Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35569 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

litesong

Everett, WA

#21866 Oct 10, 2012
litesong wrote:
A stunning performance(a non-performance) showing Arctic sea ice NOT piling on, in great amounts of sea ice on the Arctic Ocean, surrounding seas & against landforms.
Called a secondary feedback in AGW, solar energy absorption by historically unrecorded amounts of clear Arctic waters is putting on an incredible show in a non-performing role, well worthy of an Academy Award. With a stoic unchanging face, almost all Arctic waters refuse to ice. Except for the sea ices north of Greenland & Canadian islands, the Arctic ice pack shows a strong resemblance to a semi-circle, strengthening the assumption that Arctic Ocean waters & seas have very strongly absorbed solar energies the last 3 months, due to the rotating Earth, variably tilted towards the sun.
Details below:
//////////
\\\\\\\\\\
litesong wrote:
Arctic sea ice extent is a bit greater than the lowest minimum of 2 years recorded, either by satellite or submarine data, at 4,574,688 km2 (October 8, 2012). A size area represented by only Indiana became sea ice the past day, despite the sun, unseen, from the North Pole for well over 2 weeks, temperatures above the 80th parallel averaging minus 15 degC, & temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean dropping as low as -17degC. Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months is resisting its conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters.

This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice yearly VOLUME.

Yes, the Arctic sea ice VOLUME is disappearing, year to year, quicker than the Arctic sea ice extent.
//////////
litesong continues:
Presently, Arctic sea ice extent is above the next lowest two years' minimum Arctic sea ice extent, at 4,662,344 km2 (October 9, 2012), the past day's sea ice area gain less than Maine size. Present extent is dated almost a month later, than the date of the 3rd place year's mark. Temperatures above the 80th parallel have slipped to (-15.5 degC), a bit less than normal. Temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean are most often freezing, some areas below minus double digits, & one temperature as low as -23degC.

Much of that sea ice increase is along the Greenland east coast, altho Arctic ice pack is closer to the Russian islands, Franz Joseph Land & Svalbard, again in the semi-circular pattern mentioned above.

A detail noted is a raggy taggy developing edge along a part of the semi-circle, possibly NOT coincident with the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF SQUARE KILOMETERS, IF NOT MORE, of waters north of Alaska & Siberia that are VASTLY CLEAR. Might the raggy taggy edge indicate huge turbulence & currents in this largest(ever?) ice free, & resulting southerly directed heat stratified Arctic waters? I wonder if there might develop more raggy taggy edging, enough to form a swirl pattern? Such a vast swirl at such a huge scale would be impossible...... wouldn't it?

Almost all large region southerly Arctic waters, including the Northeast passage, & waters north of mentioned islands remain ice free. Bulging southward sea ice at the west end of the Northwest Passage should continue, & will close off the Northwest Passage. Internal icing is also occurring inside the Northwest Passage. Nearby double digit minus temperatures are opposing the months of solar warmth built up in the Passage, to ice the Passage.

Downwellings in unusual clear Arctic waters, normally sea ice covered in decades past, for three months have & even now still transport extra solar energy to continental shelf, Arctic Ocean & sea depths.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#21867 Oct 10, 2012
D1-25-5-br wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct on all points . But , talking to a liberal about such upright and truly good things is above their head . They can not identify with NOT telling lies , NOT stealing , NOT living on another persons hard work , Etc, Etc . Those people are the lower life forms , with below average intelligence and the morals of a snake , which they probably learned from their skank mothers who go for 2 quarters . They couldn't have learned from their dad's , they don't even know who he is , and neither do their mothers .
A wholly accurate assessment of liberals and liberalism.

Thank you, friend.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21868 Oct 10, 2012
In fact, the monthly average retail price of gasoline peaked at $4.26 a gallon in inflation-adjusted dollars less than four years ago, in June 2008. It then plummeted to $1.80 a gallon in the next six months during the global financial collapse. Oil isn’t near historic highs either.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21869 Oct 10, 2012
I like being insulted by drunks, they're always right !!??? LMAOROTFU~!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21870 Oct 10, 2012
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
//////////
\\\\\\\\\\
litesong wrote:
//////////
litesong continues:
psst... if you don't want to be called a loon, don't talk to yourself on Topix.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21871 Oct 10, 2012
motheaten wrote:
... don't talk to yourself on Topix.
I understand that motheaten can't understand.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21872 Oct 10, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
talk to yourself on Topix.
psst... if you don't want to be called a loon, don't pretend to hear talking on topix...
Unintended Consequences

Saint Paul, MN

#21873 Oct 11, 2012
Energy prices consume 14-25% of the middle class and poor's income, while energy consumes 4-7% of the rich.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21874 Oct 11, 2012
Dependency wrote:
I want my free gummit Obama cell phone
http://blog.reachoutmobile.com/2010/04/if-you...
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21875 Oct 11, 2012
Are people actually still arguing about whether global warming is occurring?????

Loons!
Doomsday countdown

Saint Paul, MN

#21876 Oct 11, 2012
Update; Countdown for the Al Gore prediction of doomsday for the planet within three years
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21877 Oct 11, 2012
You really are a loon, you know.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21878 Oct 11, 2012
intended consequences wrote:
Energy prices consume 14-25% of the middle class and poor's income, while energy consumes 4-7% of the rich.
& coal & gas companies build coal & gas-fired powerplants, so the poor are downwind.
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21879 Oct 11, 2012
How true!
litesong

Everett, WA

#21880 Oct 11, 2012
litesong wrote:
A stunning performance showing Arctic sea ice NOT piling on, in great amounts of sea ice on the Arctic Ocean, surrounding seas & against landforms.
Called a secondary feedback in AGW, solar energy absorption by historically unrecorded amounts of clear Arctic waters is putting on an incredible show in a non-performing role, well worthy of an Academy Award. With a stoic unchanging face, almost all Arctic waters refuse to ice. Except for the sea ices north of Greenland & Canadian islands, the Arctic ice pack shows a strong resemblance to a semi-circle, strengthening the assumption that Arctic Ocean waters & seas have very strongly absorbed solar energies the last 3 months, due to the rotating Earth, variably tilted towards the sun.
Details below:
//////////
\\\\\\\\\\
litesong wrote:
Arctic sea ice extent is a bit greater than the lowest minimum of 2 years recorded, either by satellite or submarine data, at 4,662,344 km2 (October 9, 2012). A size area represented by only Maine became sea ice the past day, despite the sun, unseen, from the North Pole for well over 2 weeks, temperatures above the 80th parallel averaging minus 15.5 degC, & temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean dropping as low as -23degC. Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months is resisting its conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters.
This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice yearly VOLUME.
Yes, the Arctic sea ice VOLUME is disappearing, year to year, quicker than the Arctic sea ice extent.
//////////
litesong continues:
Presently, Arctic sea ice extent is above the next lowest two years' minimum Arctic sea ice extent, at 4,752,656 km2 (October 10, 2012), the past day's sea ice area gain LESS than Maine size. Present extent is dated a month later, than the date of the 3rd place year's mark. Temperatures above the 80th parallel have upped to (-12 degC), a bit more than normal. Temperatures on landforms surrounding the Arctic Ocean are most often freezing, few areas below minus double digits, but one temperature as low as -20degC.
Much of that sea ice increase is along the Greenland east coast, altho Arctic ice pack is closer to the Russian islands, Franz Joseph Land & Svalbard, again in the semi-circular pattern mentioned above.

A detail noted is a raggy taggy developing edge along a part of the semi-circle, possibly NOT coincidental with the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS (plus?) OF SQUARE KILOMETERS, of waters north of Alaska & Siberia that are VASTLY CLEAR. Might the raggy taggy edge indicate huge turbulence & currents in this largest(ever?) ice free, & resulting southerly-directed heat stratified Arctic waters? I wonder if there might develop more raggy taggy edging, enough to form a swirl pattern? Such a vast swirl at such a huge scale would be impossible...... wouldn't it? Today, noted near the raggy taggy ice pack, have developed a few (arced?) tiny pixel ice floes, separated from the Arctic ice pack toward southerly directions.

Almost all large region southerly Arctic waters, including the Northeast passage, & waters north of mentioned islands remain ice free. Bulging southward sea ice at the west end of the Northwest Passage has closed off half the Passage. Internal Passage icing slows as fewer double digit minus temperatures are shown in the area.

Downwellings in unusual clear Arctic waters, normally sea ice covered in decades past, for three months have & even now still transport extra solar energy to continental shelf, Arctic Ocean & sea depths.
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21881 Oct 11, 2012
That's handy to know.

Me, I'm not a scientist, so I base my views on what the majority of climate researchers and scientists believe, which is thatthe earth is warming and mankind is contributing to that warming.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21882 Oct 11, 2012
El Rushbo wrote:
That's handy to know.
Me, I'm not a scientist, so I base my views on what the majority of climate researchers and scientists believe, which is that the earth is warming and mankind is contributing to that warming.
You might read my other previous reports, which I hope will make a continuum of reports as the sea ices evolve & increase, the rest of autumn & into winter.

Hold on to your hat! There are virulent toxic topix AGW deniers without hi skule deegreees or little comprehension of their hi skule deegreees(ha ha ha ) without upper class mathematics, chemistry & physics, who think they know more than AGW scientists. Certainly, toxic topix AGW deniers have more racist ideas, & will even use threats. However, I have spotlighted their racist views. Tho they are still racists, their self-righteousness has slightly decreased along with their threats.
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21883 Oct 11, 2012
Say, you make sense. That's more than I usually find is this thread. I usually come for a laugh.

Some of these people are the same people that claimed the moon landings were faked in the Arizona desert and believe that Elvis is alive and workign as the night manager of a 7-11 in Great Falls Montana.

(I didn't use a comma there because it seems to be an issue in this thread).
litesong

Everett, WA

#21884 Oct 11, 2012
El Rushbo wrote:
Say, you make sense. That's more than I usually find is this thread. I usually come for a laugh.
Some of these people are the same people that claimed the moon landings were faked in the Arizona desert and believe that Elvis is alive and workign as the night manager of a 7-11 in Great Falls Montana.
(I didn't use a comma there because it seems to be an issue in this thread).
Don't worry about your negative icons. Its just the toxic topix AGW deniers who despise topix AGW advocates.

Actually, Elvis isn't alive and working as the night manager of a 7-11 in Great Falls Montana. He's at the Ye Olde Curiosity Shop on the Seattle Water Front.
El Rushbo

Minneapolis, MN

#21885 Oct 11, 2012
I was sure that I saw him in Vegas when I was there over Labor Day...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,417,740
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Coffee Party 222,357
News Axelrod starts Obama's re-election work next year (Nov '10) 11 min Divorce Lawyer 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Frankendrumpf 239,217
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 16 min Le Jimbo 362
News Harry Reid calls mother of Benghazi victim 'cra... 17 min sarashopatorient 16
News A former adviser to Nigel Farage said the outgo... 39 min Synque 8
More from around the web