Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37509 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Dec 06

Charlie's

#32469 Mar 23, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Right, because the heat trapping property of man made CO2 is most easily seen at the poles or the dead of night when we're sleeping.
Your faith in castrophic man made climate change arcana is remarkable. Keep it up!
Climate is the system that moves heat from the equator, where sunlight always strikes straight on, to the poles, where sunlight always glances past.
I don't believe, I study. The following illustration
http://donpanic.org/IMG/AtmosphereEarth.png
shows that if the surface of the planet receives less solar light energy the closer you are at Pole, at the opposite, should atmosphere contain GHG, warming of the atmosphere by direct solar infrared rays is the highest close and over pole.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Charlie's

#32470 Mar 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
Most english speaking peoples, who know science, understand you very well.
Most english speaking peoples, who are slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, & who had no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, make strong efforts NOT to understand you.
Thanks
I've not many diplomas, nevertheless I've been taught to think by myself and polar region atmospheric warming by direct solar IR http://donpanic.org/IMG/AtmosphereEarth.png is of my personnal reflection
SpaceBlues

United States

#32471 Mar 23, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
shows that if the surface of the planet receives less solar light energy the closer you are at Pole, at the opposite, should atmosphere contain GHG, warming of the atmosphere by direct solar infrared rays is the highest close and over pole.
Some in the US use wrongly "feeling" and or "believing" for 'thinking.'

This is to ponder: The authors warn that some other climate change effects will be global. "Climate change throughout the 21st century will lead to increases in ill-health in many regions, as compared to a baseline without climate change," the report states. "Examples include greater likelihood of injury, disease, and death due to more intense heatwaves and fires; increased likelihood of under-nutrition resulting from diminished food production in poor regions; and increased risks from food-borne and water-borne disease."

Other potential crises highlighted by the report include the likelihood that yields of major crops such as wheat, rice and maize are likely to decline at rates of up to 2% a decade, at a time when demands for these crops – triggered by world population increases – are likely to rise by 14%. At the same time, coral reefs face devastating destruction triggered by increasing amounts of carbon dioxide dissolving in sea water and acidifying Earth's oceans.

The report makes grim reading. "This comprehensive scientific assessment makes clear that climate change is having a growing impact in the UK and around the world, and that the risks of catastrophic consequences increase every day as more greenhouse gas pollution is pumped into the atmosphere. I hope David Cameron will read this report and understand the huge dangers of delaying the bigger cuts in emissions that are required to protect our children, grandchildren and future generations against this devastating threat," said Bob Ward, policy and communications director at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#32472 Mar 23, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha
In Texas, North is called West Texas.
So in hysterical world Amarillo is in west Texas? Take 2 Midols and go to bed.

Then read this:

Check out Al Gore’s quotes…predictions/factoids… and see how they have held up to fact checking:

#1 In 2008, Al Gore boldly declared to a German audience that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”(Needless to say, that did not happen. In fact, the ice cap in the Arctic actually got larger this year.)

#2 “CO2 is the exhaling breath of our civilization, literally.… Changing that pattern requires a scope, a scale, a speed of change that is beyond what we have done in the past.”(Actually, without carbon dioxide life on earth would not exist.)

#3 “The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don’t say,‘Well, I read a science fiction novel that told me it’s not a problem.’ If the crib’s on fire, you don’t speculate that the baby is flame retardant. You take action.”(It sounds like what Al Gore really needs is more cowbell.)

#4 During a speech at NYU Law School in 2006, Al Gore made the following statement:“Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several “tipping points” that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization.”

#5 “Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real.”

#6 “The interior of the earth is extremely hot – several million degrees.”(It actually peaks out at about 11,000 degrees.)

#7 “There is an air of unreality in debating these arcane points when the world is changing in such dramatic ways right in front of our eyes because of global warming.”

#8 “It would be an enormous relief if the recent attacks on the science of global warming actually indicated that we do not face an unimaginable calamity requiring large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization as we know it.”

#9 “The survival of the United States of America as we know it is at risk. And even more — if more should be required — the future of human civilization is at stake.”

#10 “We ought to approach this challenge [of global warming] with a sense of profound joy and gratitude: that we are the generation about which, a thousand years from now, philharmonic orchestras and poets and singers will celebrate by saying, they were the ones that found it within themselves to solve this crisis and lay the basis for a bright and optimistic human future.”

As time goes by, the scientific evidence continues to mount. It is becoming painfully evident that the theory of man-made global warming simply is not true.

“you know i know”

denver

#32474 Mar 23, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost all theories has opponents, willng full scientific consensus, so what ?
Forecasts bound for 50 years ahead isn't that fear mongering.
As for the Dutch policy at sea rise, these fierce sea dykers prepare slowly and fearlessly for an end of century 15 feet sea rise
A coming catastrophe, the seas have already risen an alarming 700,000 nanometers.

“you know i know”

denver

#32475 Mar 23, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Most english speaking peoples, who know science, understand you very well.
Most english speaking peoples, who are slimy steenking toxic topix AGW deniers, & who had no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaas, make strong efforts NOT to understand you.
These scientists understand all of that, you don't:

SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent ...
www.climatedepot.com/.../special-report-more-... ;
Dec 8, 2010 - More than 1,000 dissenting scientists (updates previous 700 ... of over 400 scientists who voiced skepticism about the so-called global warming ...

More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent over Man-Made ...
scienceandpublicpolicy.org/.../1000_s...&... ;
Science and Public Policy Institute
Feb 2, 2012 - More than 1,000 dissenting scientists (updates previous 700 scientist ... now challenged man-made global warming claims made by the United ...

US SENATE : 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made ...
climatism.wordpress.com/.../us-senate-650-int... ;
Oct 1, 2013 - scientists who don't buy into anthropogenic global warming.... Over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe challenged man-made ...

Charlie's

#32476 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
A coming catastrophe, the seas have already risen an alarming 700,000 nanometers.
http://climatecrocks.com/2014/01/17/beach-ero...
and I trust more my datas than your's: http://donpanic.org/IMG/SeaLevelRise.png sorry

Charlie's

#32477 Mar 24, 2014
harmonious wrote:
SPECIAL REPORT: More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent ...
There are scientists by dozens thousands, so what ?

Charlie's

#32479 Mar 24, 2014
Spacieuses wrote:
Some in the US use wrongly "feeling" and or "believing" for 'thinking.'
I know, an usual polemic trick, the religion believers call lack of belief a belief, Cepanoos call a statement of facts or datas a belief, don't worry about that, I can dissect any rethorical stratagem, I'm skilled with scalpel or X-Acto blades
SpaceBlues wrote:
This is to ponder: The authors warn that some other climate change effects will be global. "Climate change throughout the 21st century will lead to increases in ill-health in many regions, as compared to a baseline without climate change," the report states. "Examples include greater likelihood of injury, disease, and death due to more intense heatwaves and fires; increased likelihood of under-nutrition resulting from diminished food production in poor regions; and increased risks from food-borne and water-borne disease."
Shouldn't climate change leads to warmer temperatures as well as more humid a climate?
SpaceBlues wrote:
Other potential crises highlighted by the report include the likelihood that yields of major crops such as wheat, rice and maize are likely to decline at rates of up to 2% a decade, at a time when demands for these crops – triggered by world population increases – are likely to rise by 14%.
I'm skeptic at such predictions, we can try other feeding plants than cereals, tropical resistant ones, agriculture is turning at out-soil and controled growth, we can progress with GMOs, and maybe farmers will realize that gardening type agriculture is in fine more productive than doped with fertilizers and pesticides.
SpaceBlues wrote:
At the same time, coral reefs face devastating destruction triggered by increasing amounts of carbon dioxide dissolving in sea water and acidifying Earth's oceans.
It seems that corals are already moving at North in Northern hemisphere and southward in southern hemisphere, for the rest, I admit having no idea about how the plancton will react to acidification, nevertheless I worry about oxygen producing phytoplancton because it likes cold water, I suppose that it uses difference of potential [solar light warmed part of them] and [cold part of them] as thermocouple energy source
Spacieuses wrote:
The report makes grim reading. "This comprehensive scientific assessment makes clear that climate change is having a growing impact in the UK and around the world, and that the risks of catastrophic consequences increase every day as more greenhouse gas pollution is pumped into the atmosphere. I hope David Cameron will read this report and understand the huge dangers of delaying the bigger cuts in emissions that are required to protect our children, grandchildren and future generations against this devastating threat," said Bob Ward, policy and communications director at the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change.
Though France hasn't such coastal length as UK, we have been stroken hard by the most tempestuous winter we have lived from 2013 december to 2014 March, with significant shorelines erosion and withdrawal
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#32480 Mar 24, 2014
GENEVA (Reuters)- There has been no reverse in the trend of global warming and there is still consistent evidence for man-made climate change, the head of the U.N. World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) said on Monday.

A slow-down in the average pace of warming at the planet's surface this century has been cited by "climate skeptics" as evidence that climate change is not happening at the potentially catastrophic rate predicted by a U.N. panel of scientists.

But U.N. weather agency chief Michel Jarraud said ocean temperatures, in particular, were rising fast, and extreme weather events, forecast by climate scientists, showed climate change was inevitable for the coming centuries.

"There is no standstill in global warming," Jarraud said as he presented the WMO's annual review of the world's climate which concluded that 2013 tied with 2007 as the sixth hottest year since 1850 when recording of annual figures began.

"The warming of our oceans has accelerated, and at lower depths. More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans.

"Levels of these greenhouse gases are at a record, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come. The laws of physics are non-negotiable," Jarraud told a news conference.

The 21-page survey said the global land and sea surface temperature in 2013 was 14.5 degrees Celsius (58.1 Fahrenheit), or 0.50C (0.90F) above the 1961-90 average. It was also 0.03C (0.05F) up on the average for 2001-2010.

The WMO's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate, pointed to droughts, heatwaves, rising seas, floods and tropical cyclones around the globe last year as evidence of what the future might hold.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#32482 Mar 24, 2014
Trigger wrote:
Sure is cold out.
Breaking ALL TIME RECORDS for cold temps.
Guess it's Global Warming???
Ha HA HA HA HA Ha, any more jokes?
You phocking idiots!!
GENEVA (Reuters)- There has been no reverse in the trend of global warming and there is still consistent evidence for man-made climate change, the head of the U.N. World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) said on Monday.

A slow-down in the average pace of warming at the planet's surface this century has been cited by "climate skeptics" as evidence that climate change is not happening at the potentially catastrophic rate predicted by a U.N. panel of scientists.

But U.N. weather agency chief Michel Jarraud said ocean temperatures, in particular, were rising fast, and extreme weather events, forecast by climate scientists, showed climate change was inevitable for the coming centuries.

"There is no standstill in global warming," Jarraud said as he presented the WMO's annual review of the world's climate which concluded that 2013 tied with 2007 as the sixth hottest year since 1850 when recording of annual figures began.

"The warming of our oceans has accelerated, and at lower depths. More than 90 percent of the excess energy trapped by greenhouse gases is stored in the oceans.

"Levels of these greenhouse gases are at a record, meaning that our atmosphere and oceans will continue to warm for centuries to come. The laws of physics are non-negotiable," Jarraud told a news conference.

The 21-page survey said the global land and sea surface temperature in 2013 was 14.5 degrees Celsius (58.1 Fahrenheit), or 0.50C (0.90F) above the 1961-90 average. It was also 0.03C (0.05F) up on the average for 2001-2010.

The WMO's Annual Statement on the Status of the Climate, pointed to droughts, heatwaves, rising seas, floods and tropical cyclones around the globe last year as evidence of what the future might hold.

Charlie's

#32484 Mar 24, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Cassandra was right, but she was condemned to never be trusted.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#32485 Mar 24, 2014
Trigger wrote:
Sure is cold out.
Breaking ALL TIME RECORDS for cold temps.
Guess it's Global Warming???
Ha HA HA HA HA Ha, any more jokes?
You phocking idiots!!
cont'd:

It was issued on the eve of a conference bringing climate scientists together with officials from over 100 governments in Japan from March 25-29 to approve a report on the effects of future global warming and how these might be mitigated.

A draft of this report, from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), says global warming will disrupt food supplies, slow world economic growth and may already be causing irreversible damage to nature.

The chair of the IPCC, Rajendra Pachauri, told Reuters last week that the report made even more compelling the scientific arguments for a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions.

Some 200 countries have agreed to try to limit global warming to less than 2.0 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial times, largely by cutting emissions from burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas.

Skeptics argue that changes in global weather are the product of natural fluctuations or other natural causes.

But such arguments were rejected by Jarraud.

Natural phenomena like volcanoes or the El Nino/La Nina weather patterns originating in Pacific Ocean temperature changes had always framed the planet's climate, affecting heat levels and disasters like drought and floods, he said.

"But many of the extreme events of 2013 were consistent with what we would expect as a result of human-induced climate change," declared the WMO chief, pointing to the destruction wreaked by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

Another example was the record hot summer of 2012-13 in Australia which brought huge bush fires and destruction of property. Computer simulations showed the heat wave was 5 times as likely under human influence on climate, Jarraud said.

Among other extreme events of 2013 probably due to climate change were winter freezes in the U.S. south-east and Europe, heavy rains and floods in north-east China and eastern Russia, snow across the Middle East and drought in south-east Africa.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32486 Mar 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
Greenhouse Gases help protect life on Earth. Without CO2, we'd all be dead. Don't panic, learn about the scientific method and how its used to test theories. Then wait for the first experimental test of man made global warming or climate change mitigation before you leap.

Charlie's

#32487 Mar 25, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Greenhouse Gases help protect life on Earth. Without CO2, we'd all be dead.
Platitude isn't argument
Brian_G wrote:
Don't panic, learn about the scientific method and how its used to test theories.
Didn't wait for your pathetic advice
Scientific method is watching facts, emitting theories and watch if predictions can be confirmed in reasonnable range of accuracy
Brian_G wrote:
Then wait for the first experimental test of man made global warming or climate change mitigation before you leap.
And if the result of experimentation is confirmed, it'll damned too late to leap, stupid !

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#32489 Mar 25, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Platitude isn't argument
<quoted text>
Didn't wait for your pathetic advice
Scientific method is watching facts, emitting theories and watch if predictions can be confirmed in reasonnable range of accuracy
<quoted text>
And if the result of experimentation is confirmed, it'll damned too late to leap, stupid !
predictions have all been overestimated.....don't be afraid. besides, co2 is a minor trace gas....not a climate driver.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#32490 Mar 25, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>predictions have all been overestimated.....don't be afraid. besides, co2 is a minor trace gas....not a climate driver.
It's night in Paris. So I'll reply until 'Don' joins the forum tomorrow.

Actually, much is underestimated but predictions improve every day with science progress.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, duh. It's thus the man-made global warming that is driving the global climate change, sealevel rise, floods, droughts, species, etc while CO2 has additional effects like ocean acidification.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ocean-acidifi...
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#32492 Mar 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel much better knowing measured CO2 levels were different.
I suppose we can forget for a moment the Earth is an open system and the CO2 levels change naturally all the time.
Where's litesong? Here's another denier w/o hs diploma!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#32493 Mar 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>It's night in Paris. So I'll reply until 'Don' joins the forum tomorrow.
you think you're smart enough to speak for 'don'?

lol

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#32494 Mar 25, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Where's litesong? Here's another denier w/o hs diploma!
and what is your degree(s) in, son?
be honest!
btw.....fail.
you don't bring anymore to the thread than anyone else either, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,658,866
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Chicagoan by Birth 243,097
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 3 hr ardith 8,794
News Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) Dec 13 ardith 153
News Palin: Democrats spreading misinformation and lies (Sep '08) Dec 12 Palmermomma 11
News In Political Ads, Christian Left Mounts Sermoni... (Jul '09) Dec 12 Faith In GAWD 2
News Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party? (Jan '08) Dec 9 was auch immer 29,315
More from around the web