Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29265 Aug 18, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amory Lovins:
I recently wrote about—and debunked—the renewables “disinformation campaign” that spreads misinformed and falsely negative stories about the growth of renewable energy. A special focus of such disinformation has been reportage on Germany’s efficiency-and-renewables revolution. The impressive success so far of the German Energiewende (energy turnaround) is an important existence proof for the world, because Germany is cloudy, high-latitude, heavily industrialized, highly competitive (it rivals America’s merchandise exports with one-fourth its population), and the world’s fourth-biggest economy.
Perhaps because German success would therefore belie the supposed necessity of fossil-fuel and nuclear energy, some media regularly report the Energiewende’s failure or supposed impossibility. As Ihighlighted, Germany’s renewables revolution is in fact highly successful and strong as ever, but that hasn’t stopped three myths from gaining traction in the media: 1) Germany’s supposed turn back to coal, 2) how renewables undermine grid reliability, and 3) how renewables subsidies are cratering the German economy. None of those are true, and here’s why.
http://blog.rmi.org/separating_fact_from_fict...
Thanks for bringing it here.

I'm glad that Mr Lovins has seen the light re nuclear, again:

Germany’s renewable growth has more than offset nuclear shutdowns while efficiency has flattened or decreased electricity demand.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#29267 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>so......are you saying you supportthe rfs2 standards? are you a proponent of biodiesel and ethanol blended gasoline?
I don't know. What's rfs2 standards?

Not particularly.

I have a day job, sometimes, a house to finish, and a water leak to track down. My specialty is construction, not transportation.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#29269 Aug 18, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>who's facts, son?
There is only one set of real facts. And a lot of ignorance by those, who, like you, think they can make them up. Your 'facts' will never stand up to scrutiny the way that science will.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29270 Aug 18, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one set of real facts. And a lot of ignorance by those, who, like you, think they can make them up. Your 'facts' will never stand up to scrutiny the way that science will.
Give yourself another F for not comprehending the question. Oh, also five more rotting fish.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29272 Aug 19, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Give yourself another F for not comprehending the question. Oh, also five more rotting fish.
why are you so hard on "less hype"...after all he's on the same misguided team you are.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29273 Aug 19, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. What's rfs2 standards?
Not particularly.
I have a day job, sometimes, a house to finish, and a water leak to track down. My specialty is construction, not transportation.
in that case you may want to read up on the subject and get back to me. Rfs2 lays the groundwork for implementing the EPA mandates for renewable fuel use in the country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#29275 Aug 19, 2013
[QUOTE who="gall of obama's racist enemies"]Freezeing(sic) temps in South America, Canada, China,,
We are assuming the earth is WARMING!![/QUOTE]

Presently, South America is in its winter time temperatures.
Presently, the Canadian sun is 10 degrees lower in the sky than its highest, & days in high Canadian Arctic are no longer 24 hours a day........ temperatures are dropping. Surprise.

What is surprising, with similar conditions reigning in the Arctic Siberia, still long term temperatures on lands bordering the Arctic Ocean have been mid-20degC(79 degF).
Long term temperatures above the Siberian Arctic Circle have recently been 29degC(84degF).

The assumptions of toxic topix AGW deniers are never based on science, because the vast majority of toxic topix AGW deniers are under-educated(non-educated) in science & mathematics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#29276 Aug 19, 2013
middleofthedownwronggully wrote:
...... when asked a direct question!!!
LMAO@UA
"middleofthedownwronggull y" never asked questions in its science & mathematics classes, because it never took science & mathematics questions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#29279 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
okay....i get it!!! you people don't want to give your opinion about rfs because you supported it then, but you don't support it now?
bwwwaaaakkkk bwaaak bwaaak
George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are out of office six years ,but still 'fracking' the American people and getting richer for it. WTF!
PLEASE SHARE, PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!
Texas towns are now running out of water. Fracking will destroy our earth and our water supply. Let's look at why:
HALLIBURTON LOOPHOLE: http://longmontroar.org/regulations/halliburt...
DEREGULATION: http://thefbm.com/2012/01/24/the-unregulated-...
BUSH BUYS AQUIFER AFTER DEREGULATING FRACKING:
http://pimpinturtle.com/2008/07/31/bush-buys-...
POLLUTED WATER FROM FRACKING:
www.youtube.com/watch...
THIRTY TOWNS WILL BE OUT OF WATER BY 2014:
http://gas2.org/2013/08/16/texas-is-fracked-m...
PLUTOCRATS DENYING OUR RIGHTS EXTEND TO WATER NOW:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-mcgraw/n...

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29280 Aug 19, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are out of office six years ,but still 'fracking' the American people and getting richer for it. WTF!
PLEASE SHARE, PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THIS!!!!
Texas towns are now running out of water. Fracking will destroy our earth and our water supply. Let's look at why:
HALLIBURTON LOOPHOLE: http://longmontroar.org/regulations/halliburt...
DEREGULATION: http://thefbm.com/2012/01/24/the-unregulated-...
BUSH BUYS AQUIFER AFTER DEREGULATING FRACKING:
http://pimpinturtle.com/2008/07/31/bush-buys-...
POLLUTED WATER FROM FRACKING:
www.youtube.com/watch...
THIRTY TOWNS WILL BE OUT OF WATER BY 2014:
http://gas2.org/2013/08/16/texas-is-fracked-m...
PLUTOCRATS DENYING OUR RIGHTS EXTEND TO WATER NOW:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-mcgraw/n...
and all this has something to do with rfs2........how?
Lol
Do you even know?
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29281 Aug 19, 2013
Dear Terminally Stupid,
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>provide one name of a scientist who has PROVEN what you claim....or just shut up, idiot.
Well, I should have known it wasn't to be the last time:

"And one last time for the terminally stupid - Proofs are for mathematics, you moron."

You'll post anything, even if it makes you look dumber than a sack of hammers, rather than admit any defeat - or even just S'ingTFU.

What a troll.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29282 Aug 19, 2013
heavy tune wrote:
<quoted text>oh my,'obama', if only I could get a government grant, I could study that. meanwhile, patently wrong, nonsensical arguements ad nauseum are the trademark of the global warming hysterics. of course I would need a government grant to prove that within 97%, which would not be easy, with todays weather being the same as historical records and all, and the repeat of cycles and stuff. a government grant, with predeterminded outcomes, prewritten in the grant, is the only way that any sort of study can take place. I am 97% sure you will agree. however, we must act before the weather changes for the worst. I have reopened our e-mail account so you can send the funding. remember,'obama' fairy tales cancome true, it can happen to you.
TRANS: "Science is a global conspiracy. Listen to the fossil fuel funded "think tanks"; they're as pure as the driven snow,"
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29283 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think a tax can alter climate any more than i think a tax will make it rain. if you have a good theory counter to my position.....conduct an experiment and prove me wrong.
Of course you do, you're just too dishonest to admit that basic logic, applied to your own claims, demands it. You admit that without enough CO2 in the atmosphere, the reduced GHE would lead to a snowball Earth event, therefore, you admit to CO2 being a powerful GHG.

You also admit to (if only by refusing to acknowledge all references posted) that CO2 is up drastically in a geological blink of an eye and accelerating, therefore, you admit that the rising CO2 should, in fact, be causing warming.

You repeatedly express great concern (concern trolling) about the effects on climate of reducing this unprecedented increase, thereby admitting in yet another way that you accept that CO2 is at least potentially dangerous to the climate.

Basic logic and the laws of cause and effect demand that:

If "A causes B" is TRUE, then:

"If NOT A, B cannot be caused by A"

read.....comprehend.....respon d.....in that order, sonofabitch.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#29284 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>why are you so hard on "less hype"...after all he's on the same misguided team you are.
Not true, not on my team.

He's scared of you.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29285 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i wish you all were as smart as you thought you were. then...this country and economy might have a fighting chance.
you're all killing your grand children's future.....not co2.
So utterly inverted. You may be killing my grandchildren - period - with your anti-reality BS.

Here's something new for you to DENY, DENIER SCUM. What year do you think the Arctic sea ice maximum will fall below the 1979 minimum?:

http://skepticalscience.com//pics/arctic-deat...

As you can see, as of 2012, the maximum dropped from 33,000 km^3 to 22,000 and the minimum from 17,000 to 3000. My guess is 2016.
Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29287 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
i wish you all were as smart as you thought you were. then...this country and economy might have a fighting chance.
you're all killing your grand children's future.....not co2.
Have another, azzhole:

Kyle

Kendallville, IN

#29288 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
judge me. LMAO!!! that's all you spineless ninnies can do when asked a direct question!!!
LMAO@UA
Of course, their all part of the global conspiracy called "science", right?:

gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#29289 Aug 19, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>in that case you may want to read up on the subject and get back to me. Rfs2 lays the groundwork for implementing the EPA mandates for renewable fuel use in the country.
I have no interest in fuel standards. I can only hope that gas-guzzlers die and vehicles become more efficient.

My expertise is in construction, primarily residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#29294 Aug 20, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in fuel standards. I can only hope that gas-guzzlers die and vehicles become more efficient.
My expertise is in construction, primarily residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
lol....if you have no interest in renewables, son, maybe you should look for a new hobby. Take space blues with you ....he's probably looking, too!
Lol
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#29295 Aug 20, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lol....if you have no interest in renewables, son, maybe you should look for a new hobby. Take space blues with you ....he's probably looking, too!
Lol

All renewables are renewables, huh?
lol

No, only in the idiot, fossil-fuel-loving DENIERWORLD.
lol

I have no interest in transportation. My interest is in the stationary. lol

lol
lol
lol
lol
LOL, the smartest thing you can post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,154,066
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Calvin_Coolish 165,485
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr jacques Ottawau 181,832
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 5 hr Lawrence Wolf 238
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 7 hr nhjeff 439
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 8 hr barefoot2626 1,104
Only Club Penguin Names and Passwords!!! (Sep '09) 10 hr louisbrett 2,978
More from around the web