Framing Sarah Palin

Full story: Pasadena Star-News

Republican vice presidential candidate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin smiles during a campaign rally.
Comments
1 - 20 of 84,057 Comments Last updated Apr 26, 2014
First Prev
of 4203
Next Last
Sonia Kermaz

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Palin and her bid.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Palin is a 'Post Turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'Post Turtle' was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'Post Turtle'."

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know she didn't get up there by herself, she don't belong up there, and she don't know what to do while she's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dummy put her up there to begin with."
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Sara Palin is refusing to turn over tapes and messages regarding her actions as governor citing “executive privilege- Sounds just like Dick Cheney when he said he was not part of the Executive branch but Karl Rowe his subordinate when he was brought up on charges of obstruction of Justice claimed Executive Privileges. Neither one was ever charged under the Bush lead Justice Department. Both ignore congressional subpoenas. Do you think you could ignore even a traffic subpoena without being arrested?

Her people in the Governor’s office and that big bloated clown who is now governor also claimed executive privileges and have refused to turn over tapes and documents on Palin under subpoena.
Nixon was forced to resign or face being impeached and removed from office along with possible jail time.

A big Joke

Let you or I or anyone else try that and our butts would be arrested at home or work and taken to jail.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Sonia Kermaz wrote:
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Palin and her bid.
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'Post Turtle' was.
The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'Post Turtle'."
The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. "You know she didn't get up there by herself, she don't belong up there, and she don't know what to do while she's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dummy put her up there to begin with."
you described obama, who has no experience or qualification.

what does executive leadership look like?:

What Do Sarah Palin's Alaska Roots Tell Us About Her?

This sense of responsibility for the welfare of one's neighbors—even those whose lifestyles or beliefs give you the creeps—is still alive in glimmers.

Palin's enduring popularity across party lines in Alaska would not be possible without it.

She has governed pragmatically and without ideological rancor.

In 2006, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that the state was obliged to extend employee benefits to same-sex partners of its employees.

The legislature subsequently passed a bill that would block the state from extending these benefits.

Palin vetoed the measure, even though she, too, opposed the court decision.

"Signing this bill," she explained, "would be in direct violation of my oath of office." In other words, she saw her ideological views as subordinate to her obligation to the rule of law.

And unlike the legislature, she apparently saw no sense in creating further division when the only practical result would be more litigation and a heightened sense of division and offense.

be sure to point that out to the obamessiah, wont you?
midniteangel

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Sonia Kermaz wrote:
That sorry azz joke has been used with so many ppl including BO which makes much more sense..
Truth

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Sounds like a perfect description of Obama.
scott

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

I can't believe this inane article. This women is absolutely unqualified, a habitual liar, and you put out an article about her glasses! It is your duty as journalist to tell your readers the truth about Palin. Our country is on the verge of going down the tubes from the past seven years of republican. If McCain and Palin win the election the nation as we have known it will be lost. Put on YOUR glasses and tell us the truth.
Lucy

Pacoima, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Jeffery Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
This sense of responsibility for the welfare of one's neighbors—even those whose lifestyles or beliefs give you the creeps—is still alive in glimmers.
Palin's enduring popularity across party lines in Alaska would not be possible without it.
In 2006, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that the state was obliged to extend employee benefits to same-sex partners of its employees.
The legislature subsequently passed a bill that would block the state from extending these benefits.
"Signing this bill," she explained, "would be in direct violation of my oath of office." In other words, she saw her ideological views as subordinate to her obligation to the rule of law.
And unlike the legislature, she apparently saw no sense in creating further division when the only practical result would be more litigation and a heightened sense of division and offense.
Sorry Jeff, your heartwarming little vignette starring Sarah is lame. The Supreme Court of the state trumped the legislature...Palin had no discretion in the matter. She is totally unqualified for anything more than PTA office...and she is an unabashed liar and has the chutzpah of a second story burglar. You really don't want to go into her record...you'll embarrass yourself trying to defend this piece of dreck.
Bitter Clinging American

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

The libs are unhinged. It's comical... I love it.
For Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

I saw in the news today, they can't get any of the players to come to the party. The investigation is unraveling.

Mozoltov!
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Jeff, your heartwarming little vignette starring Sarah is lame. The Supreme Court of the state trumped the legislature...Palin had no discretion in the matter. She is totally unqualified for anything more than PTA office...and she is an unabashed liar and has the chutzpah of a second story burglar. You really don't want to go into her record...you'll embarrass yourself trying to defend this piece of dreck.
Lucy

Pacoima, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Bitter Clinging American wrote:
The libs are unhinged. It's comical... I love it.
Dumb.

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Crawl back under your rock.
midniteangel wrote:
Subject: Eboneesha
My name be Eboneesha Li Herenandez, an African Hispanic Asiatic-American
Girl who just got an award for being the bess speler in class. I got 67% on
the speling test and 30 points being black, 5 points for not bringin drugs
into class, 5 points for not bringin guns into class, and 5 points for not
gettin pregnut during the cemester. It be hard to beat a score of 120%.
White dude who sit nex to me is McGee from Ocala. He got a 94% on the test
but no etstra points on acount of he have the same skin color as the
opressirs of 150 years ago. Granny ax me to thank all Dimocrafts and
Liberuls for suportin Afermative action. You be showin da way to true
eqwallity. I be gittin in medical skool nex an mabe I be yo doctor when
Barrac take over da healtcare in dis cuntry
For Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

Anonymity gives you a certain courage you would never find sitting face to face with others.
midniteangel wrote:
Republicans are Idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Jeffery Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt even read your entire post, i had to go throw up after reading the first couple sentences. Obama has had more executive experience while taking a dump at Harvard University before running the Harvard Law Review than Palin had her entire time at the department store that is Wasilla City Hall.

My heart goes out to Palin for vetoing a bill she had to veto, just like every other state had to veto because same sex marriages/partnerships are becoming a civil rights issue. She thought of this all by her self! Bless her heart, and she also fought against the good ole boys? The same ones that are paying for her campaign? Oh my god, she's a hero!

She's nothing more and nothing less than a political w-h-o-r-e who has sold out her gender, her family, and will sell out the country to be the first unqualified vice president of the united states. Guess what Jeff? You get to tell your kids or your life partner that you voted for the worst ticket in modern history.

You are just another idiotic conservative who has to appeal to peoples emotions and feelings to prove that there is ANY reason to vote for Palin. In case you didnt know, in an agency like a City and/or a State, you have tons of people running things for you, you're hardly ever on the front line of issues. YOU ARE DISCONNECTED, which is exactly what McCain and Palin are - disconnected. Palin was never on the streets talking to her fellow neighbors about the issues that are important to them nor did she ever face any real challenges. She stopped a bridge to nowhere that she initially supported? Her entire career is a joke! No substance.
Wake up FQQLZ

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Sonia Kermaz wrote:
Since when does a Turtle become a prosititute on "K" street?
Republicans are Idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

midniteangel wrote:
This was actually funny. It was hilarious to see how good a racist white person from Florida can display their stupidity, ignorance, and racism while using the grammatical skills they acquired at a community college!

Wow, white trash has really come a long way!
I LOKE HOCKEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

hey now yall better stop talking about my babby's momma's momma because she might be the next first lady of the united states of omerica!

man if i woulda known my babby mommas momma was gon run the country i woulda knocked her up whn we first started skrewing around when we was 14, hell i might score me even more puntang when i we move to to the white house!
Republicans are Idiots

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you dismiss the fact that Sarah Palin is Commander of the Alaska National Guard consider this:
Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that "Protects the entire Nation" from ballistic missile attacks from China, Russia and North Korea. It is onpermanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.
As governor of Alaska, Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. Her exposure to classified material may rival even Biden's and certainly by far exceeds Obama's.
She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's counterterrorism plans.
Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country's defense. Given Alaska 's proximity to China, Russia and North Korea she may have security clearances we don't even know about.
According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.
Yet, we must ask ourselves if a junior league, community organizer, presidential candidate who has never signed both sides of a paycheck ...AND... whom surrounds himself with anti-Americans, muslims, terrorist sympathizers, radical clericals, misogynist and racist liberals, with a bigoted campaign is the answer to our nations problems?... Divisive?... Presidential?.... Security issue?... You bet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/02/opi ...
The Foolishness and Poison of Liberalism
The foolish and poison of liberalism? And you write your name as freedom lover? look up the definition of liberalism first dimwit.

You have a pretty good idea of what the Governor of Alaska's job description is, and none of of it changed from the transfer of office from the previous governor. She maintained a status quo - WOW WHAT QUALIFICATIONS???????

Which means, John McCain had to have had the previous governor his short list as well.

President Bush has tons of security clearances we don't know about and is is briefed on national security issues (both real and unreal) yet 9/11 happened on his watch, our economy is in the crapper, and our country is not ready to fight off an attack or natural disaster should it happen today or tomorrow.

You want 4 more years of this? Well, my fellow American, i can tell you that YOU are what's wrong with this country. You are willing to vote against your self interest, the interest of the country, and the global community at large.

Why not just be honest and say you're not voting for him because he's black? I'd be much more at ease with that than knowing you're really that stupid.
Wake up FQQLZ

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you dismiss the fact that Sarah Palin is Commander of the Alaska National Guard consider this:
Alaska is the first line of defense in our missile interceptor defense system. The 49th Missile Defense Battalion of the Alaska National Guard is the unit that "Protects the entire Nation" from ballistic missile attacks from China, Russia and North Korea. It is onpermanent active duty, unlike other Guard units.
As governor of Alaska, Palin is briefed on highly classified military issues, homeland security, and counterterrorism. Her exposure to classified material may rival even Biden's and certainly by far exceeds Obama's.
She's also the commander in chief of the Alaska State Defense Force (ASDF), a federally recognized militia incorporated into Homeland Security's counterterrorism plans.
Palin is privy to military and intelligence secrets that are vital to the entire country's defense. Given Alaska 's proximity to China, Russia and North Korea she may have security clearances we don't even know about.
According to the Washington Post, she first met with McCain in February, but nobody ever found out. This is a woman used to keeping secrets. She can be entrusted with our national security, because she already is.
Yet, we must ask ourselves if a junior league, community organizer, presidential candidate who has never signed both sides of a paycheck ...AND... whom surrounds himself with anti-Americans, muslims, terrorist sympathizers, radical clericals, misogynist and racist liberals, with a bigoted campaign is the answer to our nations problems?... Divisive?... Presidential?.... Security issue?... You bet...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/02/opi ...
The Foolishness and Poison of Liberalism
If you would quit smoking crack and meth you might get some sleep and have some use for toothPASTE!
Lucy

Pacoima, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Republicans are Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The foolish and poison of liberalism? And you write your name as freedom lover? look up the definition of liberalism first dimwit.
You have a pretty good idea of what the Governor of Alaska's job description is, and none of of it changed from the transfer of office from the previous governor. She maintained a status quo - WOW WHAT QUALIFICATIONS???????
Which means, John McCain had to have had the previous governor his short list as well.
President Bush has tons of security clearances we don't know about and is is briefed on national security issues (both real and unreal) yet 9/11 happened on his watch, our economy is in the crapper, and our country is not ready to fight off an attack or natural disaster should it happen today or tomorrow.
You want 4 more years of this? Well, my fellow American, i can tell you that YOU are what's wrong with this country. You are willing to vote against your self interest, the interest of the country, and the global community at large.
Why not just be honest and say you're not voting for him because he's black? I'd be much more at ease with that than knowing you're really that stupid.
You nailed it. A perfect '10'.
tinkerlove

Battle Creek, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Everybody in her home town is affraid to speak up,"WHY" ??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4203
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••