Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1705990 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768317 Oct 11, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. We can be attacked from many different fronts.
So IRAN SHOULD AND HAS EVERY RIGHT TO GO TO war with the USA thats WHAT WE ARE DOING TO THEM
Jane Says

New York, NY

#768318 Oct 11, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably what you do for a job, in addition to stalking the homeless. Did you see that son of one of those housewife reality shows in Miami, filmed himself punching a sleeping homeless man in the crotch, then posted it on Facebook saying it was so funny.
Not so fast buddy, the police recognized the homeless man, the kid was arrested. Another punk who thinks its sport to pick on the homeless, just like you, one day, karma's gonna gitcha!
you know what a job is? i mean, it's after 1pm and you still haven't had time to scare the pool boys or chase away the obama supporting wealth redistributioners who scaled your fence.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#768319 Oct 11, 2012
Peppy's trip brought this question to my mind. I wonder what the ratio of Republican businessmen visting their overseas factories in third world countries is to regular tourists on a plane? 70 - 30? 60 - 40? Thoughts? Questions? Aspersions cast in my direction?
THE NAUVOO LEGION

Toronto, Canada

#768320 Oct 11, 2012

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#768321 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Hooters girls say the same about you, the big tipper!
The frosting on the cake was you showed your Mexican guests what dckheads Americans are and you weren't even paying the bill. Unreal.
Unlike libtards I don't pay people for not doing their job. Especially if I have to do their job for them. All it showed them is how lazy Americans are and still expect to be paid. Remember these people were President and Vice-President of Honda Mexico. They know how to run a business and that wasn't it.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Gainesville, FL

#768322 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Many businesses were given free flat screen tvs that broadcast only Fox
Trying to start a new false liberal meme?

Gainesville, FL

#768324 Oct 11, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome, we took a knife away from the Libyans and gave the Brotherhood guns, and so far, it's only cost four American lives?
Give it time...the count will go up.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#768326 Oct 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Good man? He and his company are shipping jobs overseas and exploiting the workers in a third world country. Sounds like he is part of the problem.
That Bill Clinton global economy is a bitch, isn't it.
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768327 Oct 11, 2012
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Dance chimp dance.
If you READ the BOOK YOUR NAME SHOULD BE SAMBO OR QUIMBO NOT TOM TOM WAS REPUBLICAN LIKE HERMAN Cain SELF MADE BLACKMAN not DEMOCRAT CARPETBAGGER
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#768330 Oct 11, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers & administrations are constant looking for better methods.
Things that are proven are smaller class sizes.
Republicans think cutting funding will help.
Republicans think fewer teaches will help.
Republicans think pulling school choice will help as they pat themselves o the back for saving a couple of kids while leaving the vast majority stranded in a poor school with less funding.
Romney Ryan will cut pell grants.
Romney Ryan will cut federal aid to the States throwing more teachers out of work & increasing class size.
"Teachers & administrations are constant looking for better methods."

If they are looking for better, then what they have isn't good enough.

"Things that are proven are smaller class sizes."

Well then private schools and home schooling should be helping-less kids in public schools=smaller class size.

"Republicans think cutting funding will help."

Why keep pouring money into something that is failing so miserably?

"Republicans think fewer teaches will help."

Not quite, fewer bad teachers will help-why do the unions protect bad teachers?

"Republicans think pulling school choice will help as they pat themselves o the back for saving a couple of kids while leaving the vast majority stranded in a poor school with less funding."

I thought that Dems were all about choice-or is choice only important when abortion is one of the choices?
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768332 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Did anyone in Bush' cabinet ever defy him? Hell, he even got poor loyal soldier Colin Powell to make his phony case for war! If only he had the balls to say, NO.
That's the way it goes.
We the public never really know what goes on and perhaps we shouldn't. I personally think that covert operations are far better in achieving a goal rather than sending 150,000 troops there for 10 years. Mossad has a way of sneaking in anywhere and assassinating people and noone ever finds out it was them.
DEMOCRATS party of peace(s)of (S)hit
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#768333 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
Morons, or members of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", are members of a "church" invented by Joseph Smith, a horny conman and Freemason, in 1830. Smith decided that traditional Christianity wasn't fucking stupid enough, so he set out to create the most retarded religion in mankind's history, which surpasses even scientology in terms of absurdity. The early "Church" grew through charismatic public speeches and fervent missionary work which eventually came to promote polygamy (and pedophilia as a byproduct) as the recruitment drive grew more ferociously fucked up. In a brilliant employment of trolling for his own gain, Joseph realized that the hate brewing against his church would serve to bolster the believers' persecution complex, and feeling persecuted means that you never have to see the truth.
The result is that wherever they are, Mormons have a higher rate of sex crimes, adultery, and teen suicide than the national average. The only clear answer is that Joseph Smith was doing it for the lulz (and to fuck his cousin).
Harry Reid is a Mormon so I guess this applies to him as well?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#768336 Oct 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
Where in the world did Carmino Seranni go?
I hope the old guy didn't roll sevens__he was a bit of an end timer.

You can google his name Homer but it's with two r's and one n. You'll be treated to his life on topix.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#768337 Oct 11, 2012
Jonathan Hemlock wrote:
<quoted text>If OBAMA is a BIG LIE why would his adminstration be truthful
Truthful about what???? Lybia????
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768338 Oct 11, 2012
dem wrote:
Morons, or members of "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", are members of a "church" invented by Joseph Smith, a horny conman and Freemason, in 1830. Smith decided that traditional Christianity wasn't fucking stupid enough, so he set out to create the most retarded religion in mankind's history, which surpasses even scientology in terms of absurdity. The early "Church" grew through charismatic public speeches and fervent missionary work which eventually came to promote polygamy (and pedophilia as a byproduct) as the recruitment drive grew more ferociously fucked up. In a brilliant employment of trolling for his own gain, Joseph realized that the hate brewing against his church would serve to bolster the believers' persecution complex, and feeling persecuted means that you never have to see the truth.
The result is that wherever they are, Mormons have a higher rate of sex crimes, adultery, and teen suicide than the national average. The only clear answer is that Joseph Smith was doing it for the lulz (and to fuck his cousin).
HATE HATE HATE Demoncrat Party the party of HATE ALWAYS ALWAYS Will

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#768339 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>
That's probably what you do for a job, in addition to stalking the homeless. Did you see that son of one of those housewife reality shows in Miami, filmed himself punching a sleeping homeless man in the crotch, then posted it on Facebook saying it was so funny.
Not so fast buddy, the police recognized the homeless man, the kid was arrested. Another punk who thinks its sport to pick on the homeless, just like you, one day, karma's gonna gitcha!
300 Black men rob and occupy a Walmart. This is what O'bamanation has become-in your own state.

Gainesville, FL

#768340 Oct 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time we looked at the REAL problem and started tackling the solutions to lowering the cost of health care?
That's what should have been done in the first place, rather than sponsoring a destructive, ill-conceived government takeover.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#768341 Oct 11, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt Romney: I will close PBS.
WOW!
PBS is loved by all! Republicans mostly! Their co.s sponsor a lot of shows: even Koch bros.!
PBS BUDGET FROM FED GOV:$1 PER YEAR, PER CITIZEN!
That is a right winger tear drop in the ocean!
That was Mitt Romney's ONLY IDEA MENTIONED!
ALL DEBATE: ONE IDEA TO SAVE MONEY!$1.
Can you say backfire?
The Internet and social media is alive:
"I am now voting for President Obama."
"I will be dammed if this megalomaniac MITT ROMNEY Multi hundred millionaire is going to kill one of the best things in the USA!" PBS!
ALL SIDES AGREE!
MITT: go back to Utah, New Hampshire, Mass, California, Michigan, the Cayman's, Switzerland or where ever you claim to "be from" this week.
Search: Mitt Romney serial liar
Neither PBS or NPR deserve to be funded by the taxpayers if they show scorn, or support, for one political party over another.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation_for_...
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#768342 Oct 11, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>That Bill Clinton global economy is a bitch, isn't it.
NAFTA yea TPP coming soon NAFTA on roids THANKS BROTHER BARAK
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#768343 Oct 11, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just keep laughing Homer. Just get prepared while you do it.
We just bought an extra blanket so we should be good. I am more concerned with you and you crappy insurance should, God Forbid, something bad afflict you or your family. Hopefully National healthcare reform will keep you from being wiped out in the event of a tragedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chong cruises to victory (Oct '08) 2 hr no wonder 19
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Mothra 38,343
News Trump tweets endorsement of Romney Senate run 5 hr mr gleeble 2
News Is That Russia Troll Farm an Act of War? 6 hr ardith 6
News Special counsel files new charge in Russia probe 6 hr Trump is a joke 3
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 7 hr positronium 9,186
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr WelbyMD 243,317
More from around the web