Obama's Support Grows Broader, New Poll Finds

Feb 26, 2008 | Posted by: pha | Full story: www.nytimes.com

In the past two months, Senator Barack Obama has built a commanding coalition among Democratic voters, with especially strong support among men, and is now viewed by most Democrats as the candidate best able to ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jay

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 26, 2008
 
Why hasn't anyone asked him about his failure to cover his heart when the pledge is resited, or sing the national anthem. Or even his muslim faith? Is this the way of the United States?
New South Lady

Saint George, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 26, 2008
 
Jay wrote:
Why hasn't anyone asked him about his failure to cover his heart when the pledge is resited, or sing the national anthem. Or even his muslim faith? Is this the way of the United States?
Yup. Get used to it baby!

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 26, 2008
 
New South Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Get used to it baby!
It being Marxism, regulations and poop...baby.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 26, 2008
 
To the three nuts above, and all other misinformed bigots:
Obama is more a true patriot to this country than you could ever be. You probably cover your hearts during the pledge, and maybe sing the National Anthem, then go about acting out your un-American prejudices.
intelligent_inde pendent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 26, 2008
 
Jay wrote:
Why hasn't anyone asked him about his failure to cover his heart when the pledge is resited, or sing the national anthem. Or even his muslim faith? Is this the way of the United States?
I'm so tired of this pathetic attempt at FEAR MONGERING you idiots keep trying to spew around!!

That "pledge" photo could've been taken of ANY candidate at just the right "opportunistic" time!
Just as you were taking your hand down from your heart, or right before you covered your heart!

And if this was the pledge of allegiance, they were ALL being disrespectful!
You are supposed to face the flag!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.a...
HTS

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 26, 2008
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
To the three nuts above, and all other misinformed bigots:
Obama is more a true patriot to this country than you could ever be. You probably cover your hearts during the pledge, and maybe sing the National Anthem, then go about acting out your un-American prejudices.
Obama is not a patriot because he is a democrat. Therefore, he despises the constitution and loves socialism.
intelligent_inde pendent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 26, 2008
 
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is not a patriot because he is a democrat. Therefore, he despises the constitution and loves socialism.
Yet another repugnant who is delusional and thinks Bush is a conservative!
Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing! You guys sure got duped on that one, didn't you?

Gay sex is still occurring every day.
Still have the right to an abortion.
Record deficit.
Record illegal immigrants entering our country!

Bush is worse than Carter!

Try using your brain and think for yourself!
Quit following the Faux news herd!

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 26, 2008
 
Growing Demographic support for Obama is much too broad & large to ignore.

It's all over for Hildabeast.

The Fat Lady will be signing next Tuesday night.

Since: Dec 07

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 26, 2008
 
Can a good Muslim be a good American?

This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.

The following is his reply:

Theologically - no.... Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon God of Arabia.

Religiously - no.... Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran).

Scripturally - no.... Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.

Geographically - no.... Because his allegiance i s to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.

Socially - no.... Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.

Politically - no.... Because he m ust su bmit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.

Domestically - no.... Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).

Intellectually - no.... Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles, and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.

Philosophically - no.. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow f reedom o f religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.

Spiritually - no.... Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.



Therefore after much study and deliberation, perhaps we
should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.



They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and good Americans.

*** Call it what you wish; it's still the truth.

*** You had better believe it.

*** The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.



And Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim?, wants to be our President?



You HAVE to be kidding?! Wake up America!

Obama even says if he wins the election, he will

be sworn in on the Quran (Koran)---not the Bible!
OMG

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 26, 2008
 
tommygun3 wrote:
Can a good Muslim be a good American?
This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
The following is his reply:
Theologically - no.... Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon God of Arabia.
Religiously - no.... Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran).
Scripturally - no.... Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.
Geographically - no.... Because his allegiance i s to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no.... Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no.... Because he m ust su bmit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no.... Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no.... Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles, and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no.. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow f reedom o f religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
Spiritually - no.... Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation, perhaps we
should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.
They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and good Americans.
*** Call it what you wish; it's still the truth.
*** You had better believe it.
*** The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
And Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim?, wants to be our President?
You HAVE to be kidding?! Wake up America!
Obama even says if he wins the election, he will
be sworn in on the Quran (Koran)---not the Bible!
...Uh..in case you didn't get the memo Obama is not a Muslim

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 26, 2008
 
a little note from barack

My fellow Identity-Americans:

As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for their ... well, support.

Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee he was having an extra marital affair with who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking.

It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart.

So when you go to vote in the primaries, remember don't think, just do.

And do it for me.

Thank You.

“Dropped on head as child”

Since: Dec 06

Athens, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 26, 2008
 
Wow, look at all the unemployed rednecks bashing Obama today!

Isn't the Skinhead Nation cooking up some meth for you yokel slackers today?

Why don't you nose-pickers go to I-RAK and fight for your country?

LOL!

“Yes. We. Can.”

Since: Dec 07

Haddam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 26, 2008
 
Jay wrote:
Why hasn't anyone asked him about his failure to cover his heart when the pledge is resited, or sing the national anthem. Or even his muslim faith? Is this the way of the United States?
He puts his hand over his heart when the pledge is recited and he does sing the national anthem.
He is not muslim.
Do some fact checking.

“Yes. We. Can.”

Since: Dec 07

Haddam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 26, 2008
 
tommygun3 wrote:
Can a good Muslim be a good American?
This question was forwarded to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
The following is his reply:
Theologically - no.... Because his allegiance is to Allah, The moon God of Arabia.
Religiously - no.... Because no other religion is accepted by His Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)(Koran).
Scripturally - no.... Because his allegiance is to the five Pillars of Islam and the Quran.
Geographically - no.... Because his allegiance i s to Mecca , to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no.... Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no.... Because he m ust su bmit to the mullahs (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no.... Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no.... Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles, and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no.. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow f reedom o f religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic.
Spiritually - no.... Because when we declare 'one nation under God,' the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as Heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation, perhaps we
should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.
They obviously cannot be both 'good' Muslims and good Americans.
*** Call it what you wish; it's still the truth.
*** You had better believe it.
*** The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
And Barack Hussein Obama, a Muslim?, wants to be our President?
You HAVE to be kidding?! Wake up America!
Obama even says if he wins the election, he will
be sworn in on the Quran (Koran)---not the Bible!
First off: He's not a Muslim.
Second off, I'd like to know where you heard he'd not swear in on the bible.
lol My God I'm sooooooo blown away by how many people buy this crap.

Since: Dec 07

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 26, 2008
 
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
...Uh..in case you didn't get the memo Obama is not a Muslim
Wait and see

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 26, 2008
 
just had lunch wrote:
a little note from barack
My fellow Identity-Americans:
As your future President I want to thank my supporters, for their ... well, support.
Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.
I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behavior somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.
I would also like to thank the Kennedy's for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King, Jr. and Teddy killed a female employee he was having an extra marital affair with who was pregnant with his child. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.
And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.
Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.
I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.
Americans are tired of thinking.
It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart.
So when you go to vote in the primaries, remember don't think, just do.
And do it for me.
Thank You.
Go have dinner.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 26, 2008
 
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is not a patriot because he is a democrat. Therefore, he despises the constitution and loves socialism.
You're delusional.

“Dropped on head as child”

Since: Dec 06

Athens, Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 26, 2008
 
News Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
He puts his hand over his heart when the pledge is recited and he does sing the national anthem.
He is not muslim.
Do some fact checking.
These people know that.

They are either racist or aborto-freaks who hate "liberals".

I Treat them like the dirtbags they are.
Mo Lubee

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Feb 26, 2008
 
Broader support - the electricity is in the air! As with the Kennedy campaigns I remember from bygone days, there is a wind of fresh air and new ideas brewing change in America.

A new generation, toughened by Viet Nam and educated by 911 is taking the bit and running with it, a new generation following their charasmatic leader into America's future with new ideas, new solutions and confidence in their purpose.

You can feel the excitement, it's in the air, in the words of folk music, it's "blowing in the wind". These are great times to be young, to be a part of a new generation discarding old ideas, failed solutions and seizing the mantle of leadership.

Those of us old enough to have loved John F Kennedy urge you young people to seize this moment, be makers of history!

Join the movement supporting the great leadership of Barack Obama, history will treat your decision well. In your heart of hearts, you know he is right for America and right for you! Your time has come!

GO OBAMA!

YES WE CAN!

“Dragon Slayer”

Since: Jul 07

Antonito Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Feb 26, 2008
 
Do not elect Barrack Obama because he is a BLACK man.

Elect him because he is THE man!!

Obama in 2008!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••