African American Leaders Convened in ...

African American Leaders Convened in Washington

There are 37 comments on the The Afro American Newspaper story from Dec 6, 2012, titled African American Leaders Convened in Washington. In it, The Afro American Newspaper reports that:

President Obama's decisive victory in this year's presidential election signaled a shift in both demographics and attitude in America.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Afro American Newspaper.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Human Revolution

Loveland, OH

#21 Dec 11, 2012
big blk mama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still dancing around the question. OK, I'll ask, What EXACTLY is excessive? Give us your EXACT figure or example. Excessive is just a relative word, a "buzz" word to use whenever you can't be specific. Is a 32-ounce soft drink too excessive and stinking? What if one is really thirsty? You must be stinking rich because you live in America and even go to college. You must be stinking rich because you can afford to have a good diet and plenty to eat, while many in the world are starving. You must give your food to them, right?
Please, please, give us the specific dividing point between being a good person and being stinking filthy rich. Please don't give the vague, subjective concepts you hear from friends, but the specific, intelligent figures that really define your wisdom. Please, again, no subjective comments, but hard and fast answers to the question.
Fine, whatever. I guess you "win". I know what I want in terms of financial gain, and that's all that matters.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#22 Dec 11, 2012
chrissy wrote:
What a joke these so called "leaders" are. Black Americans become more poor, more uneducated, and more dependent on the government every year.
The leaders need to stop selling out the black community and start addressing the REAL problems, such as; crime, rampant child abuse/neglect, the teen pregnancy epidemic and the complete-breakdown of the black family unit.
Too many summits and meetings that get nothing done. Most black ppl. don't want to get their hands dirty when it comes to uplifting the masses.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#23 Dec 11, 2012
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>
I want money, but I don't want to work for it is the AA motto.
Thats a damn lie. Quit your job and see how many ppl. will apply for it.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#24 Dec 11, 2012
big blk mama wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still dancing around the question. OK, I'll ask, What EXACTLY is excessive? Give us your EXACT figure or example. Excessive is just a relative word, a "buzz" word to use whenever you can't be specific. Is a 32-ounce soft drink too excessive and stinking? What if one is really thirsty? You must be stinking rich because you live in America and even go to college. You must be stinking rich because you can afford to have a good diet and plenty to eat, while many in the world are starving. You must give your food to them, right?
Please, please, give us the specific dividing point between being a good person and being stinking filthy rich. Please don't give the vague, subjective concepts you hear from friends, but the specific, intelligent figures that really define your wisdom. Please, again, no subjective comments, but hard and fast answers to the question.
Theres no sure fire answer to your question. The problems will still be there regardless if you are rich or poor.
big blk mama

Houston, TX

#25 Dec 11, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres no sure fire answer to your question. The problems will still be there regardless if you are rich or poor.
You're correct, there is no answer because it's a strictly subjective premise. You all want to bash success, but yet be successful in some way yourselves. The people who are more successful than you, then you call them "stinking" and "filthy". Well you are "stinking" and "filthy" to someone who is lower in success than you are.

Isn't it time we considered the fact that there will always be those who are less successful and ther will always be those who are more successful, and set our own sights on our own path to success instead of criminalizing those who are more successful?

I will applaud those who have made a large financial success and will tell others to work toward the same end. All the occupiers will say, Dirty ole rich people! But they will turn around and spend their last dollar on some ridiculous rapper's cd or Hollywood dirty movie. The (American) world is upside down!
big blk mama

Houston, TX

#26 Dec 11, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> Fine, whatever. I guess you "win". I know what I want in terms of financial gain, and that's all that matters.
And you are the "human revolution???" What?? I think you pretty much represent the new generation. Lost and not-a-clue is what the name should be. Unbelieveable.

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#27 Dec 11, 2012
this is ray-siz!

lol seriously obama, jobs or BUST!!!
Human Revolution

Loveland, OH

#28 Dec 12, 2012
big blk mama wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are the "human revolution???" What?? I think you pretty much represent the new generation. Lost and not-a-clue is what the name should be. Unbelieveable.
Actually, my user name is based off the title of a video game, but interpret it any way you want.
big blk mama

Houston, TX

#29 Dec 12, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, my user name is based off the title of a video game, but interpret it any way you want.
Actually, it's very hard to interpret that from anyone who responds with, "my user name is based on ..."

We hope you are not the average college student.
Human Revolution

Loveland, OH

#30 Dec 12, 2012
big blk mama wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's very hard to interpret that from anyone who responds with, "my user name is based on ..."
We hope you are not the average college student.
I do happen to work and study very hard, if that is what you mean by "average college student".
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#31 Dec 13, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think I would have simple access to the Web if I was a "street person".
Two words: public libraries!
Human Revolution

Loveland, OH

#34 Dec 13, 2012
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: public libraries!
I knew someone would say that. But a lot of public institutions have some kind of dress and hygiene code.
oh yeah

Virginia Beach, VA

#35 Dec 13, 2012
Human Revolution wrote:
<quoted text> I knew someone would say that. But a lot of public institutions have some kind of dress and hygiene code.
Claiming to be a college student would explain any dress and hygiene issues, you should know that as well!
Human Revolution

Loveland, OH

#36 Dec 13, 2012
oh yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming to be a college student would explain any dress and hygiene issues, you should know that as well!
Claiming to be? I am a college student.
Human Revolution

Granville, OH

#38 Dec 14, 2012
Zew wrote:
<quoted text>
An OLD college student.
You are fooling no one but yourself.
I'm 19, dumb ass. Do you have a problem with what I'm saying?
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

#40 Dec 15, 2012
Zew wrote:
<quoted text>
No I dont.
That's cute how you changed that quote, prick. I bet you're some old guy with financial issues.
Human Revolution

Newark, OH

#42 Dec 20, 2012
Zew wrote:
<quoted text>
why DON'T I date some black men?
I don't know, DUDE. Why don't ya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Uncle Thomas Payne 1,655,734
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 8,765
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr Justice Dale 243,089
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 17 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 37,492
News Ron Paul on the Verge of Going Third Party? (Jan '08) Sat was auch immer 29,315
News Romney Has a Jobs Plan ... for China (Sep '12) Dec 7 Frank Gilley 29
News In slap at Romney, Trump says he wants Orrin Ha... Dec 6 Ecken 2
More from around the web