Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30932 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32068 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly the same as: "only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future." Fair Game is writing of only one conceivable future, "if politicians stick to CO2 emission limits" which is exactly why we're stopping politicians from limiting CO2 emissions.
No wonder they call you a denier!

They 'own unburnable fossil fuels'...
... there is a danger of a carbon "bubble."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment ...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#32069 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly the same as: "only a quarter of the known reserves can be burned in any conceivable future." Fair Game is writing of only one conceivable future, "if politicians stick to CO2 emission limits" which is exactly why we're stopping politicians from limiting CO2 emissions.
"We" being the people who would profit from burning the 60% of fossil fuel that would destroy the planet: greedy, lying bastards who would sacrifice the future of their grandchildren for a quick buck.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#32070 Apr 22, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
No wonder they call you a denier!
They 'own unburnable fossil fuels'...... there is a danger of a carbon "bubble." [URL deleted]
Better tell Wall Street.

LOL
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32071 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Better tell Wall Street.
LOL
LOL.

You don't even know about the Wall Street. Yeah, you are here just to confuse the public.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#32072 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, if man made CO2 emissions rise climate won't necessarily warm. Climate isn't controlled by man made carbon dioxide emissions.
If more fossil fuel was available, fewer people would freeze and we'd be able to fuel and energy for less money. That would be good for everyone.
Didn't say it was "controlled," but more than a century of greenhouse science shows that it is AFFECTED. And since the world is warming anyway, more greenhouse gases = more warming.

Runaway global warming could end life as we know it on Earth. That wouldn't be good for anyone, Pollyanna.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#32073 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> None of them went to jail, its not a crime. Force majeure, stuff happens.
Those affected forced BP to clean up, using the courts. The system works fine, the insurers took a bath.
Get over it, drive your sports car with the top down.
No one said they went to jail. They SHOULD have, since they were negligent in the oil rig disaster. That's established fact.

Stuff happens? Dead workers, polluted Gulf, destroyed wildlife, ruined businesses and careers? You really are an airy little s--t, aren't you Brainless?

It's obvious you don't care about anyone or anything but yourself, troll.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#32074 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Rooftop vegetable gardens may be a "feasible approach to climate mitigation" but until we have experimental tests, using light colored roof tiles to increase reflection might do just as good.
My roof is too steep to farm or accumulate snow. I favor growing lichen and moss up there, but my wife likes a neater appearance.
Actually, it is not so hard, and I think more people will adopt urban farming techniques as the culture progresses. Environmental benefits aside, just having a lower electricity bill is reason enough. The vegetables are the kicker. Not sure how high or steep your roof is, but all you have to do for most is stick a couple tomato plants in a bag of compost, hook up a water line if you want (or use the hose, and lay the bag near the edges. Those tomato plants will grow so well, you wouldn't believe it until you tried it. Harvesting on top a ladder is kind of a pain in the ass though, but small price to keep it out of reach of the bugs.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#32075 Apr 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Force majeure, accidents happen. The ocean absorbs oil spills, always has. That's why there's no coating of oil on top of all the seas.
Umm... I don't know how much boating you have done, but there is definitely an oily sheen over the water almost everywhere I have gone, even in the Bahamas. If the sun hits it just right from a distance, you can usually see it, and it stretches all directions. Out past Hawaii, there is a garbage pile about the size of Louisiana just floating out there.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#32076 Apr 22, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>to b_gone:
No one said they went to jail. They SHOULD have, since they were negligent in the oil rig disaster. That's established fact.
Stuff happens? Dead workers, polluted Gulf, destroyed wildlife, ruined businesses and careers? You really are an airy little s--t, aren't you Brainless?
It's obvious you don't care about anyone or anything but yourself, troll.
Wonder if b_gone is an investor in the carbon bubble.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#32077 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder if b_gone is an investor in the carbon bubble.
]

No doubt. Think of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and the swimming pool scene:

"Carbon Dioxide, you're my heeeee-ro."

Only Brainless_G wouldn't be joking....:)

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#32078 Apr 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL. You don't even know about the Wall Street. Yeah, you are here just to confuse the public.
I'm very clear; I oppose climate taxes. I hope you aren't confused by my position.

I'm long on fossil fuel; I think my stocks will continue to increase in value. I've got my money in things I believe. Climate change mitigation is a hoax and that's demonstrably true because there are no experiments that show a man made global climate change. We see the coincidence of CO2 increase and temperature change, but temperatures always change.

Climate changes but if you invest part of your income you won't be caught without a roof on a rainy day in the future.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#32079 Apr 23, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
Umm... I don't know how much boating you have done, but there is definitely an oily sheen over the water almost everywhere I have gone, even in the Bahamas. If the sun hits it just right from a distance, you can usually see it, and it stretches all directions. Out past Hawaii, there is a garbage pile about the size of Louisiana just floating out there.
Almost no boating but I do fly over the oceans once in a while. Some skin diving and swimming; the water's beautiful.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#32080 Apr 23, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
Actually, it is not so hard, and I think more people will adopt urban farming techniques as the culture progresses. Environmental benefits aside, just having a lower electricity bill is reason enough. The vegetables are the kicker. Not sure how high or steep your roof is, but all you have to do for most is stick a couple tomato plants in a bag of compost, hook up a water line if you want (or use the hose, and lay the bag near the edges. Those tomato plants will grow so well, you wouldn't believe it until you tried it. Harvesting on top a ladder is kind of a pain in the ass though, but small price to keep it out of reach of the bugs.
Sure, why not move my garden from the ground, where it's convenient to work, up onto my roof? Then I'll move my furnace and hot water heater out of the basement and put them in front of my house, so my neighbors can enjoy the view. I have to look at their solar panels, fair is fair.

I don't want to tell people how to live, if you want to eat out and travel by limousine, that's you choice. I'm not about telling people they should live in holes or what to put on their roofs.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#32081 Apr 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text> None of them went to jail, its not a crime. Force majeure, stuff happens.
Those affected forced BP to clean up, using the courts. The system works fine, the insurers took a bath.
That BP lied about the amount of oil it discharged into the gulf is already established. Lying to Congress about that was one of 14 felonies to which BP pleaded guilty last year in a legal settlement with the Justice Department that included a $4.5 billion fine, the largest fine ever levied against a corporation in the U.S.

Either this unmitigated doesn't know what a crime is or he is lying.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#32082 Apr 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
That BP lied about the amount of oil it discharged into the gulf is already established. Lying to Congress about that was one of 14 felonies to which BP pleaded guilty last year in a legal settlement with the Justice Department that included a $4.5 billion fine, the largest fine ever levied against a corporation in the U.S.

Either this unmitigated IDIOT doesn't know what a crime is or he is lying.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#32083 Apr 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="lying' brian"] I do fly over the oceans...... the water's beautiful.[/QUOTE]

"lying' brian" flew over Greenland several times & couldn't detect the 2.5 trillion tons of missing land ice. "lying' brian" flew over the ocean & never sees any problems in the oceans.

"lying' brian" & pie in the sky..... more like "lying' brian" on the sly & it don't know pi......
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#32084 Apr 23, 2013
Don't know if this has been posted, but these are the war crimes of BP.

http://thebea.st/13OQg01

"the green troll"

#32085 Apr 23, 2013
Lyin Brian wrote:
The usual troll bait.
Don't think Topix quotes likes apostrophes.

"the green troll"

#32086 Apr 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="truthtellin' litesong"]<quoted text>
"lying' brian" flew over Greenland several times & couldn't detect the 2.5 trillion tons of missing land ice. "lying' brian" flew over the ocean & never sees any problems in the oceans.
"lying' brian" & pie in the sky..... more like "lying' brian" on the sly & it don't know pi......
[/QUOTE]
Lyin Brian wrote:
The usual troll bait.
Nope, Topix quotes doesn't like apostrophes.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#32087 Apr 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, why not move my garden from the ground, where it's convenient to work, up onto my roof? Then I'll move my furnace and hot water heater out of the basement and put them in front of my house, so my neighbors can enjoy the view. I have to look at their solar panels, fair is fair.
I don't want to tell people how to live, if you want to eat out and travel by limousine, that's you choice. I'm not about telling people they should live in holes or what to put on their roofs.
More dishonesty from Brainless_G. No one was "telling people they should live" in underground houses, and YOU were the one who criticized the initial post suggesting they had some advantages.

Pouting again because no one will agree with you, Brainless?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min ritedownthemiddle 1,394,653
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 216,526
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min LivinginaChrysler... 228,423
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 17 hr Nopal 285
News With tears and resolve, immigrants vow to keep ... 19 hr Not Immigrants 1
News Readers share what it means to be American (Oct '08) Fri My Dead Mother 23
News Billionaire Adelson, wife give new $10 million ... (Oct '12) Fri Edinboro University 194
More from around the web