What influences how you vote for Pres...

What influences how you vote for President?

Created by Topix Pollster on Jan 7, 2008

8,007 votes

Click on an option to vote

political ads

newspaper articles

television reports

radio programs

a candidate's looks/appearance

the way a candidate speaks

ouji board

town hall meetings/events

televised debates

candidate web sites

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
regina k

West Hartford, CT

#1 Jan 7, 2008
I have a hznki for Hillary
Midwest Observer

AOL

#2 Jan 7, 2008
Hovah Freeman

Fair Oaks, CA

#3 Jan 8, 2008
I would hope that some cyclists would pick their candidate based upon the positions they take on the critical issues. Whoever wrote this poll is far too interested in superficialities, much too little interested in the issues.

Since: Jan 08

Snohomish

#4 Jan 8, 2008
I would HOPE people choose candidates based on the issues. That's why I'm voting Ron Paul for president. ;3

This poll is so slanted.

Ron Paul '08

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#6 Jan 9, 2008
Hovah Freeman wrote:
I would hope that some cyclists would pick their candidate based upon the positions they take on the critical issues. Whoever wrote this poll is far too interested in superficialities, much too little interested in the issues.
Exactly! Good post.....I agree.

Since: Dec 06

Warrenville, IL

#7 Jan 9, 2008
This is very interesting - please take a few moments and read it.

Who is Barack Obama?

Someth ing that should be considered when you make your choice.

If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all
your contacts...it is very scary to think of what could lie ahead for us
here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

We checked this out on " snopes.com





Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, &nbs p;Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical.
Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
background . ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME!!!

Judged:

12

11

8

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#8 Jan 9, 2008
Thanks for posting, Glenn....good stuff. Barack Hussein OSAMA has no business running for President in this country.

Since: Jul 07

Miami, Florida

#9 Jan 9, 2008
Voting record.(source: congress.org )
Will Rogers

Solon, OH

#10 Jan 10, 2008
None of the above. It's unfortunate you hit the main voting points in all of your choices.

I'll vote for whomever can get term limits passed for ALL politicians. 2 terms in any seat, in a lifetime, and you're out! That would do more to clean up politics than anything else.
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#11 Jan 10, 2008
Glenn Dalton wrote:
This is very interesting - please take a few moments and read it.
Who is Barack Obama?
Someth ing that should be considered when you make your choice.
If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all
your contacts...it is very scary to think of what could lie ahead for us
here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.
We checked this out on " snopes.com
Who is Barack Obama?
Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, &nbs p;Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from Wichita, Kansas.
Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.
Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."
Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical.
Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.
Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.
Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
background . ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.
Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.
The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!
Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME!!!
Oh good Lord, the way the country is being run, I don't feel like reciting the Pledge of Allegience anymore.Let's see, we've been called unpatriotic, not believing in supporting troops if we don't like the war. The economy is in the tank.
Truth

Redlands, CA

#12 Jan 10, 2008
The issues.
Truth

Redlands, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2008
Will Rogers wrote:
None of the above. It's unfortunate you hit the main voting points in all of your choices.
I'll vote for whomever can get term limits passed for ALL politicians. 2 terms in any seat, in a lifetime, and you're out! That would do more to clean up politics than anything else.
That and the ability to fire otherwise protected government bureaucrats. We have to change the Washington infrastructure as well. It's business as usual as the country has started down the slippery sloop into eventual bankruptcy.
JFR-Clay

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Jan 10, 2008
What kind of a poll does not give an option for ISSUES
POSITIONS ON POLICY
This is typical of our voters today.
Anything but the real issues
asdf

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 10, 2008
Agent CSL wrote:
I would HOPE people choose candidates based on the issues. That's why I'm voting Ron Paul for president. ;3
This poll is so slanted.
Ron Paul '08
you wont be voting for Ron Paul.. he wont even come close to getting the nomination.
JFR-Clay

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 10, 2008
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
you wont be voting for Ron Paul.. he wont even come close to getting the nomination.
Man you are really scared of this guy. You go forum to forum all day long hating on the good doctor.
You must be a government employee.
Scared sheep
asdf

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 10, 2008
JFR-Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Man you are really scared of this guy. You go forum to forum all day long hating on the good doctor.
You must be a government employee.
Scared sheep
I actually think he has some pretty good ideas. Just stating the fact that the populace wont go for someone as out there as him. Unless he runs as an independent no one will have the chance to vote for him for president
JFR-Clay

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 10, 2008
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think he has some pretty good ideas. Just stating the fact that the populace wont go for someone as out there as him. Unless he runs as an independent no one will have the chance to vote for him for president
Thanks for your honesty.
In all fairness it will take a lot more than the good doctor can provide for us to get bak to our principles. His message is one of the constitution and freedom. It is apparent to all he is not a slick talking politician, so this election is a tough row to hoe. But freedom always come at a slow pace, brought by dedicated people willing to sacrifice for our childrens future. People call us names, trash our ideas, dismiss us as radicals who hate America, yet we keep hoeing along. Or as my God puts it, toiling.
I make no effort to sway your vote, ust keeppounding the issues I believe in.
Semper Fi ( always faithfull for those not in tune with our brothers in arms )
Myself

Henderson, NV

#19 Jan 10, 2008
asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
you wont be voting for Ron Paul.. he wont even come close to getting the nomination.
Apparently, you have never heard of writing in a candidate, if one's choice does not appear on the ballot. Silly.
Ray Rowland 74

Caldwell, TX

#20 Jan 10, 2008
Hovah Freeman wrote:
I would hope that some cyclists would pick their candidate based upon the positions they take on the critical issues. Whoever wrote this poll is far too interested in superficialities, much too little interested in the issues.
You are so right and not what the Fox net work says.
Ray Rowland 74

Caldwell, TX

#21 Jan 10, 2008
The issues are what is important and not what the FOX net work try to puss down our throts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min old_moose 1,581,348
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min old_moose 287,073
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 37 min old_moose 1,363
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,265
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr ImPeach 242,535
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 10 hr Just Think 8,942
News 'God has given Trump authority to take out Kim ... 19 hr Fit2Serve 230
More from around the web