets, their best-case scenario in Thursday's debate may be to do no harm.

The press loves Joe Biden, the over-the-top, unrestrained, never-a-dull-moment vice president. But the American public does not: In most polls, he's viewed slightly more negatively than positively. When the Pew Research Center last month surveyed Americans and asked them to describe the vice president, the result, according to pollster, was this: "Aside from clown, a number of people describe Biden as stupid, a joke, goofy and a buffoon."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theatlantic.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

SIR LANCELOT

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

#1 Oct 11, 2012
Poor poor Joe, he doesn't stand a chance.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Oct 11, 2012
I will watch . Will it get beyond talking points ?

May be interesting especially the post debate spin.
cjrian

Denver, CO

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Aside from Biden being a clown, stupid, joke, goof and buffoon, he is a plagiarizer (Neil Kinnock) and a slanderer (Curtis C. Dunn). Furtherr, Biden misrepresents (lies) about Mitt's positions and intentions.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

http://www.delawaregrapevine.com/12-07bidencr...

Stretching the truth is one thing, blatantly lying is another
Joe Biden is unfit for ANY public office (and not many private ones)

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#4 Oct 11, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
I will watch . Will it get beyond talking points ?
May be interesting especially the post debate spin.
I will watch too, but won't get excited about it no matter which way it falls. I'd prefer to have the Veep elected regardless of part affiliation by a popular vote (not electoral college which I think is still the right way to go for the President).

Still, Biden ought to out on a good show from an entertainment POV.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Oct 11, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
I will watch too, but won't get excited about it no matter which way it falls. I'd prefer to have the Veep elected regardless of part affiliation by a popular vote (not electoral college which I think is still the right way to go for the President).
It will be spun for a momentum indicator but I don't know for which side ...yet .

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#6 Oct 11, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be spun for a momentum indicator but I don't know for which side ...yet .
Oh! What a tangled web they weave...

I forgot the rest
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Well I Tell Ya..Between Baseball,Foot ball..who but Political JUNKIES will watch!...All this crap has reached over kill....Most will watch the sports...Reason is to get away from the BS polluting the TV....Tomorrow is time enough to know results...The LOONS will say JOE won,and Americans will say PAUL one...However its those few who have not made up their minds..Yet!....GO STEELERS,GO YANKS!..JOE and PAUL? Just go!!
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#9 Oct 11, 2012
What's the Reformed Church of America?? RCA Victor?
Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#10 Oct 11, 2012
The Logos...Gods communication to mankind....
drink The Hive

New York, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2012
I Can't Watch The BS Debate - My Aluminum Foil Antenna Can't Decode Digital 2 Analog...

Halito

Winnemucca, NV

#12 Oct 11, 2012
Or how to get through to a silicon.....
Bob Boo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#13 Oct 11, 2012
Halito wrote:
Or how to get through to a silicon.....
u is sillee.com/Halitoo;-000
Bob Boo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#14 Oct 11, 2012
Halito wrote:
The Logos...Gods communication to mankind....
dat earmarkeeble is coppee all for DC;-0000
Bob Boo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#15 Oct 11, 2012
Halito wrote:
What's the Reformed Church of America?? RCA Victor?
www.chase.com/ink or www.india.com/curry-compounder;-0
Bob Boo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Ynutmegger wrote:
i"ill loook post Dbate spin.
;-00000h, Grande Birds, AZ!;)
Bob Boo

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#17 Oct 11, 2012
Dr. Bill_mr! think D-vice: D-bate!!;-0000h, Bill don't think 2hard it's wil hurd yo brain;-0000h, get yo halloweeee custooom yet? ;-000
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#18 Oct 11, 2012
BO PIMPING MICHELLE wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden is also a racist commenting in this day and age, which is beyond belief, that Obama is a well dressed colored who can speak well. LMAO. You expect that kind of comment 200 years ago, not today. Bill Fullbright Clinton also came up with the remark to his wife in 2008 that Obama would have been carrying her bags 4 years earlier. REALLY? IN 2004? Again comments that belong to the KKK 200 years ago.
Where Biden is goofy, his wife is plain downright mean. Frightening for America if anything happens to Obama.
I WOULD CAST A VOTE AGAINST OBAMA JUST FOR PICKING A NUMBSKULL FOR VP. Biden and his wife would be the downfall of America in the eyes of the world.
Sadly the Referee had to stop the debate,as Joe
the Gaffe Biden had a Senior moment right it the
middle of the debate,The Metamucil kicked in and
it was declared a TKO,for Paul the Truth Ryan,Who
said later in the dressing room,Joe was tuf a real
Warrior Until his Bowels let him down in the 5th..
He was unfortunate,because the Depends Corp was his
Sponsor tonite!!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#19 Oct 11, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly the Referee had to stop the debate,as Joe
the Gaffe Biden had a Senior moment right it the
middle of the debate,The Metamucil kicked in and
it was declared a TKO,for Paul the Truth Ryan,Who
said later in the dressing room,Joe was tuf a real
Warrior Until his Bowels let him down in the 5th..
He was unfortunate,because the Depends Corp was his
Sponsor tonite!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 11, 2012
I've never seen a bigger liability than Benghazi on any president. It makes Watergate look like a parking ticket.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#21 Oct 11, 2012
I can hear Axlerod now: "Barack, you have to think about how you can support yourself after Benghazi. There will be few speaking engagements for you. You are poison to the Armed Forces since you basically killed 2 Navy Seals."
"It is my opinion that you should leave the country to spare your children the wrath of America down the road as Benghazi spirals out of control...EtcEtc..".
Yep. I can hear Axlerod now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,374,656
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Limbertwig 222,810
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Dr Guru 213,135
News Obama Attends Memorial for Grandmother (Dec '08) Mon Old Jew 67
News Axelrod, Plouffe Headline Harkin Steak Fry (Aug '10) Mon Old Jew 24
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) Mon Povertys traitors 27
News Ted Nugent Wants Those On Welfare To Forfeit Ri... (Dec '12) Sun Hicks 37
More from around the web