Who still takes global warming seriously?

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Comments (Page 1,514)

Showing posts 30,261 - 30,280 of30,825
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Well done. Enjoy your coffee, now.

Thanks for the link. It's excellent.
Suxsux

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

So glad holding the mirror up to Sux made it disappear
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof!
The wanna be bozo wanna be a clown run amuck again.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Well done. Enjoy your coffee, now.
Thanks for the link. It's excellent.
I do enjoy my coffee and no thanks required.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>I do enjoy my coffee and no thanks required.
The degreeless and brainless PHD, is also a major liar.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
The degreeless and brainless PHD, is also a major liar.
You canít even be original Commander TROLL!!!! See that Bull S. degree again got you walloped and in the crapper. That Ha HA you hear is the void between your ears called an echo.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You canít even be original Commander TROLL!!!! See that Bull S. degree again got you walloped and in the crapper. That Ha HA you hear is the void between your ears called an echo.
Another PEANUT for the proven degree-less PHD and liar.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another PEANUT for the proven degree-less PHD and liar.
You canít even be original Commander TROLL!!!! See that Bull S. degree again got you walloped and in the crapper. That Ha HA you hear is the void between your ears called an echo.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You canít even be original Commander TROLL!!!! See that Bull S. degree again got you walloped and in the crapper. That Ha HA you hear is the void between your ears called an echo.
still: Another PEANUT for the proven degree-less PHD and liar.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Let me put that proof out again.
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes itís true I don't have a degree like you do. I will make an effort to learn BS so I could be just like you. Then I could post cut and paste useless scientific science fiction babble. Can you tell me what school you attended so I can be just like you?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin ...
Awww. she is JEALOUS....

That is why she screams when anyone posts any real science and not character insults like here 100% of the time.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
Let me put that proof out again.
<quoted text>
Awww. she is JEALOUS....
That is why she screams when anyone posts any real science and not character insults like here 100% of the time.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
The degree-LESS, obviously uneducated PHD can only make up mindless rants.

so will just vote her another peanut.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

What are you going to be, faxless?
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
What are you going to be, faxless?
There is a new drug discovered spaced out spacedoutblues. Take one pill and you and walloped again and again will wake up feeling your--self again and again. Quick go to your local sheeplebots store and get one while you can.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are out of your cotton picking mind.
Why, plants consume CO2 and emit O2 as a byproduct. If you had them in a sealed enviroment long enought they would deplete the CO2 levels to a point they could not survive.

Nothing but basic biology. The type of stuff they teach in grade school. So you would want to ventelate a hot house/green house so that the plants would have a steady supply of CO2. Why else would one ventelate a hot house. Certainly not to lower the temperature.
mc

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Check out greenenergyefficientproducts.com ! Even if you don't believe in global warming, these "green" products will save you money! Everyone likes saving money.
gcaveman1

Louin, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, plants consume CO2 and emit O2 as a byproduct. If you had them in a sealed enviroment long enought they would deplete the CO2 levels to a point they could not survive.
Nothing but basic biology. The type of stuff they teach in grade school. So you would want to ventelate a hot house/green house so that the plants would have a steady supply of CO2. Why else would one ventelate a hot house. Certainly not to lower the temperature.
Funny thing is, we've discovered something else you obviously know nothing about, but hold forth upon anyway. After all.

1. I doubt there is any greenhouse anywhere in the world that is so airtight that no CO2 could enter. And since greenhouses are always associated with human beings, their comings and goings would allow for some degree of air exchange.

2. You ventilate a greenhouse, dear valley girl, primarily because they have a tendency to overheat, especially solar greenhouses. So, yes, you ventilate to lower the temperature. In your all or nothing world, you think opening up a greenhouse on a winter day would freeze everything inside. That's why the greenhouse operator moderates the temperature, controls the temperature, because you don't want it 20 degrees and you don't want it 105 degrees. You can burn your seedlings completely up on one sunny late winter or early spring day if you don't cool the air and keep them watered.

3. Ventilation and air movement also help the plant leaves to breathe. That's not because you necessarily need to supply CO2 but because still air can leave a "coating" of dead air on the leaves, slightly interfering with their physiological functions.

4. You could say, for argument's sake, that the Earth is a sealed environment. So the plants with which we share this orb are not absorbing all the CO2 nor oversupplying us with O2. What is happening with that?

How many more times will you have to make a complete fool of yourself before you go back to playing with the children and leave discussions of science to the big boys and girls?

Actually?

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Thanks, Tina's science IQ is nonexistant.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing is, we've discovered something else you obviously know nothing about, but hold forth upon anyway. After all.

1. I doubt there is any greenhouse anywhere in the world that is so airtight that no CO2 could enter. And since greenhouses are always associated with human beings, their comings and goings would allow for some degree of air exchange.

2. You ventilate a greenhouse, dear valley girl, primarily because they have a tendency to overheat, especially solar greenhouses. So, yes, you ventilate to lower the temperature. In your all or nothing world, you think opening up a greenhouse on a winter day would freeze everything inside. That's why the greenhouse operator moderates the temperature, controls the temperature, because you don't want it 20 degrees and you don't want it 105 degrees. You can burn your seedlings completely up on one sunny late winter or early spring day if you don't cool the air and keep them watered.

3. Ventilation and air movement also help the plant leaves to breathe. That's not because you necessarily need to supply CO2 but because still air can leave a "coating" of dead air on the leaves, slightly interfering with their physiological functions.

4. You could say, for argument's sake, that the Earth is a sealed environment. So the plants with which we share this orb are not absorbing all the CO2 nor oversupplying us with O2. What is happening with that?

How many more times will you have to make a complete fool of yourself before you go back to playing with the children and leave discussions of science to the big boys and girls?
Actually?
You are funny.

1. They may not be completely airtight but they are tight enought that it would only be a matter of time before the CO2 levels fell below what the plants could survive on. With automation, the majority of commercial greenhouses do not require people passing through several times a day. In fact a fully automated one would only need someone once a week. Watering for example could be handled better if humans were not around with a timer.

2. As for the temperature, if your raising tropical plants you would want to keep it 105. As for normal plants, a energy efficent greenhouse would not be opening the vents to lower heat because then at night you would need to replace that heat. It would be better to leave them close to keep the heat in. You seem to forget that the sun provides less heat in the winter time because of the tilt of the earth and that you have less sunlight on any given day. Also, if your example of humans passing through all the time would also cool your greenhouse without needing to vent the heat.

3. Sorry, but if the air in the greenhouse is being heated and cooled then the air would be moving. Also, when the sprinklers turn on the falling water would also cause the air to be displaced. If what you said was true then every house plant and potted plant in an office would be dead. Instead they seem to survive with just a little water.

4. I would agree that the earth is a self contained system but how well we understand it is in doubt. Maybe you might remember the Biosphere 2 project. It was an attempt to set up a completely self contained biosphere complete with it's own controlled climate. A repeatable experiment as BrainG would most likely call it. It turned out to be a failure in that instead of providing a self contrained enviroment for those five people it.

You ask how many times am I going to make a fool out of myself. I could ask you the same question. Maybe if you had bothered to doublecheck your facts before posting you would of not appeared so foolish this time. If you had any experience with greenhouse aka hothouses you would of understood that it is better to warm than to cool. You talk about big boys and girls and part of being in taht discussion is to actually know something about the subject before saying something.

http://www.biospherics.org/

Since: Mar 09

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny.
1. They may not be completely airtight but they are tight enought that it would only be a matter of time before the CO2 levels fell below what the plants could survive on. With automation, the majority of commercial greenhouses do not require people passing through several times a day. In fact a fully automated one would only need someone once a week. Watering for example could be handled better if humans were not around with a timer.
2. As for the temperature, if your raising tropical plants you would want to keep it 105. As for normal plants, a energy efficent greenhouse would not be opening the vents to lower heat because then at night you would need to replace that heat. It would be better to leave them close to keep the heat in. You seem to forget that the sun provides less heat in the winter time because of the tilt of the earth and that you have less sunlight on any given day. Also, if your example of humans passing through all the time would also cool your greenhouse without needing to vent the heat.
3. Sorry, but if the air in the greenhouse is being heated and cooled then the air would be moving. Also, when the sprinklers turn on the falling water would also cause the air to be displaced. If what you said was true then every house plant and potted plant in an office would be dead. Instead they seem to survive with just a little water.
4. I would agree that the earth is a self contained system but how well we understand it is in doubt. Maybe you might remember the Biosphere 2 project. It was an attempt to set up a completely self contained biosphere complete with it's own controlled climate. A repeatable experiment as BrainG would most likely call it. It turned out to be a failure in that instead of providing a self contrained enviroment for those five people it.
You ask how many times am I going to make a fool out of myself. I could ask you the same question. Maybe if you had bothered to doublecheck your facts before posting you would of not appeared so foolish this time. If you had any experience with greenhouse aka hothouses you would of understood that it is better to warm than to cool. You talk about big boys and girls and part of being in taht discussion is to actually know something about the subject before saying something.
http://www.biospherics.org/
Biosphere 2 failed because of personnel problems. That mission ended prematurely when disputes between the crew and the management erupted into hostility.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,261 - 30,280 of30,825
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••