Will racism hinder Obama's re-election?

Will racism hinder Obama's re-election?

There are 1805 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 3, 2012, titled Will racism hinder Obama's re-election?. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The role of race in that election, they argue, was similar to the impact religion had in the 1960 presidential race when many voters rejected John F. Kennedy simply because he was Catholic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

just another guy

United States

#370 Feb 5, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes... I am white. Is that bad?
In this alternate universe we are in it seems to be the worst thing you can be. Unless you are a white male. A black conservative rates right down there too.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#371 Feb 5, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who has a crush on that twit is blind. That wacked hairdo, too short and too tight cheap clothes and s!utty wink is trashy, classless and tasteless.
Funny he'd think I'm in love with Saracudah- if he examined the avatar closely, he'd see the jacket is covered in racist radical patches, but they never look too closely, which is why they're always fooled by boob jobs.

LOL

Here's a link to a short piece on Jan Sewer in her youth, circa 1962- she's the one in the middle of the three girls:

Could it be more perfect?

LOL!!

Since: Jul 10

Calexico, CA

#372 Feb 5, 2012
A bill board said it best "If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove your not an idiot. Thank you......... Concern Citizens of America."

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#373 Feb 5, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
How in the world can I admit to something that isn't true? THE ACLU DEFENDED NAMBLA!
You statement was "The same ACLU that defended two members of NAMBLA ( North American Man-Boy Love Association ) for the brutal rape, torture, and murder of a 15 year old boy". The fact is they did not defend the murders like you stated. You also got the age of the victim wrong which clearly shows you have no knowledge of what happened. Now you are trying to change your statement. Typical Republican.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#374 Feb 5, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In this alternate universe we are in it seems to be the worst thing you can be. Unless you are a white male. A black conservative rates right down there too.
I'm a married white guy with two daughters. There is no lower form of life on the planet. If I even look up to breath, there's an angry fist or calloused palm ready to strike me down. Karma has rotated the world full circle. We who once ruled the world are now it's ass-kissing servants. As the whistling cat-o-nines tatters my clothes and shreds the flesh on my over-worked back, I can only look back at my tormentors and grin ... "Please, Sir! May I have another?"

Since: Feb 12

West Lafayette, IN

#375 Feb 5, 2012
No, Obama is just a bad leader who is spending our children's and grandchildren's money so that he can get reelected.

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Since: Jan 09

Manchester

#376 Feb 5, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>You statement was "The same ACLU that defended two members of NAMBLA ( North American Man-Boy Love Association ) for the brutal rape, torture, and murder of a 15 year old boy". The fact is they did not defend the murders like you stated. You also got the age of the victim wrong which clearly shows you have no knowledge of what happened. Now you are trying to change your statement. Typical Republican.
Oh, pardon me... I was wrong on the age... he wasn't 15, he was 10... as if that makes any difference whatsoever. I posted no less than 5 articles outlining that THE ACLU DEFENDED THE TWO MEMBERS OF NAMBLA FOR THE RAPE, TORTURE, AND MURDER OF THE BOY. TRY AND DEFLECT THAT ONE WITH MORE OF YOUR LIES...
THE FIRST ARTICLE I POSTED:

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2000/0...
Looters

AOL

#377 Feb 5, 2012
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, bappie ... if that's your picture, I think you should run ... give old Condi a run for her money. Black, slender women with brains ... it's the RIGHT STUFF!!!
They should kick your ass out of Texas. Mabe send you to Chicago or San Francisco.

You'd be the perfect gullible dummy for those far left loons that run those places.

Do you really believe that's bappie's pix?

LMAO...

Deltona Fla

#378 Feb 5, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, pardon me... I was wrong on the age... he wasn't 15, he was 10... as if that makes any difference whatsoever. I posted no less than 5 articles outlining that THE ACLU DEFENDED THE TWO MEMBERS OF NAMBLA FOR THE RAPE, TORTURE, AND MURDER OF THE BOY. TRY AND DEFLECT THAT ONE WITH MORE OF YOUR LIES...
I even copied and pasted one of your links that clearly stated that the ACLU was involved in a civil suit brought by the family. Do you understand the difference between a civil suit and a criminal prosecution? I guess not. Most likely intentionally since your only goal is to demonize the ACLU.

Deltona Fla

#379 Feb 5, 2012
The Last Templar wrote:
<quoted text>
The fist line of your link. "The American Civil Liberties Union will represent a group that advocates sex between men and boys in a lawsuit brought by the family of a slain 10-year-old." The third paragraph reads "The ACLU said the case, filed in federal court in mid-May, involves issues of freedom of speech and association." Nowhere does it say the ACLU was involved in the criminal defense. Do you understand what “a lawsuit brought by the family” means? It means civil suite, not a criminal defense. Damn are you dense .
Its Five Oclock Somewhere

AOL

#380 Feb 5, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>I even copied and pasted one of your links that clearly stated that the ACLU was involved in a civil suit brought by the family. Do you understand the difference between a civil suit and a criminal prosecution? I guess not. Most likely intentionally since your only goal is to demonize the ACLU.
Perhaps he was only "summarizing", you know, like you do, in an effort to demonize Limbaugh?

LMAO...

Deltona Fla

#381 Feb 5, 2012
Its Five Oclock Somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps he was only "summarizing", you know, like you do, in an effort to demonize Limbaugh?
LMAO...
You still have not told us what Limbaugh meant by his statement. Waiting,,,,,waiting,,,,waiting ,,,,

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#382 Feb 5, 2012
Looters wrote:
<quoted text>They should kick your ass out of Texas. Mabe send you to Chicago or San Francisco.
You'd be the perfect gullible dummy for those far left loons that run those places.
Do you really believe that's bappie's pix?
LMAO...
I take people at their word until shown otherwise! Somehow I think you might really be a "looter" ... ain't that a hoot!!
Chey Guava

Cleveland, OH

#383 Feb 5, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right wing genius who doesn't understand the usage of the word "racism" here, apparently.
You are spot on, Prof! Everyone knows that the only racists in this country are the dumb, white, cracker's who vote for their value's and not for a Marxist ideology. These people need to be rounded up and stored in some sort of re-education facility until they can prove to the truly intelligent, such as yourself, that they are down for the struggle. I'm with you comrade, when do we start?

Deltona Fla

#384 Feb 5, 2012
Is he or is he not advocating getting rid of the safety net?

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#385 Feb 5, 2012
TYPICAL HYPERPARTISAN... WEAK, ANEMIC, AND PATHETIC ATTEMPT TO LIE AND SPIN AWAY FROM THE CORE ISSUE AND THE FACTS.

GO AWAY PISSANT. Someone couldn't change your view with a brick.

Location hidden

#386 Feb 5, 2012
Its Five Oclock Somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps he was only "summarizing", you know, like you do, in an effort to demonize Limbaugh?
LMAO...
That isn't hard to do with regards to lard arse. He's a hypocrite, liar and weak arse punk. Imagine, trying to blame your Mexican maid for your drugs? Sterotype? Thought he could use the race card to get out of it? lol. It's very easy to demonize a liar and a hypocrite.
gainesville2000

La Plata, MD

#387 Feb 5, 2012
The democrats say that any criticism of our president is racist because they have to blame their failed policies on something. In case you haven't noticed, if anyone disagrees or votes against the president and the amazon woman it's racist!!!
CHECK SIX wrote:
Yes,it exists in the black number of black politicians,media,and spokesman...those like Farrakhan,Rev. Wright,Jessi Jackson,Al A,,Sharpton,Black Panthers,Rapp Crap,
NAACP,the black czars,and others.,,Its hard to believe,Obama elected by a majority of white people,and for all his faults,still is held in high esteem.How can that be?

if Some may recall,this tactic was used against Hillary,in their debates.BUBBA was a RACIST ,thes hate mongers screamed,notably .guess who?JESSI JACKSON!!

its the ole RACE card being played by BLACK RACISTS.

It seems Those who support Obama use this dirty,tactic!...Why not?? it works for them...

“"Beau-Se'ant”

Manchester

#388 Feb 5, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't hard to do with regards to lard arse. He's a hypocrite, liar and weak arse punk. Imagine, trying to blame your Mexican maid for your drugs? Sterotype? Thought he could use the race card to get out of it? lol. It's very easy to demonize a liar and a hypocrite.
How pathetic is that? You liberal idiots still trying to demonize Limbaugh, and all you've got is the non-prescription allegations on oxycontin.
VERY PATHETIC.

Limabaugh is a genius. 20,000,000 listeners each and every day, and growing. DEAL WITH IT. It's why WE are so informed ( thanks to Glenn Beck University as well ), and guys and gals on the left are STUCK ON STUPID!

Megadittos to you all.
General Robert E Lee

Dallas, GA

#389 Feb 5, 2012
gainesville2000 wrote:
The democrats say that any criticism of our president is racist because they have to blame their failed policies on something. In case you haven't noticed, if anyone disagrees or votes against the president and the amazon woman it's racist!!!
<quoted text>
It shouldn't be so, but, racists cry racism, not because it is, but because it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

2012 Presidential Election Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Julia 1,496,745
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 min MANCHILD TRUMP 5,677
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Panks 259,015
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 3 min oh man 297
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,401
News CIA analyst resigns because of Trump's 'disturb... 6 min Sandra 19
News Obama gives last-day interview to Ryan Seacrest (Nov '10) 1 hr Big Johnson 99
More from around the web