Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892139 Apr 23, 2013
leadville lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbecile, who's life was put in danger from thugs like poor Zimmerman's was? NBC's "mistakes" are intentional, wise up clown face.
lol

so FOX's 'mistakes' are unintentional?

i don't think so. maybe you missed this....

In a peculiar and suspicious chain of events, Fox News ran an article by commentator Todd Starnes with the provocative headline “Saudi National Questioned in Boston was on Terror Watch List.” There was no evidence in the article affirming the title’s allegation other than Starnes’ assertion that “sources have told me.”

Starnes went on to say that his sources alleged that “Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi had been deemed inadmissible” for entry into the United States because he was engaged, or likely to become engaged, in terrorist activity.“Two additional sources,” Starnes said,“have confirmed to me that Ali Alharbi is set to be deported as early as this week.”

The article also notes that national security officials, including Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, have denied the reports and stated explicitly that Alharbi is not being deported, nor was anyone else with any connection to the Boston marathon bombings. All of the chatter in the right-wing media about this was definitively debunked days ago.

Despite the dismissals by Napolitano and others of these rumors, Starnes weaves a speculative tale of innuendo that he fails to back up with any substance. The plot of this potboiler is aligned closely with Glenn Beck’s recent foray into the same wilds of reckless slander. Beck has been titillating his fans for several days with promises of jaw-dropping revelations that he literally described as the most important story in the history of the country. His pledge to unveil the sordid details today went conspicuously unfulfilled.

But here’s where the plot thickens. Beck’s delusional ravings might have been supported in some small measure by the article posted by Starnes. Mind you, Starnes did not have any better proof than Beck that some untoward activity was taking place, but at least his column could be cited by Beck as a rather useless and circular corroboration – and, in fact, it was. Which makes it all the more curious that Fox News made the column disappear. The link currently returns a “No Results Found” page. Making matters worse, Starnes also posted the article on the conservative Townhall web site, where it was also scrubbed.[Note: Both pages remain in Google's cache and can be accessed here: Fox News cache --- Townhall cache]

What can explain this odd self-censorship by two separate, unaffiliated web sites? The articles simply vanished with no comment or correction. Was there a discovery that they were so far off base that they put the publishers in jeopardy of being sued for libel? If so, simply removing them would not be an effective defense without an apology for any harm done. It would more likely serve to prove that they had an awareness of the potential for harm and sought to cover up their actions.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...

so the difference between FOX and NBC.....NBC will admit it's mistakes.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892140 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You can see on the list. But you have a point about population.
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.h...
We were also down the list in Health Performance Rank.
http://www.photius.com/rankings/world_health_...
The point is, we're not addressing the real problem of the health care crisis. Costs are too high and there is far too much over-treating and over-diagnosing than necessary.
We've created the problem ourselves by feeding the monster.
My confidence in anything the UN, WHO or other like minded organizations is lower than mole droppings.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fluffybunnyfufu

Hazard, KY

#892141 Apr 23, 2013
teehee lol

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#892142 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you post the NBC apology tour list, and i'll post the one for FOX.
deal?
You are intentionally missing the point, Dood.

Someone else hear just recently spoke to the NBC election results screwup as far back as 2001. They've been apologizing forever about everything from the way they doctored the audio on Zimmerman to stupid comments from their Liberal crew of anchors.

And now you want a side-by-side war of Liberal vs Conservative?
This ain't Xbox, kid. I live in the adult part of this world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892143 Apr 23, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking for myself, I try not to judge...just assess and analyze.
Hey, before you abuse, criticize and accuse

Walk a mile in my shoes

Joe South circa 1970

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#892144 Apr 23, 2013
Must still sting whenever you conservatives hear Barrack Obama following the title of The President of the United States.

Lapeer, MI

#892145 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not going to get me going on that one as long as we still have Bushism web sites.
so like....never.
Your gun is empty so I wouldn't expect you to fire anytime soon:>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892147 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
war with Iran?
right wing fear mongering don't seem to work anymore when it comes to starting wars. wonder why that is?
Oblamers words, not mine or any other conservative, do you ever watch or read the news?

Now, when are you enlisting, because Iran said F you Oblamer, we're going to do what we want, which is get a nuclear bomb.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892148 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Dave is a Jellyfish. Don't expect any honesty from him.
You may have noticed i have dubbed him a Doorknob. But, spineless fer sure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#892149 Apr 23, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>. That where we differ. I know the streets probly as well as you. But you have to admitt we all profile, its not necessarly racist its realist I see a bunch of guys dressed like gangsters or thugs my guard goes up and as your from camden you have to admit you look over your shoulder at the same. The cops see the same thing and react the same way. You can't blame them . When someone tries to look and act like a thug they will be looked at like a thug.now in the city the cops are there because the majority of the crime is there, honestly what will the cops find when they shakedown sone kids in the burbs compared to the city? You know the answer to that as well as I do. Bottom line is there's no amount of money you can throw at the problem to make it any better. The current programs only encorage the problem. Its all about choice,fixing the problems has to start with the person who has the problem and their actions to change it. You can have 500 help and bennifit programs but not one will help anyone that's not willing to help themselves.
"profiling" by anyone, be it cop, citizen or even criminals themselves, is a critically important survival technique and response. Liberals have attempted to turn it into a social sin but no one is listening - at least those of us who wish to remain alive.

When I leave WalMart and see a group of Hoodies doing the Doopa-Hangdown near my car, I turn around and head back inside until they leave.

Cops profile minute-by-minute but have to officially deny that they do to placate Liberal politicians at City Hall. A glaring duplicity has grown up in society as a result. Say one thing to the Liberal Media Cameras but then return to your profiling afterward. The prison and arrest numbers show the truth about racial crime problem while the bleeding-hearts claim a separate reality exists for the poor, downtrodden crooks, thieves and murderers.

Take your pick. One reality can be lethal to your health. The other is great for show to your Liberal neighbors.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892150 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The hypocrisy of “states’ rights” conservatives
The 10th Amendment is sacred to the right -- except when it comes to fighting abortion and gay rights
http://www.salon.com/2011/08/07/kilgore_state...
that was too easy.
to 95% of the population, irrelevant issues.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#892151 Apr 23, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
Must still sting whenever you conservatives hear Barrack Obama following the title of The President of the United States.
You misspelled "stink".

You're Welcome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#892152 Apr 23, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oblamers words, not mine or any other conservative, do you ever watch or read the news?
Now, when are you enlisting, because Iran said F you Oblamer, we're going to do what we want, which is get a nuclear bomb.
Really? you do know there is a navy build up going on in the Arabian Sea which would bring 3 carrier strike groups in the regional operational theater, which by mostly military accounts is a war footing.

You know that those 3 carrier groups will have more fire power between them and all the world's navies combined?

I doubt you have anything to worry about Iran, I have a feeling when those ships are in place you are going to get a inspection, compliance and a lot of other boot licking or at the very least Israel is going to bomb the sites while we sit there daring Iran to do something in response.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892153 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has created millions of jobs.
92 billion was never spent on green initiatives
Let me know when you have something more concrete to whine about.
lie and another lie,$92 billion has been flushed down the drain on failed green energy programs, get your m head out of your butt and get educated.

What do you call these?

List of Failed Obama Green Energy & Solar Companies in the Billions
www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-obama-gr... ...
Sep 11, 2012 –(List of Obama Failed Green Energy Companies below). FLASHBACK: In July 2011, President Obama Touted A123 Systems As A ...

List of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies
We sorted the list in order of dollars offered by the Obama administration:
OFFERED COMPANY Heritage #
$1.6 billion Brightsource 17
$1.46 billion First Solar 7
$1.2 billion SunPower 6
$535 million Solyndra * 3
$529 million Fisker Automotive 11
$400 million Abound Solar * 12
$299 million Johnson Controls 15
$279 million A123 Systems * 13
$178 million Babcock and Brown 8
$151 million LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power 29
$126.2 million ECOtality 18
$118.5 million EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 * 9
$100 million Mascoma Corp. 34
$98.5 million Nevada Geothermal 5
$86 million Schneider Electric 16
$80 million Range Fuels * 23
$50 million Vestas 28
$43 million Beacon Power * 4
$39 million Navistar 31
$33 million Raser Technologies* 19
$25 million Evergreen Solar * 1
$20 million Konarka Technologies Inc.* 33
$16 million Nordic Windpower * 30
$13.3 million Energy Conversion Devices * 20
$10 million Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company * 22
$7 million Stirling Energy Systems * 25
$6.5 million Thompson River Power * 24
$5.9 million Amonix 10
$5.4 million Azure Dynamics * 26
$3 million Satcon * 32
$2 million Mountain Plaza, Inc.* 21
$700,981 Willard and Kelsey Solar Group * 14
$500,000 GreenVolts 27
$500,000 SpectraWatt * 2

No one, no where has ever proved it was in the taxpayers interests to flush this money down the toilet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892154 Apr 23, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
If by "sting" you mean "wretch" you're right on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892155 Apr 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are intentionally missing the point, Dood.
Someone else hear just recently spoke to the NBC election results screwup as far back as 2001. They've been apologizing forever about everything from the way they doctored the audio on Zimmerman to stupid comments from their Liberal crew of anchors.
And now you want a side-by-side war of Liberal vs Conservative?
This ain't Xbox, kid. I live in the adult part of this world.
the point is...you don't want to talk about FOX 'mistakes'. doesn't fit your wingnut narrative of the oh so bad 'liberal' media. but with you it's always a one way conversation.

it's just too bad for you that your 'conversation' is in the minority. there's one conservative network and how many of the other kind? and oh yes those ratings, but add up all for the other kind and.....but even that is of no matter when you look at the FOX viewership vs the total voting public. what is it, like 2%? not so impressive is it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892156 Apr 23, 2013
Excuse me, the money wasn't flushed, Oblamers bundlers and cronies got millions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#892157 Apr 23, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled "stink".
You're Welcome.
You do understand that changing the word from Sting to Stink just doesn't change the message at all when used in that sentence.

1-0
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#892159 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
so FOX's 'mistakes' are unintentional?
i don't think so. maybe you missed this....
In a peculiar and suspicious chain of events, Fox News ran an article by commentator Todd Starnes with the provocative headline “Saudi National Questioned in Boston was on Terror Watch List.” There was no evidence in the article affirming the title’s allegation other than Starnes’ assertion that “sources have told me.”
Starnes went on to say that his sources alleged that “Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi had been deemed inadmissible” for entry into the United States because he was engaged, or likely to become engaged, in terrorist activity.“Two additional sources,” Starnes said,“have confirmed to me that Ali Alharbi is set to be deported as early as this week.”
The article also notes that national security officials, including Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, have denied the reports and stated explicitly that Alharbi is not being deported, nor was anyone else with any connection to the Boston marathon bombings. All of the chatter in the right-wing media about this was definitively debunked days ago.
Despite the dismissals by Napolitano and others of these rumors, Starnes weaves a speculative tale of innuendo that he fails to back up with any substance. The plot of this potboiler is aligned closely with Glenn Beck’s recent foray into the same wilds of reckless slander. Beck has been titillating his fans for several days with promises of jaw-dropping revelations that he literally described as the most important story in the history of the country. His pledge to unveil the sordid details today went conspicuously unfulfilled.
But here’s where the plot thickens. Beck’s delusional ravings might have been supported in some small measure by the article posted by Starnes. Mind you, Starnes did not have any better proof than Beck that some untoward activity was taking place, but at least his column could be cited by Beck as a rather useless and circular corroboration – and, in fact, it was. Which makes it all the more curious that Fox News made the column disappear. The link currently returns a “No Results Found” page. Making matters worse, Starnes also posted the article on the conservative Townhall web site, where it was also scrubbed.[Note: Both pages remain in Google's cache and can be accessed here: Fox News cache --- Townhall cache]
What can explain this odd self-censorship by two separate, unaffiliated web sites? The articles simply vanished with no comment or correction. Was there a discovery that they were so far off base that they put the publishers in jeopardy of being sued for libel? If so, simply removing them would not be an effective defense without an apology for any harm done. It would more likely serve to prove that they had an awareness of the potential for harm and sought to cover up their actions.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
so the difference between FOX and NBC.....NBC will admit it's mistakes.
So f ing what? All the news sources were talking about some Saudi guy, are you denying it? I heard the guy was wisked back to Saudi Arabia, deprted or not.

BTW, moron, Starnes is not Fox news or the nightly anchor, is he?

Was the life of this saudi threatened? by who?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#892160 Apr 23, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
to 95% of the population, irrelevant issues.
abortion and gay rights?

5% actually interested sounds about right. the rest of us....big deal. who cares. just 5% of us who're more interested in what everyone else does then in their own actions care about imposing their will upon others. too bad they'll never get it done.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Injudgement 165,476
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 1 hr barefoot2626 1,114
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 1 hr Guess Who 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 182,094
Parties assess variables looking at 2016 map 4 hr Le Jimbo 5
The uncomfortable truth about racism in America 8 hr spud 298
Can GOP shatter 'Obama coalition' in 2016? 13 hr Zeppelin 1
More from around the web