'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51479 Oct 4, 2012
It turns out that the roots of the friendship may have been seeded long ago. Back in 2008, Percy Sutton, a leading African-American Civil Rights leader, claimed Obama had got his admission to Harvard through a man named Khalid al-Mansour, who supposedly worked for one of the wealthiest men on earth, Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulazziz. The story was 'proven false' by Politico, and given Mansour's own skeletons, it was a very good thing for Obama. Former Black Panther Mansour

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action...

Mansourian candidate
NOT
Manchurian ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#51480 Oct 4, 2012
Does 1979 newspaper column shed light on 2008 campaign story?

Well, if anyone would know, it would have been this lawyer — Donald Warden, who had helped defend OPEC in an antitrust suit that year and had developed significant ties with the Saudi royal family since becoming a Muslim and taking the name Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour.

Al-Mansour told Jarrett that he had presented the “proposed special aid program to OPEC Secretary-General Rene Ortiz” in September 1979, and that “the first indications of Arab help to American blacks may be announced in December.” Maybe so, but I looked high and wide in newspapers in 1979 and 1980 for any other stories about this aid package funded by OPEC and never found it verified.

http://www.dailyinterlake.com/opinion/columns...
Jay

Paris, TN

#51481 Oct 4, 2012
American Lady wrote:
It turns out that the roots of the friendship may have been seeded long ago. Back in 2008, Percy Sutton, a leading African-American Civil Rights leader, claimed Obama had got his admission to Harvard through a man named Khalid al-Mansour, who supposedly worked for one of the wealthiest men on earth, Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulazziz. The story was 'proven false' by Politico, and given Mansour's own skeletons, it was a very good thing for Obama. Former Black Panther Mansour
http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action...
Mansourian candidate
NOT
Manchurian ...

Like the article says, "there's a lot of things that make you go hmmmm." And these kinds of stories never seem to go away.

What do you think about the article, "Trinity Church members reveal Obama shocker?!"

This stuff never seems to end.

Just read the article on the...

"Down Low Club." WND. If this is not true then why would anybody risk themselves to make up such a tale? It don't make sense.

Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51482 Oct 4, 2012
Ajay wrote:
<quoted text>For stupid people (like you).
I am sure most of you know this by now, but wtf is now called Ajay.
I feel sure you figured it out by his pitiful one-liners!
apo

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#51483 Oct 4, 2012
because of where i live i had to watch CNN news or BBC news or CCTV<china news> and never heard both sides to any story,, FOX news does report both sides on the news, u choice what u want
FOX is best overall
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51484 Oct 4, 2012
TruthHere wrote:
As has been asked before. Name ONE , just one plan or idea any different from what Mitt wants to do and what Bush did. The middle class has been trickle on way too long by people like Mitt making $57,000.00 per day and paying 13% taxes while doing it. Hell no we don't want Bush country back!!
So you think what Obama is doing is working?????? Obama, by his own admission, has set a new normal where 8 percent or more unemployment is acceptable. He has set a new normal where trillion-dollar defects are acceptable. He has set a new normal where paying for groceries with food stamps is expected. Why does anyone still support this man? Even if you "care for the little people" at the expense of the rich, how does 8 percent unemployment help the working poor? How do tremendous federal deficits, which are going to ruin our economy, benefit the elderly when their Medicare and Social Security will not be there after we go over the fiscal cliff?

Obama and the Democratic Party are sending this country over a fiscal cliff. The continued support for this man and his policies will do more harm to the poor in the country than any perceived insults received from Republicans.

I just don't understand why Obama has the support he does. I'll see you at the bottom of the cliff, if we survive.

Since: Sep 10

Perris, CA

#51485 Oct 4, 2012
ILoveitHere wrote:
Whoa. Not so fast.
President Obama is a very smart and tactful politician. He knew what he was doing last night.. It was like Ali did to his opponents; "rope a dope". He got the Mittens to disclose his entire agenda so he could study it and diminish it properly.. Watch and learn from one of the best in the business of Politics. Round #2 on the way!
...has nothing to do, he got a real challange, no teleprompter, or has no real plan, but to destroy everything he touches?
Hey

Flatwoods, KY

#51486 Oct 4, 2012
Everyone is wondering why Obama didn't mention the 47% remark by Romney...

My opinion would be that it had something to do with the 2007 tape that was found..
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51487 Oct 4, 2012
I had wondered when a relative would step forward. I bet there will be more.

(Reuters)- The father of an American bodyguard injured in the deadly attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, said on Wednesday the State Department should own up to what he said were its mistakes and release more information about what occurred.

David Ubben, 31, suffered broken bones and other injuries in the September 11 attack that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans.

As David Ubben recuperates at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center outside Washington, his father, Rex Ubben, said he did not blame the State Department or Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for his son's injuries. But "I do find it troubling that they have not owned up to their shortcomings; in government, in the military, and in business, if something goes wrong, you admit it, correct it, and move on," Rex Ubben said.

"If you were in charge, it was your fault," he said in an email exchange with Reuters.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51488 Oct 4, 2012
And as voters prepare to decide whether to back Obama or his Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, many of the job market's vital signs are faint:

— More than 5 million people have been out of work for six months or more, up from 2.7 million when Obama took office. Before 2009, in records dating to 1948, the number of long-term unemployed had never reached 3 million. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has called long-term unemployment a "national crisis" that is causing millions to lose job skills.

— Pay for private-sector employees, when adjusted for inflation, has dropped 1.6 percent since Obama took office. In a weak job market, employers have little reason to offer significant raises.

— The percentage of Americans either working or looking for work fell to a 31-year low of 63.5 percent in August. That's partly because the vast generation of baby boomers has begun to retire. But another key factor is that hundreds of thousands of Americans have given up looking for work.

— More than 23 million Americans are either unemployed, stuck in part-time jobs because they can't find full-time work or want a job but have stopped looking. Romney used that figure to attack Obama's economic policies in Wednesday night's debate.

Few economists expect the job market to return to full health soon. The Federal Reserve, for instance, doesn't foresee unemployment falling below a normal level of roughly 6 percent before 2016.
what

Glasgow, KY

#51489 Oct 4, 2012
Well, we finally get to grade the Harvard graduate when he was left to stand or fall...on his own. No media to side with him. No Hollywood 1%er's throwing their star weight around to help Obama out, no teleprompters, no excuses and no blaming. We got a first hand look at what Obama is really made of...and all I can say is shame on America. Shame on you morons for falling for all of Obama's crybaby excuses for his many failures, shame on the media for aiding the democrats and Obama in misleading the public concerning Obama's greatness.

When left to his own devices...Obama proved he has no business being president now or ever!
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51490 Oct 4, 2012
If current voter registration trends continue, both the Republican and Democratic parties may have a serious numbers problem. A closer look at the data in these states also shows that Democrats appear to be losing registered voters the fastest.
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51491 Oct 4, 2012
what wrote:
Well, we finally get to grade the Harvard graduate when he was left to stand or fall...on his own. No media to side with him. No Hollywood 1%er's throwing their star weight around to help Obama out, no teleprompters, no excuses and no blaming. We got a first hand look at what Obama is really made of...and all I can say is shame on America. Shame on you morons for falling for all of Obama's crybaby excuses for his many failures, shame on the media for aiding the democrats and Obama in misleading the public concerning Obama's greatness.
When left to his own devices...Obama proved he has no business being president now or ever!
I totally agree!!!
Are You Kidding

Frankfort, KY

#51492 Oct 4, 2012
During their 90-minute debate on Tuesday night, President Barack Obama talked four minutes longer than Republican challenger Mitt Romney. But when the debate was over, it was what Obama didn't say that defined the evening - and helped make it a good one for Romney.

In a debate that largely was a mix of campaign talking points and tedious policy detail, the themes that Obama's campaign have emphasized to drive down Romney's approval ratings did not surface.

In wrapping up the debate, Obama again avoided the anti-Romney themes that have been hallmarks of his campaign.

Instead, Obama acknowledged there were areas in which he had fallen short as president.

"You know, four years ago, I said that I'm not a perfect man and I wouldn't be a perfect president," Obama said. "And that's probably a promise that Governor Romney thinks I've kept."
Jay

Paris, TN

#51493 Oct 4, 2012
LOL. Just couldn't help posting this!

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerrep...

Watch it!
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#51494 Oct 5, 2012
repubtards suck wrote:
<quoted text>go fu-k yourself asshole with a/l's lips you guys must be pissed off at Rummy he all of a sudden wants to "help middle class" and doesn't want to "lower taxes for wealtht" and doesn't want to" kill social security and medicare" and he all of a sudden "loves some parts of Obama care" just a drop in the bucket of the things he suddenly feelsf diferently about what he said last knight is not what you guys have been creaming your pants about I thought you liked his kill the middle class and poor policies I personally only have one problem with what Rummy said in the debate and that is every thing that he said all the times before the debates boy did he tone his bullshit down he must of faced reality that he wouldn't make it on what he really is going to do so he cut the commie shit (till he gets in wink wink !!!!!) but I remember everything he said no trust here i know the real Rummy baaaaaaaaaaaa sheep
Are you mad cause your hero lost the debate, or because you're stupid? I am middle class, not welfare drawing trash like you! Welfare scum are the only ones Obozo is out to help, and union workers geting 3 times what their jobs are worth, you know, HIS BASE! You are a lieing coward! The things you say he said were on Obozo's political add's, which is all you know or want to know,you and your kind's free ride is allmost over! Get used to the term President Romney!
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#51495 Oct 5, 2012
Nuts 4 Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>
You spent 10 years being a Mormon?
And what point do you make there, spent is past! I am not a Mormon now and have not been for 35 years, so yes I will at my pleasure have as many beer's and smokes as i desire!
TruthHere

Russellville, KY

#51496 Oct 5, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think what Obama is doing is working?????? Obama, by his own admission, has set a new normal where 8 percent or more unemployment is acceptable. He has set a new normal where trillion-dollar defects are acceptable. He has set a new normal where paying for groceries with food stamps is expected. Why does anyone still support this man? Even if you "care for the little people" at the expense of the rich, how does 8 percent unemployment help the working poor? How do tremendous federal deficits, which are going to ruin our economy, benefit the elderly when their Medicare and Social Security will not be there after we go over the fiscal cliff?
Obama and the Democratic Party are sending this country over a fiscal cliff. The continued support for this man and his policies will do more harm to the poor in the country than any perceived insults received from Republicans.
I just don't understand why Obama has the support he does. I'll see you at the bottom of the cliff, if we survive.
Yes. 700,000 jobs lost per month when Obama took office and now 30 straight months of job growth. That seems to the majority of Americans better than we were. You Repubs have memory lost BIG TIME!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#51497 Oct 5, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
I'll tell you the truth and I'm as much a Democrat as there is and a Obama supporter!
I think "HEY" will know exactly what I'm talking about.
I knew five minutes into the debate Obama was going to lose..How?
If you've ever been around horse's you can tell when a horse takes the bit or balks at the gate.
Romney was aggressive and prepared.Obama was passive and unprepared.Period!
Now we can argue substance all day and night but people watching last night WILL tell you Romney won!
That perspective will never change!
Believe me,it pains me "much" to say that!
tofy
Obama will be ready the next time. That is, if they allow him to bring his TelePrompter, that is.....

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#51498 Oct 5, 2012
Sorry for the double "that is." I was trying to reiterate my point...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 4 min Responsibility 41
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min USAsince1680 1,173,804
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 1 hr Responsibility 39
U.S. funding impasse blocks Secret Service hire... 1 hr Captain Yesterday 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 183,888
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 191
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 6 hr bittersweet 27,520
More from around the web