Bill Maher: McCain's the "Old Fogey o...

Bill Maher: McCain's the "Old Fogey of War"

There are 318 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Mar 23, 2008, titled Bill Maher: McCain's the "Old Fogey of War". In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

Friday on his Real Time show, Bill Maher discussed John McCain, the "old fogey of war." I have to admit, some of the statements McCain has been making of late, where he repetitively has made misstatements about Iran and Al Qaida, have reminded me of nothing less than the "errors" made prior to the Iraq invasion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

TruthBeKnown

Orlando, FL

#44 Mar 23, 2008
Don't be fooled... have you noticed how the anti-Obama crowd predominates on these threads?

Have you noticed how they mostly seem to blast Barack, without saying much positive about Hillary?

Do you know why?

It's because they aren't Hillary supporters, they are McCain supporters. Proof? Every time you post an anti-McCain post on these threads, it immediately draws fire from the same posters blasting Barack.

In a back-handed compliment, the McCain people, realizing how weak the McCain candidacy is, are doing their level best to see that Hillary, not Barack gets the Democrat nomination.

Truth be known, McCain's people are scared to death of McCain having to face and be compared to a young, vigorous, intelligent, articulate, even-tempered Barack Obama; the comparison on national tv in a head-to-head debate is the McCain campaign's major nightmare.

The McCain posters participation here boosting Hillary is tacit admission that they view Hillary as the weaker candidate for McCain to oppose.

Wellllll, I guess if I were backing a semi-senile doddering old curmudgeon for Presidwent, I would be looking to set up a patsy candidate like Hillary, too.

So don't be fooled by these pseudo-Hillaryites... they will dissappear once Barack secures the nomination and we'll be able to go to work on McCain, the ancient one with a campaign already resembling "Weekend at Bernies".

GO OBAMA!

YES WE CAN!

Since: Aug 07

Pleasanton, CA

#45 Mar 23, 2008
The laughing liberal wrote:
...Seriously, whoever gets their political information from a comedian is a moron.
Does that apply to those who get their information from Hannity and Rush Limbaugh?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#46 Mar 23, 2008
Since I don't think it's been said here, I will. Bill Maher is a very funny guy.

“Dropped on head as child”

Since: Dec 06

Athens, Ga

#47 Mar 23, 2008
TruthBeKnown wrote:
Don't be fooled... have you noticed how the anti-Obama crowd predominates on these threads?
Have you noticed how they mostly seem to blast Barack, without saying much positive about Hillary?
Do you know why?
It's because they aren't Hillary supporters, they are McCain supporters. Proof? Every time you post an anti-McCain post on these threads, it immediately draws fire from the same posters blasting Barack.
In a back-handed compliment, the McCain people, realizing how weak the McCain candidacy is, are doing their level best to see that Hillary, not Barack gets the Democrat nomination.
Truth be known, McCain's people are scared to death of McCain having to face and be compared to a young, vigorous, intelligent, articulate, even-tempered Barack Obama; the comparison on national tv in a head-to-head debate is the McCain campaign's major nightmare.
The McCain posters participation here boosting Hillary is tacit admission that they view Hillary as the weaker candidate for McCain to oppose.
Wellllll, I guess if I were backing a semi-senile doddering old curmudgeon for Presidwent, I would be looking to set up a patsy candidate like Hillary, too.
So don't be fooled by these pseudo-Hillaryites... they will dissappear once Barack secures the nomination and we'll be able to go to work on McCain, the ancient one with a campaign already resembling "Weekend at Bernies".
GO OBAMA!
YES WE CAN!
Good analysis.

Obama - McCain is not about race - its about the difference in generations, in worldviews, and in vision.

They WANT to make it about race because it is the only chance they have.
An-Independent

El Paso, TX

#48 Mar 23, 2008
TruthBeKnown wrote:
Do you know why?
GO OBAMA!
YES WE CAN!
That guy is really old . 71 come on America. this post is right on.
An-Independent

El Paso, TX

#50 Mar 23, 2008
Barrack would get our country so much respect around the world. and it is sad to see that the only reason people don't like this guy Obama is because he is black. what else is there to dislike about this young man? WHAT! O he hasn't proven to the world that he will screw you over unlike McCain and Hllary has shown.
Richard

Akron, OH

#51 Mar 23, 2008
Obama has the most liberal voting record in the Senate:
http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/
He also votes straight party line more than almost any other democratic senator, including Clinton. Obama was in a racist church for 20 years, and why? Because that's what most blacks do in Chicago. Obama did and sold drugs, just like his peers. Obama was on the take in Chicago, just like the rest of the Chicago crowd. Obama for change? Give me a break! If you believe that you have no discernment.
Figgs

Boca Raton, FL

#52 Mar 24, 2008
Richard wrote:
Obama has the most liberal voting record in the Senate:
He also votes straight party line more than almost any other democratic senator, including Clinton. Obama was in a racist church for 20 years, and why? Because that's what most blacks do in Chicago. Obama did and sold drugs, just like his peers. Obama was on the take in Chicago, just like the rest of the Chicago crowd. Obama for change? Give me a break! If you believe that you have no discernment.
So not only do you harbor racist sentiments but also a deep resentment of Chicago?!
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#53 Mar 24, 2008
McCain is an Old Fogey---period!

“make mine a double, please”

Since: Sep 07

chicago

#54 Mar 24, 2008
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>John McCain is an angry, closed-minded man who could very well lose control when he needs it most.
talk about closed-minded, larry, you're the posterboy for closed-minded...
you stick with your snakeoil salesman, obama ... both of you will go down the toilet together...
now THAT'S unity and change i'd like!

chicago

#55 Mar 24, 2008
Drift wrote:
<quoted text>
People watch his show?!
yep, 17.
Jason Garcia

Bowman, GA

#56 Mar 24, 2008
Wow... the Tribune has sunk pretty low ...since when has anybody cared what Bill Maher thinks?

chicago

#57 Mar 24, 2008
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the fact that Obama is NOT a warmonger?
That is a BIG change.
And he is not a corrupt lobbyist monger. McCain almost went to jail.
That's two - already outside your realm of comprehension....
one of the 17, eh, buzz?
how do you stay so incredibly idiotic?
you must work very, very hard at it.

chicago

#58 Mar 24, 2008
An-Independent wrote:
Barrack would get our country so much respect around the world. and it is sad to see that the only reason people don't like this guy Obama is because he is black. what else is there to dislike about this young man? WHAT! O he hasn't proven to the world that he will screw you over unlike McCain and Hllary has shown.
grape, or cherry kool-aid?

“VICTORY is Mine”

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#59 Mar 24, 2008
TooSmarttobeRepublican wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you wrong? Not until you prove you're right and you haven't even come close. First, you can NOT trust World Nut Daily as a source for anything except idiocy. Nor can you trust anything Brent Bozell says. As for the 'black panther' assertion - here's the web address for Obama's site. Go there and show me any indication of a 'new black panther' link. And when you don't find it, do pull your head out of your ass. You'll find the sunlight refreshing, but the brain damage from 'shit for brains' disease your suffering is irreversible.
Where's the link dumbass? Breakout the user manual.

“VICTORY is Mine”

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#60 Mar 24, 2008
An-Independent wrote:
Yeah, I will not vote for Obama because I don't like blacks. You left minded idiots are allready pulling that crap/ If does get elected every time someone doesn't agree with him there will allways be you saying it's because he's black.
He'll get us so much respect? Are you a kid? How is he going to do that, with his blackness?
Lake Mtka Local

United States

#61 Mar 24, 2008
Richard wrote:
Obama has the most liberal voting record in Congress:
He votes party line more than just about any other democrat, including Clinton. He went to a racist church for 20 years because that's what other blacks in Chicago did. He sold drugs, he received extremely discounted property while in office. You belive that this man is going to be an agent of change? If so, you lack discernment.
How would he be worse than that mentally impaired fella we have in the White House now? I'd gladly take a guy who sold dime bags over another member of that crooked posse.
Lake Mtka Local

United States

#62 Mar 24, 2008
just had lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
grape, or cherry kool-aid?
You seem to be attacing a lot of folk here. Where do you stand on the election -- as in, who are you supporting and why?
Lake Mtka Local

United States

#63 Mar 24, 2008
TruthBeKnown wrote:
Do you know why?
GO OBAMA!
YES WE CAN!
What do you consider to be so great about Obama? Admittedly he is a charismatic speaker. But, beyond that, what attributes does he possess that make him a wise candidate?

In my view he has the Iraq war issue dead wrong. But then I think all three candidates are incorrect about the best approach to that pitiful conflict.

As for the candidates, I think this is a weak race with no good options. Also, I would like just for once to go to the polls for the Presidential election and not have the names Clinton or Bush represented on the ballot. In my legal voting age life that has not yet occurred -- America is a 'democracy' my azz.
Lake Mtka Local

United States

#64 Mar 24, 2008
An-Independent wrote:
<quoted text> That guy is really old . 71 come on America. this post is right on.
Are you high? This country has been run by OLD white men for ages. Look at the Supreme Court's roster in the past few decades? How about Congress? They should be sponsored by Depends™.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min TRUMP WINNERS 229
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Megyn Smelly 1,458,836
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min TRUMP WINNERS 253,263
News Warning against carbon tariffs (Jul '09) 2 hr Another Damn Liberal 21
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Coffee Party 231,069
News GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away (Oct '14) 5 hr In graveyard no l... 207
News Michigan's Snyder Signs Bill Raising Minimum Wage (May '14) 10 hr Minimum wage 19
More from around the web