Clinton wins Puerto Rico but Obama adds to lead

Jun 1, 2008 | Posted by: Sunnydale | Full story: www.reuters.com

Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nominating contest in Puerto Rico on Sunday, but still badly trails front-runner Barack Obama as he draws closer to clinching the party's presidential nomination.

Comments
901 - 920 of 944 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2008
Mike-Indianapoli s

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

The_Enlightener wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the matter? You have a problem when someone else is trying to tell someone about how there are differences in decent black/brown persons and the scum that lives in their neighborhood that is into gangs/drugs etc? Tough Shit! This is what that poster was referriing to in one of their other posts about how ignorant people can be. At least that poster knows there are SOME decent black folks and does not condemn them all!
What's the matter is his immediate return to stereotyping while asking others to stop.

“"Same as it ever was..."”

Since: Jan 07

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Obama is kicking McCain's ass in all the polls.

Hey, people, this is America, the land of Lincoln. We don't make people born into wealth and privilege our president. We make people like you and me president.

And it wasn't Bush junior who screwed up. It was Bush, senior.

He shouldn't have got George jr out of Vietnam duty. Had he let him go to war junior would have learned the horror of war and never got us into the mess we're in now.

And McCain says he knows war, but McCain was a combat jet fighter. He never saw the people his bombs killed.

Spoiled brats born into luxury do not make good presidents.

It's like the old world European princes who would start wars because the King of France wouldn't allow his son to marry one of their sisters.

Thousands of men were butchered on the battlefield because of such reasons without the prince feeling an smidgen of remorse.

The fact that people would die meant nothing to Bush. To him we were expendable. He ducked Vietnam and wanted to make up for it by going down in history as a "fighting" president.

McClean has lots more to prove. His POW conduct was cowardly and he wants to make up for that. If he becomes president we'll never get out of Iraq... or Iran.

ricland

“"Someone's at the door"”

Since: Nov 07

Anywhere , USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

NateKnuckles wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamaness is next to Godliness!
Thank you and Have An Obama Wednesday!
ROFLMAO!!! I needed a good laugh!
FOR NONE OF THE ABOVE

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

israel benitez wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing because, in the past, their people were enslaved.
Yeah, and Lincoln was shot, so what? Boo friggin Hoo Hoo! That was then, this is now, get over it.

Anywhere , USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Mike-Indianapolis wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter is his immediate return to stereotyping while asking others to stop.
I have spoken with this individual many times before on different issues, they are not being stereotypical, in their neighborhood they are the ONLY white family. So therefore, yes they can say the black persons are the ones committing the crimes in their neighborhood!

“Rolling Stones Gather Momentum”

Since: Feb 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

The_Enlightener wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite sure but would be interesting to see if he can be oughted before he starts.
Are you two kidding? Or wishful thinking? Even the DEMOCRATS aren't THAT stupid, to nominate a constitutionally-ineligible person for President.
Mike-Indianapoli s

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

see here wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee I wonder, don't all the people in the world with differences feel the same way. Like the Gay community and the persons with Diabetes, etc etc. They all feel discriminated against in one way or the other so what makes the blacks so friggin special!?
Much of the Gay community lives in the closet for this reason. And people with Diabetes? Nonsense. How many names/games are you playin'?

Anywhere , USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Mike-Indianapolis wrote:
<quoted text>Much of the Gay community lives in the closet for this reason. And people with Diabetes? Nonsense. How many names/games are you playin'?
I think the point was there are always someone out there being discriminated against in one way or another but they are not all crying constantly about it like the black Americans. They take the daily crap with a grain of salt and continue living, ignoring anyone's ignorant behavior.

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Mack the Knife wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you two kidding? Or wishful thinking? Even the DEMOCRATS aren't THAT stupid, to nominate a constitutionally-ineligible person for President.
You are miffed because Obama virtually came from nowhere and now he has been knocking on the White House door.

Obama has shown the true colors of white people in this country!

Whites make up over 70% of this country and an estimated 35 to 50 percent of that is leaning toward voting for Barack.

You know what that shows...the bigots are fast becoming a tweek minority. There are so many Obama Haters on Topix, but once you leave Topix...you are hit by waves and waves of Obama supporters and converts.

You will note that it is coming down to the wire and Obama is getting more specific in his speeches.

In football terminology, its the 4 quarter and Obama driving for the win.

Check the polls Obama is inching up daily!

Check his donation count. In the multi-millions. Obama is not weezing by in this campaign like McCain.

The numbers tell the story and there will be a new sheriff in town with a middle eastern name and his name is ...

Barack!!!

Thank you and Have A Vonderful Day!

(That was my German accent!) LMMFAO!
Get Informed

Morgan City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Judged:

OBAMA ON OUR RIGHTS
”You don’t have any stinking rights. Only the Federal Government controls your rights and I control what rights the government gives you. You have the right to be taxed, told what temperature to keep you house at, what car you can drive, how much money you can have in your bank account and how much profit you can make. And at any time I can tax you more when I deem it’s not fair

OBAMA ON UNIONS
”UNIONIZE everything. I need their vote so I’ll do whatever they want. I’ve been taking money from Unions for years back to my days in Chicago.”

OBAMA ON OUR FREEDOM
“You don’t need any stinking Freedom. The government will regulate your retirement, your healthcare, your bank account, and your life. And you’ll like it.”
Blame The Republicans wrote:
McCAIN WILL NOT PROTECT OUR RIGHTS!
Sen. John McCain is clearly not a fan of workers’ freedom to form unions and bargain for better wages and benefits. He has spoken out against unions and consistently voted against collective bargaining rights for workers. Union members know the right to bargain is essential to preserving good jobs with good wages and benefits.
McCAIN DOESN’T LIKE UNIONS!
McCain: Unions Have Played ‘Important Role’ But Have ‘Serious Excesses.’ When asked if unions are good for America, McCain responded,“I think the unions have played a very important role in the history of this country to improve the plight and conditions of laboring Americans. I think that like many other monopolies, in some cases they have then serious excesses.”[GOP Dearborn Debate, MSNBC, 10/9/07]
McCAIN ON "TEACHERS"
McCain: Teachers’ Unions Serve Unions’ Interest, NOT Children’s Interest. McCain has repeatedly attacked teachers’ unions.“It’s time to break the grip of the education monopoly that serves the union bosses at the expense of our children,” he said.[The New York Times, 2/11/00]
McCain Says Government Workers Are ‘Crippled’ by Union Contracts. In his speech to the Oklahoma State Legislature, McCain said,“We must streamline our workforce, demand high standards of behavior, promote excellence at every level based on merit and accountability, and not let good workers be crippled by the fine print of the latest union contract…. The civil service has strayed from its reformist roots and has mutated into a no-accountability zone, where employment is treated as an entitlement, good performance as an option, and accountability as someone else’s problem.”[Address to the Oklahoma State Legislature, 5/21/07]
McCAIN OPPOSES OUR FREEDOM TO FORM UNIONS!
McCain Voted Against the Employee Free Choice Act but For a National Right-to-Work for Less Law.
McCain voted against the Employee Free Choice Act, which would level the playing field for workers trying to form unions. He voted for a National Right-to-Work for Less law that would attempt to eliminate unions altogether.[H.R. 800, Vote #227, 6/26/07; S. 1788 Vote #188, 7/10/96]
McCain Crossed a Writers Guild Picket Line to Appear on ‘The Tonight Show.’
McCain crossed the picket line of the Writers Guild of America to appear on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”[Think Progress, accessed 2/27/08]
McCain Voted to Allow Employers to Hire Permanent Replacements During a Strike. McCain voted against ending debate on a bill that would bar employers from hiring permanent replacements for striking workers.[S. 55,Vote #189, 7/13/94]
McCain Voted Against Collective Bargaining Rights for State and Local Police and Firefighters.[H.R. 3061, Vote #323, 11/6/01]
McCain Did NOT Co-Sponsor the Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act. McCain did not co-sponsor S. 2123, the Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act, legislation to grant fire fighters and police officers minimum collective bargaining rights.[S. 2123, 10/1/07; IAFF]
. 4, Vote #64, 3/7/07]
Blame The Republicans

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Judged:

McCAIN WANTS TO PRIVATIZE SOCIAL SECURITY

McCain Voted for Bush’s 2006 Social Security Privatization Plan. In 2006, McCain voted for the Social Security Reserve Fund. The proposal would shift Social Security’s annual surpluses into a reserve account that would be converted into risky private accounts.[SCR 83, Vote #68, 3/16/06; SCR 83, Vote #68, 3/16/06]

In 2000 McCain Wanted to Divert Social Security Money to Private Accounts. The Wall Street Journal reported that “[a] centerpiece of a McCain presidential bid in 2000 was a plan to divert a portion of Social Security payroll taxes to fund private accounts, much as President Bush proposed unsuccessfully.” The plan would put workers’ retirement money into the risky market and reduce the amount of Social Security payments they would receive from the government. The plan would undermine the Social Security system.[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08]

McCain STILL Proposes Privatizing Social Security—Despite What His Website Says. McCain told the Wall Street Journal he still backs a system of private retirement accounts that he supported in 2000 and President Bush pushed unsuccessfully. The Journal reported he “disowned” details of a proposal on his 2008 campaign website that says he would “supplement” the existing Social Security system with personally managed accounts. But when asked about the position change he denied it and promised to change the website to reflect his true position.“I’m totally in favor of personal savings accounts… As part of Social Security reform, I believe that private savings accounts are a part of it—along the lines that President Bush proposed,” McCain told the Journal.[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08; Campaign Website, accessed 3/3/08]

McCain Might Raise the Retirement Age and Reduce Cost-of-Living Adjustments.“[T]he McCain campaign says the candidate intends to keep Social Security solvent by reducing the growth in benefits over the coming decades to match projected growth in payroll tax revenues. Among the options are extending the retirement age to 68 and reducing cost-of-living adjustments, but the campaign hasn’t made any final decisions.‘You can’t keep promises made to retirees,’ said Mr. Holtz-Eakin, McCain’s chief economic aide.”[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08]

McCain Supported Deep Cuts That Put Social Security Benefits at Risk. In 2005, McCain supported a Social Security plan that would require deep benefit cuts or a massive increase in debt. That same year, McCain voted against prioritizing Social Security solvency over tax cuts for the wealthy.[SCR 18, Vote #49, 3/15/05; S. Amdt. 144 to SCR 18, Vote #47, 3/15/05]

McCain Voted to Use Social Security Money to Pay Off National Debt. In 2003, McCain voted to use Social Security funds to pay off federal debt.[HJR 51, Vote #201, 5/23/03]

McCain Voted Against Protecting Social Security Solvency with a Strategic Reserve. In 2001, McCain opposed reducing tax cuts for the wealthy to create a strategic reserve for Social Security. In the same year, McCain voted against a proposal to create “lockboxes” to protect Social Security and Medicare.[H.R. 1836, Senate RPC, Vote #145, 5/22/01; S. Amdt. 29, Vote #22, 3/13/01]

McCain Voted to Replace Social Security with Risk-Based Investments. In 1998, McCain voted twice to replace Social Security’s guaranteed benefits with income from risk-based private investments.[SCR 86, Vote #56, 4/1/98; SCR 86,
Kill_terrorist

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Judged:

Get Informed wrote:
OBAMA ON OUR RIGHTS
”You don’t have any stinking rights. Only the Federal Government controls your rights and I control what rights the government gives you. You have the right to be taxed, told what temperature to keep you house at, what car you can drive, how much money you can have in your bank account and how much profit you can make. And at any time I can tax you more when I deem it’s not fair
OBAMA ON UNIONS
”UNIONIZE everything. I need their vote so I’ll do whatever they want. I’ve been taking money from Unions for years back to my days in Chicago.”
OBAMA ON OUR FREEDOM
“You don’t need any stinking Freedom. The government will regulate your retirement, your healthcare, your bank account, and your life. And you’ll like it.”
<quoted text>
He doesn't fulfil the requirement to be president.
Blame The Republicans

Waianae, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Judged:

McCAIN & BUSH: IS THERE REALLY A DIFFERENCE?

Sen. John McCain has long promoted the idea that he is a “straight-talking maverick” who challenges his party and stands up to his president. However, despite the media misrepresentation, McCain has not strayed too far from President George Bush’s line, especially on issues important to working families. McCain is not running for a term of his own; he is running on an extension of the agenda laid out by Bush in his fi rst two terms: tax cuts for the rich, privatizing Social Security and outsourcing jobs.

McCAIN VOTES WITH BUSH

McCain Voted with the Bush Administration 89 Percent of the Time. Since President Bush took office, McCain has supported Bush’s positions 89 percent of the time. McCain’s support of Bush’s policies reached as high as 95 percent in 2007.[Congressional Quarterly Voting Study, 110th Congress]

SHARES BUSH’S ROSY VIEW OF THE ECONOMY

Bush: Economy Is Inherently Strong.“I believe we can find common ground to get something done that’s big enough, effective enough so that an economy that is inherently strong gets a boost to make sure that this uncertainty doesn’t translate into more economic woes for our workers and small business people,” Bush said in the Cabinet Room.[Associated Press, 1/23/08]

McCain: Underpinnings of Economy are Strong.“I still believe our fundamental underpinnings of our economy are strong, but it’s obvious that we are facing challenges which will require actions such as the Federal Reserve took today.”[“Lou Dobbs Tonight,” CNN, 1/22/08]

Watch it here:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/01/23/mccain-ec ...
I will Not be free

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

NateKnuckles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are miffed because Obama virtually came from nowhere and now he has been knocking on the White House door.
Obama has shown the true colors of white people in this country!
Whites make up over 70% of this country and an estimated 35 to 50 percent of that is leaning toward voting for Barack.
You know what that shows...the bigots are fast becoming a tweek minority. There are so many Obama Haters on Topix, but once you leave Topix...you are hit by waves and waves of Obama supporters and converts.
You will note that it is coming down to the wire and Obama is getting more specific in his speeches.
In football terminology, its the 4 quarter and Obama driving for the win.
Check the polls Obama is inching up daily!
Check his donation count. In the multi-millions. Obama is not weezing by in this campaign like McCain.
The numbers tell the story and there will be a new sheriff in town with a middle eastern name and his name is ...
Barack!!!
Thank you and Have A Vonderful Day!
(That was my German accent!) LMMFAO!
as I said before if it were the end of the season and going into the Super Bowl game we would be betting on the one who had the momentum and that would have been Hillary. All bets on Obama are off.

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Get Informed wrote:
OBAMA ON OUR RIGHTS
OBAMA ON UNIONS
OBAMA ON OUR FREEDOM
<quoted text>
Everything you entered on that post is a smear lie!

Obey Your Mama...End the Drama...Vote Obama!!!

Y'all Have An Obama Weekend!

Ya Hear!

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

"DC" Where Else?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

I will Not be free wrote:
<quoted text>as I said before if it were the end of the season and going into the Super Bowl game we would be betting on the one who had the momentum and that would have been Hillary. All bets on Obama are off.
That is why Hillary is on the outside looking in!

Ya Hear!
Get Informed

Morgan City, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Feally, did you bother to read the "Blame the Republican's" comments. My comments were put on his post because he continues to post BS so I thought BS on top of BS was appropriate.

Obama full of BS!
NateKnuckles wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you entered on that post is a smear lie!
Ya Hear!
Mike-Indianapoli s

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

The_Enlightener wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point was there are always someone out there being discriminated against in one way or another but they are not all crying constantly about it like the black Americans. They take the daily crap with a grain of salt and continue living, ignoring anyone's ignorant behavior.
This all started with a WHITE GUY (not being discriminated against) DOING THE CRYING.

“Tell the truth, it doesnt hurt”

Since: Aug 07

South Plainfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Blame The Republicans wrote:
McCAIN WANTS TO PRIVATIZE SOCIAL SECURITY
McCain Voted for Bush’s 2006 Social Security Privatization Plan. In 2006, McCain voted for the Social Security Reserve Fund. The proposal would shift Social Security’s annual surpluses into a reserve account that would be converted into risky private accounts.[SCR 83, Vote #68, 3/16/06; SCR 83, Vote #68, 3/16/06]
In 2000 McCain Wanted to Divert Social Security Money to Private Accounts. The Wall Street Journal reported that “[a] centerpiece of a McCain presidential bid in 2000 was a plan to divert a portion of Social Security payroll taxes to fund private accounts, much as President Bush proposed unsuccessfully.” The plan would put workers’ retirement money into the risky market and reduce the amount of Social Security payments they would receive from the government. The plan would undermine the Social Security system.[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08]
McCain STILL Proposes Privatizing Social Security—Despite What His Website Says. McCain told the Wall Street Journal he still backs a system of private retirement accounts that he supported in 2000 and President Bush pushed unsuccessfully. The Journal reported he “disowned” details of a proposal on his 2008 campaign website that says he would “supplement” the existing Social Security system with personally managed accounts. But when asked about the position change he denied it and promised to change the website to reflect his true position.“I’m totally in favor of personal savings accounts… As part of Social Security reform, I believe that private savings accounts are a part of it—along the lines that President Bush proposed,” McCain told the Journal.[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08; Campaign Website, accessed 3/3/08]
McCain Might Raise the Retirement Age and Reduce Cost-of-Living Adjustments.“[T]he McCain campaign says the candidate intends to keep Social Security solvent by reducing the growth in benefits over the coming decades to match projected growth in payroll tax revenues. Among the options are extending the retirement age to 68 and reducing cost-of-living adjustments, but the campaign hasn’t made any final decisions.‘You can’t keep promises made to retirees,’ said Mr. Holtz-Eakin, McCain’s chief economic aide.”[Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08]
McCain Supported Deep Cuts That Put Social Security Benefits at Risk. In 2005, McCain supported a Social Security plan that would require deep benefit cuts or a massive increase in debt. That same year, McCain voted against prioritizing Social Security solvency over tax cuts for the wealthy.[SCR 18, Vote #49, 3/15/05; S. Amdt. 144 to SCR 18, Vote #47, 3/15/05]
McCain Voted to Use Social Security Money to Pay Off National Debt. In 2003, McCain voted to use Social Security funds to pay off federal debt.[HJR 51, Vote #201, 5/23/03]
McCain Voted Against Protecting Social Security Solvency with a Strategic Reserve. In 2001, McCain opposed reducing tax cuts for the wealthy to create a strategic reserve for Social Security. In the same year, McCain voted against a proposal to create “lockboxes” to protect Social Security and Medicare.[H.R. 1836, Senate RPC, Vote #145, 5/22/01; S. Amdt. 29, Vote #22, 3/13/01]
McCain Voted to Replace Social Security with Risk-Based Investments. In 1998, McCain voted twice to replace Social Security’s guaranteed benefits with income from risk-based private investments.[SCR 86, Vote #56, 4/1/98; SCR 86,
See, this is why you should vote for Ralph Nader. He has always wanted to rip down corporate America! http://www.votenader.org/
FOR NONE OF THE ABOVE

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/cosby....

*****BILL COSBY FOR PRESIDENT******

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••