Economists: New Recession Chances At 50%

Economists: New Recession Chances At 50%

There are 316 comments on the KSBW-TV story from Aug 3, 2011, titled Economists: New Recession Chances At 50%. In it, KSBW-TV reports that:

There are growing warnings that the United States could fall into a new recession, even with its debt ceiling crisis finally behind it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSBW-TV.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
WOODCHUCK

North Port, FL

#1 Aug 3, 2011
Rescission is if you have a JOB...its a DEPRESSION if you have not.....Millions of Americans are in DEPRESSION!
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#2 Aug 3, 2011
New Recession? When did the Old one leave??
firehimnow

Spokane, WA

#3 Aug 3, 2011
Eleanor wrote:
I think that was when the repugs took over in 2010 that the old one left.The new recession in all its turd glory is on boners plate.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#4 Aug 3, 2011
I knew that this country was in trouble during the 2010 mid-terms when the republicans/tea-baggers took the House. If you look at all the indicators and graphs the economy was slowly growing until just after the Republicans took back power in the Congress.

The right has sabotage this economy with their doom and gloom rhetoric and their terrorist tactic during the debt ceiling crisis that they create. We’ll give President Obama a Democratic House and Senate when we re-elect him in 2012… then things will get back to improving again.
Hot Karl

United States

#6 Aug 3, 2011
Mr. Obama will get this turned around, we are still digging out from the bush era. We should be taxing the rich to fund green jobs. Time to look to the future. Have Hope.
goose

La Grange, IL

#7 Aug 3, 2011
firehimnow wrote:
<quoted text>I think that was when the repugs took over in 2010 that the old one left.The new recession in all its turd glory is on boners plate.
Really? So I guess using your logic we could say that what happened in '08 is Pelosi.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#8 Aug 3, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I knew that this country was in trouble during the 2010 mid-terms when the republicans/tea-baggers took the House. If you look at all the indicators and graphs the economy was slowly growing until just after the Republicans took back power in the Congress.
The right has sabotage this economy with their doom and gloom rhetoric and their terrorist tactic during the debt ceiling crisis that they create. We’ll give President Obama a Democratic House and Senate when we re-elect him in 2012… then things will get back to improving again.
yep you are a paid BOT this new mantra just came out at noon.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#9 Aug 3, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
Mr. Obama will get this turned around, we are still digging out from the bush era. We should be taxing the rich to fund green jobs. Time to look to the future. Have Hope.
COMMUNIST MEDIA CONTINUES TO TRY TO BRING DOWN AMERICA……….

Today, the newest prevarication that is already being spread is that the bill Obama signed that was to fix all our woes........is now being touted as a mistake and will cause us to go into another recession because of all the cuts in spending..........THERE WERE NO CUTS IN SPENDING because of baseline rules. THE ONLY PERSON THAT WON IN THE DEAL WAS OBAMA........so the people bitching are either paid to bitch or dumber than a rock.

Now turn the page..........what comes next since (gag) all the cuts (choke) caused this..........TAXES, REVENUE and MORE SPENDING..........Obama again gets what he wants.

Thirdly, with this unconstitutional group of (gag) biodegradeable congressmen and senators that surly can't come to any rational reasoning, since congress couldn't in the first place, will cause a 50% cut in military spending by December. So we have a weak economy and a military throwing rocks..........the communist will be happy.……
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#10 Aug 3, 2011
A Chinese rating agency just downgraded the US from A+ to A. Just wait until the world demands a new reserve currency--game over!! Your currency will be worth nothing!
jack

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Aug 3, 2011
With Obama and the democrats still trying to drive the economy off the cliff I don't expect much to change until after the 2012 elections if we can hold out that long.
Oh, if only we could be dealing with what Bush left, would be so much easier to deal with, what Bush left us was nothing compared to what Obama will leave us with in 2012
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Does this mean there is a 50% chance of the depression becoming only a recession?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
A Chinese rating agency just downgraded the US from A+ to A. Just wait until the world demands a new reserve currency--game over!! Your currency will be worth nothing!
We knew that would be the outcome as soon as bush decided not to report to the international community and the public how many "dollars" he was having printed.
SNAFU

Chandler, AZ

#14 Aug 3, 2011
New Recession?? We're still in the same one....

It gets better with this retired general and a small business owner:

http://www.morningstartv.com/oak-initiative/m...

&

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#15 Aug 3, 2011
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
We need elect every progressive that we can get!

Since: Apr 08

Mission Viejo, CA

#16 Aug 3, 2011
jack wrote:
With Obama and the democrats still trying to drive the economy off the cliff I don't expect much to change until after the 2012 elections if we can hold out that long.
Oh, if only we could be dealing with what Bush left, would be so much easier to deal with, what Bush left us was nothing compared to what Obama will leave us with in 2012
I think it is the opposite. It is the Republicans who trying to drive us over a cliff.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Aug 3, 2011
jack wrote:
We are dealing with what bush left us. bush drove the economy off a cliff and our car is now in pieces at the bottom of the ravine. The problem is Obama won't call for a tow truck, and won't do anything to get it running again. He claims the GOP spent all our money and now we don't have the funds to repair the car. He is right that the GOP doesn't want the car fixed, but that doesn't mean he has to do what they say.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 3, 2011
discocrisco wrote:
<quoted text>
We need elect every progressive that we can get!
I agree. I can't find any progressives in the democratic Party. Vote Green.
Ralph

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Aug 3, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
How about you get off your lazy azz and use your own money to start a green business.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#21 Aug 3, 2011
Sure, just what the Republicans are wishing for,
a deeper, longer recession. Maybe a depression with lots of pain for tens of millions their fellow Americans. Their fellow Americans? Not quite correct. Republicans have no fellow Americans other than their corporate pay masters. That's their constituency. They are not the least bit interested in the American people, nor are they the least bit interested in deficits. Their whole song and dance about deficits and debt levels is pure hokum.

The Republicans are the biggest spenders and budget busters in history. Bush.....$6.5 trillion in deficits, all rubber-stamped by the Republicans.
And all on top of the $5 trillion in deficits left by the preceding two Republican administrations.
I say hang 'em. They're useless to this country.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#22 Aug 3, 2011
Eleanor wrote:
Statistically, about two years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min Drumpf Disaster 8,512
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Agents of Corruption 1,521,944
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Lock em up 265,189
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Justice Dale 240,346
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 7 hr spocko 1,531
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 7 hr Human 190
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 13 hr Lottery Traitors 107
More from around the web