Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405078 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

piss_hor_ ate_a_flea

United States

#650789 May 25, 2012
History wrote:
Reagan took the US from the largest credit nation to the worlds largest debt nation. He increased the US debt more than Presidents from Washington to Carter COMBINED. You hypocrites ever mention that?
http://reagan.procon.org/
We still love Reagan...because you hate him....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#650790 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, tenzing/nutsickles is just your typical liberal.
Got it. Tenzing/nutsickles draws circles to run around in.

Y'all gud fer a nap tonite. Don't let Duh a vey we wee his eye balls out of his sockets lol.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#650791 May 25, 2012
lazy_phlegm_the_pest wrote:
<quoted text>Obama will be even better when he is unemployed like the rest of us...
He'll have lifetime pension, amazing benefits and a world book tour if he's not elected . You'll still be unemployed . Sorry .
pappy

Flower Mound, TX

#650792 May 25, 2012
YEP, rOMNEY SURE HAS A LOT OF EXPERIENCE, ONLY ITS ALL IN CUTING JOBS, BENEFITS ,RETIREMENTS, AND PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE IN SHUTTING DOWN INDUSTRIAL PLANTS. But in how many of thsoe investments did the FEDERAL GOVERMETN HAVE TO PICK UP THE RETIREMENT PLANS OF THOSE PUT OUT OF JOBS AND PLANT CLOSINGS. aS HE SAID HE LIKES FIRING PEOPLE. hE IS JUST LIKE A MAGGOT--COMMSUMES THE WHOLE CARCAS AND LEAVES NOTHNING BEHIND FOR THE BUZZARDS.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#650793 May 25, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real Dave"
I am sure "Gunner" will slap you around a bit for your stupid post, but as to president nobama's lies?
- I will close Gitmo. He did not. He lied
- The unemployment rate will not exceed 8% if my stimulus bill is passed. He lied
- I have visited all 57 states. He lied
The above are not lies? We all know you will have an excuse for each of nobama's lies.
Peace
KMA
PS: Are you not feeling well? Not a single profanity in a post you offer.
You are waste of my time.
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#650794 May 25, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with these loony lefties obsession with lennon being one of them? Can't they understand people "evolve"?
I check out the Listverse Top Ten site on occasion and that was on their homepage. Never was a huge Beatles fan, but figured it would irk some libs and I'm not letting that opportunity slip by.

I had no idea Lennon was such a low-talent jerk (like they say, just look at the lyrics to Come Together).
ADH

Garland, TX

#650795 May 25, 2012
History wrote:
<quoted text>I really hate all you hypocritical Repub bastards. Reagan, the Repub trickle down hero, had three of his budgets rejected. You FauxNews talkers ever talked about that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_policy_...
Having a budget rejected isn't that unusual. Having ZERO votes for a budget is pathetic. Read more carefully.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650796 May 25, 2012
pappy wrote:
YEP, rOMNEY SURE HAS A LOT OF EXPERIENCE, ONLY ITS ALL IN CUTING JOBS, BENEFITS ,RETIREMENTS, AND PLENTY OF EXPERIENCE IN SHUTTING DOWN INDUSTRIAL PLANTS. But in how many of thsoe investments did the FEDERAL GOVERMETN HAVE TO PICK UP THE RETIREMENT PLANS OF THOSE PUT OUT OF JOBS AND PLANT CLOSINGS. aS HE SAID HE LIKES FIRING PEOPLE. hE IS JUST LIKE A MAGGOT--COMMSUMES THE WHOLE CARCAS AND LEAVES NOTHNING BEHIND FOR THE BUZZARDS.
Are you totally illiterate?

No wonder you're a flaming liberal. Calm down, your government check should arrive in just a few days.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#650797 May 25, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Real Dave"
Your telling me anything is an oxymoron. You are woefully uninformed. You buy anything and everything that president nobama lies about. You only offer excuses.
Now, be honest, at least try on the following;
- president nobama said pass my stimulus bill and the unemployment rate will not exceed 8%- show proof he did not make that statement. No excuses.
- president nobama said one of his first actions as president would be to close Gitmo - show proof that he did not make that statement. No excuses.
- president nobama whole campaigning said there were 57 states he had visited - show proof that shows he did not make that statement. No excuses.
Peace
KMA
1) he was referring to that report where the 8% originated.

2) he signed he order to close gitmo, Congress blocked it

3) was a gaffe
ADH

Garland, TX

#650798 May 25, 2012
pappy wrote:
And, what exactly did Obama do with the auto industry to try to get them profitable again? Hmm....
John Galt

Spring, TX

#650799 May 25, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
That ain't the race card. To imply that African Americans are not smart enough to get in Columbia & Harvard on their acadenmics is racist.
If not, then why have affirmative action programs?
ADH

Garland, TX

#650800 May 25, 2012
The Republican Brain (or How Liberal Journalists Distort Science to Prove Their Biases)

Here's a really good analysis of Mooney's book by an actual neuroscientist and not just a guy who writes about science. Here's a little bit:(be sure to read the whole article)

"Pervasive ignorance is nothing new, but with the advent of the internet the ignorant have easy access to science that is outside their area of expertise (or amateurism for that matter) and the misuse of science as a tool for manipulation has made the function and even purpose of the original studies grossly misunderstood....

"The point (and truth) is that we’ve got a lot of good ideas about some areas of the brain. It is absolutely true that the amygdala is activated in fear and anxiety responses. However, to say that this is *the* function of the amygdala or that increases in the size of the amygdala indicate a worldview that is warped by fear is journalistic extrapolation based on a pre-determined bias, nothing more.

The eagerness to use the results of these studies to justify his position would be laughable if the general population didn’t find neuroscience to be beyond their grasp. As it is, it can barely be said that a basic understanding of neuroscience is within the grasp of even today’s renowned neuroscientists—and they’ll tell you that themselves. The point is that interpreting science is difficult, answers are not easy to come by, and almost nothing is as simple as online political editorials would have you believe."

(My favorite part is that a smaller amygdala is associated with neurotics, fibromyalgia, OCD, alcohol dependence, PTSD, narcolepsy, schizophrenia, pedophilia, and liberals.)

http://www.politicalmathblog.com/...
Lord Fetch

United States

#650801 May 25, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
I check out the Listverse Top Ten site on occasion and that was on their homepage. Never was a huge Beatles fan, but figured it would irk some libs and I'm not letting that opportunity slip by.
I had no idea Lennon was such a low-talent jerk (like they say, just look at the lyrics to Come Together).
you're very clever, ma'am
Lord Fetch

United States

#650802 May 25, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If not, then why have affirmative action programs?
to provide the opportunities that you and your fellow kkklansmen denied them for a couple hundred years...party's over cracker
Lord Fetch

United States

#650803 May 25, 2012
***THIS JUST IN....GUNNER'S A PUSSEEE***

film at eleven
Lord Fetch

United States

#650804 May 25, 2012
ADH wrote:
The Republican Brain (or How Liberal Journalists Distort Science to Prove Their Biases)
Here's a really good analysis of Mooney's book by an actual neuroscientist and not just a guy who writes about science. Here's a little bit:(be sure to read the whole article)
"Pervasive ignorance is nothing new, but with the advent of the internet the ignorant have easy access to science that is outside their area of expertise (or amateurism for that matter) and the misuse of science as a tool for manipulation has made the function and even purpose of the original studies grossly misunderstood....
"The point (and truth) is that we’ve got a lot of good ideas about some areas of the brain. It is absolutely true that the amygdala is activated in fear and anxiety responses. However, to say that this is *the* function of the amygdala or that increases in the size of the amygdala indicate a worldview that is warped by fear is journalistic extrapolation based on a pre-determined bias, nothing more.
The eagerness to use the results of these studies to justify his position would be laughable if the general population didn’t find neuroscience to be beyond their grasp. As it is, it can barely be said that a basic understanding of neuroscience is within the grasp of even today’s renowned neuroscientists—and they’ll tell you that themselves. The point is that interpreting science is difficult, answers are not easy to come by, and almost nothing is as simple as online political editorials would have you believe."
(My favorite part is that a smaller amygdala is associated with neurotics, fibromyalgia, OCD, alcohol dependence, PTSD, narcolepsy, schizophrenia, pedophilia, and liberals.)
http://www.politicalmathblog.com/...
"so i asked my brother"????

are you f*cking kidding me???!
Lord Fetch

United States

#650805 May 25, 2012
So I asked my brother (a neuroscientist ENTERING med school this fall) to take a look at the piece and comment on it. What you’ll find below is his response.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA!!!!

what a dope!
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#650806 May 25, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
***THIS JUST IN....GUNNER'S A PUSSEEE***
film at eleven
Actually according to most people, he is a weasel.

Weasel - 47%

Pusseee - 26%

Basic azzhole - 23%

Unknown/undecided/dontgiveafuc k - 4%
Stan

Macon, GA

#650807 May 25, 2012
I wish Obama would say that it's fun to jump off a cliff. You know they would all jump!
John Galt

Spring, TX

#650808 May 25, 2012
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the "1%/rich" goal line now, anyway?$200K?$250K?
Probably (not exactly sure) in the $350-400K annual income range, less than minimum salary for major league sports.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min District 1 219,621
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,375
News Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary ... 19 min trump sucks 22
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 58 min Le Jimbo 11
News Democrats fire warning shots at Hillary - and s... 1 hr Le Jimbo 2
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr Brian_G 35,562
News Obama Expands Refugee Program for Central Ameri... 6 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
More from around the web