Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35846 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

SpaceBlues

United States

#25623 May 13, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>agreed, but instead of "most" I would think its "almost all".
This is an emotional response from you. Why did you not tell your buddy the dummy to do its of testing?
SpaceBlues

United States

#25624 May 13, 2013
correction: "of" should have been 'own.'

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#25625 May 13, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>This is an emotional response from you. Why did you not tell your buddy the dummy to do its of testing?
lol...is it really, son? How did you conclude that, and how can you back this one up?
Actually it's a very unemotional and rational observation.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25626 May 13, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
correction: "of" should have been 'own.'
don't worry about typos or spelling. It seems that only alarmists get emotional and bent out of shape about those things. And you're among friends in that crowd!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25627 May 13, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>don't worry about typos or spelling. It seems that only alarmists get emotional and bent out of shape about those things. And you're among friends in that crowd!
Your old grammar teacher was an 'alarmist'?
Neither of my Teeth

Seattle, WA

#25628 May 13, 2013
HEYYYYY...

Don't blame teachers, that one is FLAWED !!!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25630 May 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Your old grammar teacher was an 'alarmist'?
She was a perfectionist. Can't you tell?
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25631 May 13, 2013
Figures.... a single grammar teacher. In your "year" of "education".

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25632 May 13, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Figures.... a single grammar teacher. In your "year" of "education".
lol...there you go...making statements and claims you and I both know you have no clue about, son! Lol....it's no surprise you're a clueless alarmist. You make it so easily obvious.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#25633 May 13, 2013
You said "SHE" singular.... I guess, you lied, huh ?
litesong

Everett, WA

#25634 May 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Looking "all over the Web" isn't science.[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" looking to avoid science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa isn't science.

"lyin' brian", being a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & alleged & proud threatener, isn't science, either.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#25635 May 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I want to see an experimental test of man made greenhouse gas changing climate before I endorse changing our economy to reduce CO2 output. Adopting worldwide carbon standards isn't the same thing as a peer reviewed experiment that shows man can change climate.
Note the use of profanity in the post above; most alarmists base decisions on emotion, not reason.
So, you want picture-proof of 'man made greenhouse gas changing climate' Here's also why we're losing ground on climate change mitigation. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/co2/files/pmel-oa-im... http://www.oceanchampions.org/images/slides/a... http://www.globalwarmingsparks.com/wp-content... Even a child can understand the last photo.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#25636 May 13, 2013
DFL Waste wrote:
Stop the airlines and affect manmade warming NOW!!
Not years from now..
Your apparent assumption that airliner produced CO2 is somehow more powerful as a GHG than other CO2 is just another of the clues that you don't have a clue.

You can no more support that silly idea than you can your repeated BS claim that experts are predicting an ice age. You are a moron.
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#25637 May 13, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, I want to see an experimental test of man made greenhouse gas changing climate before I endorse changing our economy to reduce CO2 output. Adopting worldwide carbon standards isn't the same thing as a peer reviewed experiment that shows man can change climate.
Note the use of profanity in the post above; most alarmists base decisions on emotion, not reason.
ONE MORE TIME FOR THE HARD OF THINKING:

ANY MEANINGFUL EXPERIMENT WOULD REQUIRE A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN GLOBAL CO2! D_O__Y_O_U__U_N_D_ER_S_T_A_N_D _,_Y_O_U__M_E_N_T_A_L__M_I_D_G _E_T_?

For your information, I'm not an alarmist; I'm merely NOT a science denier. Also, I use profanity as punctuation that clarifies what an intellectually dishonest scumbag you are. It doesn't reflect poorly on my arguments; it accurately characterizes yours.
DFL Waste

Saint Paul, MN

#25638 May 13, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
Your apparent assumption that airliner produced CO2 is somehow more powerful as a GHG than other CO2 is just another of the clues that you don't have a clue.
You can no more support that silly idea than you can your repeated BS claim that experts are predicting an ice age. You are a moron.
WOW, I can't understand why you would oppose the grounding of airplanes which burn FOSSIL FULES!!!!!

The simple act of grounding airplanes after 9/11 DIRECTLY affected the weather/climate. Imagine the effect of worldwide grounding of aircraft.

Fossil fuel is fossil fuel no matter how it's burned the exhaust is the same.
Neither of my teeth

Seattle, WA

#25639 May 13, 2013
"Guy" is an attention trollop....

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25640 May 13, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
You said "SHE" singular.... I guess, you lied, huh ?
i had the good fortune of going to a small private preparatory school before going off to university. "she" used in the singular happens to be correct in this context. so, no....i did not lie, but you've made yet another false assumption. btw...does that happen a lot with you?
nice try, son....but changing the subject doesn't change the fact that you spend YOUR time and YOUR efforts trying to change something that needn't be changed....as if you could change it in the first place.
have you heard about the slurry opening in the arctic?? we are absolutely giddy about it!!! guess what obama's first line of business is?? staking claim to u.s. rights to petroleum reserves!!!!
goodnight, schmuk.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#25641 May 13, 2013
have you guys ever noticed the more conservative bloomberg gets the more liberal he acts?!?! I LOVE THAT MAYOR!!!! what a hoot. and secrets to tell..

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#25642 May 13, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
But, you or the poster above are not scientists and science doesn't base its truths on emotion but reason and verifiability. Nature and climate change doesn't care if you curse the darkness or praise your optimism at lighting a match-- today greenhouse gas emissions are being pumped into the atmosphere faster than at anytime in geologic history because of ours and the world's exploding economic growth and obsessive dependence on coal, oil, and natural gas and Nature will respond to those facts with extreme changes in the climate without caring whether humans live or die because of it.
I claim, looking at the experimental record is based on science instead of faith. This is where we differ.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#25643 May 13, 2013
Bushwhacker wrote:
Run your test, the rest of us are happy with projections. Pretty sad, to see such nanny state types, grow a backbone, Brain Gone.
I have nothing to test, I'm not advocating a climate mitigation policy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Crossroads50 1,479,963
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru 234,031
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... 30 min Lawrence Wolf 193
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 41 min President Donald ... 3,594
News The Latest: Trump calls Election Day 'our Indep... 42 min Lonestar 354
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr IND 256,353
News Democrats look like sore losers questioning Tru... 1 hr guck fays 4
More from around the web