Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404366 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Washington Insider

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#684752 Jul 14, 2012
Watch fox news tonight for details

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#684753 Jul 14, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Or let's not.....
There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.
The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can contribute to prejudice, Hodson wrote in an email to LiveScience.
http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence...
Pshaw, just because there’s scientific evidence that right wingers are stupid doesn’t apply across the “conservative” spectrum. Neocons are anything but stupid ... wait a sec. That’s right <slap forehead> neocons aren’t conservative, they just manipulate the stupid “conservatives”.

Nevermind.
Washington Insider

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#684754 Jul 14, 2012
The truth will set you free
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#684755 Jul 14, 2012
Ho hum, another one ...

Police: Kerry Kennedy, NY governor's ex-wife, arrested

... it's the culture.

LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#684756 Jul 14, 2012
Today's take....

Account of Romney's Bain departure has evolved

Conflicting evidence on his role after 1999

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusett...

I see a libel lawsuit coming soon.

lol
carol

Orlando, FL

#684757 Jul 14, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Mitt Romney says he left his corporation worth hundreds of millions of dollars in the hands of others while he went to "rescue" the Olympics.
He never ever checked in or bothered to see what was happening and was never contacted about any projects.
Romney did not do these things, his company did.
Yep, must be it.
Sole owner
CEO
President
Had no clue what was going on.
A number of Obama's liberal supporters dismissed the flop of Solyndra by saying “Some companies succeed, some companies fail. That’s how capitalism works.”

Uh-oh...problem is, that's how Bain works too...and Obama risked OUR money - 500 million to be exact.

There were 15 other loans totaling more than $6 billion made by the financing bank as part of the stimulus program to renewable-energy companies. That's a lot of OUR money if any of these companies should fail too.

Obama should be very careful. This is going to backfire on him just like all of his other failed strategies have.

Location hidden

#684758 Jul 14, 2012
Oh goody!

Psycho nutcase Michelle Malkin's on at the top of the hour.

She's always a hoot!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#684759 Jul 14, 2012
Washington Insider wrote:
The truth will set you free
Watching FOX will carry you far from that goal.
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#684760 Jul 14, 2012
Grampy wrote:
Romney's leadership of Bain Capital didn't lead to increasing their debt by $5.25 Trillion in his first 3-1/2 years on the job. Too bad we can't say that about Obama's 1st CEO job.
His companies were able to file bankrupt. Making money is one thing, doing good business on behalf of 310 million people is entirely different.

You would think that he'd be running on how effective of a governor he was, not the businessman? What's he going to do? Paint the house, replace the windows and doors, reseed the lawn, take photos of people smiling and auction it off to the highest bidder. Then give it back to democrats to tax for the superficial repairs? If that's what his job plan is, he can keep it.
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#684761 Jul 14, 2012
In another attempt to censor the Internet SOPA is reborn by Congress this time as the Intellectual Property Attache Act.

In the past several months, Congress has attempted to police and control the Internet with bills such as PIPA, SOPA and CISPA. But due to blackout campaigns by websites such as Wikipedia, Google and Reddit and protest from citizens, the legislation has been shot down repeatedly. Now the hydra has reared a new head this time known as the Intellectual Property Attache Act.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/07/11/s...

- PLUS -

Congress Now Trying To Outlaw Reporting On Government Corruption

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/07/13/c...
Democrap

Hutchinson, KS

#684762 Jul 14, 2012
Portrebzie
carol

Orlando, FL

#684763 Jul 14, 2012
Grampy wrote:
Romney's leadership of Bain Capital didn't lead to increasing their debt by $5.25 Trillion in his first 3-1/2 years on the job. Too bad we can't say that about Obama's 1st CEO job.
That's the thing isn't it?

Obama gains or loses nothing risking our money. We lose.

Location hidden

#684764 Jul 14, 2012
LOL wrote:
Ho hum, another one ...
Police: Kerry Kennedy, NY governor's ex-wife, arrested
... it's the culture.
LOL
lol

Somebody's actually parroting Floriduh.

lol
Billy Bob

Upper Marlboro, MD

#684765 Jul 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
Oh goody!
Psycho nutcase Michelle Malkin's on at the top of the hour.
She's always a hoot!
That "Fishhead" is a great leader for idiots on the right. LMAO
carol

Orlando, FL

#684766 Jul 14, 2012
Slurpee Summit wrote:
<quoted text> His companies were able to file bankrupt. Making money is one thing, doing good business on behalf of 310 million people is entirely different.
You would think that he'd be running on how effective of a governor he was, not the businessman? What's he going to do? Paint the house, replace the windows and doors, reseed the lawn, take photos of people smiling and auction it off to the highest bidder. Then give it back to democrats to tax for the superficial repairs? If that's what his job plan is, he can keep it.
It's not the federal government's job to do "good business" on behalf of anyone. That's the private sector's job.
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#684767 Jul 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
Since I hadn’t been on here much this week instead of reading pages and pages of drivel I thought I’d catch up with Carol, Retard Fred, etc. by watching Fox and Friends Saturday to get up on all the latest talking points.
I learned that one of the reasons there’s been such an increase in Food Stamp recipients was because Nancy Pelosi made “ATM” cards with her gavel thus removing the “shame” of being on food stamps. What I learned on the DOA website however was that EBT cards have been available in all US States and Guam since 2004. I guess it wasn’t Nancy’s Speaker gavel that made the cards huh?
I also heard how ridiculous it was to say that cutting revenue had a “cost”. Duh! If I take a pay cut and put the difference on my credit card it isn’t going to cost me a thing!
That’s all I can think of right now, don’t know how they retain all this garbage. Its in one ear out the other cranial junk food.
Maybe tomorrow morning I’ll watch MSNBC.
Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton are "job creators".
Paid Programming isn't necessarily the truth, either way. Sure, they talk about current events to give a person the misconception that they're reporting the actual news, throughout the broadcast but their opinions are paid for.
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#684768 Jul 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing isn't it?
Obama gains or loses nothing risking our money. We lose.
How much do you have invested and Obama didn't come up with the system, some other idiot with a short attention span did. Let's bring a whole lot of foreigners over and call them naturalized citizens. I guess the French had other plans.

How's your republic charter doing? While you criticize the federation.

Location hidden

#684769 Jul 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A number of Obama's liberal supporters dismissed the flop of Solyndra by saying “Some companies succeed, some companies fail. That’s how capitalism works.”
Uh-oh...problem is, that's how Bain works too...and Obama risked OUR money - 500 million to be exact.
There were 15 other loans totaling more than $6 billion made by the financing bank as part of the stimulus program to renewable-energy companies. That's a lot of OUR money if any of these companies should fail too.
Obama should be very careful. This is going to backfire on him just like all of his other failed strategies have.
Details ... details.

The loan guarantee for Solyndra was funded by the Energy Policy Act of 2005. The Obama administration did select Solyndra as an applicant but the funds were apportioned by your "conservative" friends.
carol

Orlando, FL

#684770 Jul 14, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Pshaw, just because there’s scientific evidence that right wingers are stupid doesn’t apply across the “conservative” spectrum. Neocons are anything but stupid ... wait a sec. That’s right <slap forehead> neocons aren’t conservative, they just manipulate the stupid “conservatives”.
Nevermind.
Scientific evidence? That's hilarious. You didn't read the entire article. Here, I'll pick it apart for you one hilarious thing at a time.

Hodson was quick to note that the researchers weren't implying all liberals are brilliant and all conservatives stupid.

"There are multiple examples of very bright conservatives and not-so-bright liberals, and many examples of very principled conservatives and very intolerant liberals," Hodson said.

Nosek gave another example to illustrate the dangers of taking the findings too literally.

"We can say definitively men are taller than women on average," he said. "But you can't say if you take a random man and you take a random woman that the man is going to be taller. There's plenty of overlap."

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence...

You and sonic are "dangerously" taking these findings "too literally".

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#684771 Jul 14, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the federal government's job to do "good business" on behalf of anyone. That's the private sector's job.
Carol wants to privatize the entire federal, state & local governments including the military proving what a good Republican she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dale 219,504
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Demonicrats 233,133
News Emanuel Cleaver: Hillary Clinton faces a irrati... 2 hr Oh No You Di-nt 13
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr Talkin To IBdaNight 35,559
News KKK Endorsement (Mar '08) 9 hr Divorce Attorney 132
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 11 hr Divorce Lawyer 43
News A female presidential candidate offers encourag... Mon R WELCH 1
More from around the web