Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

Jan 12, 2008 Full story: National Ledger 29,299

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Full Story
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#30260 Nov 9, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Funny....finally finished mine on the 14th, an amendment. And the last check for 2012, maybe
Yep, things of that nature are popping up all over the place.
Good news is this environment cant last long, better news is recognizing your allies are growing. Know your role and trust that others do the same.
I am being watched and quizzed nightly for a few more years, head back down workin.......we all have our jobs.
Sadly, a rational approach is to get a legal divorce. Think about that
Even more rational is take disability and bilk the system with cash earnings and continue to live beneath my means. Sadly some men are burdened with their principles and others are just burdens.
Instead the locals continue on....the way it was is the way it is.
In my area wall street has a lower approval rating than congress. Times are changing
Billr talking about Progressive and liberals like it a disease. I'm no liberal but i found Conservatives are worst than liberals, what you sAY?

BAHHAHAAA

United States

#30261 Nov 9, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt, the GOP needs to return to fiscal sanity. Boehner has proven inept while new leadership candidates are shunned. Yet pragmatism seems too little, too late.
From my view the public has been manipulated too long and they hunger for truth. Sustainability needs to be the key and that requires a certain amount of ideological purity. We need to hear the status quo is failing, we need to hear we are not, at this time, exceptional.
I have little doubt within the first term of the next President the issue of worlds transactional currency will be on the table. Either by crisis or diplomacy this issue is moving forward rapidly. In the areas of international monetary policy and world trade the type of hard headed conservative we seek for fiscal sanity will most likely be an outside the beltway type. In all fairness getting our best deal in this area is not quite good enough. Just how stubborn and secure in his beliefs is the candidate - this is what I will watch for in the fat man from Jersey, and which bank backs him. I would we not get a chief executive that wants to steer the legislative process, rather the opposite. One that will let the congress suffer their fate and force them to make decisions. Again, an outside the beltway type.
I cant help but wonder........just how many actual humans are actually investing into stocks ? Sure the stock prices rise yet where is the volume, where is the inconsistency of real humans moving the ticker. The whole thing is now banks using algorithms to trade in nano seconds. Sure we have the speculative gypsies and big fund manipulators but what we dont have is real savings pouring into it, just like the housing bubble before it burst. The timing with the inflation of the bond markets is uncanny....almost like QE never ended or tapered, and it didnt. I am buckling up - turbulence ahead
how many of us American understand what QE can do to its economy...?

How many will understand , the next big thing, the loose regulation applied to Deriviative, and its implication, way worst than 2008 , it sure put US on pedestal to further fnancial and economic ruins?

Hmmmmmm?

United States

#30262 Nov 9, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>The lady that ran against him was a loser, the Democratic party gave him a pass. On the other side the legislature was dominated by the Democrats, Christie is alone. He won in a landslide against a patsy and the rest of his party went down........And to top it off it was a record low turnout, not exactly signaling Christie's ability to grow anything important to the conservative cause as much as Christie's career.
I dont question his appeal.
In his first election he defeated Jon Corzine in 2009.......by a slim margin. The former Goldman man and bailout advocate was under fire. Seems to me Christie enjoys what Rudi had, the media props him up and he acted like a leader during a crisis. I fear he turns out to be a Rudi
Rudi is another Authoritarian, Rudi Ironfist Approach not gonna get my vote, why so many Authoritarian in govt, that is what wrong with America, whether it is Democrats or Republicans(The leaders in Power) as most are all about for Greed and Power?

United States

#30263 Nov 9, 2013
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Politicians are professional actors at best, more likely they are whores.
Who buys them ?
Head of FDA is a revolving door of Monsanto loyalist, SEC run by Goldman Sachs. Senators husbands with billion dollar no bid contracts etc.....
Who buys them ?
Who profits from Obamacare ? Health networks and HMO's
Good article supporting the local position that Hillary / jeb Bush will lead the next election, one will win.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Oh please not ? another bUSHIE OR hILLARYARIOUS, have we , all have enough of the Sh1tbangs?

bahhahaaaa

United States

#30264 Nov 9, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
Today I witnessed Thai's at their very worst, after almost 17 years here.. A friend and I went to our very favorite pizza place for lunch, unaware that that one of the Thai political parties was going to hold a rally on the corner where the resturant is located. Never,(and I have traveled all over most of the world) have I seen a sight like I witnessed today. Stupid, obnonious, rude, nasty, smelly, sweaty people blowing whistles, blocking the flow of traffic, blocking the sidwalk, and in general being the dumbest bunch of worthless trash. Entering the resturant to look at the mob and they were upset when told to leave. This was men and women. The the officals at the Bangkok transit authority shut down the escalatores to slow the movments of the mob, trying to exit the scene was wall to wall people, disregarding the need for others to move and helping to creat a bigger mass of people. the only thing I can relate this to is the way Arabs react. The thai people should be very proud of their reaction today. It reminded me of a pack of amimals. Sad day and for anyone of you ever thinking about a visit be sure to check the political climate first. PS. The pizza was perfect.
Some Thai News said number of homeless Americans on street of Thai , and a number not wanting to come back to USA, heard about this?
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#30265 Nov 10, 2013
UIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>All the 7 sins, i get you! ABhahahaaaaaaa
7 what? Never heard of it. Skip run naked through the streets, with your hair on fire. 7 sins get out of here!!!!
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#30266 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>Some Thai News said number of homeless Americans on street of Thai , and a number not wanting to come back to USA, heard about this?
If it's true I have seen nothing of it in my circle of friends or in the areas that I go to. I do live very close to the center of the city. Now having said that, it my be true in the dirt bag areas like Pattaya or Phuket that draw the worthless trash.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30267 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>Billr use to KOWTOW TO McCAIN , i don't what he she in him?
Bahahahhaaaa
My support for McCain was hardly enthusiastic, but I find this
Obama debacle far, far worse. Obama is the most dishonest
and conniving President in decades.

Hey, have you signed up for Obamacare yet?
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30268 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>HE BIPARTISANSHOP-OF-HORROR (the leaders in power) agendas , in sly collobaration , is not amiss , if you can not see both are in the game, pity those who still asleep at the wheel! Really Sad SAD!
Given you are opposed to virtually everyone, IO, who and what
do you support? It is easy to condemn ... more difficult to
affirm.

It takes no intellect whatsoever to criticize or diminish
another person's point of view. It does take intellect to
present an alternative.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30269 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>Billr talking about Progressive and liberals like it a disease. I'm no liberal but i found Conservatives are worst than liberals, what you sAY?
BAHHAHAAA
How can you question QE and at the same time deny that liberal/
progressive policies are having an incredibly negative long term
effect on our already fragile economy?

Are you ready for the DeBlasio regime?
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30270 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>how many of us American understand what QE can do to its economy...?
How many will understand , the next big thing, the loose regulation applied to Deriviative, and its implication, way worst than 2008 , it sure put US on pedestal to further fnancial and economic ruins?
Hmmmmmm?
See the above. Have you any answers ... or just whining.
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30271 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>Why would sane person vote for Christie , when NJ is not getting what it wants?
If you have read my comments you should have noted that I am
not endorsing or even supporting Christie. I have lots of questions about him, yet I admire his ability to take on the
corrupt Democratic regime that has controlled NJ for decades.

"Not getting what it wants?" If you are speaking about the
property taxes, which are obscene, this is not his venue. They
fall on local government, not state government.

Example: My parents bought a $14,900 home in 1956. After they
passed on in 2008 I discovered that this 1100 sq ft house was
being taxed $525 per month. Before the mortgage was paid off
in 1986 their house payment was $114 per month.

My sister and her husband own a 60 year old house in NJ. Their
property taxes are $700 per month. Nothing special about the
house. Market price in NJ would be about $285,000.

Here in Oregon our house, substantially larger than theirs and
just 18 years old, sitting on several acres, is taxed $200 per
month. That includes additional farmland acres, 2 wells, one
barn, 3 outbuildings, and a creek running thru it.

You can't blame Christie for the NJ situation. It is the result
of decades of extortion from city and county employees, plus a
huge boost from "teacher's unions."
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30272 Nov 10, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to point out that a Republican president would not only
have veto power over Harry Reid's entourage, but would very
likely avoid the "governing by executive order" exemplified by
Obama. Furthermore, unlike Obama, a Republican would be
willing to work with others .... something Obama has refused
to do.

My friend, every functional government has been characterized
by a resolve to compromise or at the very least negotiate.
What we have now are two uncompromising poles ... Democratic
bullies/ideologues and Republican/tea party ideologues who
together brought true governance to a standstill. No one has
benefitted by the outcome of this in-your-face style of
governance except those elected officials with their hand in
the till.

Example: we needed health care reform, but we did not need this
abomination now in place. The Dems refused to consider any
amendment offered by Republicans and now must accept full
responsibility for the debacle about to occur. In short, we
needed to make some changes but the Dems decided to reinvent
the wheel. Someone forgot the lug nuts.

United States

#30273 Nov 10, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
7 what? Never heard of it. Skip run naked through the streets, with your hair on fire. 7 sins get out of here!!!!
lol! You don't know you have an Invisible 666 on forehead. You can't denied the 7 sins, you actually practice everyday whether you know it our not, you flesh is burning and hair along with it!! BAHAHAHhaaaaa

United States

#30274 Nov 10, 2013
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's true I have seen nothing of it in my circle of friends or in the areas that I go to. I do live very close to the center of the city. Now having said that, it my be true in the dirt bag areas like Pattaya or Phuket that draw the worthless trash.
i smell a Liar ! Why you live in Thai, for sex , rock-n-roll, Booze... all 7 sins! A Bhahahaaaaa

United States

#30275 Nov 10, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
It not Just Obama , other previous adms had to do with ugly state of an Affair we all are seeing today at home and worldwide, a moral and financial corrupted US! Parodoxically Ironic!

United States

#30276 Nov 10, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Given you are opposed to virtually everyone, IO, who and what
do you support? It is easy to condemn ... more difficult to
affirm.
It takes no intellect whatsoever to criticize or diminish
another person's point of view. It does take intellect to
present an alternative.
Present an alternative is all good! But when those who support Authoritarians in power , who are ones help them abuse Freedom of Speech, how can you present alternatives ? DUH!

You way dumber than those persons who didn't criticize bad/immoral mans that ruined a nation in fact You worked/support war monger Bush & Co agendas, those mans with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and people in it and the world? How that for insanity from you, what an intellect you have there ? What ashame!

===

J. WILLIAM FULBRIGHT (1905-1995) American senator

In a democracy dissent is an act of faith.

To criticize one's country is to do it a service .... Criticism, in short, is more than a right; it is an act of patriotism-a higher form of patriotism, I believe, than the familiar rituals and national adulation.

United States

#30277 Nov 10, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to point out that a Republican president would not only
have veto power over Harry Reid's entourage, but would very
likely avoid the "governing by executive order" exemplified by
Obama. Furthermore, unlike Obama, a Republican would be
willing to work with others .... something Obama has refused
to do.
My friend, every functional government has been characterized
by a resolve to compromise or at the very least negotiate.
What we have now are two uncompromising poles ... Democratic
bullies/ideologues and Republican/tea party ideologues who
together brought true governance to a standstill. No one has
benefitted by the outcome of this in-your-face style of
governance except those elected officials with their hand in
the till.
Example: we needed health care reform, but we did not need this
abomination now in place. The Dems refused to consider any
amendment offered by Republicans and now must accept full
responsibility for the debacle about to occur. In short, we
needed to make some changes but the Dems decided to reinvent
the wheel. Someone forgot the lug nuts.
Who said you can't have domestic spending and Overseas Military spending at the same time?

Yep someone stole little people lug nuts! ABhahahaaaaa

United States

#30278 Nov 10, 2013
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have read my comments you should have noted that I am
not endorsing or even supporting Christie. I have lots of questions about him, yet I admire his ability to take on the
corrupt Democratic regime that has controlled NJ for decades.
"Not getting what it wants?" If you are speaking about the
property taxes, which are obscene, this is not his venue. They
fall on local government, not state government.
Example: My parents bought a $14,900 home in 1956. After they
passed on in 2008 I discovered that this 1100 sq ft house was
being taxed $525 per month. Before the mortgage was paid off
in 1986 their house payment was $114 per month.
My sister and her husband own a 60 year old house in NJ. Their
property taxes are $700 per month. Nothing special about the
house. Market price in NJ would be about $285,000.
Here in Oregon our house, substantially larger than theirs and
just 18 years old, sitting on several acres, is taxed $200 per
month. That includes additional farmland acres, 2 wells, one
barn, 3 outbuildings, and a creek running thru it.
You can't blame Christie for the NJ situation. It is the result
of decades of extortion from city and county employees, plus a
huge boost from "teacher's unions."
Nice one sided love! How about both as corrupted and engender to take you lowly sheeeople for a ride of a lifetime? BAhahhaaaaa
Bill R

Halsey, OR

#30279 Nov 10, 2013
<quoted text>Present an alternative is all good! But when those who support Authoritarians in power , who are ones help them abuse Freedom of Speech, how can you present alternatives ? DUH!
You way dumber than those persons who didn't criticize bad/immoral mans that ruined a nation in fact You worked/support war monger Bush & Co agendas, those mans with reason but without/lack of moral will do what to its nation and people in it and the world? How that for insanity from you, what an intellect you have there ? What ashame!
===
J. WILLIAM FULBRIGHT (1905-1995) American senator
In a democracy dissent is an act of faith.
To criticize one's country is to do it a service .... Criticism, in short, is more than a right; it is an act of patriotism-a higher form of patriotism, I believe, than the familiar rituals and national adulation.
Your message is garbled, IO. I'm still waiting for something
from you about who and what you support.

I've been a critic for decades. In fact I have a signed first
edition copy of "The Arrogance of Power." You do know, of course,
that he was a well known racist, don't you? Or do you just wish
to pick and choose words of his that make sense to you?

I am confused about what "agendas" you claim I support. You
appear to be somewhat confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,190,238
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Le Duped 171,786
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,826
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 1 hr Le Duped 147
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Earthling-1 33,931
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 5 hr garagehero 27,523
Terri Schiavo's Painful Deprivation of Food and... (Mar '09) 9 hr hornback12 1,198
More from around the web