Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276975 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

GW Bush

Los Angeles, CA

#684607 Jul 13, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Bush is much more popular than Obama,today.
Yes, I am.
GW Bush

Los Angeles, CA

#684609 Jul 13, 2012
I hereby endorse Mitt Romney for President.
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684611 Jul 13, 2012
mr right ness wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush? naw, here's what happened:
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.
on the local level, groups like ACORN who are led by COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS, extort $$ from contractors in major cities by forcing them to hire X number of minority workers when they are working on inner city construction projects. The Coalition sees that they get paid each day whether they show up or not.
Lily Boca Raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#684612 Jul 13, 2012
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The question should be "Why is Obama hiding his college records?" If Obama had nothing to hide,we would all know what courses he took while at Occidental and Columbia.
I hope he never does just to piss you losers off
Mr Hooty Owl

Los Angeles, CA

#684613 Jul 13, 2012
Jeebus wrote:
Michelle Headed to London!
Now this is what I call a grand excursion.
First Lady Michelle Obama will be on her way to London next month, leading the U.S. delegation to the Olympic Games, which start July 27 and end August 12.
I assume she will take her daughters. It’s not clear how long they will be staying, but it’s more than likely they will make a vacation out of it.
Michelle and the girls each year take an exorbitant vacation without Barack to some far-flung locale, mostly at taxpayer expense .
In 2009 they went on a luxury trip to the “Spanish Riviera,” staying in what must qualify as a SIX STAR hotel in gorgeous Marbella.
In 2010 they went to southern Africa, this time throwing in some “official” events so that the safari and other exciting activities they engaged in didn’t look quite so tourist-like. Michelle brought her nephews and her mother along to help represent the United States of America.
It’s not clear why the United States needs to send a delegation to the Olympic games, but nevertheless, Michelle has decided she will bear the burden. The trip is also ostensibly an opportunity for her to promote her “Let’s Move” kids’ fat reduction program, though it’s hard to imagine this will take up a lot of her time.
“The First Lady is working to turn the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games into action by getting more kids healthy and active,” the White House said in a statement.
Personally, I’d like to have the taxpayers send me to the Bahamas so I can draw attention to the erosion of the coral reef.
I of course would also spend ample time in my resort’s swimming pool to remind parents to teach their kids to swim, and highlight the dangers of sun exposure by remembering to put on plenty of suntan lotion before I sun myself on the deck.
And let’s not forget my mission to point out the dangers of alcohol abuse, which I will carry out by demonstrating exactly what happens when I raid the Minibar.
by Keith Koffler on June 22, 2012
WOW... this is so pithy.

A red-flag warning to Americans everywhere!

Subversive lefty-communism at its most cunning.

Read this OVER AND OVER.

You will be quizzed.
Mr Hooty Owl

Los Angeles, CA

#684614 Jul 13, 2012
Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>on the local level, groups like ACORN who are led by COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS, extort $$ from contractors in major cities by forcing them to hire X number of minority workers when they are working on inner city construction projects. The Coalition sees that they get paid each day whether they show up or not.
I'd put an end to this lawlessness.

But right now, I'm on my way to bomb an abortion clinic.
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684615 Jul 13, 2012
Mitt Romney wrote:
(Sung to the Beatles' "Taxman")
If you decry my wars I'll say you want defeat.
If you shout "Pro-rich!", I'll say hit the street.
Outsourcing jobs is pefect for me.
If you can't find a job, I won't lose any sleep.
Cause I'm the Mitt Man!
Oh yeah, I'm the Mitt Man.
hey, how about a song for wealthy Dems who are fleeing the country to avoid paying taxes?

here's some lyrics for ya:

Dem donor’s departure: Taxes too high even for rich
July 12, 2012

The Issue: Democratic fundraiser Denise Rich’s renouncement of her US citizenship.

The departure of Denise Rich is another case of “good riddance,” the damage having already been done.

President Clinton, influenced by campaign donations, granted a last-minute pardon to her husband, Marc Rich, a fugitive from justice.

And guess who signed off on the pardon — our current empty-suit attorney general, Eric Holder.

what rhymes with hypocrites?
Mr Hooty Owl

Los Angeles, CA

#684618 Jul 13, 2012
Jeebus wrote:
Only 3 Times...Only 3
In all the years since D-Day, there are three occasions when the president failed to go to the D-Day Monument that honors the soldiers killed during the Invasion.
The occasions were:
1. Barack Obama 2010
2. Barack Obama 2011
3. Barack Obama 2012

For the past 68 years, all presidents, except Obama, have paid tribute to the fallen soldiers killed on D-Day.
This year, instead of honoring the soldiers, he made a campaign trip on Air Force 1 to California to raise funds for the upcoming election.
TRAITOR!

Impeach! Impeach!
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684619 Jul 13, 2012
Mr Hooty Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd put an end to this lawlessness.
But right now, I'm on my way to bomb an abortion clinic.
Didn't you hear? They changed calling "abortion" to "waterboarding," so now the left no longer supports it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#684620 Jul 13, 2012
Mr Hooty Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Danged $#@* United Nations. Buncha communie, Islamic, Nazi-Stalinist Liberal terrorists out to destroy THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE.
I now invite all loyal Republicans to join me in a hum of The Star Spangled Banner.
Hmmm, hmmm-hmmm-hmmm-hmmm, by the dawn's hmmm-hmmm-hmmm
For you, humming will be an enema.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#684622 Jul 13, 2012
mr right ness wrote:
Scott Walker Magically Turns Dismal Wisconsin Job Numbers Into A ...
www.forbes.com/.../scott-walker-magically-tur... ...
May 15, 2012 – With Wisconsin's lagging job growth now driving voter sentiment as the state heads towards the June 5th election, Walker's Wisconsin ...
The page you requested could not be found
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684624 Jul 13, 2012
Mr Hooty Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW... this is so pithy.
A red-flag warning to Americans everywhere!
Subversive lefty-communism at its most cunning.
Read this OVER AND OVER.
You will be quizzed.
BREAKING NEWS

Michelle Obama has cancelled her London vacation, I mean diplomatic work, and is instead with the money saved she is donating fresh vegetables to millions of inner city fat kids who can't escape from eating at McDonalds.
Mitt Romney

Los Angeles, CA

#684626 Jul 13, 2012
GW Bush wrote:
I hereby endorse Mitt Romney for President.
OMG... No...

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684627 Jul 13, 2012
Mr Hooty Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
TRAITOR!
Impeach! Impeach!
Can the traitorous FLOTUS be impeached after mouthing "all this for a flag?"

FBI

Los Angeles, CA

#684630 Jul 13, 2012
Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>
BREAKING NEWS
Michelle Obama has cancelled her London vacation, I mean diplomatic work, and is instead with the money saved she is donating fresh vegetables to millions of inner city fat kids who can't escape from eating at McDonalds.
Sounds suspicious.

We will investigate immediately.

As soon as I finish my Big Mac.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#684631 Jul 13, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he never does just to piss you losers off
Even if he's a 100% fraud?
FBI

Los Angeles, CA

#684632 Jul 13, 2012
Mitt Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG... No...
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!
TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!
Okay, I'll retract my endorsment.

But it'll cost you.

(See what I mean about creating opportunities?)

heh heh heh
John McCain

Los Angeles, CA

#684633 Jul 13, 2012
I endorse Mitt Romney, too.
Mitt Romey

Los Angeles, CA

#684634 Jul 13, 2012
Oh no, the Jowly One endorses me as well.

I'm a dead man.
Jeebus

Edison, NJ

#684635 Jul 13, 2012
Taking Down the Bird feeder

I bought a bird feeder. I hung
It on my back porch and filled
It with seed. What a beauty of
A bird feeder it was, as I filled it Lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds
Taking advantage of the
Continuous flow of free and
Easily accessible food.

But then the birds started
Building nests in the boards
Of the patio, above the table,
And next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was
Everywhere: on the patio tile,
The chairs, the table ..
Everywhere!

Then some of the birds
Turned mean. They would
Dive bomb me and try to
Peck me even though I had
Fed them out of my own
Pocket.

And others birds were
Boisterous and loud. They
Sat on the feeder and
Squawked and screamed at
All hours of the day and night
And demanded that I fill it
When it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even
Sit on my own back porch
Anymore. So I took down the
Bird feeder and in three days
The birds were gone. I cleaned
Up their mess and took down
The many nests they had built
All over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like
It used to be ..... Quiet, serene....
And no one demanding their
Rights to a free meal.

Now let's see.
Our government gives out
Free food, subsidized housing,
Free medical care and free
Education, and allows anyone
Born here to be an automatic
Citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the
Tens of thousands. Suddenly
Our taxes went up to pay for
Free services; small apartments
Are housing 5 families; you
Have to wait 6 hours to be seen
By an emergency room doctor;
Your child's second grade class is
Behind other schools because
Over half the class doesn't speak
English.

Corn Flakes now come in a
Bilingual box; I have to
'press one ' to hear my bank
Talk to me in English, and
People waving flags other
Than 'Old Glory' are
Squawking and screaming
In the streets, demanding
More rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe
it's time for the government
To take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not,
Just continue cleaning up the poop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min An NFL Fan 193,934
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,943
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 34,475
News Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 4 hr Swedenforever 460
News Obama's 2nd term travails: A lame duck before h... (Jul '14) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 83
News Tea Party climate change deniers funded by BP a... (Oct '10) Mon IBdaMann 22
News Obama, Romney prepare for first debate (Oct '12) Mon swedenforever 49
More from around the web