Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Comments (Page 1,113)

Showing posts 22,241 - 22,260 of31,855
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

HomoSapiensLaptopicus wrote:
<quoted text>Same thing with Obama. He's done plenty of things that have been wrong, that have disappointed us. So? Politics is the art of the possible.

Obama is the 1st US President who's even started to take AGW/CC seriously. That alone is a major step forward, but a LOT of work needs to be done.

8 of the 12 largest companies in the world by revenue are oil companies, 2 are auto manufacturers, one is a utility & the other is WalMart. They ALL have powerful economic incentives to deny AGW/CC & delay action on it as long as possible. Carefully written laws might make the auto manufacturers, utility & WalMart more neutral, but those are minor.

The point is that there is an almost unimaginable amount of money & power that wants AGW/CC to be incorrect, & if correct, wants to delay action to mitigate it as long as possible.

During the previous administration the oil industry basically owned virtually all of the US government; now they may only own an enormous percentage of it. It will be a very long & difficult struggle to get the truth out, & then start to do something effective about it.

The odds, money & power are vastly in favor of the irrational, anti-scientific deniers.
You are a liberal do you are easily fool by beautiful words from Obama!!!

See? All he does is talk and you keep believing him!!!

If Global Warming is true why did the university lie on their internal emails as they admitted? Why did they fired their global warming leader?

Because Global Warming is a conspiracy exposed and you still believe it!!! Had you done any measurements YOURSELF? Had you read any opposite view? You are being taken for higher taxes in the form of Carbon Credits and you still believe it the hoax. They need idiots like you to make themselves rich.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrite idiots easy to fool!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Same thing with Obama. He's done plenty of things that have been wrong, that have disappointed us. So? Politics is the art of the possible.

Obama is the 1st US President who's even started to take AGW/CC seriously. That alone is a major step forward, but a LOT of work needs to be done.

8 of the 12 largest companies in the world by revenue are oil companies, 2 are auto manufacturers, one is a utility & the other is WalMart. They ALL have powerful economic incentives to deny AGW/CC & delay action on it as long as possible. Carefully written laws might make the auto manufacturers, utility & WalMart more neutral, but those are minor.

The point is that there is an almost unimaginable amount of money & power that wants AGW/CC to be incorrect, & if correct, wants to delay action to mitigate it as long as possible.

During the previous administration the oil industry basically owned virtually all of the US government; now they may only own an enormous percentage of it. It will be a very long & difficult struggle to get the truth out, & then start to do something effective about it.

The odds, money & power are vastly in favor of the irrational, anti-scientific deniers.
Idiot Homo said "He's done plenty of things that have been wrong, that have disappointed us. So? Politics is the art of the possible."

But for Bush you did not said that!!!

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites easy to fool!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>No, its useless scientific science fiction cut and paste useless babble from the wallop10 walloped. They refuse to show their own peer reviewed published work.
Correct!

It is all about made up junk science to get more and more government grant money!!!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
They don't have reality just useless mindless babble.
MSNBC has Al Sharpton in their panel, LOL!!! Racist pimps!!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]You are a liberal......[/QUOTE]

You don't believe the vast numbers of Hispanics that romneyhood, romnesia, & romney who(?) tried to buy the presidency of the U.S. & turn it into a 'kingdom', where the people did not have to be listened to & people had to be looked down on.

Were you an 'uncle tom' to Hispanics, bowing to the pure & racist white man re-pubic-lick-un (grossly outdated party)? Yeah, you like licking re-pubic-lick-un pubics.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]MSNBC has Al Sharpton in their panel, LOL!!! Racist pimps!!
[/QUOTE]

You're right! Al Sharpton points out the deep long-abiding & historically proud racist heritage of the re-pubic-lick-un (grossly outdated party). You like licking re-pubic-lick-un pubics.

But catering to all the racists in america, re-pubic-lick-uns still lost to a black man..... twice. Hispanics know that re-pubic-lick-uns are racist pigs....... except you?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="marred & tiny joke"]It is all about made up junk science to get more and more government grant money!!![/QUOTE]

Its about climate changing because of extensive interference by people. You cover up, the quantity of infra-red energy absorbing non-phase change GHG CO2 dumped into the atmosphere, at the rate of 3 thousand thousand thousand thousand thousand KGs per 100 years, which is having an affect 100 times greater than Nitrogen & Oxygen that makes up the bulk of the atmosphere.

You are a silly goose, trying to cover up honest science by dumping dirty exxon, energy, business & re--pubic-lick-un Pee-R propaganda.

Of course, you have no science or mathematics degrees. Of course, you have no upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for your poorly earned hi skule deegreee. You probably have no hi skule DEE-plooomaa, at all!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Republican logic - I don't like that information=that information is a conspiracy.

How is Romney in the polls?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Why did Al Gore sold(sic) his station.......[/QUOTE]

How come romneyhood, romnesia & romney who(?) try to buy the U.S. kingdom with billions of dollars. He bad mouthed the american people, laughed at the american people & was surprised when they didn't vote for your candidate, despite all the racist pigs voting for romnesia.

Are you a racist pig too, bedding down with racist pigs?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

If you REALLY want a laugh, imagine Penny putting all those "judging marks" up after we copy/paste posts....

Hi P-P-Penny,

How are Sheldon and Leonard...

Ps- Almost a moron, stick with it.

People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not perfect, but you are doing alright.

Ordinarily people live and learn. You just live.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
[QUOTE who="marred & tinny joke"]Why did Al Gore sold(sic) his station......."

How come romneyhood, romnesia & romney who(?) try to buy the U.S. kingdom with billions of dollars. He bad mouthed the american people, laughed at the american people & was surprised when they didn't vote for your candidate, despite all the racist pigs voting for romnesia.

Are you a racist pig too, bedding down with racist pigs?
See? Liberals are hypocrites easy to fool!!!

The Media had successfully lie to you making you believe Republicans are racists. That is their agenda and they can ONLY fool brain dead idiots like you.

I am Hispanic and Tea Partier!!!! I see so many happy successful educated minorities in the party that I know they are NOT racists.

You however, member of the occupy wall street, are rapists who defecate on police cars because that is how you guys really are!!!

I saw how clean the tea party rally was. And I saw the filth trash result of Al Sharpton ghettoes liberals. TRASH EVERYWHERE because THEY are human trash!!!!

Conservatives are the smartest, most respectful, less racists people, however Liberals created the KKK, did you forget?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying MSNBC is real news!!!
The ones that proctored Trevon Martin facts?
You been fooled by Al Gore and you had given him tax money, carbon credits, while you make yourself poorer as if your high electric bill would save the earth, SUCKER!!!
I have news for you: a $40,000 electric clown car can not save billion of CO2 and sulfur from a volcano, LOL!!!
If Global Warning is true, why did they had to lie in their email?
I read them!!! And yes they admitted they are fooling you but...
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrite easy to fool by any liberal conman like Al Gore!!!
Instead of looking into Sarah Palin's email you should read your own liberal scientist's collusion for government grant money!!! MORON!!!
I don't watch MS-NBC, can't comment on their newsworthiness.

A stiff, revenue neutral carbon tax removes NO money from the economy & doesn't increase taxes at AT ALL. It's a pigouvian tax that takes money from high carbon emitters & gives it to low carbon emitters. And Al Gore has nothing to do with AGW/CC theory. He wrote a book. He made a movie. So?

Volcanic emissions are tiny compared to those of humans, less than 1%.

Climatologists did NOT "lie" in their emails. If you believe that, you are psychotically detached from reality. You are trapped in the radical right wing nutteria & have believed their NONSENSE. If you still have an open mind, read this:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_...

Yes, right wingers are indeed brain dead. Our progeny will pay the enormous costs of their selfish profligacy today. Fossil fuel users (& producers, as well as governments) suffer from the psychotic delusion that it is "free" to emit carbon into the atmosphere. It most assuredly is NOT free. It will be almost unimaginably expensive in the future.

We did not inherit the world from our ancestors, we are borrowing it from our progeny. We are abusing that loan.

The stoooooooooopidest things you deniers ever say is that scientists are "lying to get grant money." It's arrantly absurd. Just look at this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzh8fhMUmU1...

8 of the largest companies in the world by revenue are oil companies, 2 are auto manufacturers, 1 is a utility & the other is WalMart. They ALL have tremendous economic interests in AGW/CC denial. Careful laws could make the car makers, utility & WalMart more neutral, but the oil industry is still the richest in the world.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global...

The MONEY is in AGW/CC denial. PERIOD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Erratum:

I meant "8 of the TWELVE largest companies in the world..."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot Homo said "He's done plenty of things that have been wrong, that have disappointed us. So? Politics is the art of the possible."
But for Bush you did not said that!!!
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites easy to fool!
You are incorrect. Bush-2 did some good things, & I've given him credit publicly for those things.

You're good at callin people names, not so good at objective, logical analysis.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sorry - "calling" people names...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liberal do you are easily fool by beautiful words from Obama!!!
See? All he does is talk and you keep believing him!!!
If Global Warming is true why did the university lie on their internal emails as they admitted? Why did they fired their global warming leader?
Because Global Warming is a conspiracy exposed and you still believe it!!! Had you done any measurements YOURSELF? Had you read any opposite view? You are being taken for higher taxes in the form of Carbon Credits and you still believe it the hoax. They need idiots like you to make themselves rich.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrite idiots easy to fool!
I do NOT believe everything Obama says, & criticize him publicly when I think he's done something wrong.

Again, if you think AGW/CC is a conspiracy, you are PSYCHOTICALLY DETACHED FROM REALITY. PERIOD.

Scientists don't lie (or do so only very, VERY rarely, at the risk of destroying their careers). They CAN'T. Because science (at least "hard" science) requires verifiability, others will try to reproduce a given scientist's results. If a scientist tries to lie, it will ALWAYS be detected by others. The truth ALWAYS comes out eventually. It just may take a while.

I'm opposed to carbon credits; they're just another way to enrich Wall St. The crooks at Enron supported them. Doesn't that tell you something?

I won't call you "the moron martinez" because you've swallowed the lies of the REAL conspiracy, the one promulgated by oil money, whole. I pity your gullibility. Yes, I've read the evidence from all sides.

I enjoy it, though, when you call me names. Please continue.

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I don't watch MS-NBC, can't comment on their newsworthiness.

A stiff, revenue neutral carbon tax removes NO money from the economy & doesn't increase taxes at AT ALL. It's a pigouvian tax that takes money from high carbon emitters & gives it to low carbon emitters. And Al Gore has nothing to do with AGW/CC theory. He wrote a book. He made a movie. So?

Volcanic emissions are tiny compared to those of humans, less than 1%.

Climatologists did NOT "lie" in their emails. If you believe that, you are psychotically detached from reality. You are trapped in the radical right wing nutteria & have believed their NONSENSE. If you still have an open mind, read this:

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_...

Yes, right wingers are indeed brain dead. Our progeny will pay the enormous costs of their selfish profligacy today. Fossil fuel users (& producers, as well as governments) suffer from the psychotic delusion that it is "free" to emit carbon into the atmosphere. It most assuredly is NOT free. It will be almost unimaginably expensive in the future.

We did not inherit the world from our ancestors, we are borrowing it from our progeny. We are abusing that loan.

The stoooooooooopidest things you deniers ever say is that scientists are "lying to get grant money." It's arrantly absurd. Just look at this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzh8fhMUmU1...

8 of the largest companies in the world by revenue are oil companies, 2 are auto manufacturers, 1 is a utility & the other is WalMart. They ALL have tremendous economic interests in AGW/CC denial. Careful laws could make the car makers, utility & WalMart more neutral, but the oil industry is still the richest in the world.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/global...

The MONEY is in AGW/CC denial. PERIOD.
You did not invalidate my arguments you just use new ones, mostly incorrect, to invalidate mine?

It is like the teacher asking "Did you cheat on the test" and the kid answer, "but Mary pee on herself"!!!

You must be a Liberal!!!

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You are incorrect. Bush-2 did some good things, & I've given him credit publicly for those things.

You're good at callin people names, not so good at objective, logical analysis.
Maybe YOU did but as a LIBERAL, Occupy Wall Street scum, you hate Bush and Sarah Palin when you see real leadership!!!
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Sure do need those stereotypes and don't need to think.... Too bad, the election proved you wrong, right ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe YOU did but as a LIBERAL, Occupy Wall Street scum, you hate Bush and Sarah Palin when you see real leadership!!!
Yet AGAIN you are incorrect. I don't hate Bush-2. I hate Cheney, but not Bush. And Sarah Palin is just not very bright.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,241 - 22,260 of31,855
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••