Obama heads to Clooney gala fundraise...

Obama heads to Clooney gala fundraiser with gay marriage stance figuring to invigorate backers

There are 1048 comments on the The Washington Post story from May 10, 2012, titled Obama heads to Clooney gala fundraiser with gay marriage stance figuring to invigorate backers. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

WASHINGTON - Fresh from declaring his support of same-sex marriage, President Barack Obama is diving into the embrace of Hollywood's wealthy elite at the gala event of the political season - a sold-out, record-setting fundraiser at the Los Angeles home of movie star George Clooney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Gravediggers

Lynwood, CA

#22 May 10, 2012
Perfect Timing for the Clooney shindig!

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/George-Clooney:...

beards

lavender marriages

Dishonesty in Hollywood

Come out, come out, where ever you are.
elmo

Charlottesville, VA

#23 May 10, 2012
Sounds like a gayla affair to me

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#24 May 10, 2012

Obama at another Millionaire's fundraiser while the Nation suffers through his rotten economy.

FUBO!

What

Huntsville, AL

#25 May 10, 2012
Robert wrote:
So I guess Obama is ok with two men adopting a little boy.
is point?
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#26 May 10, 2012
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget while your blowing obama to mumble that he personally killed Osama
I forgot about that one, such a fake and diminishes the award. You can read the previous winners and those since then look at the description and then look at Obamas.

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

What the heck does that mean? They just wanted to give him an award.
Wow

Huntsville, AL

#27 May 10, 2012
the haters and bigots on topix are out this morning. At some point you have to join humanity and respect civil rights for all.

Evolve.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#28 May 10, 2012
Goodness me - you gay bashers must be either crotchety old men with no life or love or the kind of school bully who calls every a fa**ot in the playground. Shame on you.

Maybe to put your O-Derangement Syndrome and Bigotry Sydrome into perspective, it might be interesting to compare an anti-Obama violent-spewing, ignorant nutcase with an addled brain that looks like a fried egg (Nugent) to an Obama supporter like Mr. Clooney who seems to have a brain and a successful career.

Yes, the difference is worlds apart, dontchabetchathinky winky!
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#29 May 10, 2012
Hollywood Star wrote:
If Clooney wanted to stop by and visit; he would not be allowed into our house!
It might be interesting to compare an anti-Obama violent-spewing, ignorant nutcase with an addled brain that looks like a fried egg (Nugent) to an Obama supporter like Mr. Clooney who seems to have a brain and a successful career.

You would probably welcome Nugent.

Since: Jan 07

Kingston, PA

#30 May 10, 2012
I was always under the impression that marriage was a legally binding contract between a man and woman, often, but not always also sanctioned by a religious entity or institution. I do understand that for whatever reason, two members of the same sex choose to join together in a permanent relationship. Whether it is my age, upbringing or religious orientation, I cannot comfortably define this as marriage. I don't understand why such a relationship cannot be legally acknowledged as a domestic partnership, allowing for shared assets and other considerations that gays complain that they are denied. Of course, the down side of this should the relationship fail could also result in a legal minefield...dissolution of assets, claims and counterclaims concerning finances, possibly even alimony paid by the wealthier partner to the other. Sometimes we should be careful what we ask for.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#31 May 10, 2012
lolol wrote:
But I thought obama was against the 1 percenters ... oh that's right, only against 1 percenters that don't give him money.
Flaming hypocrite

You nailed it!

BINGO!

BINGO!

BINGO!

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#32 May 10, 2012
elmo wrote:
Sounds like a gayla affair to me

Obama has had more fundraisers than ANY President in history and he wonders why people say he SUCKS.

“Truth to Power!”

Raleigh, NC

#33 May 10, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be interesting to compare an anti-Obama violent-spewing, ignorant nutcase with an addled brain that looks like a fried egg (Nugent) to an Obama supporter like Mr. Clooney who seems to have a brain and a successful career.

There would be no comparison between you, and ignorant fool, and rubber stamp.

Idiot!
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#34 May 10, 2012
Robert wrote:
So I guess Obama is ok with two men adopting a little boy.
If neither ask you to participate in a threesome, or for financial support for their adopted Child, what does is take from you?

Divorce in America is a blood sport. There's an entire industry dedicated to divorce and it's pretty lucrative. What's the impact on the kids from 50% of American marriages ending in divorce?
Gravediggers

Lynwood, CA

#36 May 10, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Goodness me - you gay bashers must be either crotchety old men with no life or love or the kind of school bully who calls every a fa**ot in the playground. Shame on you.
Maybe to put your O-Derangement Syndrome and Bigotry Sydrome into perspective, it might be interesting to compare an anti-Obama violent-spewing, ignorant nutcase with an addled brain that looks like a fried egg (Nugent) to an Obama supporter like Mr. Clooney who seems to have a brain and a successful career.
Did California pass Gay Marriage Amendment? Can you clarify that?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#37 May 10, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
It is great for our side – the patriotic side – to have Heavy-Hitting Hollywood-Bigwigs like George Clooney out front rising what will be a record amount for the Obama campaign.
EVOLUTION: OBAMA NOW BACKS GAY MARRIAGE...CODE: I’m getting desperate to maintain my base.

REPORT: No Vineyard vacay for Obama this year...more signs of desperation and dropping numbers.

Sharpton: Republicans Declare 'War on Black People'...Hey Barry, let’s play the race card……………..it worked be fo wid da brothers.

HOLDER TO SUE SHERIFF JOE...sure Joe’s proving Obama is a fake………..
Romney

Huntsville, AL

#38 May 10, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
Obama at another Millionaire's fundraiser while the Nation suffers through his rotten economy.
FUBO!
could buy everybody in the room and benefits to a higher degree from SuperPac corrupt money. Don't be an idiot. This is cleaner money.

“I Love Outside.”

Since: Feb 08

Florida

#39 May 10, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Nugent..
Performing professionally since 1958, non-stop yearly touring since 1967, averaging more than 300 shows per year '67-73, 200 per year '74-80, 150 '81-89, 127 concerts in 1990, 162 concerts in 1991, 150 concerts in 1993, 180 in 1994, 166 in 1995, 81 in 1996, Summer Blitz in '97-98, Rock Never Stops '99,#1 tour in the world KISS 2K.Still on the road today..Has recorded Recorded 31 albums which have sold over 30 million copies.
Formed Damn Yankees (Ted Nugent, Tommy Shaw (STYX), Jack Blades (Night Ranger) and Micheal Cartellone) in 1989; sold 5 million albums.

George Clooney...
Uncle is the late actor José Ferrer.
Nephew of singer/actress Rosemary Clooney and Betty Clooney. Half-nephew of Gail Stone.Studied acting at The Beverly Hills Playhouse.He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, in 1982, he moved to LA and tried for a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
Later, after Clooney had established himself on "ER" (1994), Ferrer made a guest appearance on the very first show. George's aunt, Rosemary Clooney, made guest appearances on two shows the first month "ER" (1994) aired.In winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Syriana (2005), he becomes the second generation of his family to win an Oscar. His uncle, José Ferrer, won a Best Actor Oscar for playing in Cyrano de Bergerac (1950).

Now you tell me who worked harder for their money?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#40 May 10, 2012
Responsibility wrote:
Gay bashers..........hahahah....If Obama wasn't such a fake he would have come out of the closet months ago. His numbers are falling like a rock.........his only reason for this announcement.
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#41 May 10, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Gay bashers..........hahahah....If Obama wasn't such a fake he would have come out of the closet months ago. His numbers are falling like a rock.........his only reason for this announcement.
t

I don't back gay marriage, but I detest unequal access to Constitutional Rights. For that reason anyone in a free founded on the principle every citizens has access to happiness should be able to enjoy the rights of all citizens, not two levels of Citizenship.

It only serves that a President of a Free Democracy should back entirely basic Civil Rights for all citizens, his primary responsibility is to ensure Constitutional Protections for all citizens.

Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#42 May 10, 2012
The laughing liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has had more fundraisers than ANY President in history and he wonders why people say he SUCKS.
Only those in support of the looser of the 2008 Elections say he sucks, that's to be expected.

That's not the majority, but rather a loud,lying and scheming Mob. Other wise known as the Rabble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,417,625
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 239,214
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Grand Birther 222,343
News Harry Reid calls mother of Benghazi victim 'cra... 23 min VN Vet 12
News A former adviser to Nigel Farage said the outgo... 26 min Go Blue Forever 7
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 41 min spocko 360
News Trump Time Capsule #81: 'What the Hell Do You H... 8 hr INFIDEL 50
More from around the web