Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Bellweather

Minneapolis, MN

#35456 Jul 29, 2014
burger queen wrote:
<quoted text>
100+degree in AZ wet iball!! Almanac Gore is ok!;-00
Az is desert!!

In the 40s in Minnesota..
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35458 Jul 30, 2014
Passions heated over proposed EPA rule on plant emissions:

As a part of its controversial proposed rule to limit carbon emissions from existing power plants, the EPA held simultaneous public comment sessions in Washington, Atlanta and Denver Tuesday. The comments, designed to help shape the formulation of the final rule, may have complicated that task, given the often diametrically opposed opinions expressed.

At the Washington event, one of the speakers, Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., told the panel, "The planet is running a fever and there are no emergency rooms."
His admonition to address the urgent climate crisis contrasted with satellite data that shows no global surface warming for 17 years and 10 months. That, in turn, is at odds with NASA's findings that 2013 tied as the seventh warmest year since 1880.

Also at the Washington event, Anne Burchard of the Sierra Club warned climate change-induced extreme weather was already upon us. "We no longer need storms or hurricanes to produce flooding - it is becoming an everyday occurrence, "she said.

Contradicting her remark was NOAA data that shows tornado intensity and frequency well below normal, and other records that show the US in a hurricane drought

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/30/pa...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#35459 Jul 30, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
AGW has produced 80+degF temperatures into the Arctic in most of July, the energy pushing much Arctic cold to the south, causing record cold temperatures. At other times, the Arctic cold fronts mix with heat from the south, storms, tornadoes in unlikely areas, & temperatures causing record forest fires, have resulted.
I'm glad you agree.
Proof?

dope, here's what you read:

DMI data on Arctic temperatures: Hide the Increase?
www.skepticalscience.com/print.php...
Skeptical Science
From DMI we learn, that Arctic 80N-90N temperatures in the melt season this ... in the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) list above 80 degrees North is ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#35460 Jul 30, 2014
Conflicting Summer Temperatures in the Arctic?
August 22, 2010; 5:46 PM
According to a majority of sources, the Arctic region has been experiencing the greatest increase in temperatures since the 1990's. Most sources, including satellite also showed that the Arctic was still above-normal in terms of temperature so far this summer.

On the other hand, when you look at the Danish Meteorological Institute's (DMI) Center for Ocean and Ice website, it shows that the summer north of the 80th parallel has been the coolest since records were kept going back to 1958.

ooops!

“you know i know”

denver

#35461 Jul 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Having you heard about the dice of the man-made climate change?
Can you predict what's next other than extremes anywhere?
No one can predict future weather, including warmer hysterics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#35462 Jul 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
HAHAHAHA credibility is another c-word.
IPCC where CC stands for climate change, duh formany years. look it up @
ipcc.ch
High of 68 in Denver today, globull warming?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“you know i know”

denver

#35463 Jul 30, 2014
burger queen wrote:
<quoted text>
;) the Black hole are two part; one is in time & other in space!! here read more @ www.astronomy.net
btw, SH speeched in ASU paper: dear alien for U to write!!!!!
No black holes in my neighborhood, I'll be fine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“So Long Friends”

Since: Oct 10

Screw the Rest of You

#35464 Jul 30, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>okay. how much will global temperatures rise with an additional 30 ppm co2 and an increase of 7% atmospheric methane?
water vapor remains constant....
i'll wait for your answer.
i already know what it will be......but i'm throwing you a bone, boy.
LOL...I'm waiting for you to post an assertion which is meaningful, and support it. I'm not answering questions you got off the internet, troll.

Your "bone" is about an inch-and-a-half long, boy, and you can barely find it to beat it off.:)

“So Long Friends”

Screw the Rest of You

#35465 Jul 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can predict future weather, including warmer hysterics.
STFU, birfer idiot Rightie Jesus freak. You have no credibility here, never have.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“So Long Friends”

Screw the Rest of You

#35466 Jul 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Conflicting Summer Temperatures in the Arctic?
August 22, 2010; 5:46 PM
According to a majority of sources, the Arctic region has been experiencing the greatest increase in temperatures since the 1990's. Most sources, including satellite also showed that the Arctic was still above-normal in terms of temperature so far this summer.
On the other hand, when you look at the Danish Meteorological Institute's (DMI) Center for Ocean and Ice website, it shows that the summer north of the 80th parallel has been the coolest since records were kept going back to 1958.
ooops!
Individual years may of course show warmer or cooler temperatures even as long-term temperatures rise.

"If you look at the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) analysis of the Arctic sea surface temperature anomalies for the Arctic and specifically 80 degrees on north for both June and July (see images below) you can see that surface temperatures were for the most part estimated to be warmer than normal."

As Hansen says:

"even though in certain cases it might be more accurate to use reanalysis rather than extrapolate observations, I prefer not to mix observations and models. Sometimes the extrapolations will be off in one direction and sometimes in another. If the weather patterns are such that there is a cool pool in the central Arctic, then our extrapolation is likely to misrepresent the situation. So I don't intend to leave the impression that I think it is accurate in individual situations, but I think that, on the average, it is better than omitting the Arctic, thus implicitly assuming that it has the same tendency as the average of all global regions with data."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“So Long Friends”

Screw the Rest of You

#35467 Jul 30, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
...blah, blah, blah.....Also at the Washington event, Anne Burchard of the Sierra Club warned climate change-induced extreme weather was already upon us. "We no longer need storms or hurricanes to produce flooding - it is becoming an everyday occurrence, "she said.
Contradicting her remark was NOAA data that shows tornado intensity and frequency well below normal, and other records that show the US in a hurricane drought
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/30/pa...
Um, dumbasses (you and Faux News), how is saying "We no longer need storms or hurricanes to produce flooding" contradicted by claims of a decrease in "tornado intensity and frequency...[or] a hurricane drought?"

DAMN you are ignorant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#35469 Jul 30, 2014
harm on us wrote:
it shows that the summer north of the 80th parallel has been the coolest since records were kept going back to 1958.
"watts up with dat" has been talkin' of the cold Arctic summer fer a while(one degree below average?). Of course, "watts up with dat" don' make no reference to the Arctic during the rest of the year, when burgeoning temperatures, sometimes reach 16degC(29degF) over average. Plus, "watts up with dat" don' make no noise that for 140+ straight days, Arctic temperatures were over normal temperatures. & "watts up with dat" didn't mention those AGW enhanced Arctic warm fronts pushing Arctic cold fronts to the south(as far as Mexico, Central America, south China, India, Iran, Iraq, northern Africa), causing cold temperature records.

Yeah, "harm on us" causes harm on us by NOT mentioning AGW enhanced warm fronts, gis like its savior, "watts up with dat".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Everett, WA

#35470 Jul 30, 2014
harm on us wrote:
High of 68 in Denver today, globull warming?
Yellowknife, Canada......26degc(79degF). Areas in the Arctic have been jumping to 80-85degF through much of July. No question mark. AGW.....Global warming is the correct spelling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#35474 Jul 31, 2014
scirocco wrote:
SOLAR ACTIVITY - NOT CO2 - COULD CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING, NEW PAPER SAYS
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/201...
Arf, some said: "A stronger Sun actually cools the Earth" (06 Oct 2010)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/...
New Little Ice Age in store?(15 Jun 2011) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
and right now:The globally averaged temperature over land and ocean surfaces for June 2014 was the record highest for June.(July 21, 2014)
LIbEralS

Saint Paul, MN

#35475 Jul 31, 2014
The tolerant left - media:

CNN Anchor Bill Weir to Fox Nation:‘You Willfully Ignorant F*cksticks’

It’s safe to say CNN anchor Bill Weir is not a fan of climate change deniers.

On Thursday, the Twitter account for Fox Nation, a blog run by Fox News, tweeted a link to a post headlined,“Climate Doesn’t Cooperate With Al Gore’s Group’s Visit to Denver EPA Hearings.”

The story, aggregated from the Washington Times, relates to a Denver visit by former Vice President Al Gore‘s “Climate Reality Project” for EPA hearings on power plant emissions.

The group showed up to hand out ice cream even though it was 58 degrees.

Weir retweeted the link, with his own comment:“Weather is not climate, you willfully ignorant fucksticks.”

We’ve requested comment from CNN.

Tweet below:
Weather is not climate, you willfully ignorant f*cksticks. MT @foxnation: Climate Doesn’t Cooperate With Al Gore

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-anchor-bill-we...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#35477 Jul 31, 2014
Look at the level of desperation on the part of deniers. They even reject the truth that America loves ice cream 24/7 @365 days a year.

Well, science is not a denier of truth. Man-made climate change is raging whether these deniers acknowledge it or not.
links

Corsicana, TX

#35478 Jul 31, 2014

“So Long Friends”

Screw the Rest of You

#35479 Jul 31, 2014
LIbEralS wrote:
The tolerant left - media:
CNN Anchor Bill Weir to Fox Nation:‘You Willfully Ignorant F*cksticks’
It’s safe to say CNN anchor Bill Weir is not a fan of climate change deniers.
On Thursday, the Twitter account for Fox Nation, a blog run by Fox News, tweeted a link to a post headlined,“Climate Doesn’t Cooperate With Al Gore’s Group’s Visit to Denver EPA Hearings.”
The story, aggregated from the Washington Times, relates to a Denver visit by former Vice President Al Gore‘s “Climate Reality Project” for EPA hearings on power plant emissions.
The group showed up to hand out ice cream even though it was 58 degrees.
Weir retweeted the link, with his own comment:“Weather is not climate, you willfully ignorant fucksticks.”
We’ve requested comment from CNN.
Tweet below:
Weather is not climate, you willfully ignorant f*cksticks. MT @foxnation: Climate Doesn’t Cooperate With Al Gore
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-anchor-bill-we...
Moonie Times is not a reliable source of information. Try again, asshat.

“So Long Friends”

Screw the Rest of You

#35480 Jul 31, 2014
Oh, and f---stick?

Weather is STILL not climate, whatever you think Al Gore said or didn't say.

:)
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#35481 Jul 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Look at the level of ....
hypocrisy on the part of the warmists.

Just look at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min red and right 187,812
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Limbertwig 180,289
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min DEATH 1,223,982
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 4 hr DUHH 5
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel 12 hr RayOne 2
News Party faithful watch as Hillary Clinton fights ... (Mar '08) 12 hr RayOne 36
News Smile. We love you. We hate you. At the same time (Jul '09) 16 hr Kiss Me Quick 44
More from around the web