'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 280202 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#51755 Oct 6, 2012
Call Me Justin Case wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney says he is a Christian but this is not true!!!
The god of the Mormons is not the God of the Bible.
Lord's Prayer
See this page in the original 1992 publication.
Author: Bergin, Sue
Latter-day Saints regard the Lord's Prayer, which appears twice in the New Testament and once in the Book of Mormon (Matt. 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4; 3 Ne. 13:9-13), as a guide for all prayer, whether public or private. The three versions teach similar principles but are not identical. The Joseph Smith Translation (JST) of the Bible clarifies some phrases in the biblical texts.

Luke gives a version of the Lord's Prayer after Jesus was asked by his disciples to "teach us to pray" (Luke 11:1). In the sermons recounted in Matthew and in the Book of Mormon, Jesus introduces the prayer by first cautioning his listeners to avoid "vain repetitions" and to pray "after this manner," indicating that the prayer is meant as a pattern.

All versions of the Lord's Prayer open with the salutation "Our Father," which implies a close and abiding relationship between God and human beings, his spirit children, and sets the pattern of addressing prayers to God the Father.

The salutation is followed by the phrase "hallowed be thy name," which exemplifies respect and a worshipful attitude appropriate to the holy nature of prayer. Then, after expressing hope for the divine kingdom to come, the Savior submits his will to God's with the words "thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matt. 6:10), exemplifying another important component of prayer.

After setting a proper context for prayer, Christ makes his first request-for "daily bread." When regarded as a model for prayer, this phrase can be seen as supplication for both temporal necessities and spiritual food. Christ's second request, that God "forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors" (Matt. 6:12 and 3Ne. 13:11), appears in Luke as "forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us" (Luke 11:4). An important element in personal prayer is acknowledging and asking forgiveness for one's sins, but always in conjunction with forgiving the offenses of others (cf. D&C 64:10).

The texts then include a phrase that is perhaps the most difficult to understand in most common translations of the Lord's Prayer-"lead us not into temptation," which could be read to imply that God might influence toward evil unless implored to do otherwise. This problem is resolved in the JST, which reads, "And suffer us not to be led into temptation" (JST Matt. 6:14; cf. the Syriac translation; see also James 1:13). Christ's purpose appears to be to inspire mortals to ask daily for God's help as they try to resist evil and to live purely.

In closing the prayer, Christ again acknowledges God's power and glory and then ends with "Amen," as do all LDS prayers.(On the long ending of the Lord's Prayer, cf. Welch, 1990, pp. 157-60).

By praying with their personal heartfelt feelings "after this manner," rather than reciting the Lord's Prayer as a memorized piece, Latter-day Saints seek to find true communion with God the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ.[See also Sermon on the Mount.]
http://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Lord%27s_Prayer

Encyclopedia of Mormonism
Lord's Prayer

http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/compoundobje...
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51756 Oct 6, 2012
What did Jesus command? "Love God, and Love your Neighbor."
And then, the lawyer asked, "And who is my neighbor?"
You remember how Jesus responded to that question.
So, what Jesus has commanded us to do:
Did Jesus tell us to feed those who were already filled, and then let those full people turn around and feed the hungry? NO! Jesus told US to feed the hungry.
Did Jesus tell us to minister to people who were healthy, and then those healthy people could turn around and take care of the sick? No, Jesus told US to heal the sick.
Did Jesus tell us to make sure that the rich were always well-provided-for, because as long as the rich people were happy, the poor would always be okay? NO!
You don't think Republicans care for their fellow man???? So untrue!!! Have you seen the millions of dollars Romney has donated to charity?
Now, of the two political parties, neither one is particularly stellar, but there is one whose record is just a little bit better on that score.
Republicans take care of the rich which the Bible speaks against!
You do not believe Republicans care for their fellow man? I would think the many Republicans on this thread would disagree. Have you seen how many dollars Romney has given to charities? Have you seen the number of hours he has dedicated to his community and church with no compensation?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51757 Oct 6, 2012
What did Jesus command? "Love God, and Love your Neighbor."
And then, the lawyer asked, "And who is my neighbor?"
You remember how Jesus responded to that question.
So, what Jesus has commanded us to do:
Did Jesus tell us to feed those who were already filled, and then let those full people turn around and feed the hungry? NO! Jesus told US to feed the hungry.
Did Jesus tell us to minister to people who were healthy, and then those healthy people could turn around and take care of the sick? No, Jesus told US to heal the sick.
Did Jesus tell us to make sure that the rich were always well-provided-for, because as long as the rich people were happy, the poor would always be okay? NO!
Now, of the two political parties, neither one is particularly stellar, but there is one whose record is just a little bit better on that score.
Republicans take care of the rich which the Bible speaks against!
Read the "Book of Judges"
(could ALSO be called the book of "failure")

Since: Oct 11

Murray, KY

#51758 Oct 6, 2012
Hello people of the net!lol
Mines still slooow....like me.;)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#51759 Oct 6, 2012
Republican Hypocrisy......

Mitt Romney, a decidedly awkward aspect for him with respect to his large number of grandchildren is that, at least three of them were born to his son, Tagg, through the use of in vitro fertilization (IVF) and surrogacy. Furthermore,“Two of Tagg’s brothers reportedly have struggled with infertility issues and resorted to IVF as well.” But Romney is well-remembered, in pro-choice and religious right circles alike, for his answer of “absolutely” when Mike Huckabee, a favorite of the religious right, asked if he would support a constitutional amendment declaring that life begins at conception—an amendment which, if passed, would not only outlaw abortion and many forms of contraception, but would also criminalize IVF, the very procedure by which some of his grandchildren came into being.

The Ryans’ probable use of birth control and the Romney family’s use of IVF are only the latest examples of a long string of Republican candidates being caught in an understandable inability to live up to the absolutist demands of their party. Remember, in 1988, vice-presidential candidate Dan Quayle’s “gaffe”(which many considered his most human moment of the campaign) when he admitted to a reporter that “I’d support my daughter” if she chose to have an abortion? Or George H.W. Bush, in 1980, hurriedly agreeing to officially disown his support for abortion rights, so Ronald Reagan would find him an acceptable running mate?

The difference between these earlier incidents and now is that then the reproductive minefields were specifically about abortion. Now, not only has the ante been raised with respect to abortion—high profile Republican candidates are currently expected to disavow the traditional exceptions for rape and incest—but support for contraception and assisted reproduction can prove toxic to candidates as well.(Tagg Romney’s use of IVF did not go unnoticed in anti-choice circles). It remains to be seen how these extreme positions, let alone the Republican candidates’ difficulties in living up to them, will be a factor in November’s election.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51760 Oct 6, 2012
Republican Hypocrisy......
Mitt Romney, a decidedly awkward aspect for him with respect to his large number of grandchildren is that, at least three of them were born to his son, Tagg, through the use of in vitro fertilization (IVF) and surrogacy. Furthermore,“Two of Tagg’s brothers reportedly have struggled with infertility issues and resorted to IVF as well.” But Romney is well-remembered, in pro-choice and religious right circles alike, for his answer of “absolutely” when Mike Huckabee, a favorite of the religious right, asked if he would support a constitutional amendment declaring that life begins at conception—an amendment which, if passed, would not only outlaw abortion and many forms of contraception, but would also criminalize IVF, the very procedure by which some of his grandchildren came into being.
The Ryans’ probable use of birth control and the Romney family’s use of IVF are only the latest examples of a long string of Republican candidates being caught in an understandable inability to live up to the absolutist demands of their party. Remember, in 1988, vice-presidential candidate Dan Quayle’s “gaffe”(which many considered his most human moment of the campaign) when he admitted to a reporter that “I’d support my daughter” if she chose to have an abortion? Or George H.W. Bush, in 1980, hurriedly agreeing to officially disown his support for abortion rights, so Ronald Reagan would find him an acceptable running mate?
The difference between these earlier incidents and now is that then the reproductive minefields were specifically about abortion. Now, not only has the ante been raised with respect to abortion—high profile Republican candidates are currently expected to disavow the traditional exceptions for rape and incest—but support for contraception and assisted reproduction can prove toxic to candidates as well.(Tagg Romney’s use of IVF did not go unnoticed in anti-choice circles). It remains to be seen how these extreme positions, let alone the Republican candidates’ difficulties in living up to them, will be a factor in November’s election.
Oh my!!!!! You sure are digging deep Justin!!!!!!
Yes

Ashland, KY

#51761 Oct 6, 2012
Ajay wrote:
<quoted text>Romney hid out in France when he was supposed to be in Viet Nam....the wuss.
HI, wtf... still at it I see. You must have run out of those one liners someone wrote down for you.
wow

Union City, TN

#51762 Oct 6, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the "Book of Judges"
(could ALSO be called the book of "failure")
The pastor who introduced Texas Gov. Rick Perry at a conservative gathering said rival presidential candidate Mitt Romney is not a Christian and is in a cult because he is a Mormon.

Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Dallas, made similar remarks about Romney when he ran in the 2008 campaign. Event organizers at the Values Voters Summit selected Jeffress to introduce Perry, but the Perry campaign was consulted about the choice and approved Jeffress to introduce the Texas governor.

Jeffress endorsed Perry at the event and introduced him as "a proven leader, a true conservative, and a committed follower of Christ."
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51763 Oct 6, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
The pastor who introduced Texas Gov. Rick Perry at a conservative gathering said rival presidential candidate Mitt Romney is not a Christian and is in a cult because he is a Mormon.
Robert Jeffress, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Dallas, made similar remarks about Romney when he ran in the 2008 campaign. Event organizers at the Values Voters Summit selected Jeffress to introduce Perry, but the Perry campaign was consulted about the choice and approved Jeffress to introduce the Texas governor.
Jeffress endorsed Perry at the event and introduced him as "a proven leader, a true conservative, and a committed follower of Christ."
So????????
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51764 Oct 6, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
Hello TOFY. How are you on this beautiful Saturday?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51765 Oct 6, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless America - Mormon Tabernacle Choir

They "still" look and ACT better than a rabid bunch of muslims running around!

Don't they???????!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51766 Oct 6, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
Hi 'tofy'...
It will get better...
Soon...:)
wow

Union City, TN

#51767 Oct 6, 2012
American Lady wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever.
Amen †
Check this out to see if others think Mitt Romney is "not" a Christian like he claims!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44852981/ns/polit ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51769 Oct 6, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this out to see if others think Mitt Romney is "not" a Christian like he claims!!
Refer to Post # 51755 ... please
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51770 Oct 6, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
So??????????

The common thread through those writings is that Jesus is the only intermediary with God in salvation from spiritual death, which can be received only by confession of faith in God through the sacrifice of Jesus. In other words, evangelicals and other Protestants believe salvation is "faith-based."

Mormons believe that faith in God and the atonement of Jesus are part of salvation, but they also put significant emphasis on living a kind and productive life on Earth. In that sense, salvation in the LDS Church is said to be "works-based."

I certainly have no problem with Mormons placing "significan emphasis on living a kind and productive life on Earth or being works-based".

Murray, KY

#51771 Oct 6, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello TOFY. How are you on this beautiful Saturday?
I'm cool as a cucumber but twice as green...I'd like to eat some fat but all they'll give me is lean!:)
And you?

Murray, KY

#51772 Oct 6, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi 'tofy'...
It will get better...
Soon...:)
AL...it just did!lol:)
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51773 Oct 6, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm cool as a cucumber but twice as green...I'd like to eat some fat but all they'll give me is lean!:)
And you?
LOL!!! I am great! Hoping to enjoy this nice weather before it starts getting cold.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51774 Oct 6, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>AL...it just did!lol:)
Great !!!
I'm working on mine...
Deleting a bunch of stuff I no longer want...need...
Maybe that will help :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51775 Oct 6, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! I am great! Hoping to enjoy this nice weather before it starts getting cold.
My allergies 'act up' this time of year...
Therefore sinus problems...
Doesn't help that a "jealous" bf busted my face up either!

BUT it is a 'beautiful day'...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min welfarestate 1,567,328
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min NotSoDivineMsM 242,124
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 53 min Limpballs 96
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 1 hr Let Freedom Ring 607
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 3 hr Chicagoan by Birth 8,881
News In Ohio, a struggle for the soul of the Democra... 3 hr Denizen_Kate 5
News The Dishonorable Smear Of Chuck Hagel: A Warrio... (Jan '13) 9 hr C Kersey 6
More from around the web