Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30393 Nov 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If man made CO2 causes climate change then we're already mitigating against global cooling, the well known ice age climate scenario. If you'd like to mitigate against global cooling, maybe you could cite a peer reviewed experiment that demonstrates climate change mitigation, or man made global climate change. Maybe not.
You slipped up again, lyin brian.

Your statement was "...that CO2 was in the air before and we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good."

You didn't say "if man-made CO2 causes climate change then we're just putting it back into the light so it can do some good."

You have said many times that you want to stay warm and you love CO2. You know CO2 causes climate change. You know good and damn well you're a lying sack of shit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30394 Nov 12, 2013
Doggie wrote:
Al Gore admitted he lied about Global warming. He did it to make BILLIONS on his books.
He's following in Obama's footsteps as a bold face lier.
Let's see the quotes. Can you bring them up?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Monroe, WA

#30395 Nov 12, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
lips on November 12, 2013 at 4:04 pm
shutterstock_80468743
CREDIT: Shutterstock
The redistribution of rainfall predicted by climate change modeling is playing out in real life, a new study by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory has found.
The research, published Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is the first study to find the signal of climate change in global precipitation shifts across land and sea. According to The Australian, large-scale studies to date have overlooked the 77 percent of global rainfall that occurs over the oceans.
The initial change has resulted in wet areas, such as the tropics, becoming wetter, while drier regions such as deserts have become more arid. The effect is expected to worsen as climate change continues to worsen.
According to the study, greenhouse gasses affect the distribution of precipitation through two mechanisms. Increasing temperatures that are expected to make wet regions wetter and dry regions drier (thermodynamic changes) and changes in atmospheric circulation patterns will push storm tracks and subtropical dry zones toward the poles.
“Both these changes are occurring simultaneously in global precipitation and this behavior cannot be explained by natural variability alone,” said lead author Kate Marvel.“External influences such as the increase in greenhouse gases are responsible for the changes.”
& an independent local area survey of Puget Sound bears out the above:
//////////
Our Pacific Northwest seems to be bearing this fact out in river ebbs & flows, as this Skykomish River historical assessment indicates:
http://www.nichols.edu/departments/glacier/sk ...

Winters, traditionally wetter, are now more wet, as the river flow indicates.
Summers, traditionally drier, are now drier, as the river flow indicates.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Warming

Waverly, OH

#30398 Nov 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
Our Pacific Northwest seems to be bearing this fact out in river ebbs & flows, as this Skykomish River historical assessment indicates:
Your link didn't work for me, I'm wondering why not trust the annual precip. measurements ? Hard to say what various counties may be doing that affect the river, I'm sure someone knows, yet that rain gauge wont lie.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#30399 Nov 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
It's always been pretty wet in Mississippi (56" a year in my hometown) and it seems to be getting wetter. It seems like we have more nighttime rain now and that we have more deluges.

But I don't know. I could be entirely subjective. I am trying to find historical reports for my location which may only go back to 1942.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30400 Nov 13, 2013
heavytune wrote:
gee wizz 'brian', all of the tons of liquid oxygen that nasa stole out of the air without anyones permission, for their space shuttle launches should be considered. but of course, that was for science, so it was ok. rising levels of other gasses were not effected by the removal of billions of tons of oxygen in gas form from the atmosphere that they liquidfied and burned in the space shuttle launches without permission of the worlds people. yep, there is no experimental proof. only in frankinstein movies does science go wrong. they know what they are doing.
Every space launch was based on previous experimental tests; the science of rocketry is more than a thousand years old.

Do you know what the scientific method is?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
B as in B S as in S

Minneapolis, MN

#30401 Nov 13, 2013
T minus 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "warming" isn't being caused by man...
Man-made CO2 isn't physically capable of absorbing much more than
two-thousandths of the radiated heat (IR) passing upward through the atmosphere.
And, if all of the available heat in that spectrum is indeed being captured by the current CO2 levels before leaving the atmosphere, then adding more CO2 to the atmosphere won't matter a bit.
In short, the laws of physics don't allow CO2 it's currently assumed place as a significant "greenhouse gas" based on present concentrations. The other "greenhouse gases" such as methane, nitrous oxide, tetrafluoromethane, hexafluoroethane, sulfur hexafluoride, trifluoromethane, 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, and 1,1-difluoroethane exist only in extraordinarily smaller amounts and aren't even up for serious discussion by any segment of the scientific community. And, since the other components of the atmosphere (oxygen, nitrogen, and water vapor) aren't materially affected by human activity, the "greenhouse effect" is essentially a totally natural phenomenon, unaffected by human activity. We could repeat the spectral analysis and calculations for Oxygen, or O2 ( The percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere remains exactly the same at all heights up to about 85 km, and is about 20.9% by volume ) and Nitrogen (N2) which is the whopper at 78.1%- but we won't. Just look up the atomic absorption spectra for both, and do the math. You'll discover that Oxygen and Nitrogen aren't even "greenhouse gases", so that leaves the principal greenhouse gas... you guessed it.... Water Vapor. Curiously enough, the UN IPCC reports don't even mention water vapor, since it is technically not a "gas" in the atmosphere.
It can safely be ball parked that water vapor as being responsible for more than 95% of all the greenhouse effect, with oxygen and nitrogen playing no role and carbon dioxide being relatively insignificant... particularly the even smaller human-produced part.
Pesky science. How about someone responding with a little bullying. Failing that, perhaps one of you six could offer a few choice opinions to rebuke the facts.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30402 Nov 13, 2013
A lonely denier feels alone, ahhhhhhhhh. Hey, why don't you convert to science?

P.S. It's easy for me to say, huh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
heavytune

Seattle, WA

#30403 Nov 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Every space launch was based on previous experimental tests; the science of rocketry is more than a thousand years old.
Do you know what the scientific method is?
good point 'brian', but this rocketry of space launch was the only one to use liquid oxygen to burn holes through the sky, way funny the same agency sounded the arlarm bells. imagine if you will,'brian',huge machines, set up to collect and liquidify, oxygen, to burn away. millions of tons of oxygen. for science? did they ask you if they could take your oxygen? did they ask anyone? did burning holes through the sky with the stolen worlds supply of oxygen benefit anyone? was the scientific method even used in the theft of the worlds oxygen? gee wizz.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30405 Nov 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey, why don't you convert to science?
P.S. It's easy for me to say, huh?
LOL
Yeah, space cadet, it is easy for you to say that.
It seems impossible for you to do though.

It was also easy for you to claim Mann won a Nobel, but it was pretty difficult for you to prove that canard, too!
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30406 Nov 14, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Yeah, space cadet, it is easy for you to say that.
It seems impossible for you to do though.
It was also easy for you to claim Mann won a Nobel, but it was pretty difficult for you to prove that canard, too!
LOL
LOL.. LOL. LOL... hahahahahahahaha

What do you know in science? Not a morsel, looking at your history here.

As to Professor Mann he's still a nobel-winning scientist as I posted and explained how many times before. But you change my words and don't comprehend English language. Like you did again. Aren't you lovely?

Hence, contrary to your objection with "never" you are proven to be a 'serial sensationalist.'

BWAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#30407 Nov 14, 2013
Scientists Confirm World's Oldest Creature...But Kill it Determining Its Age
by JON DAVID KAHN 14 Nov 2013, 6:09 AM PDT
In 2006, climate change experts from Bangor University in north Wales found a very special clam while dredging the seabeds of Iceland. At that time scientists counted the rings on the inside shell to determine that the clam was the ripe old age of 405. Unfortunately, by opening the clam which scientists refer to as "Ming," they killed it instantly....
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/11/14...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30408 Nov 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.. LOL. LOL... hahahahahahahaha
As to Professor Mann he's still a nobel-winning scientist...
Gawd! You're thick.

No he's not.

No matter how many times you say so, he isn't.

But go ahead, prove it.

Post a picture of his hold his Nobel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30409 Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30410 Nov 14, 2013
These science deniers have hysteria over any nobel prize. They go nuts over Al Gore's, the IPCC's [not a person but an organization representing contributors such as Professor Mann] due to their own denier ideology.

Of course, they could never contribute to such an endeavour.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30411 Nov 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
These science deniers have hysteria over any nobel prize. They go nuts over Al Gore's, the IPCC's [not a person but an organization representing contributors such as Professor Mann] due to their own denier ideology.
Of course, they could never contribute to such an endeavour.
Warmists are such lousy liars.

Mann didn't win a nobel. No matter how many times you say it, that won't change.

Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite. Warmists cannot admit that simple FACT.

But they do like to spin off on all kinds of "jealousy", "ant-science" screeds, treating skeptics of AGW as heretics.

And thereby giving credence to the 'global warming religion' argument.

Enjoy your hypocrisy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30412 Nov 14, 2013
Whiney troll plays hypocrisy. And judgeits!

Nice, LOL.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30413 Nov 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.. LOL. LOL... hahahahahahahaha
As to Professor Mann he's still a nobel-winning scientist as I posted and explained how many times before. But you change my words and don't comprehend English language. Like you did again. Aren't you lovely?
Hence, contrary to your objection with "never" you are proven to be a 'serial sensationalist.'
BWAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
LOL
You're a confirmed liar, and a hopeless idiot!!
LOL
God, you're an EASY mark!!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30414 Nov 14, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
You're a confirmed liar, and a hopeless idiot!!
LOL
God, you're an EASY mark!!
Whatever.. God? WOW.

Read my previous post, LOL.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#30416 Nov 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever.. God? WOW.
Read my previous post, LOL.
Why?

Now you're truthful?

"If you like your healthcare, you can keep it."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Guru 181,929
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Jay 165,614
Republicans in charge of Senate - but 2016 awaits 1 hr spocko 6
In 2016, Republicans will be fighting to hold S... 2 hr Squeaky Obama Squ... 7
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 5 hr Le Jimbo 279
Why Democrats Are So Confident 7 hr Bonnie 6
More from around the web