Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third ...

Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

There are 29314 comments on the National Ledger story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?. In it, National Ledger reports that:

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Ledger.

EASY MONEY

Thailand

#29471 Dec 12, 2012
UidiotRACEMAkeWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>tHEN WHY 98 PERCENT OF haTIAN PEOPLE STILL LIVE ON OR BELOW POVERTY LEVEL? AND US CENTURY OF mILITARY INVASIONS HAD NOT EVEN TAKEN 98% OF HATIAN PEOPLE OUT OF POVERTY AND INFRASTRUCTURE IS IN STONE AGE.
Now your beating the drums for those worthless Haitians, I guess next you'll be bitching, like Pelosi that we need to think about Kwanzaa. You really are a candidate for the funny farm.
UIDIOTRCEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#29472 Dec 14, 2012
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Now your beating the drums for those worthless Haitians, I guess next you'll be bitching, like Pelosi that we need to think about Kwanzaa. You really are a candidate for the funny farm.
You our obnoxious evil Us war monger of plundering war supporters/investors and oil/war-for-profiteers, Warring Neocons, neo-malth... are ruining our world food chains and fungible water, Ruining our Ecosystem and killing people around the globe and ruining US civil liberties, incite growth of enemies worldwide, ruining US dollar... Wake up war mongering pinhead of grunt sh!t-of-human pee brain. And, your generation and after will be cursed for what you doing to world people and Americans , you know no shame, you lowest of low scums on plane of humanity . Wake up grunting Pinhead . not [pelosi fan and not [pagan holiday supporters! you grunting peebrain and billr biggest hiney melon BQHHAHAHHAHAHAAAAa
UIDIOTRCEMAKEWOR LDPEACE

United States

#29473 Dec 14, 2012
UidiotRACEMAkeWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>cOME , USE YOU LITTLE LEFT LOBE, NOT JUST ONE SENATOR but others, those good one in power are not sold out to greed and money are coming out of the woodwork in telling Americans there is something wrong with our US govt .
Paul Craig Roberts [Assistant Secretary of the Treasury under Ronald Reagan (Served one term only , left because of US corruption) and former editor of the Wall Street Journal]
Americans no longer have a government that is for the people and by the people. They have a government for and by special interests and an insane ideology.
ADD! Also left Wall street jpurnal because of Corporatism/Govt controlled news and deemed undemocratic...
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#29474 Dec 14, 2012
UIDIOTRCEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>You our obnoxious evil Us war monger of plundering war supporters/investors and oil/war-for-profiteers, Warring Neocons, neo-malth... are ruining our world food chains and fungible water, Ruining our Ecosystem and killing people around the globe and ruining US civil liberties, incite growth of enemies worldwide, ruining US dollar... Wake up war mongering pinhead of grunt sh!t-of-human pee brain. And, your generation and after will be cursed for what you doing to world people and Americans , you know no shame, you lowest of low scums on plane of humanity . Wake up grunting Pinhead . not [pelosi fan and not [pagan holiday supporters! you grunting peebrain and billr biggest hiney melon BQHHAHAHHAHAHAAAAa
I don't care two figs about the people of the world as you call them. All of those enemies your so concerned about couldn't lick a postage stamp. The less that like us the better, all they do is suck up good air, stand around with their hands out and contribute nothing, much the same as you. OH one more thing, it is this administration that is ruining the dollar, not the piss ant countries in this world. What America really needs, is a real all out war, I mean a 100% all out war, with a full draft and I don't care where it is or who it's with.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29476 Dec 15, 2012
It's really a shame what happened in Connecticut yesterday. People talk about having tighter gun control, but what laws would have prevented that massacre? What can we do as a society?
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#29477 Dec 16, 2012
Steve wrote:
It's really a shame what happened in Connecticut yesterday. People talk about having tighter gun control, but what laws would have prevented that massacre? What can we do as a society?
Steve, guns ... even automatic and assault weapons ...
have always been a part of American culture, but we
have never seen the carnage on this scale until the
advent of video games and the "I'll make a more
grisly and violent movie" folks of Hollywood. We are
now into the second generation of children and young
adults who have been totally desensitized to the taking
of human life ... even the celebration of it. And
the MSM, consisting of liberals and progressives who
hide behind freedom of expression, will continue to
take money from video game and movie producers and
promote their products even while using the Newtown
massacre and the Clackamas mall shooting as evidence
of the need for gun control. Interesting, isn't it,
that the gun manufacturers and sellers don't use the
MSM, so the MSM has no stake in them. Same old story
.... follow the money.
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#29478 Dec 16, 2012
Continuing ..... as for me, I have chosen to remove
myself from the discussion during the remainder of
this Christmas season and wish each one of you
some respite from the unrelenting anger that has
become a part of the political debate. Be well and
have a safe and pleasant season surrounded with
good friends and loving family.

With due respect to those who cannot embrace the
idea of a deity, I wish you all God's love and
peace as we approach the beginning of another year.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29479 Dec 20, 2012
Pat Robertson supports legalizing marijuana? Now I've heard everything!
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29480 Dec 20, 2012
Newt Gingrich says that the GOP must change on immigration and gay marriage. He's right, but I hope he can accept that he will never be president.
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#29481 Dec 23, 2012
Steve wrote:
Pat Robertson supports legalizing marijuana? Now I've heard everything!
Maybe Pat, being an elderly man and possibly suffering from
one malady or another, has found comfort in "medical marijuana"
and has experienced the benefits.:-)
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#29483 Dec 23, 2012
Steve wrote:
Newt Gingrich says that the GOP must change on immigration and gay marriage. He's right, but I hope he can accept that he will never be president.
I believe Newt is if nothing else being extremely realistic.
I would add abortion to the list of things the Republicans
need to reconsider and simply accept that America has
fundamentally changed over the past decade or more.

Why?

Well, in my case I have a couple of nearby farmers who are
lesbian couples and have been together for years. I see no
reason not to afford them the same rights and privileges as
my wife and I do.

As for immigration, I have dealt with the issue of "illegals"
in a variety of ways over the years and have concluded that,
apart from a house to house search for those who could, under
the law, be deported .... millions are here to stay. There is
no way Americans and/or "illegals" will tolerate something
approaching the canvas of German towns and villages by the
Nazis prior to World War II in their search to locate every
Jew. It is time to get over it and accept the fact that our
culture has been forever changed by the influx of millions of
Mexicans and other Spanish-speaking countries. I am not
arguing against solid control of our borders. I am simply a
realist who accepts the fact that we cannot undo what has been
done.

As for abortion, the taboo inflicted upon us by Roman Catholic
religious culture has been defeated. If nothing else, consider
the Hispanic vote for Obama knowing he is liberal on abortion
despite the position of the Republican Party. Fact: Other
things matter more to them. And the majority of Mexican-Americans
probably practice some form of birth control beyond the old
school nonsense issued from the Vatican.

Just my thoughts .......... have a wonderful
Christmas, Steve.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#29484 Dec 23, 2012
Random thought as I have been non attentive to this discussion, my apologies, but based on a thought spurred from Bill's question some 13 pages ago.....What if we somehow built in a scheduled reset? Every 200 years (arbitrary could be 100 or 300)all laws with the exception of those in the Constitution and its Amendments are expired. I'm for sun setting treaties as well in what would have to be a Constitutional Amendment.

In an unrelated note - I hope everyone has a Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29485 Dec 23, 2012
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Newt is if nothing else being extremely realistic.
I would add abortion to the list of things the Republicans
need to reconsider and simply accept that America has
fundamentally changed over the past decade or more.
Why?
Well, in my case I have a couple of nearby farmers who are
lesbian couples and have been together for years. I see no
reason not to afford them the same rights and privileges as
my wife and I do.
As for immigration, I have dealt with the issue of "illegals"
in a variety of ways over the years and have concluded that,
apart from a house to house search for those who could, under
the law, be deported .... millions are here to stay. There is
no way Americans and/or "illegals" will tolerate something
approaching the canvas of German towns and villages by the
Nazis prior to World War II in their search to locate every
Jew. It is time to get over it and accept the fact that our
culture has been forever changed by the influx of millions of
Mexicans and other Spanish-speaking countries. I am not
arguing against solid control of our borders. I am simply a
realist who accepts the fact that we cannot undo what has been
done.
As for abortion, the taboo inflicted upon us by Roman Catholic
religious culture has been defeated. If nothing else, consider
the Hispanic vote for Obama knowing he is liberal on abortion
despite the position of the Republican Party. Fact: Other
things matter more to them. And the majority of Mexican-Americans
probably practice some form of birth control beyond the old
school nonsense issued from the Vatican.
Just my thoughts .......... have a wonderful
Christmas, Steve.
I think that it's much harder for people to change their minds on the abortion issue, though. Have a merry Christmas yourself.
Ben

Germany

#29486 Dec 30, 2012
it is really big loss especially for usa and for the world too that usa have lost this big and last chance to have normal and first really good president just like Ron Paul would be.

Since: Aug 10

Main Street, USA

#29487 Dec 30, 2012
Yes it is Ben. I don't know what you heard in Germany, but the Republican Party had to completely corrupt itself to prevent his nomination in Tampa. Republican loyalists were violent, they resorted to false arrests and they repeatedly corrupted their own primary process to stop him.
It is only because Ron Paul is such a civil man that it didn't turn into something very much more hostile. The Republican is pretty much dead and gone now and we are left with a one party system of like minded people who all want big and authoritarian government.
The liberty movement lives on though. We are not the majority, but the best news is that a lot of our youth got the message.
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#29488 Dec 30, 2012
taxpayerUSA wrote:
Yes it is Ben. I don't know what you heard in Germany, but the Republican Party had to completely corrupt itself to prevent his nomination in Tampa. Republican loyalists were violent, they resorted to false arrests and they repeatedly corrupted their own primary process to stop him.
It is only because Ron Paul is such a civil man that it didn't turn into something very much more hostile. The Republican is pretty much dead and gone now and we are left with a one party system of like minded people who all want big and authoritarian government.
The liberty movement lives on though. We are not the majority, but the best news is that a lot of our youth got the message.
I have to respectfully disagree with you, regarding Ron Paul. How can you say that the nomination was stolen from him when the fact is that hardly anybody voted for Ron Paul in the primaries?
The Republican Party isn't dead; it just needs to change by moving to the center. If you want a libertarian president, then vote for the Libertarian Party because the GOP is never going to move in that direction.
uIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#29489 Dec 30, 2012
happy holiday all! BWHAHAahahahaaa
uIDIOTRACESMAKEW ORLDPEACE

United States

#29490 Dec 30, 2012
Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy

New documents prove what was once dismissed as paranoid fantasy: totally integrated corporate-state repression of dissent
by Naomi Wolf
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 29 December 2012 09.58 EST
Jump to comments (573)

Police used teargas to drive back protesters following an attempt by the Occupy supporters to shut down the city of Oakland. Photograph: Noah Berger/AP

It was more sophisticated than we had imagined: new documents show that the violent crackdown on Occupy last fall – so mystifying at the time – was not just coordinated at the level of the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and local police. The crackdown, which involved, as you may recall, violent arrests, group disruption, canister missiles to the skulls of protesters, people held in handcuffs so tight they were injured, people held in bondage till they were forced to wet or soil themselves –was coordinated with the big banks themselves.

The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, in a groundbreaking scoop that should once more shame major US media outlets (why are nonprofits now some of the only entities in America left breaking major civil liberties news?), filed this request. The document – reproduced here in an easily searchable format – shows a terrifying network of coordinated DHS, FBI, police, regional fusion center, and private-sector activity so completely merged into one another that the monstrous whole is, in fact, one entity: in some cases, bearing a single name, the Domestic Security Alliance Council. And it reveals this merged entity to have one centrally planned, locally executed mission. The documents, in short, show the cops and DHS working for and with banks to target, arrest, and politically disable peaceful American citizens.

The documents, released after long delay in the week between Christmas and New Year, show a nationwide meta-plot unfolding in city after city in an Orwellian world: six American universities are sites where campus police funneled information about students involved with OWS to the FBI, with the administrations' knowledge (p51); banks sat down with FBI officials to pool information about OWS protesters harvested by private security; plans to crush Occupy events, planned for a month down the road, were made by the FBI – and offered to the representatives of the same organizations that the protests would target; and even threats of the assassination of OWS leaders by sniper fire – by whom? Where?– now remain redacted and undisclosed to those American citizens in danger, contrary to standard FBI practice to inform the person concerned when there is a threat against a political leader (p61).
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#29492 Dec 30, 2012
uIDIOTRACESMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy
New documents prove what was once dismissed as paranoid fantasy: totally integrated corporate-state repression of dissent
by Naomi Wolf
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 29 December 2012 09.58 EST
Jump to comments (573)
Police used teargas to drive back protesters following an attempt by the Occupy supporters to shut down the city of Oakland. Photograph: Noah Berger/AP
It was more sophisticated than we had imagined: new documents show that the violent crackdown on Occupy last fall – so mystifying at the time – was not just coordinated at the level of the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and local police. The crackdown, which involved, as you may recall, violent arrests, group disruption, canister missiles to the skulls of protesters, people held in handcuffs so tight they were injured, people held in bondage till they were forced to wet or soil themselves –was coordinated with the big banks themselves.
The Partnership for Civil Justice Fund, in a groundbreaking scoop that should once more shame major US media outlets (why are nonprofits now some of the only entities in America left breaking major civil liberties news?), filed this request. The document – reproduced here in an easily searchable format – shows a terrifying network of coordinated DHS, FBI, police, regional fusion center, and private-sector activity so completely merged into one another that the monstrous whole is, in fact, one entity: in some cases, bearing a single name, the Domestic Security Alliance Council. And it reveals this merged entity to have one centrally planned, locally executed mission. The documents, in short, show the cops and DHS working for and with banks to target, arrest, and politically disable peaceful American citizens.
The documents, released after long delay in the week between Christmas and New Year, show a nationwide meta-plot unfolding in city after city in an Orwellian world: six American universities are sites where campus police funneled information about students involved with OWS to the FBI, with the administrations' knowledge (p51); banks sat down with FBI officials to pool information about OWS protesters harvested by private security; plans to crush Occupy events, planned for a month down the road, were made by the FBI – and offered to the representatives of the same organizations that the protests would target; and even threats of the assassination of OWS leaders by sniper fire – by whom? Where?– now remain redacted and undisclosed to those American citizens in danger, contrary to standard FBI practice to inform the person concerned when there is a threat against a political leader (p61).
Well now!!! Whats your point? I don't see any thing wrong with all of the above.
UiDIOTRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#29493 Dec 30, 2012
EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now!!! Whats your point? I don't see any thing wrong with all of the above.
But you do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,620,192
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Maverick 808 242,785
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr Into The Night 37,490
News John McCain memoir, a The Restless Wave,a comin... 8 hr CodeTalker 4
News Donald Trump blames Senate GOP for his stalled ... 19 hr Retribution 16
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she has "no doubt" sex... Fri Ronald 14
News Republicans blame Senate GOP for stalled Washin... Fri Chilli J 72
More from around the web