Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643527 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765641 Oct 9, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
MITT ROMNEY LIED IN FRONT OF 72 MILLION!
All the polls will change shortly!
He can't win!
President Obama has a law.
Covers 100% of citizens. No lies needed!
Read that. Know that. Rotate on it: dumbffffck!
<quoted text>
A congressional investigation has revealed a top U.S. general in Afghanistan sought to stall an investigation into abuse at a U.S.-funded hospital in Kabul that kept patients in, quote,'Auschwitz-like' conditions. Army whistleblowers revealed photographs taken in 2010 which show severely neglected, starving patients at Dawood Hospital, considered the crown jewel of the Afghan medical system, where the country's military personnel are treated. The photos show severely emaciated patients, some suffering from gangrene and maggot-infested wounds. For TV viewers of Democracy Now!, please be warned: these images are extremely graphic and may be disturbing."

NOTHING MORE EVIL

Here's what I'm trying to get at. If you try to think of something more evil than what we are now doing, you'll fail. Name your evil: destroying the earth's climate? President Barack Obama flew to Copenhagen to single-handedly derail any process for protecting the earth's atmosphere. The only way in which to fantasize about greater evil is quantitative, not qualitative. We could drop more bombs. We could starve more children. We could experiment on more prisoners. In fact, this is what Lesser Evilism amounts to. A Lesser Evilist today is not choosing less evil policies, but the same policies in what he or she hopes will be lesser amounts.

That might be a rational calculation within a polling place. But living it prior to and after an election, apologizing and cheering for one of two teams, as if self-governance were a spectator sport, is nothing other than complicity in the most hideous forms of cruelty and murder. That complicity is insidious. Evil begins to look like something else, because the Lesser Evilist, within his or her own mind, comes to view the Lesser Evil forces as good, if not glorious, if not saintly.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765642 Oct 9, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
The massive government spending required to finance national health care would explode (INCREASE) the federal deficit with ruinous consequences for every American's standard of living.
According to the Congressional Budget Office, "Large budget deficits would reduce national saving, leading to more borrowing from abroad and less domestic investment, which in turn would depress income growth in the United States. Over time, the accumulation (INCREASE) of debt would seriously harm the economy."
No. The revenues increase along with the rising costs.

What national federal healthcare? I'd know but you copy & pasted without as source.

Obamacare is not national federal healthcare.

National federal healthcare would be more like single payer or a full blown government system of government owned hospitals & government hired doctors.

Obamacare calls to people buying insurance from private companies to get care from private providers.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Gainesville, FL

#765643 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Obama was the one looking into the camera. I think he forgot it was a debate. Personally, i think he hung out with the chum gang before the debate, what do you think?
I gotta admit that thought crossed my mind. There were times it seemed he said, SUDDENLY..."Self...LOOK AT THE CAMERA." like he suddenly realized where he was and what he was doing. Then he lapsed back into stupor.

Damn...a Preezy should be able to MAINTAIN.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#765644 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Strategy"??? Change your mind?
Late night talk show host David Letterman on Monday acknowledged that Mitt Romney had enjoyed a resurgence in the polls after a great performance in his first debate with President Barack Obama.

But Letterman worried that the Republican presidential nominee might be getting “a little cocky” after seeing his version of the Psy’s hit YouTube video,“Gangnam Style.”

Watch this video from CBS’ Late Night with David Letterman, broadcast Oct. 8, 2012.

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1pAqx )

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#765645 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is what happens to you loony left wingers when it looks like Obama is done for. If Romney wins the election, we are in for a rough ride as you stupid fcks destroy your own neighborhoods.
And there's just not enough money to clean up the mess Obama's base will make. They'll have to just live in the ruins they created.
It will be difficult to convince a business to invest in a community that burns itself to the ground.
TSM

United States

#765646 Oct 9, 2012
carol wrote:
Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year old Pakistani, who was nominated for the International Children's Peace Prize in 2011 for a blog she wrote under a pseudonym for the BBC and won the National Peace Prize in Pakistan and who was also honored with a school named after her was shot and killed along with two other young girls by the Taliban leaving their school.
She had chronicled life under the brutal and oppressive rule of the local faction of the Pakistani Taliban who carried out public floggings, hung dead bodies in the streets, and banned education for girls.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/09...
Does anyone really think the United States can become an isolationist country in light of this kind of evil in the world?
I know Tenzing, for one, was gung-ho about doing nothing and, therefore, allowing evil to abound because "it was none of our business". Ron Paul, too, I believe.
Absolutely unbelievable to me that some Americans have forgotten how to be the good guys and not selfish wimps.
Doesn't matter how we might have interfered with their governments in the past for the sake of world stability.
They people need supervision and our intervention precisely because they ARE the bullies of the world.
Agree!!

“Time to change the Boss”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#765648 Oct 9, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
MITT ROMNEY LIED IN FRONT OF 72 MILLION!
All the polls will change shortly!
He can't win!
President Obama has a law.
Covers 100% of citizens. No lies needed!
Read that. Know that. Rotate on it: dumbffffck!
<quoted text>
I realize that asking dems to show proof of anything is asking too much, but show proof that Romney lied?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#765650 Oct 9, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably you say surgery in Czech;
As if we needed any more proof that not only are you a moron, but a fckn bigoted moron to boot.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#765651 Oct 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Will ya learn how to copy and paste a hyperlink already!?
Here's Obama's pre-debate strategy
""It's a drag," he added. "They're making me do my homework.""
Copied it right off google, a search engine, you know, where words like strategy are used to describe things like debates. Don't like it? Don't care. Next time, know what you're talking about before you open your mouth, little fella.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#765653 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Is he on the ballot? You might help Romney win
Nah, my district is overwhelming poor, backwood hillbilly, they will vote Romney. They all want to be rich like him some day.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#765654 Oct 9, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why carbon "traders" can gain points to use to produce more poluters.
Even your anti-polution plans allow for more polition.
If I want to see idiocy like this, I'll just watch the Three Stooges.
Do you know how cap & trade works?

Carbon trading is a market based solution where higher emitters find themselves with higher costs & higher priced products than lower emitters.

It rewards the cleaner while punishing the dirtier.

If you want to see how this works, we currently have an operating successful cap & trade program that cured acid rain.
Peppy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#765656 Oct 9, 2012
Romney mania is rampant down here in the DR. Lots of signs, bumper sticker and Romney t-shirts. Even saw a dog with a Romney tattoo. Most of the previous Obama propaganda is in the landfill.

The locals keep shouting viva la romney, anyone know what that means?
Jonathan Hemlock

New York, NY

#765657 Oct 9, 2012
Obamacare Provides “Inferior” Protection

President Obama’s health care law is “an agreement between the federal government and big business” that “doesn’t protect Americans from bankruptcy and premature death,” said Dr. Reginald Clark, a health issues scholar who lectures at California State University, in Los Angeles. Most people will only be able to afford “inferior” levels of federally mandated health care coverage, he said.

U.S. Election Duopoly

“Both Republican and Democratic presidential candidates are deep in the pocket of ‘clean coal,’ as they are in the pockets of Big Ag, Big Insurance, military contractors, Wall Street and other centers of real power,” said BAR managing editor Bruce Dixon. For a progressive analysis of the debates between the two business parties, go to www.occupythedebates.org , beginning October 3.
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#765658 Oct 9, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why carbon "traders" can gain points to use to produce more poluters.
Even your anti-polution plans allow for more polition.
If I want to see idiocy like this, I'll just watch the Three Stooges.
allowing people and businesses to pollute if they pay is a ridiculous environmental strategy....a given level of emissions is either acceptable or it is not.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#765659 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
The Big Bird ads are hilarious. Did you hear the President saying "and Elmo was last seen driving a white suburban, or was it explorer?"
Suburban is Chevy. Explorer is Ford.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#765660 Oct 9, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Strategy"??? Change your mind?
Nope, just making fun of you. Whatever strategy Obama had before the debate, he failed miserably in executing it. Comprende now?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#765661 Oct 9, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news.
The government can't so anything without taking money from someone or some entity.
Yes, Obamacare is paid for.
Too bad the Republicans don't understand that concept.
After Obama steals that 716 billion dollars from Medicare, where's he going to get the rest of the money ObamaKare needs?
In case you're from another planet, the government is broke. It doesn't have any money.
So, where's the money going to come from?
carol

Orlando, FL

#765662 Oct 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Rightwing ideology is dehumanizing the President with all their myriad of names in their frustration that they can't just come right out and say "we want that n----r outta of the white house"
Conservatives aren't going to win a damn thing. Don't you hear your candidate? What's he saying today? He is agreeing with everything that the President has said!! He is not a rightwinger anymore! He just acted that way for a while, now, he said, nevermind. He is the biggest liar ever, you're the only one who refuses to see it, but the rest of the world does.
Listen, Lily. If he can't take the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen.

Where were you during the Bush Derangement Syndrome and the assaults by the left?

People want a qualified and competent president in the White House surrounded by qualified and competent people - even if not everyone agrees with their policies. It doesn't matter what color they are. Condi Rice and Colin Powell were black - and both of their parents were black too.

What is it that you don't get about this?
Nobama

Norristown, PA

#765663 Oct 9, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Threatening a presidential candidate will get you a visit by the secret service Melvin. Please be careful.
yes, that one was clearly over the line, a direct threat....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#765664 Oct 9, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
PTTWD - Post Traumatic Teleprompter Withdrawal Disorder
Some are having serious withdrawals

"Obama Supporters Claim It’s “Unfair” for Debate Commission to Deny Obama TelePrompter During Debate "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 3 hr Quirky 288
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr loose cannon 243,008
News Samuel L. Jackson echoes Morgan Freeman, says T... (Oct '11) Nov 20 Judge FrankenMoore 64
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) Nov 20 anonz 129
News Cruz challenger touting his old-guard Republica... Nov 20 By a vote 1
News George Will: All eyes turn to Illinois for an i... Nov 19 Rick Perry s Closet 1
News O'Reilly: GOP hopefuls running on empty (May '11) Nov 17 Swedenforever 4
More from around the web