Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263737 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Windermere, FL

#707658 Aug 11, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>liberals are... As Lenin said - "Useful idiots"...
-
It's the culture..
What's disturbing is the number of "useful idiots" who seem so willing to fall into that category.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#707659 Aug 11, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Why in the world would I vote for anyone who supports 'the upper' class; those who make >$100k? This country was founded on the backs of the working man, and only when we get that group back will America be strong again. Too many jobs have been lost to foreign countries and their cheap labor. Stop fooling with the minimum wage, get your head out of the worlds backyard and get your focus back into what is going on in your own backyard (no jobs for the working man). Enough...see the big picture and stop focus on the distractions.
Romney - Paul! America's comeback team!

The Kenyan's team? America's welfare moochers, slackers, union thugs, fluker sluts, illegal aliens, gay rights bullies, atheist haters and commie occupier scum.

America says ENOUGH!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#707660 Aug 11, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Why in the world would I vote for anyone who supports 'the upper' class; those who make >$100k? This country was founded on the backs of the working man, and only when we get that group back will America be strong again. Too many jobs have been lost to foreign countries and their cheap labor. Stop fooling with the minimum wage, get your head out of the worlds backyard and get your focus back into what is going on in your own backyard (no jobs for the working man). Enough...see the big picture and stop focus on the distractions.
On the Issues:

Eventually Clinton came around to the idea of cutting the capital gains tax. The tax was cut and revenue poured in! Gingrich wanted to cut spending even more. Even though the rates were lower, the economic growth brought in hundreds of billions extra each year. The proportion of taxes paid by the richest 1% rose from 37% in 2000 to 40% in 2006, even though their tax rate had been cut! 8 years to eradicate, was gone in less than 2 years.

That's the glory of...that's the story of capitalism. If the big wheels don't turn, the cogs don't turn either.
fred

Milford, CT

#707661 Aug 11, 2012
JEB wrote:
A recent decision by New York's Democratic senators to post their tax returns on their Senate web sites has added to the national conversation about taxes and the wBy J. Scott Applewhite,
Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., posted his 2011 tax return online on July 26.
Schumers tax return? So what? Who cares?

Romney - Ryan! America's comeback team!
carol

Windermere, FL

#707662 Aug 11, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan commie accuses Republicans of which he is most guilty. Projection is a mental defect which rots the Kenyan fish head first and then all the way down to Hindenburg homer.
Romney - Ryan 2012!
Hidenburg Homer...that's funny.(Sorry Homer.)

Maybe the initials "R and R" is a good omen?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707663 Aug 11, 2012
yepperz wrote:
So much for the referendum
By Steve Benen - Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 AM EDT
As of this morning, Romney's strategy has been thrown out the window. Paul Ryan wrote a right-wing budget plan, which redistributes wealth from the bottom up, and which guarantees voters will be presented with a very clear choice in the fall, not a referendum.
Indeed, it's not unreasonable to think the entire election dynamic will be turned on its ear -- voters will be asked to vote, not on Obama, but on the far-right Romney-Ryan vision.
And what is the vision crafted by a man who credits Ayn Rand for his involvement in politics? It's one in which Medicare would be replaced with a voucher scheme; Social Security would be privatized; taxes would be cut even more for the very wealthy; and Washington would "take food from poor children, make it harder for low-income students to get a college degree, and squeeze funding for research, education, and infrastructure."
What's more, the Ryan plan does not reduce the debt, either.
This has always been less of a budget plan and more of a right-wing fantasy. As of this morning, Romney not only endorses this right-wing vision, he owns it -- and in the process, he's presented the electorate with a dramatic choice, not a referendum.
LOL! I'm so glad he picked Herman Munster!! Oh yes! Send him to Florida to sell his voucher plan!

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#707664 Aug 11, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
Paul Ryan...another crook.
He is a crook?

Then he has convictions!

Please post proof of your ASSertions unless you are being a whiny, dishonest liberal and just say negative things about people for no good reason.

That is what we thought.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707665 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they probably WILL use senior scare tactics again. But this time they'll throw grandma out of an airplane.
Can't be too over the top when it comes to deceiptful and unconscienable tactics and losing their power, now can they?
Scare tactics? Just look at Ryans proposals for the elderly. Anyway, I am delighted he chose Ryan.
4 more years! Thanks Mitt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707666 Aug 11, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The middle class.
Children, students, veterans, women

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707667 Aug 11, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Hidenburg Homer...that's funny.(Sorry Homer.)
Maybe the initials "R and R" is a good omen?
Yeah, like in "railroad"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#707668 Aug 11, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I'm so glad he picked Herman Munster!! Oh yes! Send him to Florida to sell his voucher plan!
First of all, Romney did not pick Joe Biden; Obama did. Secondly, neither one will be visiting Florida with a liquor voucher plan for you, you confused vile beast drunk.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#707669 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Scare tactics? Just look at Ryans proposals for the elderly. Anyway, I am delighted he chose Ryan.
that must be why you are carrying on so crazily...or could it just be your morning hangover?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#707670 Aug 11, 2012
From the GOP vice Pres. elect : hey old people, here's $10,000 now go drop dead
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#707671 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Children, students, veterans, women
Will all be supporting Romney/Ryan instead of Failure Obama/Simpleton Biden.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#707672 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Mitt just shot himself in the foot. They can kiss Florida goodbye. End of story.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#707673 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, like in "railroad"
lily loves the underground railroad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707674 Aug 11, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt just shot himself in the foot. They can kiss Florida goodbye. End of story.
Thanks Mitt!! 4 More Years. If he sends Ryan to Century Village, the old people will run him out with their walkers!!

Maybe he wants to lose?

"In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican." - H. L. Mencken

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

United States

#707675 Aug 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Can't get former President Republican George W Bush to attend.

Obama has released his tax returns for every year dating back to 2000.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707676 Aug 11, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get former President Republican George W Bush to attend.
Obama has released his tax returns for every year dating back to 2000.
He prefers to stay in the "Swamp"!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#707677 Aug 11, 2012
The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand,” he said at a D.C. gathering honoring the author of “Atlas Shrugged” and “The Fountainhead.”“I give out ‘Atlas Shrugged’ as Christmas presents, and I make all my interns read it. Well… I try to make my interns read it

http://thinkprogress.org/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min American Lady 190,206
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min woodtick57 194,577
News Stressful times for low-polling Republicans who... 4 hr Cat74 23
News Majority wants Congress to reject Iran deal 10 hr Le Jimbo 92
News Huckabee gets Fox facetime before debate rankings Fri stalk this 4
News House to Obama: Fire the head of the IRS or we'... Thu ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Obama Plugs Health Care Law at Texas Fundraiser (Mar '12) Thu Organ farts 33
More from around the web