Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third ...

Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

There are 29308 comments on the National Ledger story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?. In it, National Ledger reports that:

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Ledger.

UiDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#29493 Dec 30, 2012
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now!!! Whats your point? I don't see any thing wrong with all of the above.
But you do!
UIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#29496 Dec 31, 2012
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care two figs about the people of the world as you call them. All of those enemies your so concerned about couldn't lick a postage stamp. The less that like us the better, all they do is suck up good air, stand around with their hands out and contribute nothing, much the same as you. OH one more thing, it is this administration that is ruining the dollar, not the piss ant countries in this world. What America really needs, is a real all out war, I mean a 100% all out war, with a full draft and I don't care where it is or who it's with.
But when 179 nations collobarated and supporting Cuba, AND US ( 3 allies supporting US), what about this?

U dimwit US already on all out war---/ A global Macroecomnomic war on the world, that is really coup d'etat on American economic/financial wellbeing an on the world economy means what War monger? I bet you having a clue.

And billr the chicken hawk left because he can't even intellectual counter what i put forth.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#29497 Dec 31, 2012
I don't remember using the word stolen. I remember saying that the Republican Party corrupted their primary process. They absolutely changed the rules as things proceeded because Ron Paul proved to be very well organized. Dr. Paul qualified for the opportunity of nomination from the floor in Tampa. If not, then why was there a last minute rule committee meeting before the convention started. Why was Morton Blackwell's bus turned away at the gate so he arrived to late for the meeting? Why were delegates sent away and disqualified at the last minute? If there was absolutely no chance that Ron Paul could've walked away with the convention why did the GOP put so much effort into all this?
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you, regarding Ron Paul. How can you say that the nomination was stolen from him when the fact is that hardly anybody voted for Ron Paul in the primaries?
The Republican Party isn't dead; it just needs to change by moving to the center. If you want a libertarian president, then vote for the Libertarian Party because the GOP is never going to move in that direction.
rushlimbaughdotm e

Titusville, FL

#29498 Dec 31, 2012
yourname@RushLimbaugh.me email address

get yours today www.rushlimbaugh.me

write on the Rush Limbaugh Forum and more!

www.rushlimbaugh.me
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29499 Dec 31, 2012
taxpayerUSA wrote:
I don't remember using the word stolen. I remember saying that the Republican Party corrupted their primary process. They absolutely changed the rules as things proceeded because Ron Paul proved to be very well organized. Dr. Paul qualified for the opportunity of nomination from the floor in Tampa. If not, then why was there a last minute rule committee meeting before the convention started. Why was Morton Blackwell's bus turned away at the gate so he arrived to late for the meeting? Why were delegates sent away and disqualified at the last minute? If there was absolutely no chance that Ron Paul could've walked away with the convention why did the GOP put so much effort into all this?
<quoted text>
My guess is that they didn't want there to be any kind of controversy at the convention. They wanted the appearance of unity.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29500 Dec 31, 2012
The Chargers finally fired Norv, several years too late, lol.
Bill R

Sweet Home, OR

#29501 Jan 1, 2013
Steve wrote:
The Chargers finally fired Norv, several years too late, lol.
Yeah .... but for today let us congratulate the
Cardinal for delivering a win at the Rose Bowl.

Then .... go Ducks in the Fiesta Bowl!

Whether the Ducks win or lose everyone here knows
Chip Kelly will be moving on to the NFL. My guess
is Philadelphia, though I don't think his system
will work nearly as well in the NFL and may be
back in the college ranks in 3 years.

The Ducks typically hire from within, which is why
they have the longest tenured coaching staff in
the NCAA. Look for OC Mark to take reins. He
knows the system and the players and the culture
of the coaching system backwards and forwards.
The Ducks would not allow a big name coach to
come in and bring in his own OC, DC and other
assistants. Oregon's rise has been due to its
internal stability ... geez, they have only had 3
coaches in more than 30 years and many key people
have been working under them for decades.

Now .... who do you see going to the Chargers?

And will Pat Haden have the courage to cut Lane Kiffen
loose and go for Boise's Petersen with a fistful of
money? Petersen is out of the UO and has hinted that
he would consider the HC at Oregon, but if he is
passed over (some alumni despise him) he may look at
USC if offered.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29502 Jan 3, 2013
Bill R, I'll respond to you in time, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that Ron Paul is no longer a congressman. He has presumably left the stage of politics. Also, Barney Frank is gone, and Joe Lieberman has retired from the Senate. A lot of big names in politics are now history.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29503 Jan 4, 2013
Congrats to Oregon, BillR.
Bill R

Ashford, WA

#29505 Jan 5, 2013
Steve wrote:
Bill R, I'll respond to you in time, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that Ron Paul is no longer a congressman. He has presumably left the stage of politics. Also, Barney Frank is gone, and Joe Lieberman has retired from the Senate. A lot of big names in politics are now history.
Not enough of 'em.......
Bill R

Ashford, WA

#29506 Jan 5, 2013
Steve wrote:
Congrats to Oregon, BillR.
39-3 over the past 3 years.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#29507 Jan 6, 2013
yep
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#29508 Jan 6, 2013
HAPYY NEW YEAR TO ALL! EASY, BILL, LORAX, LOCAL, STEVE, IO, JAVY and anyone else I failed to metion.

Love reading the commentary!!!! Keep it up. Hope everyone has a healthy and (hopefully tax free) prosperous New Year!!

~off topix~~ the only good thing I've read is that the downfall of our loss has been the ignoring of the libertarian part of the GOP...Small Govt coupled with FREEDOM!!!.. So next time you pseudo conservatives (NEORINOS <patented word> lol) try to hijack the true meaning of conservatism, YOU WILL LOSE!(big time)

Hope you a$$es learned your lesson!

God Bless and take care in the New Year!:)
uidiotraceamakeW orldPeace

United States

#29509 Jan 6, 2013
rushlimbaughdotme wrote:
yourname@RushLimbaugh.me email address
get yours today www.rushlimbaugh.me
write on the Rush Limbaugh Forum and more!
www.rushlimbaugh.me
I like Limb Aught to come and debate on this thread , so i can give him hard thing to chew on, hope he has big tooth ache! BAWHQAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA
uidiotraceamakeW orldPeace

United States

#29510 Jan 6, 2013
Crazy n Nutty Politics wrote:
HAPYY NEW YEAR TO ALL! EASY, BILL, LORAX, LOCAL, STEVE, IO, JAVY and anyone else I failed to metion.
Love reading the commentary!!!! Keep it up. Hope everyone has a healthy and (hopefully tax free) prosperous New Year!!
~off topix~~ the only good thing I've read is that the downfall of our loss has been the ignoring of the libertarian part of the GOP...Small Govt coupled with FREEDOM!!!.. So next time you pseudo conservatives (NEORINOS <patented word> lol) try to hijack the true meaning of conservatism, YOU WILL LOSE!(big time)
Same to you and have healthy and safe New year all! ArYOOOOooooooOOO!:).......
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#29511 Jan 6, 2013
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."-Ayn Rand

Good Night :) God Bless!
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#29513 Jan 7, 2013
God I love reading the news..looks like the republicans are eating their own. Neocon warhawks are up in arms about Chuck Hagel. Why do these guys LOVE war so much???..wtf. lmao.

At least McCain likes him..thats when my jaw dropped...I guess a few years as a POW taught him something.(does that stop the guys over at faux...NO..HAHHA)

I never see this on the nature channel..piranhas never eat their own. lol Gotta love it. It's like watching the titanic...only knowing their gonna hit an iceberg.
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#29514 Jan 7, 2013
Can we all go back to the days when you could just vote for someone because they agreed with your position?

Nowadays..you vote..and when they get in you are left with.."WHAT THE F DID YOU DO?"

Hate political hypocrisy. However, we all have a right to change our mind..but some of us don't get paid for doing it!
Crazy n Nutty Politics

Miami Beach, FL

#29515 Jan 7, 2013
I don't know why I go to the neocon blogs...always get thrown off then I have to change IP's again. anyway....
Neocons are going berserk over Hagel..(over israel..what's new)

But..Gotta give the guy credit..decorated hero In My Opinion. No bullshit going on there! Much Respect deserved and attained!

He's also correct..to quote George Washington. "likewise, a passionate attachment of one nation for another produces a variety of evils."

God Bless him for Not Giving a F!
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29516 Jan 7, 2013
Crazy n Nutty Politics wrote:
Happy New Year to you too, CNP!
I agree with some of what you're saying. I think that, at least on some social issues like gay marriage, the GOP needs to become more libertarian. They need to get softer on immigration, which one can argue is a libertarian issue.(Many libertarians support totally open borders, in fact.) The GOP should also not be itching to go to war with Iran.
However, I don't think that the GOP should adopt all libertarian values. Americans like their Social Security and Medicare, and soon a majority will approve of Obamacare. The GOP should leave that issue alone and focus on other ways to cut the deficit spending, including raising taxes on some people (which they've already agreed to). The GOP may also need to support some gun control, like an assault weapons ban and closing gun show loopholes, contrary to libertarian ideology. I honestly think the GOP needs to become more centrist than libertarian, although probably anything is better than what they are right now.
What area of disagreement provoked you to not vote for Mitt Romney, btw?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Homer 1,262,388
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wondstoo 194,375
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Le Duped 189,811
News Bush lays out immigration plan to Telemundo 29 min tomin cali 9
News Gingrich: Romney will win 'over 300 electoral v... (Oct '12) 1 hr Poverty Sucks 21
News Carly Fiorina continues painting Hillary Clinto... 1 hr Responsibility 16
News Chaffetz asks Obama to fire IRS chief Koskinen ... 2 hr Ross 2
More from around the web