Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
real space ace

Saint Paul, MN

#23927 Feb 16, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet none of you have ever "teabagged" anyone in a video game.
its not even a "sex act".
Was popularized by shooting games where players could kneel/crouch/prone positions.
Its a way to "humiliate " an opponent by going back and forth from positions to simulate "balls to the face" after you shoot them.
Ive been teabagged and teabagged hundreds on online shooter games.
Lol I just think its funny how you use the word politically without even knowing what it means.
If you don't play video games and never have the skills to teabag others...
hehe you shouldn't use the word.
Haha. Feel free to substitute your own definitions when common usage doesn't suit you. Sounds like you've been teabagged a lot. How many times have you been cornholed? What a tool.
real space ace

Saint Paul, MN

#23928 Feb 16, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
While Conservatives work to become successful, Libtards play video games waiting for the crumbs from their big, all powerful, nanny government!
Good one. Do you know any other AM radio quotes? Everything they feed you is true and worthy of your regurgitation.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#23929 Feb 16, 2013
real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Feel free to substitute your own definitions when common usage doesn't suit you. Sounds like you've been teabagged a lot. How many times have you been cornholed? What a tool.
Lol I bet you earned the right to use the word cornholed.

And your a little late to waking up to reality.
someone

Minneapolis, MN

#23930 Feb 16, 2013
Lol such stupid partisan trolls.
lol

Self enslaving party slaves.
Lol

God you mass of stupidity.

"Zombie genre" is reference to you people. Lol
Its the elites view of you.

And its referenced in movies and entertainment.
Lol its the elites inside joke.

You are masses of stupidity...like zombies.

Hence popularity of zombie films.
PHD

Overton, TX

#23931 Feb 17, 2013
Amused Slew wrote:
Tell all about facts, then use none... Oh right, you claim other posters are dead, as your "facts", right FOOL !??
It appears that you got your panties in a bunch again UNamused Stewed. You seem to repeat your---self over and over. Now look in the mirror and you will find a certified fool.
Bushwhacked

Seattle, WA

#23932 Feb 17, 2013
Tell all about facts, then use none... Oh right, you claim other posters are dead, as your "facts", right FOOL !??
Kyle

Columbia City, IN

#23933 Feb 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
While Conservatives work to become successful, Libtards play video games waiting for the crumbs from their big, all powerful, nanny government!
Remember what I said, martinezjosei?:

"I think it reasonable to assume that you can't respond intelligently .... except by admitting that you were utterly wrong and utterly non-responsive to criticism. I think we can also safely assume that you are incapable of doing even that because you're a dogmatic ideologue who is just as immune to criticism as you are to evidence and rational arguments."

You proved me right. And remember this, too?

"It's a slam dunk that you'll be back eventually to continue repeating the same brain-dead denialist crap."

You proved me right yet again. So let me repeat for emphasis:

"Thanks for that; for the vast majority who cannot or will not access the science, your obvious resistance to reason is the best argument rationalists have."

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#23936 Feb 18, 2013
real space ace wrote:
<quoted text>Good one. Do you know any other AM radio quotes? Everything they feed you is true and worthy of your regurgitation.
I did not heat that, I see it EVERY DAY!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#23937 Feb 18, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>Remember what I said, martinezjosei?:

"I think it reasonable to assume that you can't respond intelligently .... except by admitting that you were utterly wrong and utterly non-responsive to criticism. I think we can also safely assume that you are incapable of doing even that because you're a dogmatic ideologue who is just as immune to criticism as you are to evidence and rational arguments."

You proved me right. And remember this, too?

"It's a slam dunk that you'll be back eventually to continue repeating the same brain-dead denialist crap."

You proved me right yet again. So let me repeat for emphasis:

"Thanks for that; for the vast majority who cannot or will not access the science, your obvious resistance to reason is the best argument rationalists have."
I am just repeating what true scientists say:

“Because the greenhouse effect is temporary rather than permanent, predictions of significant global warming in the 21st century by UN-IPCC are not supported by the data.”(Hebrew University Professor Dr. Michael Beenstock, an honorary fellow with Institute for Economic Affairs who published a study challenging man-made global warming claims titled “Polynomial Cointegration Tests of the Anthropogenic Theory of Global Warming”)

“The UN-IPCC assessment process had a substantial element of schoolyard bullies, trying to insulate their shoddy science from outside scrutiny and attacks by skeptics…They will tolerate no dissent and seek to trample anyone who challenges them.”(Judith Curry, climatologist and chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology; co-editor of Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences; co-author of Thermodynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans; author of over 140 scientific papers)

“There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s a consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t a consensus. Period. The greatest scientists in the world are great precisely because they broke with the consensus.”(Michael Crichton, biological anthropologist,“Science” writer and author)

“I am flabbergasted at what the promoters of global warming have so far gotten by with. These ideological fanatics have invented a belief complete with predictions that cannot be wrong: Rainstorms — global warming! Drought — global warming! Snow storms — global warming! Freezing winters — global warming! Warm winters — global warming! Hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves — global warming! If someone had told me thirty-years ago that a group of professionals of varied scientific disciplines would mob up together and pull this ruse off, I would have declared that person insane. Yet every day, to my chagrin and embarrassment, I see that it has happened.”(Henrik Kleist, physicist/mathematician)

“Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Every time you exhale, you exhale air that has 4 percent carbon dioxide. To say that that’s a pollutant just boggles my mind. What used to be science has turned into a cult.”(Will Happer, the Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, Princeton University)

http://www.theburningplatform.com/...
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23938 Feb 18, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
Congresswoman: Global Warming 'Will Destroy' Maryland !!!
Yes, Only Liberals!!! Good grief!!! God save us from them!!!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/congresswoman...
Global warming is nothing compared to Liberalism!!!
Liberalism is a real treath!!!
It ALREADY destroyed Detroit, Chicago, DC and soon.... California!!!
http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/87054002.h...
Wow! Such a dumb ass!
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23939 Feb 18, 2013
2012: TOP TEN SIGNS OF A WARMING WORLD
POSTED BY ELIZABETH KOLBERT

1. Hot enough for you? Though its only mid-December, its already clear that 2012 will be the hottest year on record for the contiguous United States.The warm November virtually assures that 2012 will be the warmest year on record in the U.S., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recently observed.The year-to-date period of January-November has been by far the warmest such period on record for the contiguous U.S.-a remarkable 1.0F above the previous record. The Web site Climate Central put it this way:There is a 99.99999999 percent chance that 2012 will be the hottest year ever recorded in the continental 48 states.

2. More hot air. Meanwhile, global carbon-dioxide emissions continue to climb. According to figures released earlier this month by the Global Carbon Project, run by the University of East Anglia and the Tyndall Center for Climate Change Research in the U.K., emissions hit a new record high in 2011. Global CO2 emissions from fossil-fuel burning and cement production increased by three per cent, to 34.7 billion metric tons.These emissions were the highest in human history and 54% higher than in 1990, the project reported.

3. The future of ice. On August 26, 2012, the extent of the Arctic sea ice shrunk to a record low, breaking the previous record, observed in the summer 2007. By the time the Arctic melt season ended, in September, ice extent was 1.27 million square miles below the 1979-2000 average.The Arctic is the earths air-conditioner, said Walt Meier, a research scientist at the snow and ice center Were losing that." (In The New Yorker this week, Keith Gessen writes about a new shipping route where ice used to be.)

4. The future of ice II. A team of experts from NASA and the European Space Agency reported that the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are now losing three times as much ice each year as they did in the nineteen-nineties. The acceleration was particularly dramatic in Greenland, which is now losing five times as much ice as it did in the mid-nineties.Both ice sheets appear to be losing more ice now than twenty years ago, but the pace of ice loss from Greenland is extraordinary, Erik Ivins, of NASAs Jet Propulsion Laboratory, said.

5. Big trees down. A study by a trio of ecologists from Australia and the U.S. found that the worlds largest trees are dying at an alarming rate. The study blamed several factors for the decline, including land-clearing, man-made changes in fire regime, and rapid climate change.Just as large-bodied animals such as elephants, tigers and cetaceans have declined drastically in many parts of the world, a growing body of evidence suggests that large old trees could be equally imperilled, the three warned.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23940 Feb 18, 2013
6. Six degrees of separation. A report by the global accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers warned that the possibility of limiting global warming to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit)a goal agreed to by the U.S. and virtually every other nation on earthwas rapidly slipping away.Even doubling our current rate of decarbonisation, would still lead to emissions consistent with 6 degrees of warming by the end of the century, the report warned.(Thats 6 degrees Celsius; in Fahrenheit the figure is 10.8 degrees.)

7. Water, water. Global sea levels are rising faster than predicted, a recent report on the journal Environmental Research Letters documented. The finding has significant implications for coastal cities, like New York.

8. And the water thats gone. Water demand from the Colorado River is going to outstrip supply in the coming decades, a federal study released this month warns. The forecast is based on a combination of population growth and climate change, and has obvious implications for the forty million people who currently depend on the river.

9. Not-so-great lakes. Last month, the Great Lakes fell to their lowest level ever recorded for November, and the lakes are within inches of reaching an all-time record low. High temperatures and low precipitation have been blamed.

10. Extreme weather. According to a report by the reinsurance giant Munich RE, the number of weather-related loss events in North America has quintupled over the past three decades. The report attributed this trend to several factors, including climate change:Climate change particularly affects formation of heat-waves, droughts, intense precipitation events, and in the long run most probably also tropical cyclone intensity. The report was released just two weeks before Hurricane Sandy.

But we know that this is not enough evidence for the Retarded Republicans who are still challenging the Presidents Citizenship! LOL
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#23941 Feb 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]While Conservatives work to become successful, Libtards play video games.......[/QUOTE]

re-pubic-lick-uns get their business degrees to get close to the money to rack off their unfair share of the wealth they didn't create. democrats have millions more engineering, science & mathematics degrees which really build company strength & wealth.
Nadinehoneeistha tYou

Columbus, OH

#23942 Feb 18, 2013
someone wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet none of you have ever "teabagged" anyone in a video game.
its not even a "sex act".
Was popularized by shooting games where players could kneel/crouch/prone positions.
Its a way to "humiliate " an opponent by going back and forth from positions to simulate "balls to the face" after you shoot them.
Ive been teabagged and teabagged hundreds on online shooter games.
Lol I just think its funny how you use the word politically without even knowing what it means.
If you don't play video games and never have the skills to teabag others...
hehe you shouldn't use the word.
Normal people don't play video games. They call them 'teabaggers' because of things like this:

http://wtfiswrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2010...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nIWjAfzYJoQ/UOy9hQ0...

http://wtfiswrong.com/wp-content/uploads/2010...
PHD

Overton, TX

#23943 Feb 18, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
re-pubic-lick-uns get their business degrees to get close to the money to rack off their unfair share of the wealth they didn't create. democrats have millions more engineering, science & mathematics degrees which really build company strength & wealth.
In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#23944 Feb 18, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just repeating what true scientists say:
“Because the greenhouse effect is temporary rather than permanent, predictions of significant global warming in the 21st century by UN-IPCC are not supported by the data.”(Hebrew University Professor Dr. Michael Beenstock, an honorary fellow with Institute for Economic Affairs who published a study challenging man-made global warming claims titled “Polynomial Cointegration Tests of the Anthropogenic Theory of Global Warming”)
“The UN-IPCC assessment process had a substantial element of schoolyard bullies, trying to insulate their shoddy science from outside scrutiny and attacks by skeptics…They will tolerate no dissent and seek to trample anyone who challenges them.”(Judith Curry, climatologist and chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology; co-editor of Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences; co-author of Thermodynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans; author of over 140 scientific papers)
“There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s a consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t a consensus. Period. The greatest scientists in the world are great precisely because they broke with the consensus.”(Michael Crichton, biological anthropologist,“Science” writer and author)
“I am flabbergasted at what the promoters of global warming have so far gotten by with. These ideological fanatics have invented a belief complete with predictions that cannot be wrong: Rainstorms — global warming! Drought — global warming! Snow storms — global warming! Freezing winters — global warming! Warm winters — global warming! Hurricanes, tornados, tidal waves — global warming! If someone had told me thirty-years ago that a group of professionals of varied scientific disciplines would mob up together and pull this ruse off, I would have declared that person insane. Yet every day, to my chagrin and embarrassment, I see that it has happened.”(Henrik Kleist, physicist/mathematician)
“Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant. Every time you exhale, you exhale air that has 4 percent carbon dioxide. To say that that’s a pollutant just boggles my mind. What used to be science has turned into a cult.”(Will Happer, the Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, Princeton University)
http://www.theburningplatform.com/...
Yes, & Michael Beenstock is an ECONOMIST who does lots of ecnometrics. He has NO expertise in climate science.

I guess if you had a heart problem, you'd go to a urologist, or a lawyer, or a banker, instead of a cardiologist. You know, if James Hansen tried to write a thesis on economics, I wouldn't believe him over the professionals. Similarly, we can't believe Beenstock over climate scientists about the climate. This comes under the general category of DUH.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#23945 Feb 18, 2013
It's been a sex act, before video games... Sadly, your knowledge of sex relates to gaming stick.
Awful Truth

Saint Paul, MN

#23946 Feb 18, 2013
It is hard to believe that there are still anti-science nuts out there.
PHDick

Columbus, OH

#23947 Feb 18, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>In addition, you think topix does not know what you publish. Attacks on me will not delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
they watchin you and takin' away that phd, dummy..send you back t kindergarten, ya hay!
PHD

Overton, TX

#23948 Feb 18, 2013
There are more scientific science fiction nuts. Nothing nuts about real science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,110,463
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,966
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Scrutiny 178,169
Michele Bachmann: Obama Won Because He's Black ... (Feb '14) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 333
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr barefoot2626 505
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 3 hr Sangelia 9,936
Poll: Most say Congress worst in lifetime 9 hr Cracker 45
•••

2012 Presidential Election People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••