What influences how you vote for President?

Created by Topix Pollster on Jan 7, 2008

8,007 votes

Click on an option to vote

political ads

newspaper articles

television reports

radio programs

a candidate's looks/appearance

the way a candidate speaks

ouji board

town hall meetings/events

televised debates

candidate web sites

RetiredArmyNCO

Skokie, IL

#376 Oct 9, 2008
Mark Terry wrote:
[Reading this only disappoints me with the intelligence of some of my fellow Americans. Wouldn't you like your President to be SMART? Wouldn't you like your President to care about all people? Is the color of someones skin the only measurement you use to really determine whether you like someone or not. You use the words radical Muslim and Athiest parents. God will forgive you for your untruths but how can you after eight years of the Bush administration and John McCain who is a Bush clone even consider voting Republican. The have raped this great nation of all of its resources to satisfy the greed of their friends. Using lies and fear tactics just as you are doing. The war in Iraq based on lies. Almost 5000 dead and counting and costing 10 Billion a month. Wall street collaspes need 824 billion to revive yet AIG and their cohorts frequent a spa in California to the tune of 400K. Gas has been outrageous and the most you can say is Barack Obama, a family man, is a radical and does not respect his country is absolutely moronic. God Bless you and maybe you need to read the Constitution again if you really care about America.
You are doing the same that you are blaming others for doing.
Each of the issues you mention has the fingerprints of both Republicans and Democrats. To argue otherwise is deceitful.
Obama is no angel, neither is McCain. Name me just one member of the House or Senate that is honest, above board, no trace of corruption or special interests. If one exists, that is the one who should be elected to be President.
JustPassinThru

Lincoln, NE

#377 Oct 9, 2008
Do you not think a Congress controlled by Democrats is to blame for any of this? The President is limited in what he can accomplish if Congress is controlled totally by one party. McCain tried to get a remedy passed in 2005 to prevent the Wall Street debacle, but Obama, Barney Frank and other of their coharts stopped it, because they were getting kickbacks. Look at the records and see for yourself, if you want the truth. And I don't believe the "color of one's skin" has been mentioned except by you.
Yes, we ALL should read the candidates' records...the truth is there if you care to believe it! Read the candidate's books. Again, THE RECORD...READ THEIR RECORDS!!! Also look at EXPERIENCE! Years of service. Does this count for anything?
lynn

AOL

#378 Oct 10, 2008
Brittle Fingers wrote:
Thanks for posting, Glenn....good stuff. Barack Hussein OSAMA has no business running for President in this country.
I will not vote for someone who can not respect or Kountry or our FLAG if they can not salute our FLAG or wear our pin they don"t need to be in there. WE WANT A HERO NOT A ZERO in other words GO McCain
John S

Atlanta, GA

#379 Oct 10, 2008
Mark Terry wrote:
[Reading this only disappoints me with the intelligence of some of my fellow Americans. Wouldn't you like your President to be SMART? Wouldn't you like your President to care about all people? Is the color of someones skin the only measurement you use to really determine whether you like someone or not. You use the words radical Muslim and Athiest parents. God will forgive you for your untruths but how can you after eight years of the Bush administration and John McCain who is a Bush clone even consider voting Republican. The have raped this great nation of all of its resources to satisfy the greed of their friends. Using lies and fear tactics just as you are doing. The war in Iraq based on lies. Almost 5000 dead and counting and costing 10 Billion a month. Wall street collaspes need 824 billion to revive yet AIG and their cohorts frequent a spa in California to the tune of 400K. Gas has been outrageous and the most you can say is Barack Obama, a family man, is a radical and does not respect his country is absolutely moronic. God Bless you and maybe you need to read the Constitution again if you really care about America.
You Democrats seem to keep forgetting or are ignoring the fact you have been in charge of the House and Senate for the last few years. All the bills and laws, crime and corruption were put into effect by your guys. Obama will just become Polesi and company's little black dancing puppet.Your right in your assetment of McCain Icant see him and his crew doing any better.
WE ARE SCREWED!
K Martin

New Tazewell, TN

#380 Oct 10, 2008
All I can say is, GO SARAH!
Gaser

United States

#381 Oct 11, 2008
We know who the idiots are that answered Radio. The same idiots that brought you the W.
JustPassinThru

Lincoln, NE

#382 Oct 11, 2008
comeagain wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, she is being investigated for abuse of her powers as governer. In said investigation, not only does she refuse to cooperate, she ordered her staff not to cooperate.
She refused to put polar bears on the endangered species list for her own selfish intention. If polar bears become an endangered species in Alaska it will put a stop to her precious pipeline.
I am an avid hunter, but I really don't think chasing animals to exhaustion and then shooting them from a helicopter is hunting, or even remotely a sport.
When her "Bridge to Nowhere" was dead in the water she decided she was against the idea, but decided to keep the money anyway.
To top things off, she is as dumb as a box of hammers. Didn't you watch her interview with Katie Curic, holy crap even I almost felt sorry for her(I said almost!!).
I have more, but really don't want to waste anymore time on her.
Who is Katie Curic? Anyone important I should know?
Gaser

United States

#383 Oct 11, 2008
JustPassinThru wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Katie Curic? Anyone important I should know?
Dam , When did Alabama get the internet?
JustPassinThru

Lincoln, NE

#384 Oct 13, 2008
Gaser wrote:
<quoted text>
Dam , When did Alabama get the internet?
About the same time Houston did...
Fort Bend Voter

Houston, TX

#385 Oct 25, 2008
The best voting location finder for Fort Bend County is at http://fortbenddemocrats.org/poll-map and for Early Voting: http://fortbenddemocrats.org/early-voting-loc... . These pages have comprehensive lists of all FBC polling locations, Google Maps with driving directions and even Sample Ballots. The county website, on the other hand, still relies on archaic PDF files for polling location information.

“' I'm not my brothers keeper'”

Since: Jun 08

'Born Free---Taxed To Death'

#386 Oct 25, 2008
Barack Hussein Obama is a piece of Black Muslim Trash!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.dontvoteobama.net/
globbo

Aarhus, Denmark

#387 Oct 30, 2008
well - itīs simply not true that Barack Obama wasnīt sworn in by taking the oath on a Bible.The ceremony was administred by vice president Dick Cheney presiding as president of the senate on january 4th 2005.Since this is such a huge and deliberate LIE,we can only assume that the rest of your post is just as inaccurate and untrue.
JustPassinThru

Lincoln, NE

#388 Oct 30, 2008
Enough of terrorist "acquaintances" and associates! Protect America. Vote McCain-Palin 08!!!

“' I'm not my brothers keeper'”

Since: Jun 08

'Born Free---Taxed To Death'

#389 Oct 31, 2008
All You Need To Know About 'Lil Black Sambo'
http://www.dontvoteobama.net/
http://theobamafile.com/obamaislam.htm

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#390 Nov 1, 2008
I determine who I will vote for based solely on the candidates record on the issues. No one who rates less than a "B" by GOA's rating will ever see my vote. I figure that any candidate who does not trust us with a gun can not be trusted with an elected office.
Phil Weaver

Lake City, FL

#391 Nov 4, 2008
GPM wrote:
I determine who I will vote for based solely on the candidates record on the issues. No one who rates less than a "B" by GOA's rating will ever see my vote. I figure that any candidate who does not trust us with a gun can not be trusted with an elected office.
Right on! Vote McCain/Palin...

:)
MetroGirl

Spring, TX

#392 Nov 6, 2008
Why is this in the AJ forum?

Since: Nov 08

Ruislip, UK

#393 Nov 7, 2008
Brittle Fingers wrote:
Thanks for posting, Glenn....good stuff. Barack Hussein OSAMA has no business running for President in this country.
He is the president of US now and american people have proved that they are not ready to believe in any shit stirring any more.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#394 Nov 9, 2008
We will see healthuk. He has until 01 Dec to product the original of his birth certificate. If he does not, the Supreme Court may well decertify him as a candidate. That will throw the US in to chaos. I hate Obama for putting my country in such peril. I hate him for being so self-centered as to have ignored the first order to produce it. His laughable efforts at posting that bad forgery on his site makes me think he has something to hide.

Since: Nov 08

Hudson Falls, NY

#395 Nov 21, 2008
err uhm, where's the "stance on the issues" option??

or the none of the above option.

Or the Oprah option ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Scrutiny 187,707
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DEATH 1,223,381
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min woodtick57 180,111
News John Kasich: WH run 'looks pretty good' 1 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Poll: Job approval for Congress at record low (Aug '11) 14 hr swedenforever 28
News Carter gets cold shoulder in Israel 18 hr Jeff Brightone 1
News Portman faces balancing act on trade as he seek... 19 hr goonsquad 3
More from around the web