Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405036 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707800 Aug 11, 2012
mtkjim wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck, even if Romney got by with not paying a few hundred K in taxes, that's a lot better than Obumma flushing a few Tril.
Yeah, I know what ya mean. It's different whenever you have to go out and earn money ... somehow you learn to respect it and not piss it away. Da Bammy truly isn't someone who ever worked for a living ... he created nothing but holes in telephne poles from his staple gun ... probably picked up the staples from one of Mitt's stores.

Jahx

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#707801 Aug 11, 2012
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that slavery is alive and well in Africa?
Blacks selling blacks, as they have done since the beginning of time.
There was only house slaves who were like stewards who could not resign, and only rich people who owned them, but your people tortured slaves, whipped them for pleasure and kill 15 million of them just in R D Congo... That's the main difference between human and white slavery over world history...
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707802 Aug 11, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who are in the United States military are patriotic Americans. Everyone in our military takes an oath very similar to the one the President himself takes. Service members have taken an oath swearing to defend our Constitution.
If there ever was an American president who thought he could invalidate the constitution he would have to make sure he had the support of all of those people in the military first. The problem is they have a primary duty to the Constitution over anything else, and I highly doubt our military would ever support any kind of a dictator assuming power here.
Military personel are all willing to die to protect our freedoms. That certainly doesn't make them sheep. They all obey the commands of the commander-in-chief.
It would be interesting to see how our militsary would respond if Obama signed an executive order declaring martial law and invalidatiing the constitution in orderto make some insane power grab.
The only attempt to overthrow our Government was made by Republicans in the 1930's, when JP Morgan and other rich industrialists tried to get Gen. Smedley Butler to raise an army to overthrow Roosevelt.

You are a very ignorant person, Glenn. It shows in your writing.

Go look up the fascist attempt to overthrow FDR.IT might teach you something aboout the loyalty of the wealthy. They're loyal to their money only. Nation be damned.
Patriot

Lafayette, CO

#707803 Aug 11, 2012
From the W.A.R.(Witness Actual Reality) Room

Just like the false-flag bombings of OKC and NYC, there is so much the media is NOT reporting.
Here is an eyewitness coming forward to tell the truth about the Sikh Temple shooting in Wisconsin.
Clearly, it was not the work of a single, lone, NUT gunman. Far from it.(Let’s see how long this lasts on YouTube!)

http://atrueott.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/from...

Since: Sep 08

Joliet, Illinois

#707804 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Barack Obama becoming another Karl Marx?
Becoming? He always has been a Marxist... with a little bit of Hitler tossed in to even out his disposition.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707805 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We need to get our spending under control. That's all we need to do.
Where do you suppose the money is going to come from for all these high-tech investments? China. That's where. But let's be more indebted to them so we can outdo them...yeah, that's the ticket.
Talk about something flying over someone's head...
Cut the defense budget, which we clearly cannot sustain. We're going broke just as the Soviets did. Too much spent on guns, too little on the people. That's why the Soviet Union crumbled. We can follow that approach, or we can cut ouor world policeman spending. I've heard you complain about it in the past, now you're mute.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707806 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got it all wrong. The Defense Dept is going broke and bankrupting our economy. We spend more for guns than all other nations combined!!
This election will be guns vs butter. Either take care of our citizens at home, or continue to be an Imperial Power, with hundreds of military bases worldwide, military gifts to nations we want to side with us, etc.
Your side wants more military, less concern for struggling Americans.
The American people will reject it. People count for more than weapons. Romney lost the senior vote by picking Ryan.
He's lost women, minorities, gays, seniors. All he has left is you wingnuts, which make up about 16% of a lunatic fringe.
Notice the polls increasingly going Obama's way??
Once they get done skinning Ryan alive, Mitt's support will collapse.
HAHA
Uh huh. LOL
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707807 Aug 11, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with a voucher program that allows seniors to shop for medicare insurance? duh Medicare is bankrupt. duh duh
IOWAHAWK:“Paul Ryan represent Obama’s most horrifying nightmare: math.”
Related: Paul Ryan needs to use @iowahawkblog’s line:“You know what will end Medicaid as we know it? Medicaid as we know it.”
Here's what's wrong, from your church:

""A day after the House Budget Committee voted 21-9 to approve a budget plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) renewed its criticism of the plan and urged members of the House of Representatives to “put a circle of protection” around three “essential programs.”

The entire House is scheduled to vote on Ryan’s Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act on May 10.

“I reiterate our strong opposition to an unfair proposal that would alter the Child Tax Credit to exclude children of hard-working, immigrant families,” wrote Bishop Stephen Blaire of Stockton, chairman of the USCCB’s Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development.“Denying the credit to children of working poor immigrant families--the large majority of whom are American citizens--would hurt vulnerable kids, increase poverty, and would not advance the common good.”

“The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps), provides vital food security to families during tough economic times,” Bishop Blaire added.“It is estimated that cuts proposed in this bill would deny assistance to two million families, and cut the benefit for everyone else. No poor family that receives food assistance would be unaffected, constituting a direct threat to their human dignity.”

“The Social Services Block Grant is an important source of funding for programs throughout the country that serve vulnerable members of our communities--the homeless, the elderly, people with disabilities, children living in poverty, and abuse victims,” he continued.“We should prioritize programs that serve “the least of these,” not eliminate them.”

“The Catholic bishops of the United States recognize the serious deficits our country faces, and we acknowledge that Congress must make difficult decisions about how to allocate burdens and sacrifices and balance resources and needs,” Bishop Blaire added.“However, deficit reduction and fiscal responsibility efforts must protect and not undermine the needs of poor and vulnerable people. The proposed cuts to programs in the budget reconciliation fail this basic moral test.”""
Jeebus

Oakville, CT

#707808 Aug 11, 2012
sockpuppet finder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fatass? Only lily the drunk uses that term, eh?
I notice Lily is already playing the anti-white race card, but I don't recall her ever posting anything negative about Biden being pasty white (and most of all, an IDIOT).
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707809 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure the elderly will listen intently to what they have to say first.
Did you ever tell me what you think Ryan's plan is? I'm still trying to catch up so may have missed it.
Why are you asking what others think it is??

You haven't read it yourself, so you have no idea..........

Go learn what's in it, before making a fool of yourself.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707810 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Nobraina clone makes an ass of himself!! Way to go!!
Ryan is what the military calls a 'target rich environment'.
The election will be about the radical right wingers, and you will lose, badly!!
Sure, Little Jimmy, sure. <kissmyass>
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707811 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh He is on record having already said it, you dumbass. You really don't know anything about your own candidate, do you??
... what do you really know about yours?

ABO/KMA 2012
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707812 Aug 11, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy, Little Jimmy, there you go again ... unfounded remarks like that only emphasize the aszhole you truly are. The IRS would have flagged him a long time ago. Loopholes are there in the Tax Code for anyone intelligent enough to use them. Ask my tax man ... he's really good at making sure I only pay what I must. Why would I or anyone pay more than one legally should?
You're completely ignorant, Nobraina.

Lots of people cheat and get away with it. Romney is among them.

If he had nothing to hide, he'd release them. If only to honor his father, who released yearsof tax returns to prove he wasn't a wealthy tax cheat.

The man rejects the example of his own father. And you're ignorant enough to support him, though you know nothing about his taxes.
Proves you're still the same ol' ignorant Nobraina.
Jeebus

Oakville, CT

#707813 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got it all wrong. The Defense Dept is going broke and bankrupting our economy. We spend more for guns than all other nations combined!!
This election will be guns vs butter. Either take care of our citizens at home, or continue to be an Imperial Power, with hundreds of military bases worldwide, military gifts to nations we want to side with us, etc.
Your side wants more military, less concern for struggling Americans.
The American people will reject it. People count for more than weapons. Romney lost the senior vote by picking Ryan.
He's lost women, minorities, gays, seniors. All he has left is you wingnuts, which make up about 16% of a lunatic fringe.
Notice the polls increasingly going Obama's way??
Once they get done skinning Ryan alive, Mitt's support will collapse.
HAHA
No worries. You'll have your butter. France is going to operate a military base here, and Belgium and Norway are chipping in for a missle defense system to protect North America. And the Swedish Navy will keep the Chinese off our coastline.

As Lois once said to Superman, "You've got me, but whose got you?"

Romney-Ryan 2012
for the United States of America as we know it
and NOT Obama's New Greece
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707814 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten' up. Homer knows it's all in jest.
Homer has a sense of humor...unlike some others we know. It's why I have always liked Homer - in spite of his political confusion.
Just sayin..........you start smiling about fat jokes, i'm sure lots will smile at fat jokes directed your way. Esp. since you've already admitted to your weight gain.

You seem to think that wingnut insults are amusing, but when they come at you, you cry foul!!

Think about it..........
fried_pee_brain_ IS_DNC

Haslet, TX

#707815 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking what others think it is??
You haven't read it yourself, so you have no idea..........
Go learn what's in it, before making a fool of yourself.
Slimey,
We know you are a coked up idiot....
Why are you conversing with us when you should be starting with simple things like your ABCs...

Your friend in idiocy....
A dum Liberal
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707816 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what's wrong, from your church:
""A day after the House Budget Committee voted 21-9 to approve a budget plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) renewed its criticism of the plan and urged members of the House of Representatives to “put a circle of protection” around three “essential programs.”
The entire House is scheduled to vote on Ryan’s Sequester Replacement Reconciliation Act on May 10.
“I reiterate our strong opposition to an unfair proposal that would alter the Child Tax Credit to exclude children of hard-working, immigrant families,” wrote Bishop Stephen Blaire of Stockton, chairman of the USCCB’s Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development.“Denying the credit to children of working poor immigrant families--the large majority of whom are American citizens--would hurt vulnerable kids, increase poverty, and would not advance the common good.”
“The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps), provides vital food security to families during tough economic times,” Bishop Blaire added.“It is estimated that cuts proposed in this bill would deny assistance to two million families, and cut the benefit for everyone else. No poor family that receives food assistance would be unaffected, constituting a direct threat to their human dignity.”
“The Social Services Block Grant is an important source of funding for programs throughout the country that serve vulnerable members of our communities--the homeless, the elderly, people with disabilities, children living in poverty, and abuse victims,” he continued.“We should prioritize programs that serve “the least of these,” not eliminate them.”
“The Catholic bishops of the United States recognize the serious deficits our country faces, and we acknowledge that Congress must make difficult decisions about how to allocate burdens and sacrifices and balance resources and needs,” Bishop Blaire added.“However, deficit reduction and fiscal responsibility efforts must protect and not undermine the needs of poor and vulnerable people. The proposed cuts to programs in the budget reconciliation fail this basic moral test.”""
Message to the Bishops: Watch the movie "Shoes of the Fisherman", starring Anthony Quinn ... end of the story: Sell all YOU (the Church) have and give it to the poor.

My message: Fck those who can but won't work.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707817 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Obama was admitted into Occidental as a foreign exchange student?
Tell him to release his college records. He could be sitting in the Oval Office illegally as we speak.
I mean, if he has nothing to hide...
He is the President. His records were not sealed until after the election. DUH

You had your chance to vet his records in 2008, but you blew it. Your buddies were too busy whacking off to their Palin photos! You seem to think he is just running for President. He IS the President. Nothing will change that.

You are consumed with the same racist nonsense as the entire Teabaggers group has used to denigrate this man. It's all about painting him as 'the other', not a 'real American', in Palin's words.

It's all about your racism, which you hide poorly.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707818 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't know about the fire bombs. There's a lot of things I don't know. But like they say, when you stop learning, you stop living. So at least I'm still kicking.
I taught American History to fifth graders. Teaching them Americans dropped fire bombs on innocent civilians in WWII wasn't in the curriculum. Teaching them about America's early history was.
You didn't take history in college?? To be a teacher?? That's whacked!!

Quit with the lying.
fried_pee_brain_ IS_DNC

Haslet, TX

#707819 Aug 11, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sayin..........you start smiling about fat jokes, i'm sure lots will smile at fat jokes directed your way. Esp. since you've already admitted to your weight gain.
You seem to think that wingnut insults are amusing, but when they come at you, you cry foul!!
Think about it..........
Slimey Jimmy,

You are an idiot...

'Just sayin'

Dum liberal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Limbertwig 233,349
News Obama Expands Refugee Program for Central Ameri... 38 min Wildchild 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Dr Guru 219,592
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 2 hr YourEx 6
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr LIbEralS 35,561
News Hillary is best candidate for U.S. president (Feb '08) 3 hr Responsibilty 938
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 6 hr Wife Dealers 44
More from around the web