Nixon to be remembered in centennial ...

Nixon to be remembered in centennial salute at California birthplace

There are 30 comments on the Reuters story from Jan 6, 2013, titled Nixon to be remembered in centennial salute at California birthplace. In it, Reuters reports that:

Chinese Vice-President Xi Jinping holds a glass of red wine as he toasts at a dinner, also attended by former U.S. secretary of state Henry Kissinger, to mark the 40th anniversary of U.S. President Richard Nixon's historic visit to China, in Beijing, in this January 16, 2012 file photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Benghazi?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Jan 6, 2013
ninthfraud

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
ninthfraud
Hows that east coast doing on their red tape while Obama burns another 7 million on himself.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Benghazigate is worse than Watergate.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#5 Jan 6, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
ninthfraud
ACORN HEAD.
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#6 Jan 6, 2013
Back on topic-I met Nixon when he was campaigning for Eisenhower's second term. He came to my hometown on a train and I was charged by my Cub Scout troop with giving a bouquet of flowers to Mrs. Nixon. He was a nice man and today he would be considered somewhat of a 'liberal.'
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#7 Jan 6, 2013
Where's "DEEP THROAT BENGHAZI" when you need him.
ACORN
American Israeli Cabal

Aledo, IL

#8 Jan 6, 2013
Henry Kissinger...... Nixon's Zionist Secretary of State who delivered us into the hands of Israel and sat on his fat @ss in a Paris 5 star Hotel for 3 years eating and socializing while negotiating with North Viet Nam and not getting a better deal at the end of the three years then he could have gotten the first year, and all the while American boys weere dying in the jungles of South-East Asia.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 6, 2013
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Back on topic-I met Nixon when he was campaigning for Eisenhower's second term. He came to my hometown on a train and I was charged by my Cub Scout troop with giving a bouquet of flowers to Mrs. Nixon. He was a nice man and today he would be considered somewhat of a 'liberal.'
So would Atilla the Hun.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Jan 6, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
ACORN
Your ability to bore people to death should be classified as an assault weapon.
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your ability to bore people to death should be classified as an assault weapon.
An angry mob? Movie? Susan Rice? Benghazi? Boring you?
Too Bad ACORN HEAD.
conservative crapola

Easton, PA

#12 Jan 7, 2013
9thfraud.
crzzzd

Ellwood City, PA

#13 Jan 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Nixon a laugh,remembered impeached
stormy

Fairmont, WV

#14 Jan 7, 2013
Just when you think (dems) someone is the worse,
you wake up today and and think Your man can do no wrong.... How do you think history will record
Obama as a president? Will lies cover up on the
things that have happened during the 8yrs the people have witnessed. NOT one person(?) would
think of impeachment, now would you? Cover-ups
happened, no one dies as a result....depends....
on who and what as to what we ignore.....ITS
the call of the people and their mentality

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 7, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your ability to bore people to death should be classified as an assault weapon.
.....as liberalism should be considered a mental disease.
Billy Ringo

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>.....as liberalism should be considered a mental disease.
Yeah, that's pretty much what all losers say. If that's what it takes to make you feel better, then knock yourself out, dude.

Meanwhile, back in the real world ....

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#19 Jan 7, 2013
Nixon's presidency was the diving line.

There hasn't been a single Republican with
integrity since Eisenhower. Nothing but a
bunch of Wall Street grifters, liars, swindlers,
bribe-taking, oath-breaking criminals.

Eisenhower was sort of a mediocrity as president,
but integrity-wise, he was a giant compared to
this batch of Republican money-grubbing shysters who have infected the country since his time in office.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#20 Jan 7, 2013
I'll be happy to remember Tricky Dick with a one-finger salute in the direction of San Clemente.

Sadly, he'd be considered a "liberal" in today's political world, which says a lot about it - none of it good.

Rest in pieces, dirty Dick!:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#21 Jan 7, 2013
Ninthman wrote:
ACORN
You surely do need someone to support your made-up Benghazi narrative.

Unfortunately, the original Deep Throat in Nixon's day was telling the truth about Watergate. Your side of the aisle has lost it's ability to do that in recent years.

Sucks to be you, huh? ;)
rider

Marquette, MI

#22 Jan 7, 2013
In 1973, Nixon was president and barnstorming through the White House trying to plug all the leaks that were spouting over Watergate, and recording it on tapes for posterity. He urgently needed $120,000 to pacify E. Howard Hunt, a former CIA official, who had organized the Watergate burglary. It is possible that this money came from Carlos.

There were many people who believed that Nixon and the Mafia were bedfellows. Martha Mitchell, wife of the former Attorney General told UPI reporters, "Nixon is involved with the Mafia." Nixon's chief of staff, General Haig, even ordered an investigation into the president's Mob ties through the Army's Criminal Investigation Unit.

In 1972, Richard Nixon arranged an unprecedented presidential pardon for New Jersey mobster, Angelo DeCarlo, a feared killer and capo in the Genovese crime family. It seemed that Nixon was paying back favours for more financial contributions to his re-election campaign. If Nixon was linked to the Mob, there can be little doubt that one of his connections to it was Marcello.

By 1972, Carlos was sixty-two years old, richer and more powerful, possibly the most powerful Mafia boss in the nation. His only contender to this title may have been Carlo Gambino, the ageing don who ran what was perhaps the biggest [Mafia] family in the country, based in Brooklyn. The House Select Committee on Crime declared in 1972, "We believe Carlos Marcello has become a formidable menace to the institution of government and the people of the United States."

Called before the committee in June, Carlos was his old self. Formed to investigate the Mob's infiltration of professional sports, members grilled Carlos on his criminal ties. As usual, they got zilch. Repeating a well-worn story, he told his congressional inquisitors: ".... I'm not in no [Mafia].... not in no racket, and not in organized crime."

In June 1971, the FBI reorganized its New Orleans office and appointed a young, tenacious agent called Harold Hughes as head of a strike force to target Marcello. By 1972, with the death of J. Edgar Hoover, the FBI was finally able to exert real pressure on the Louisiana Mafia. By the mid 1970's, pressure was also building up on him from another direction.

In 1973, the first book was published on the assassination of President Kennedy, pointing a finger at Marcello; although in 1969, famous crime writer Ed Reid in his book The Grim Reapers had hinted at a possible connection. In 1976, an Italian documentary film called The Two Kennedys specifically nailed the Mafia as the force behind the murders of the brothers, again naming Marcello as the principal suspect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 219,633
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min An NFL Fan 1,405,106
News How Democratic VP Candidate Tim Kaine Evolved o... 11 min Captain Yesterday 12
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Chicagoan by Birth 233,377
News Obama Expands Refugee Program for Central Ameri... 39 min inbred Genius 6
News Donald Trump encourages Russia to hack Hillary ... 1 hr Fit2Serve 23
News Democrats fire warning shots at Hillary - and s... 2 hr Le Jimbo 2
More from around the web