Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party?

Jan 12, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Ledger

Rep. Ron Paul's 1988 Libertarian Presidential campaign started with great promise: A former four-term Republican US Congressman running on the ticket of America's third largest party. via National Ledger

Comments
28,121 - 28,140 of 29,298 Comments Last updated Monday
uIdiotRacesMAkeW orldPeace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29127
Oct 4, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'll call you anal on the Romney remark, though I do
find it curious how often someone takes offense or such to
something Ron Paul has said only to have you come to his
defense by saying .... "that is not what he meant to say",
"he was misquoted," "he was misrepresented by the MSM,"
"his words were taken out of context," or "you misunderstand
why he said or did or voted as he did."
As for your taking offense to the idea of a father taking
his daughter deer hunting, I can only surmise you live closer
to Disney World than you and have actually come to swallow all
the insufferable drivel that that leftist environmentalist
studio has come to represent in that MSM you profess to hate.
If Ryan's daughter has a successful hunt and brings down a
deer she will have helped to keep the deer population in her
particular area or unit from overproducing and thus creating
problems for both the deer population and man. Beyond that
she will presumably bring tasty deer meat to the dinner table
and thus have some grasp as to what it means to not only take
the life of an animal, but make the connection between the
death of an animal and the function it serves in her world.
I doubt the same can be said of you when you buy beef, pork,
chicken, or fish at the supermarket.
Why is it shameful for a father to take his daughter deer
hunting while it is somehow normal and healthy for you to
bring your daughter to the supermarket and buy anything
literally slaughtered for your own personal enjoyment?
Spare us the Bambi-BS and the Winnie-the-Pooh crap, CNP.
It just makes you look effete and silly.
As for this house, CNP, we don't hunt ... though we have
several rifles and a handgun. The rifles are to bring down
predators or to put suffering creatures to a quick and
painless-as-possible demise/death. The handgun is to
protect my wife, myself, and my border collies when we are
horseback riding in heavily timbered property owned by
the state or U.S. because we must accept the reality of
cougar, bear, and wolf. Hope you don't mind me putting
my loved ones first .....
I am pleased that we eat grass-fed beef that has never been
near a feedlot (can you say that?). I have pork that is
as nice as you have NEVER tasted because it was farm raised
by folks who know how ...(ever eaten a pork chop without
needing a knife?). I have lamb because ... hate to say it,
but since we chose to bring them into this world we can
choose to take them out. Great eating, cooked right.
I don't hunt, but when a 15 pound wild turkey is crapping
on my porch at 7 AM, it ain't huntin'... its a bit of work
gettin' ready but it is damn fine eating and unlike that crap you
will have at Thanksgiving.
You get the idea, CNP .... you sounded just a bit prissy in
your predictable rant against Ryan or anyone other than
Jesus Christ Paul.
You not gonna sing female dear are you know?

Do tell why don't you erotically Admonish a ULTRA right Wing like Ryan but instead you attack feverishly on Ron? Sometime i worry about your unprincipled, unethical, immoral... enough. Did in I piss u off again? BWHAHHAHAHAAHAA

As to Turkey , Benjamin want a Turkey to be our Nation's emblem standing for ...? Do tell why benjamin

U lack morals as stand up for most unethical peons, do tell?

BWHHAHHAAHHAHA MWHAHAHHAHAHAAA

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29128
Oct 5, 2012
 
Sweden

"Costs are kept at a minimum for patients who utilize Sweden’s health care system. For example, a relatively small sum of money, about the equivalent of $250, covers a patient’s medications for an entire year — the government covers the rest. A cap on health care fees ensures patients can afford to battle long-term health problems without worrying about being financially crippled. The system has been effective, as Sweden’s life expectancy rate is the fifth best in the world (80.9) and infant mortality rate is the third best in the world (2.75)."
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29129
Oct 5, 2012
 
swedenforever wrote:
Sweden
"Costs are kept at a minimum for patients who utilize Sweden’s health care system. For example, a relatively small sum of money, about the equivalent of $250, covers a patient’s medications for an entire year — the government covers the rest. A cap on health care fees ensures patients can afford to battle long-term health problems without worrying about being financially crippled. The system has been effective, as Sweden’s life expectancy rate is the fifth best in the world (80.9) and infant mortality rate is the third best in the world (2.75)."
The one glaring fact you omited is just how much you pay in taxes, for the year. Also how expensive is your cost of living, IE food, logging, electric, transportation, booze, papers etc, etc. A simple Big Mac! Yep, it's wonderful living in a socialist state.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29131
Oct 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

EASY MONEY wrote:
I have mailed my early ballot, so all I am now waiting for is the bottom line in Nov. Romney did in fact start out in these debates just fine and to most polls he won it hands down, but it's not how you start but how you finish.
I have not heard a peep out of old man Paul, who if he could take his head out of his *** help my man along the right path to the WH. This tells me that he is really not interested in America but in himself.
It has been a long ride on this thread but like most good things sooner or later all good things end, too bad it was fun. We shall see what happens.
Paul is doing his best to help Romney by keeping quiet. Paul talking can never help Romney.

What is in America's best interest ?

The people have been given a choice, Romney or Obama. Some will say picking one of these is in our best interest. Others take the tact that standing in dissent is best.

Coke or Pepsi.........Some just want water.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29132
Oct 5, 2012
 
swedenforever wrote:
Sweden
"Costs are kept at a minimum for patients who utilize Sweden’s health care system. For example, a relatively small sum of money, about the equivalent of $250, covers a patient’s medications for an entire year — the government covers the rest. A cap on health care fees ensures patients can afford to battle long-term health problems without worrying about being financially crippled. The system has been effective, as Sweden’s life expectancy rate is the fifth best in the world (80.9) and infant mortality rate is the third best in the world (2.75)."
Covers.....in this quote it is said that a small fee covers.....as if it were insurance.
Exactly how does done one insure against the need for drugs ? Almost everybody either needs them now or will, so how does insurance work in that environment ?

Can you imagine the cost of homeowners insurance if the law required the cost of painting and cleaning gutters, the cost of auto insurance if gas and oil were covered ?

Insurance is risk aversion. It is impossible to have an aversion to a 100% risk.

The cost were covered.....by price fixing. When the cost is dictated by force it is not a price, it is a tax.
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29133
Oct 5, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lorax, when we get really, truly honest with ourselves the
simple truth of the matter is that every single one of these
guys .... Ron Paul being no exception whatsoever .... is
"well choreographed and scripted." Mitt Romney plays Mitt
Romney. Barack Obama plays Barack Obama. And Ron Paul, for
God's sake, plays Ron Paul.
In point of fact, one of the clarion calls of Ron Paul
supporters has been that he is firmly, unrelentingly
consistent in his answers and positions on virtually any
and every subject. That, in my opinion, is convincing
evidence of a man who has mastered the political art of
being well choreographed and scripted.
Yep, Paul is that. Ron Paul was a known commodity in DC going as far back as 1988. He has not surprised a campaign manager opposing him for decades, as Rummy would say Ron Paul is a known, known. Unlike Mitt Romney or Barak Obama who evolve, Paul does not.

What Paul has done that has surprised many is rally the electorate, for or against. Those he rallied for are desperately needed by those he rallied against, and Romney decided to call their bluff. So now the question is this - is Ron Paul bluffing ?

What was the Romney camp thinking when they snubbed Paul and his people ?

Would you rather win ugly or look good loosing ?
LocalBoy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29134
Oct 5, 2012
 
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
A piece of paper valued against other pieces of paper.
I collect gold and silver, in addition to other bartering items such as ammo, alcohol, food, water, fuel,...
4 things that make money -
Recognizable
Divisible
Portable
Store of Value

A dollar is - 371.2 grains of silver

The Federal Reserve note is not a dollar and makes lousy money.
Yet it appears to work........how ?
It works because of force, fear and faith.

The feds debt note is legal tender, the answer is to allow the "dollar" to circulate without restraint competing against legal tender debt notes. Take away the force and let fear and faith rule.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29135
Oct 5, 2012
 
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Paul is doing his best to help Romney by keeping quiet. Paul talking can never help Romney.
What is in America's best interest ?
The people have been given a choice, Romney or Obama. Some will say picking one of these is in our best interest. Others take the tact that standing in dissent is best.
Coke or Pepsi.........Some just want water.
You already know what I consider America's best intrest. I want the dollar to be a dollar not .60 Cents. That will never happen with bozo and his group of merry men and lesbians. There is no taste in water you have add a little Wild Turkey to make it drinkable.
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29136
Oct 6, 2012
 
uIdiotRacesMAkeWorldPeace wrote:
<quoted text>You not gonna sing female dear are you know?
Do tell why don't you erotically Admonish a ULTRA right Wing like Ryan but instead you attack feverishly on Ron? Sometime i worry about your unprincipled, unethical, immoral... enough. Did in I piss u off again? BWHAHHAHAHAAHAA
As to Turkey , Benjamin want a Turkey to be our Nation's emblem standing for ...? Do tell why benjamin
U lack morals as stand up for most unethical peons, do tell?
BWHHAHHAAHHAHA MWHAHAHHAHAHAAA
The political beliefs of anyone, whether Paul Ryan or
Ron Paul or any other politician, have nothing to do
with my support of those who choose to teach their
children how to hunt .... presuming the reason for the
hunt is putting food on the table.

I believe if you were to a little actual research into
the content and contributors of this forum you will
discover that you are almost alone in being one to toss
words like "unprincipled, unethical, and immoral" in
the direction of other posters. Such useless comments
say little about those whom you attack and with such
adolescent language but speak reams about your own
principles, ethics, and morals.

Franklin's idea about the turkey being named the national
bird was uncannily astute. I've got a couple hundred
wild turkeys living on our ranch and I can assure you
that they are among the most stupid creatures on the planet,
have miserable vision, and are virtually defenseless.
Need I say more on this?
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29137
Oct 6, 2012
 
LORAX wrote:
<quoted text>
Gary Johnson is on the ballot in at least 48 states and is trying to break the two party duopoly.
Lorax, with all due your respects, your suggestion that by being
on the ballot in 48 states Gary Johnson has even the most
remote chance in hell of breaking up the "duopoly" is utter
nonsense.
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29138
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

EASY MONEY wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't enough money in this world to have me live in the northeastern part of America. Filled with dead from the neck up liberal socialists and union hacks.
I agree with you in regard to the Northeast, but you need to
give some of the good folk in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire,
and upstate New York applause for retaining a modicum of
self-respect and self-reliance.

For my part I see little difference between the terminally
dependent and those who are always pointing their fingers
elsewhere, the latter presuming they have no responsibility
for the problem or, even more, benefit directly by the very
programs they despise by drinking their water downstream.
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29139
Oct 6, 2012
 
LORAX wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Romney or Obama is that they are not consistent or in many times constitutional. There are things that even I do not agree with about Paul, but he is a consistent and ethical thinker and applies that logic with the Constitution as his guide point. If that is playing Ron Paul then thank god someone is.
First off, in regard to the debates, I was surprised and pleased
to see Barack Obama taken to school by Romney. I hope you
noticed while viewing the split screen that Obama could not
raise his eyes and look directly at Romney.

Second, until you surrender the notion that Ron Paul's
utterances on the Constitution are the moral equivalent of
Moses bringing down the 10 Commandments form Mount Sinai
your cause will never gain sustained traction.

Third, I thought the moderator did an excellent job in the
debate by taking every good effort to remove HIMSELF from the
event. Leftists hate that. They relish the thought of a
Chris Matthews-type running the show.

Fourth, I would like to have someone pose a question like
this is: "Pick two or three issues you have studied over the
past decade and describe to us how your thoughts have
changed and matured." Presumably you would regard their
answers as evidence of weakness. I would regard their answers,
even if I disagreed with them, as admissions that their minds
and souls are still "in process."
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29140
Oct 6, 2012
 
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Paul is doing his best to help Romney by keeping quiet. Paul talking can never help Romney.
What is in America's best interest ?
The people have been given a choice, Romney or Obama. Some will say picking one of these is in our best interest. Others take the tact that standing in dissent is best.
Coke or Pepsi.........Some just want water.
Paul's comments are irrelevant now. Apart from the decision
of Paul supporters to swallow hard and vote for Romney, the
meaningless Gary Johnson, or not vote at all Paul's words
have no play in all of this. Dissent is self-castration.
Bill R

Chehalis, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29141
Oct 6, 2012
 
LocalBoy wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Paul is that. Ron Paul was a known commodity in DC going as far back as 1988. He has not surprised a campaign manager opposing him for decades, as Rummy would say Ron Paul is a known, known. Unlike Mitt Romney or Barak Obama who evolve, Paul does not.
What Paul has done that has surprised many is rally the electorate, for or against. Those he rallied for are desperately needed by those he rallied against, and Romney decided to call their bluff. So now the question is this - is Ron Paul bluffing ?
What was the Romney camp thinking when they snubbed Paul and his people ?
Would you rather win ugly or look good loosing ?
Truthfully, my opinion is that after having seen Romney
clean Obama's clock on domestic issues and fully expecting
Paul Ryan to make Biden look ineffectual and foolish, the
Paul camp will be surprised how many defect and while
mouthing all the words and wisdom of Paul, will go to
Romney.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29142
Oct 6, 2012
 
swedenforever wrote:
Sweden
"Costs are kept at a minimum for patients who utilize Sweden’s health care system. For example, a relatively small sum of money, about the equivalent of $250, covers a patient’s medications for an entire year — the government covers the rest. A cap on health care fees ensures patients can afford to battle long-term health problems without worrying about being financially crippled. The system has been effective, as Sweden’s life expectancy rate is the fifth best in the world (80.9) and infant mortality rate is the third best in the world (2.75)."
And the population of Sweeden is ??? compared to over 310 million.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29143
Oct 6, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lorax, with all due your respects, your suggestion that by being
on the ballot in 48 states Gary Johnson has even the most
remote chance in hell of breaking up the "duopoly" is utter
nonsense.
You know what Bill - I grow very tired of your paternal arrogance. Johnson will likely not win but it is not impossible. Since Paul did not win the rigged popularity contest - the next closest to my principles is Johnson. At least I match my beliefs to my candidate that I chose based on my own criteria. The sheople including yourself sacrifice your declared principles and follow mediocrity because an elite unelected cabal controls our system and you choose to allow it to continue to happen....That sir is utter non-sense and ultimately the most unpatriotic thing anyone can do.....with all do respect when you start thinking critically (ethically) you may suggest to me what non sense is and what it is not. Until then continue your contradictory logic and I will point out respectfully when you contradict your supposed stated principles.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29144
Oct 6, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, in regard to the debates, I was surprised and pleased
to see Barack Obama taken to school by Romney. I hope you
noticed while viewing the split screen that Obama could not
raise his eyes and look directly at Romney.
Second, until you surrender the notion that Ron Paul's
utterances on the Constitution are the moral equivalent of
Moses bringing down the 10 Commandments form Mount Sinai
your cause will never gain sustained traction.
Third, I thought the moderator did an excellent job in the
debate by taking every good effort to remove HIMSELF from the
event. Leftists hate that. They relish the thought of a
Chris Matthews-type running the show.
Fourth, I would like to have someone pose a question like
this is: "Pick two or three issues you have studied over the
past decade and describe to us how your thoughts have
changed and matured." Presumably you would regard their
answers as evidence of weakness. I would regard their answers,
even if I disagreed with them, as admissions that their minds
and souls are still "in process."
How this post related to mine other than another attempt to slam Paul and/or belief in following the Constitution I do not know. But since you brought it up - Everyone applauding Romney for prepping better for a scripted event is laughable. Sure he did great compared to Obama doing horribly. I agree the moderator did a better job than most in the last 20 years. He allowed it to go off script. Romney took advantage of that to a degree. We should have to moderation other than keeping equal time and let the debate go on for days if necessary. As to the questions I have pages and pages that should have been asked and were not. Your problem is presumption, when you stop doing that and start listening you will grow and mature. Quit presuming anything about me in particular it is very annoying.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29145
Oct 6, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's comments are irrelevant now. Apart from the decision
of Paul supporters to swallow hard and vote for Romney, the
meaningless Gary Johnson, or not vote at all Paul's words
have no play in all of this. Dissent is self-castration.
Why because if the dissent fails they will go away?? You have not been paying attention at all the last 8 years.

“UNLESS !!!!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29146
Oct 6, 2012
 
Bill R wrote:
<quoted text>
Truthfully, my opinion is that after having seen Romney
clean Obama's clock on domestic issues and fully expecting
Paul Ryan to make Biden look ineffectual and foolish, the
Paul camp will be surprised how many defect and while
mouthing all the words and wisdom of Paul, will go to
Romney.
You just gave me motivation to go recruit 10 more Johnson supporters. I have two days before registration deadline. I can do that in my sleep - so thank you. What you fail to realize is that its not about Paul who has passed the torch - not to his son - but to Johnson. And its not about Johnson - its about Liberty.
EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29147
Oct 6, 2012
 
LORAX wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Bill - I grow very tired of your paternal arrogance. Johnson will likely not win but it is not impossible. Since Paul did not win the rigged popularity contest - the next closest to my principles is Johnson. At least I match my beliefs to my candidate that I chose based on my own criteria. The sheople including yourself sacrifice your declared principles and follow mediocrity because an elite unelected cabal controls our system and you choose to allow it to continue to happen....That sir is utter non-sense and ultimately the most unpatriotic thing anyone can do.....with all do respect when you start thinking critically (ethically) you may suggest to me what non sense is and what it is not. Until then continue your contradictory logic and I will point out respectfully when you contradict your supposed stated principles.
Hey, This is not a class room filled with dead head high school students. Get the hell off the elites are running this or the cabal is running that, is plain bullshit! You have every right to believe that your man is the right man for the job that you want to see, but do not for one second attempt to tell me that I am unpatriotic doing what I choose to do. And for that matter tell me or any one else what is right, remember only you think it's right. In my opinion Johnson is another fool, just as Paul was and is, both only interested in what they can do for themselves. You may not think so, but I damn sure do. I, to repeat myself, remember you can't eat principles, you can only live with them. And it might not be for too long, you have to get with the program to survive. Paul and Johnson, do not give me a feeling of survival.
F**k, I give you more credit than some of your posts lately. No shit!!!!
I may not be the smartest bastard around, but I only want what is best for America and in my opinion obama is not the answer, so the only alternative is Romney and neither is Paul or Johnson capable of removing obama. If I want to live in France I'll move there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent 2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min brad 150,984
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min THE DEVIL 1,098,988
Guilty Plea: Iowa State Senator Paid for Ron Pa... 6 min Monty Anaconda 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 177,249
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 38 min xxxrayted 9,753
Gov. Jerry Brown calls for mention of 'signific... 1 hr Drilling for the ... 3
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 1 hr litesong 32,416

Search the 2012 Presidential Election Forum:
•••