'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 243354 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39693 May 10, 2012
Spoko wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bet on it, our friends the GOPers have been hard at work to turn our Constitutional Republic into a Capitalist Republic where you’re either wealthy or lazy, everything is privately funded. Following legislation by the t-baggers, taxes would be outlawed with a new amendment to the Constitution. Good luck guys :-)
I refer you to what I told Frank, Aint it about bedtime in CA?
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39694 May 10, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~
Thank you.
Cornelius is pretty good with that IT stuff Jay. He has given me some good info in the past.
He Man

Cleveland, GA

#39695 May 10, 2012
American Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Now DB, she has gone to work, Ha Ha. On your post, I agree and somewhat disagree. Our response in WWII solved the problem as far as Japan. I belive we could have kept Russia in check with ICBM's untill it collapsed in on itself as it did. Some things we do and have done are justified, some other things, not so much! Proping up puppet Governments for corperate gain caused a good portion of the hatred pointed at America today. If you recall and I know you do, we were great friends with Suddam, furnished him arms and even fighter jet's, was he any nicer to his own people then? American Corperations have killed an untold number while opperating in nations where we "created friends" they didnt have to abide by any EPA guidelines since they did not exist! Was that OK? Then we created these trade agreements, I know Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, but we both know who signed the WTA with China and others. None of these agreements have helped this country, in fact they are about to destroy it! If Americans couldnt run to shit holes like Wal-Mart and buy this shit from China fo a "so called" bargin we may not have lost 85% of our factory jobs, that sustained a thriveing middle class. Untill America takes care of Americans first and foremost this Country is serewed, no matter who is at the helm! Just my opinion for what its worth.
Good Post A R..
frank

Oakland, CA

#39696 May 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Frank I pray every day for a 9.5 that will give Nevada a coastline! You could have an island where Nancy could be Queen!
Hey funny man no you wouldn’t, it’s CA that drives the US economy TN is doing fantastic ranking right at number 50 per capita would you like to borrow our Queen for a while :-)
Spoko

Oakland, CA

#39697 May 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Now DB, she has gone to work, Ha Ha. On your post, I agree and somewhat disagree. Our response in WWII solved the problem as far as Japan. I belive we could have kept Russia in check with ICBM's untill it collapsed in on itself as it did. Some things we do and have done are justified, some other things, not so much! Proping up puppet Governments for corperate gain caused a good portion of the hatred pointed at America today. If you recall and I know you do, we were great friends with Suddam, furnished him arms and even fighter jet's, was he any nicer to his own people then? American Corperations have killed an untold number while opperating in nations where we "created friends" they didnt have to abide by any EPA guidelines since they did not exist! Was that OK? Then we created these trade agreements, I know Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, but we both know who signed the WTA with China and others. None of these agreements have helped this country, in fact they are about to destroy it! If Americans couldnt run to shit holes like Wal-Mart and buy this shit from China fo a "so called" bargin we may not have lost 85% of our factory jobs, that sustained a thriveing middle class. Untill America takes care of Americans first and foremost this Country is serewed, no matter who is at the helm! Just my opinion for what its worth.
Hey buddy - common ground ...
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39698 May 10, 2012
He Man wrote:
<quoted text>Good Post A R..
Thank you my friend.

“"U.S. Constitution"”

Since: Mar 09

Tea-Party

#39699 May 10, 2012
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
Obama just announced that he is in favor of gay marriage.
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/...
I see President Obama has evolved into a colorful butterfly…..lol
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39700 May 10, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey funny man no you wouldn’t, it’s CA that drives the US economy TN is doing fantastic ranking right at number 50 per capita would you like to borrow our Queen for a while :-)
If Ca is doing so much, why are you allways in an economic mess of one sort or another or on the brink of financial ruin? and no the only thing I would find Nancy useful for is a scarecrow! I paid $184 this year in property taxes on 7 acre's, you?
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39701 May 10, 2012
Spoko wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy - common ground ...
Explain what you mean and I will respond!
frank

Oakland, CA

#39702 May 10, 2012
<quoted text>
If Ca is doing so much, why are you allways in an economic mess of one sort or another or on the brink of financial ruin? and no the only thing I would find Nancy useful for is a scarecrow! I paid $184 this year in property taxes on 7 acre's, you?
California is thriving in spite of its irresponsible Gov’t. Take solar power, the rightwingnuz’s favorite punching bag. Ten years ago, solar panels atop roofs were a rarity. Today, solar is taking hold in cities across the state, from coastal metropolises to agricultural and industrial hubs in the Central Valley. In the past two years alone, the solar industry has installed more than 5,000 kilowatts of solar power in a number of California cities. Yet California has just begun to tap into the vast potential of solar energy. Governments, utilities and the public have set a goal to continue working together toward a clean energy future.
He Man

Cleveland, GA

#39703 May 10, 2012
Really, What happened to Solyndra then????
He Man

Cleveland, GA

#39704 May 10, 2012
The only wave headed east from california seems to be from The San Francisco(Limp Wrists)..
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39705 May 10, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
California is thriving in spite of its irresponsible Gov’t. Take solar power, the rightwingnuz’s favorite punching bag. Ten years ago, solar panels atop roofs were a rarity. Today, solar is taking hold in cities across the state, from coastal metropolises to agricultural and industrial hubs in the Central Valley. In the past two years alone, the solar industry has installed more than 5,000 kilowatts of solar power in a number of California cities. Yet California has just begun to tap into the vast potential of solar energy. Governments, utilities and the public have set a goal to continue working together toward a clean energy future.
Hey Frank, All for Green Power!

Dont want to really see you slide off into the big blue water. Consider why Ca is into solar and wind? We have never had rolling blackouts here in TN, could be useful though! I called our local power co about both wind and solar, no help, no grants! 1 wind generator on line in this county! ONE! I have an absolute perfect senerio for solar and good for wind, no help from anyone! You know how much out-of-pocket that stuff is. Im with you on this. and yes I could use Nancy through the summer if you dont mind.
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39706 May 10, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
That first part about Irresponsible Govt, Is CA not run by Democrats? just sayin.
frank

Oakland, CA

#39707 May 10, 2012
He Man wrote:
Really, What happened to Solyndra then????
It was ‘one’ promising company out of many; it just so happens that wningnuz noise machinery can't get enough of it spreading disinformation as is the usual. Solyndra had an excellent product, because they refused to move to china it fell victim to much cheaper Chinese manufacturing and investors lost their arse - happens all time. Do your research man ... there are very similar problems with solar companies in Europe!
He Man

Cleveland, GA

#39708 May 10, 2012
A gay marriage political crisis, not ‘evolution’

Reality check: Obama manipulated gay voters, kept them at a distance and hoped they would settle for the occasional wink and a nod. But he has found himself in a campaign with dwindling enthusiasm and a narrowing electoral map; he needs this group's enthusiastic support and high turnout in November.

Even so, it took Vice President Biden's moment of honesty to force the president's hand. Obama did this because he needed to, not because he wanted to.
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39709 May 10, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
It was ‘one’ promising company out of many; it just so happens that wningnuz noise machinery can't get enough of it spreading disinformation as is the usual. Solyndra had an excellent product, because they refused to move to china it fell victim to much cheaper Chinese manufacturing and investors lost their arse - happens all time. Do your research man ... there are very similar problems with solar companies in Europe!
Bar the niose you speak of, and; tell me why a
promising U.S. company should have to move to China?
Rationality

Greenville, KY

#39710 May 10, 2012
to DBWriter and American Republican:

I enjoy the "what-ifs" of history and find it interesting that you both assume a Soviet victory over Nazi Germany.

I'd like to propose a counter-argument based on the assumption of a strictly isolationist United States. Under this scenario, the Lend-Lease program begun in 1941 would never have passed Congress. Neither would there have been a "Destroyers for Bases" agreement where the US traded 50 destroyers to the Royal Navy in exchange for basing rights in the Carribean--destroyers which were instrumental in winning the Battle of the Atlantic for Britain. These two acts alone would have forced Britian to sue for peace, likely over the protestations of Winston Churchill and others, who would likely have been forced from office in favor of a more conciliatory figure like Lord Halifax. With Britain out of the war, even after a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the US would have confined itself to a Pacific war, having no base from which to mount a European invasion.

With Germany now free to devote its entire military machine to the conquest of the Soviet Union, and with no help to the Russians forthcoming from the Americans, due to the absence of Lend-Lease, Nazi Germany might well have defeated the Soviets, or at the very least fought them to a bitter stalemate somewhere west of the Urals.

This, of course, isn't a particulary original idea of mine. There've been numerous popular and semi-scholarly works with the same or similar scenarios.

At any rate, I found both your posts interesting.
Jay

Springville, TN

#39711 May 10, 2012
Hey AR...what you said:

"Americans couldnt run to shit holes like Wal-Mart and buy this shit from China fo a "so called" bargin we may not have lost 85% of our factory jobs, that sustained a thriveing middle class. Untill America takes care of Americans first and foremost this Country is screwed, no matter who is at the helm! Just my opinion for what its worth."

AR, this is kind of what I was referring to in a reply to (I think it was CS.....heck it's way back there now). But I think we were talking about tax breaks for small businesses. What I was getting at which kind of threw him according to how he replied, was......."Hometown America." Where factories were buzzing, downtown had several hundred stores, and everybody local was either working downtown or shopping there.

Thinking back to my old hometown, there must have been over 100 stores; from shoe stores, to ladies clothing stores, music stores, drug stores (such as Rexall), men's clothing stores, Ben Franklin, furniture, dry goods, movie theatres, books, jewelry ......well, you get the point.

Today this same city that was buzzing with jobs has gone by the wayside, like so many. In place of these stores that once employed so many locals, there are now junk stores, second hand stores, banks, law offices, Mexican food places, Mexican junk stores with imported Mexican souvenirs and very few old time names exist.

In place of those many old name brand stores, are vacant lots with cement picnic tables or passages to other streets. The city torn down several to make way for some weird park with some ultra modern looking statue,(that makes no sense)- enclosing this with another sitting area. Whole streets were torn down that once had buildings that supplied the city - which today make room for parking lots to banks and other facilities. All factories are shut down and I believe what they use to manufacture has gone to China. Gone like you said, because of Malls and big box stores such as Wal-Mart with it's imported China junk. And still we go there don't we?

And like you, just my opinion for what it's worth.
American Republican

Jonesborough, TN

#39712 May 10, 2012
Rationality wrote:
to DBWriter and American Republican:
I enjoy the "what-ifs" of history and find it interesting that you both assume a Soviet victory over Nazi Germany.
I'd like to propose a counter-argument based on the assumption of a strictly isolationist United States. Under this scenario, the Lend-Lease program begun in 1941 would never have passed Congress. Neither would there have been a "Destroyers for Bases" agreement where the US traded 50 destroyers to the Royal Navy in exchange for basing rights in the Carribean--destroyers which were instrumental in winning the Battle of the Atlantic for Britain. These two acts alone would have forced Britian to sue for peace, likely over the protestations of Winston Churchill and others, who would likely have been forced from office in favor of a more conciliatory figure like Lord Halifax. With Britain out of the war, even after a Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the US would have confined itself to a Pacific war, having no base from which to mount a European invasion.
With Germany now free to devote its entire military machine to the conquest of the Soviet Union, and with no help to the Russians forthcoming from the Americans, due to the absence of Lend-Lease, Nazi Germany might well have defeated the Soviets, or at the very least fought them to a bitter stalemate somewhere west of the Urals.
This, of course, isn't a particulary original idea of mine. There've been numerous popular and semi-scholarly works with the same or similar scenarios.
At any rate, I found both your posts interesting.
Bravo! Very good post.

Not many people today could tell you about the Lend-Lease act! I see you know your hisrory, FDR wanted to enter WWII long befor Dec 7 1941 but Congress would not have it! Why, WWI war debt. The best FDR could get was the Lend-Lease act.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police in riot-hit Charlotte say shooting victi... 21 min Synque 429
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min FYVM 1,431,415
News Despite Dirty GOP Tricks, Libertarian Party of ... 2 hr Charm3950 4
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 2 hr Areola6750 162
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Dr Guru 225,422
News Spokesman: Trump now believes President Obama w... 4 hr Crush7537 157
News Poll shows Trump, Clinton tied in Florida 5 hr Boom2303 100
More from around the web