Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252521 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

History

Russellville, KY

#650643 May 25, 2012
Mitch McConnell: "I Want To Be Senate Majority Leader In Order To Make Obama A One-Term President ". Anything that can be done has been done to hurt America by the Republicans.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#650644 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
When GW Bush left office, the economy nearly crashed. Even after the March 2009 bail-outs, we've been on life support, thanks to the GOP.
Do you really think bailing out GM, AIG and the major banks was going to be cheap? Not to mention millions of Americans out of work and in need of unemployment benefits.
Think again.
Almost (4) years later and we have ....gay marriage and King Obama having a son in Sanford??

Hee, Hee.

The economy needs a rudder but the Kenyan Snake is simply up on deck bragging about Osama Bin Laden and telling Americans about he's evolving.

On top of all that, he sings Al Green on Letterman.

We need a President and not a schoolboy braggart posing as a bush league savior.
ADH

Garland, TX

#650645 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a hypocrite.
I post the truth. You post crap that he must get from Limbaugh, Beck, or Fox News.
But hey, be a dumbf*ck all your life, I'm sure you are used to it by now.
BTW, the Republican budget ca;ling for the repeal of the ACA was expected to pass the Senate,right.
Dumbass.
Obama submitted 4 budgets.
Obama has submitted budgets and received zero votes for them. That's pathetic.
TheIndependentMa jority

Mount Vernon, KY

#650646 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But we wee talking about importing less oil. Not about jobs. You were caught with a really stupid comment & now you want to change it to be about jobs?
What, 8,000 jobs a year? Is it worth it?
So we can transport a very caustic, poisonous product through our heartland, crossing tributaries to our largest river system, across aquifers so this product can be refined & loaded on ships & sent to China?
I wonder, if you had a farm along the route and the government knocked on your door & told you it was talking your land so a Canadian oil company could sell its sh*t to Communist China. How would that feel?
So you prefer dependency on mid-east oil?

I would hope that the government would have a little more decency than that. If not, then they should learn some. They are just citizens too.

God knows, they've had no problem EPA'ing thus far.
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#650647 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I post the truth.
Really? "The" truth, huh?

According to whom?

Lapeer, MI

#650648 May 25, 2012
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you're avoiding the main point I raised. The economic crash occurred on the Republican watch. Obama has been stuck the last three years dealing with it.
I don't see how liberals are forcing Blacks down anyone's throat. Unless you mean public housing. In which case, I catch your drift.
Let me start by saying there are Blacks who live in the same complex I live in and in the 15 years I've been there, there's never been serious trouble.
But, that's not the same thing as public housing. I'll go so far as to say, I'm not so liberal I'm blind to the problems of bringing in lower class people into a more upscale community. That's F-ing stupid, no matter what color the newcomers are. The reason being, there's probably going to be something of a scruffy (being euphemistic) element which comes with it. In which case, the established residents shouldn't have to put up with it.
The Democrats aren't perfect. But I think their hearts are more in the right place.
We can agree on this: King Obama is stuck.

On himself.

On being clueless.

For a campaign theme.

He would do better finding a life outside of office. Don't worry about him. Affirmative Action will follow him for all of his days.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#650649 May 25, 2012
ADH wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, you know that most people will sadly believe Jay Carney when he said,“I simply make the point, as an editor might say, to check it out; do not buy into the BS that you hear about spending and fiscal constraint with regard to this administration. I think doing so is a sign of sloth and laziness.”
After all, that's how we got Obama as president in the first place: a fairly ingorant electorate.
Just to set things straight, though:
"One common way to measure federal spending is to compare it to the size of the overall U.S. economy. That at least puts the level into context, helping account for population growth, inflation and other factors that affect spending. Here’s what the White House’s own budget documents show about spending as a percentage of the U.S. economy (gross domestic product):
2008: 20.8 percent
2009: 25.2 percent
2010: 24.1 percent
2011: 24.1 percent
2012: 24.3 percent
2013: 23.3 percent
In the post-war era, federal spending as a percentage of the U.S. economy has hovered around 20 percent, give or take a couple of percentage points. Under Obama, it has hit highs not seen since the end of World War II — completely the opposite of the point asserted by Carney. Part of this, of course, is a consequence of the recession, but it is also the result of a sustained higher level of spending."
"Carney suggested the media were guilty of “sloth and laziness,” but he might do better next time than cite an article he plucked off the Web, no matter how much it might advance his political interests. The data in the article are flawed, and the analysis lacks context — context that could easily could be found in the budget documents released by the White House"
3 Pinocchios
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Jay Carney is an incompetent fool who will soon be under the Obama bus.

Obama wants to lay Porkulus and the bailouts on the last Bush budget and then measure from this bloated base.

Americans are smarter than that. Well, maybe not Obamabots.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#650650 May 25, 2012
Obama campaigning to a kiddie audience again today in shuck-and-jive mode.

Lapeer, MI

#650651 May 25, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? "The" truth, huh?
According to whom?
Maybe it's one of those mysterious paradoxes of Life that a liar can tell the truth? Maybe ImaginaryDave is actaully a brilliant social commentator that we haven't yet recognized.

Like hell.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#650652 May 25, 2012
ADH wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has submitted budgets and received zero votes for them. That's pathetic.
that's because they sucked so bad that even the dumbass liberals could not support them.

Lapeer, MI

#650653 May 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell tonight threw a wet blanket on Sean Hannity's longtime obsession with attacking President Obama over Reverend Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers.
During an interview with Powell on his Fox News show, Hannity said that he finds Obama to be "one of the most divisive figures in -- that I've witnessed in politics today."
Powell responded: "[T]hat's a term that's being used rather freely. I don't think he's that divisive an issue." Powell then asked, "What could have been more divisive than, when President Obama was inaugurated, for a number of Republicans, friends of mine, and a number of commentators to say,'We're going to destroy him. We're going to destroy him'?"
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201205230002
This is an empty shell of a presentation. It's...nothing. What are you actually trying to present here?

Lapeer, MI

#650654 May 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
CNN's Ruben Navarrette: Limbaugh's Claim That Minorities Seek Payback From Whites Is "Nonsense," A "Paranoid Fantasy"
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201205240021
MediaMatters is a liberal craphole but that never bothers you when digging in it. Wasn't it started by a group of frustrated liberal TV Sitcom producers?

Yeah. I think it was.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#650655 May 25, 2012
retard fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Race card? Really?
Americans have no problem differentiating between the capitalist Romney and Republicans and the communist lizard and Democrats. Only a dullard like you would claim that they were the same. duh
"tall" is not a race.

Lapeer, MI

#650656 May 25, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Colin Powell Brushes Away Hannity’s Attack Dogs
“I don't know Bill Ayers from the man in the moon. Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright are just passing things through his life.…Everybody tries to make it the defining issue of the 2008 campaign. And guess what, the American people heard it, they heard all the attacks, they heard all the things that were said about the Reverend Wright issue… and they elected him president.”
http://www.newshounds.us/colin_powell_brushes...
More lies. No, the American people did NOT hear all of the stories about King Obama and his relationships with Marxist Ayers, Black Panthers, pseudo-preacher Jerry Wright, et al...

There is still more slipping out today. This slow-leak of Obama's fecal incontinence happens because of his wrongfully thinking that his cover-ups have hermetically sealed his past from view.

A liar always is found out sooner or later. Even Affirmative Action can't help him on this one.

Colin is lying. As much as I have respected his service to this country, his lying to cover for a brotha is flat-out WillSmith wrong.

Location hidden

#650657 May 25, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Slowly, but surely, the plastic mask is starting to crack around the edges of the Kenyan's phoney face !
I love it.
This doesn't look cracked to me:

http://www.statehousekenya.go.ke/presidents/k...
ImRight59

Nashville, TN

#650658 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The 8% was based on the 9% ceiling referring to that report.
I knew you were too f*cking stupid to get it.
Peace gfy
Hey, can you tell me why ALL LIBERALS are hateful, childish, & vulgar to other people? And why do they have an ugly, racist chip on their shoulders?
Never mind, you have to be all of those in order to call yourself a LIBERAL.
We get it!

Location hidden

#650659 May 25, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> is this an admission that your a really dumb liberal? obviously you read her post
"your a really dumb liberal"

Ya can't make this sh it up.

Lapeer, MI

#650660 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee you that a large percentage of Columbia & Harvard Law students smoked dope.
Obama's records are no more hid than Romney's or Bush's.
King Obama is a liar but you come in a close second, ImaginaryDave.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650661 May 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
Is Obama about to throw Debbie Wasserman-Test under the bus as Chairwhore of the DNC?
You mean the transsexual?

Lapeer, MI

#650663 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you say the only way a black person can get into Columbia & Harvard is affirmative action & that makes you a racist f*ck. But hey, I already knew that from posts you've made in the past.
The Race Card doesn't work anymore, ImaginaryDave.

The Kenyan Snake wore it out with Henry Louis Gates, Trayvon, ACORN, Arizona, Black Panthers, etc. etc....

Give it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 192,530
News Who still takes global warming seriously? (Jan '10) 35 min Earthling-1 30,874
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr HILLARY 2016 186,667
News Immigrant rights group launches citizenship dri... 10 hr tomin cali 1
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 17 hr Reagans Amnesty 37
News Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party? (Jan '08) 18 hr USaWarringIDIOTSo... 29,306
News Chris Christie: US Supreme Court not conservati... Mon Mitch 1
More from around the web