Race in America: Why are blacks being...

Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?

There are 9913 comments on the Washington Times story from Jul 8, 2013, titled Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as racists?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , July 8, 2013 - Last week's Rasmussen poll revealed some surprising and disturbing information about the way Americans think about race in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

BIgKnob

United States

#9121 Oct 20, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
This is so true it's actually absurd.
In your talk down to black people mind, is there a difference between poor white trash tralior park racist and the white middle class, didnt milton berle, jack benny, laural & hardy, the three stooges mock white people, I noticed you said nothing about black faced jew al joelson who mocked blk people,,your sound more like a liar and a hypocrite, when you speak truth speak all and not some,.........my correction to you,, back at cha..........
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9122 Oct 20, 2013
Malic wrote:
@GothicRose,
Topix is a tough crowd but I love my sisters and brothers here. I hear what you saying on this thread, and we do have a lot of cleaning up to do and I don't see us taking leaps and bounds to get there.
You say all the right things what we must do but how does it look to us Black folks who are down in the trenches for our Race to see a sistah who would date a White Man/marry a White Man and then standing on some high platform teaching us what we must do to clean up our act while she ride off in the sunset with her White Knight??
That's the image of IRBW that got the audacity to do stuff like that. I don't live in a ghetto....I'm middle-class.
However, I still drive by the stores in the hood. I give change up to $10.00 dollars. I offer rides to young and older ladies if they getting off the bus to walk a little ways to their home, and that I have seen them before and they seen me many times before.
I don't have to do those small things for my people but I do it. I'm move with compassion for them. I can get robbed, shot or killed because of my generosity but they are me, I am them. If Men and Women don't care, who's gonna care?."
I think people should care for themselves and their families. I think what hurt black communities all across the country are people caring to much. Government taking the place of a father, child care centers and schools taking the place of the mother, no worries about where food or medical care is going to come from. It's all taken care of.

Where I live HUD places families in suburban areas. Well if I can get to live in the suburbs without working, eat like a king, have all my utilities and medical care covered, then what's the point of trying?

“Halt die Klappe und kuss mich”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9125 Oct 20, 2013
Blacks are seen as racist more often than not because of the racial intolerance many of them have now. Not to mention that everything seems to fall back on racial differences or social injustices with blacks now. Instead of working hard and trying to prevail many rather complain and blame their lack of money or money on other races who are progressing faster than they are. It's really only the low class blacks that are prejudice....same applies to any other race. People blame their issues and lack of ambition or self worth on others....that's the real problem.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#9128 Oct 20, 2013
Simple Answer wrote:
<quoted text> Median IQ......I'm sure your IQ is as you describe......There are intelligent black folks, and when they occur there is such as a dichotomy as to be blatantly obvious.
The point, however, is about the roots of disparity in the global black community and why only a few black elite prosper......IQ, abstract thought, and the corresponding ability to plan are the roots of problems lack of pride, dignity, priorities, and work ethic.
Again, that's not white supremacy.....If if was Asians wouldn't be scoring higher on those tests......It's why a man from east Asia can come to the US and within a decade go from poverty to bring a millionaire.
I don't have an answer for it, but the myth making is all cognitive dissonance. The roots of inequality are genetic. I do believe ultimately blacks will catch up and there is proof they are starting to......but how long it will take is another matter.
Given the fact most black children grow up in single parent households, I think it's time for the public schools to step up. Ask a kid who just graduated high school what they know about the stock market, the commodity market, real estate, compound interest, and you will likely see a look on their face as if you asked the question in Chinese.

The streets are loaded with people similar to the black participants here. They promote that the key to success is being born a certain color or being from a certain family. If you are not, then your only hope for financial stability is to be very good at sports or make a good rap song. If you can't do that, then crime is the next best choice.

The public schools need to pound that myth out of the heads of these children. This is the United States where anybody (regardless of race) can be successful. It may take a lot of sacrifices, but it can be done. At the very least, the public school should have seminars with police hosting the events. They need to teach these kids how they are trained and how to respond to authority. Freeze does not mean put your hands in your coat pocket. Freeze does not mean take your hands out of your pockets. Freeze does not mean run away or quickly turn around at police. Freeze means freeze. If they can teach these kids that simple lesson, it may stop some of these shootings of unarmed blacks that happen every couple of months in this country.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9129 Oct 20, 2013
Uncle Tom was a hero. He refused to whip Cassie. Using him as a term of derision only shows what a MORON you are for doing it. It's also moronic to write "trailor" instead of "trailer". And the differences between "there, they're and their" should have been mastered well before 6th grade. Jethro!
GroBBBBBBBBBBBB
Seeker of Truth

Fort Washington, MD

#9130 Oct 20, 2013
Simple Answer wrote:
<quoted text> Oh honey,'there' is a reason they and Asians hold all the cards, and a reason why every black majority country on the planet is a violent impoverished shithole. Evolution. Caucasians and Asians evolved from the same common ancestors in Africa, but then both groups left Africa. The subsaharan African evolved for 'their' environment, which rewarded size, speed and strength, but for whom abstract thought, long term thinking, and general intelligence outside of pattern recognition were not selected for.
Which is why today the median IQ for Asians and Caucasians is 105 and 100 respectively......and the median IQ for blacks is 85.....So all this fabrication about institutional racism holding the majority of blacks back is bogus and simple self serving excuse making.
So unless some rapid Flynn Effect occurs that results in rapid race wide IQ advances, black folks are going to increasingly become financial burdens to society as the jobs continue to evolve toward information technology and skills requiring a strong mind and not a strong back.......Which isn't to say many whites aren't going to be too far behind given the Asians greater intellect.
Fool. Do you not know that Jesus Christ made the World? He was the one who created Adam and Eve. he was the one died for Black people ? He also resurrected to become King of Kings and to give Black Christians eternal life? So if this true, why do you slander your cousins, the black ones, whom you are related to throughout Adam and Noah? Are you saying Jesus Christ made a mistake dying for Black people? Are you saying Our God is should have died for White people only?

You need to stop believing in all of the evolution crap and start thinking wisely.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#9131 Oct 20, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> Read letters of a slave girl you indenial moron. Now what the ww's excuse for voluntairly getting with mandingo, and the crying rape when she got caught....remember willie mccgee in mississippi in 1952, when the judge's wife got caught she screamed rape, theres a history of that you know........
Just because one slave owner was like that. It does NOT mean that all slave owners were like that.
Some I know from research were cruel. But others were kind to those they had.
Some even provided those slaves that were Muslim with a place to pray that was separate from the rest of the living areas. Whereas there were those who FORCED their Christianity onto their slaves.
BIgKnob

United States

#9132 Oct 20, 2013
Wise_Crack_er wrote:
<quoted text>What a DUNCE! You pathetic CRYbabies whip out the race card and want to SUE whenever you're excluded. Just because none of you unemployed and oppressed perpetual "victims" can AFFORD to join a country club doesn't mean they're all "racist".
By the way, I think Tigger Woods
(who is just as "black" as presidunce obongo, by the way...)
....would disagree with your jealousy over mostly white country clubs.
The point scholar is im not asking you for nothing at ALL im telling black folks how to avoid snakes, so no I dont want to join no country club. Your girl ( spotted girl ) is on a black fourm tell blacks that they refuse to let whites have their own, that sounds hypo-critical to me,.......
BIgKnob

United States

#9133 Oct 20, 2013
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because one slave owner was like that. It does NOT mean that all slave owners were like that.
Some I know from research were cruel. But others were kind to those they had.
Some even provided those slaves that were Muslim with a place to pray that was separate from the rest of the living areas. Whereas there were those who FORCED their Christianity onto their slaves.
just because one nazi was like that doesnt mean all nazis were like that. There were good killers and bad killers right? See how damn foolish that and you sound..
BIgKnob

United States

#9134 Oct 20, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> SA thrived under the white man . After 20 years of black rule it is as bad as the other African Countries. Try making a rational argument
Telling the truth is not an attempt to disparage your heritage . No one cares what went on 2900 years ago Why can't black people control their own destiny in the here and now Being gangbangers is not a profession.
Black people should want more for their children than to be dead by the age of 20 killed by another black gangbanger
The truth is not racist ,Knob, live with it
If I had free land, & free slave labor i'd thrive too, the point smart guy is they left europe and took somebody elses land, and then rewrote history to justify their presence, just like you use welfare to justify your meddling into the affairs of black folks you say the truth is not racist, wasnt teaching in school that the civil war was fought over slavery.a racist truth..........true it was fought, but not for the reason that they taught in school...so thats a racist truth.
BIgKnob

United States

#9135 Oct 20, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly...the majority of black people don't fully understand our history, so I don't expect much in the way of realistically viewing our present condition.
you speak for yourself, you dont know the majority of black folks, and I dont either, but I bet you that more agree with me than you, because im not afraid to swing back, and black folks should control their own destiny, and not rely pn the benevolence of anybody like you seem to want,,,,
BIgKnob

United States

#9137 Oct 20, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> Stop sidestepping the question. Why can't some black people act civilized TODAY?
History be damned. Antisocial behavior is a result of upbringing not past history .
whats the meth smoking tralior park whites excuse, why cant they get it together after all you do have white priviledge dont you.......in 1967 Dr. Martin L King jr. said: that he feared that the negro would embrace american-ism and lose his soul, because this is a sick society, american values destroys the soul. Ask Adam Lanza..
Brad

Bolton, CT

#9138 Oct 20, 2013
BIgKnob wrote:
<quoted text> You should get bm wanting a ww out of your mind. Dont disgrace a self-respecting bm with that non-sense, besides history teaches that many ww got with bm voluntarily, but when they got caught they screamed rape, thats what happened to willie mcgee in mississippi, in 1952, she cheated on her husband, lied and got willie the electric chair. Go look it up........ Janis joplin even made a song about it called me & bobby mcgee.......... Stop lying
LOL

It wasn't Joplins song,nor was it about racism.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9139 Oct 20, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure you've read everything that's here, my friend. I don't hate anyone for their skin color. I hate people who don't want to work hard. I respect anyone with a work ethic who holds himself accountable for his lot in life.
Is the distributing of power skewed toward whites? Yes.
Is that an excuse for failure? No, because foreigners come here and succeed.
The failure of black people is due to all of the things I've outlined previously.
Well Said!, which I can totally agree.

Location hidden

#9140 Oct 20, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly...the majority of black people don't fully understand our history, so I don't expect much in the way of realistically viewing our present condition.
you got that right, Black People here in the US don't fully understand their History.
BIgKnob

United States

#9141 Oct 20, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
It wasn't Joplins song,nor was it about racism.
you look up the willie mcgee story in 1952 mississippi, about a voluntary realationship he had with a ww, and when she got caught, she screamed rape, and willie got the electric chair.thats why the founders fathers passed the anti-miscegenation laws, even to this day hollywood is not making no ir movies or tv shows where the man is of color and the woman is white, by they make these movies the other way around, you explaine why. I didnt say janis wrote the song, it was based on that story........lol

Location hidden

#9142 Oct 20, 2013
GothicRose wrote:
Black People, we NEED to criticize ourselves. And then we need to FIX ourselves. We can't hide from honesty. We can't blame White People forever.
When will we be responsible for ourselves?
You sound just like Bill Cosby telling the truth and a majority of Blacks don't like to hear it.
BIgKnob

United States

#9143 Oct 20, 2013
Excuse me, I ment but they make
BIgKnob

United States

#9144 Oct 20, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right, Black People here in the US don't fully understand their History.
and you dont fully unerstand their history....she was a troll, what bw calls herself gothic LOL
Spike

Akron, OH

#9145 Oct 20, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo!!!! They resent the FACT that ALL of the other races on this planet have left them BEHIND. ALL they have to offer is violence and brawn. Sure, that worked a century ago, but the new world works on INTELLIGENCE. So of course they are freaking out. They are literally watching the civilized world pass them by while they food stamp and baby daddy their way into utter uselessness.
What amazing flase pride these fools can muster while they blame everyone else for their faults.
GroBBBBBBBBB
Yes, that "Black Pride" thing has always been a bit of a mystery for the rest of us. If one is aware of the fact that there has never been a successful black government in the history of the world you have to wonder why anyone would think that Obama is going to change that record. And taking it to the next step, why should anyone be surprized at the crumbling failure known as "ObamaCare"? "whada ya mean it's not free" ! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Realtime 1,601,399
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min In your living room 289,470
News Election tampering by Russia still without evid... 3 hr southern at heart 28
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 13 hr Fuggleton 37,425
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) Thu WelbyMD 242,611
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) Wed Oneryders Daughter 13
News Opinion: The Fatal Flaw for Republicans in Grah... Wed fingers mcgurke 1
More from around the web